PDA

View Full Version : BoaterMouth.com in Beta Phase

Matt Trulio
11-28-2009, 08:43 PM
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to give you a heads-up about a new boat site called BoaterMouth.com, which launched in beta form just before Thanksgiving. BoaterMouth is, among many things, the syndicated daily blogs from various marine writers, each with his or her own website. Each of us has a speciality, and on BoaterMouth you'll find blogs on everything from megayachts and electronics to personal watecraft and high-performance boats, which is my segment. My site supporting BoaterMouth.com is speedonthewater.com. Please check it out when you have a moment.

As I mentioned, I'll be blogging daily (OK, I did take off the day after Thanksgiving) in addition to the work I do for Powerboat and H20 Full Throttle magazines, as well as my bi-weekly column on Boats.com. If you visit BoaterMouth and click on my link or just click on the high-performance tab below, you'll find anything from a gift pick (Hering prop box ... pretty cool at $175), to a three-question interview with Fred Kiekhaefer of Mercury Racing, to news on Skater's upcoming 40-foot hardtop cat.

While you can comment on my blog if you register, and I really want you to, neither BoaterMouth nor speedonthewater is a substitute for a message board like this one. This forum is vital and, frankly, a blast to read. I am a big fan.

The subject line of this thread uses the word "Beta Phase." That means BoaterMouth.com is full of bugs that will be gone by our "hard launch" in February at the Miami International Boat Show. Between now and then, I encourage you to go on there and bang around, if you will, to see what works or doesn't work. You can email me this information at matttrulio@gmail.com.

The BoaterMouth concept is based daily news and features from each segment of the boating world--all in one easily accessible site. The response to date, frankly, has been overwhelming. Most people really seem to like it.

But most people are not my primary concern. You guys, the high-performance folks, are. So let me know what you think, what you want and how I can make things better.

Thanks for reading.

Matt Trulio

nortech4play
11-28-2009, 10:45 PM
Matt,

Thanks for letting us know...it's now on my bookmarks page and will be checking it all the time...

Matt Trulio
11-28-2009, 11:16 PM
Nortech4play,

Many, many thanks. By the end of the week I will have an "RSS Feed" button on speedonthewater.com so you can get the blog daily to your email.

Being on the West Coast, I'll often be posting later than I'd like for you folks out of this time zone. Then again, I do tend to work early.

Thanks again.

Matt Trulio
11-30-2009, 08:48 AM
One more thing: While my blog on speedonthewater.com will refresh daily, the departments such as Blazing Boats, Colorful Characters and Outrageous Power will refresh weekly. I'm not just looking for the over-the-top and the obvious. Your suggestions for these departments are welcome. You can contact me through the site or at matttrulio@gmail.com

Thanks again for reading.

Matt Trulio
12-01-2009, 04:17 PM
For a review of Big Seas Productions latest video, "The History of Skater," check out http://speedonthewater.com/

T2x
12-01-2009, 04:54 PM
For a review of Big Seas Productions latest video, "The History of Skater," check out http://speedonthewater.com/

Thank you for the kind words Matt. Darren is very proud of his work on that DVD and it is also a tribute to Phil Lewis and our old NNRT team. Last but not least, it is easy to narrate when the subject ( Peter Hledin and Skater) sets the bar so high yet clears it every time.

Best of luck in your new web venture............

T2x

Matt Trulio
12-01-2009, 04:58 PM
Yeah, I noticed Darren edited the DVD. Nice job, good transitions. What I didn't mention is that I think it captures an era, a few actually, that is long gone.

cigdaze
12-01-2009, 05:06 PM
Cool site. I'll be checkin' in on it regularly. Thanks Matt.

Matt Trulio
12-01-2009, 05:29 PM
Thanks, CigDaze. Something new every day, except weekends and holidays. I do love time off.

cigdaze
12-01-2009, 05:48 PM
Can't argue with that. :)

RPM
12-01-2009, 07:02 PM
Very cool site! Thanks for posting!

Matt Trulio
12-02-2009, 12:08 AM
Thanks, RPM. I'll try to keep it interesting.