PDA

View Full Version : Drinking til I blackout...

MarylandMark
11-23-2009, 11:18 AM
Will it ever end?

BobTheBuilder told me he doesn't drink- has a hard enough time remembering without the booze. I think that I know what he means but for some reason I don't know when to say when..

I got dropped off at a friends house for the football game, then we went to a bar, then to another friends house and I ended up at another friends house where she picked me up- I remember the bar and then lights out!

800 Motrins are my friend..

Davidmnc
11-23-2009, 11:23 AM
I like to drink as much as the next guy. But there are very few times I don't remember. Drinking till you black out on a regular basis is not a good idea. IMHO If I'm out of line just say so.

t500hps
11-23-2009, 11:26 AM
So how good of friends are these guys? Sounds like they kept taking you somewhere to get rid of you. Maybe you got the date-rape drink.....and does your butt hurt this morning? :moon: :huh:

MarylandMark
11-23-2009, 11:33 AM
I like to drink as much as the next guy. But there are very few times I don't remember. Drinking till you black out on a regular basis is not a good idea. IMHO If I'm out of line just say so.

Not out of line at all- I hate the saying but "Its all good". I wouldn't say regular basis- only like 1-2 a month.

You would think at 37 I'd be done with this sport by now :)

Tom A.
11-23-2009, 11:34 AM
Ouch!

ChiefApache
11-23-2009, 11:39 AM
only like 1-2 a month.

Um, that's a lot. If you had said per year, no biggie. Per month? That's a problem.

JupiterSunsation
11-23-2009, 11:46 AM
Um, that's a lot. If you had said per year, no biggie. Per month? That's a problem.

I was thinking the same thing.....

Went out with another couple Saturday night and it was great until after dinner when the booze caught up with my buddy's girlfriend. Dinner was wonderful @ $625 and she was hurling up $40 Filet Mignon with $9 potatoes before midnight. We went to another bar after dinner and she can't even remember going there...... I had met her that day for the first time, he was embarassed for sure.

MMark consider the inconvienence you may be when that loaded and how your friends look at that/deal with it......funny once in awhile but you definitely don't want to be known as the guy that gets hammered everytime he goes out.....

cigdaze
11-23-2009, 11:47 AM
I wouldn't say regular basis- only like 1-2 a month.

Really?...That's pretty regular. :biggrinjester:

Audiofn
11-23-2009, 11:51 AM
Some people are more prone to the black outs then others. You must be part women... :D

MarylandMark
11-23-2009, 12:00 PM
Just having a little fun with my hangover...

We were more the life of the party than the guys falling down all over the place. It started with me and a friend, then added 2 more friends, then added 4 more at the next party, etc- I wasn't being dumped off; more like kept adding people to the posse. Yes- we had a driver, we didn't break any thing and I was in bed by 8:30PM.

1-2 times a month was a joke as well. I'd say more like 3-4 times a month... Sorry- 'nother joke. To be honest it may happen a few times a year; if that. I was drinking beer, then the guy made me a liquor drink which did me in so I called my ride and was in bed 1/2 later. Was not the stumbling drooling falling in to things guy every one shys away from by far.

The days when I go out just to hang out and have a few beers seem to turn out being the most fun!

I wasn't this guy:
http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12134

MarylandMark
11-23-2009, 12:09 PM
I don't drink for any thing other than to have fun- not hiding from any thing or trying to kill the pain or a functional alcoholic or any of those other things either.

I've been drinking often lately since we entertain at our new house almost every weekend so it was rare for me to get out and about and not have to be "the host".

Just a guy that went out for a football game that had a few more than normal is all..

It's all good!

Davidmnc
11-23-2009, 12:20 PM
I don't drink for any thing other than to have fun- not hiding from any thing or trying to kill the pain or a functional alcoholic or any of those other things either.

I've been drinking often lately since we entertain at our new house almost every weekend so it was rare for me to get out and about and not have to be "the host".

Just a guy that went out for a football game that had a few more than normal is all..

It's all good!

Good. Nobody wants to be "That Guy". And we worry about our SOS family members. I can say that I have drank more this year than the past few. I don't really know why, just seams like it.

MarylandMark
11-23-2009, 12:22 PM
:sifone:

phragle
11-23-2009, 12:24 PM
well your liver and kidneys arent going to like you.. be glad your overdosing on motrin instead of tylenol... or you would be on a transplant list if you were still walking...

phragle
11-23-2009, 12:25 PM
Good. Nobody wants to be "That Guy". And we worry about our SOS family members. I can say that I have drank more this year than the past few. I don't really know why, just seams like it.

Well,,you were hanging wih me for a couple days.... :sifone:

Seafordguy
11-23-2009, 12:31 PM
I've noticed that if you drink heavily, and then immediately go to sleep you will often remember much less, then if you drink heavily and kind of wind down at the end of the evening...

Rush
11-23-2009, 12:32 PM
Just having a little fun with my hangover...

We were more the life of the party than the guys falling down all over the place. It started with me and a friend, then added 2 more friends, then added 4 more at the next party, etc- I wasn't being dumped off; more like kept adding people to the posse. Yes- we had a driver, we didn't break any thing and I was in bed by 8:30PM.

1-2 times a month was a joke as well. I'd say more like 3-4 times a month... Sorry- 'nother joke. To be honest it may happen a few times a year; if that. I was drinking beer, then the guy made me a liquor drink which did me in so I called my ride and was in bed 1/2 later. Was not the stumbling drooling falling in to things guy every one shys away from by far.

The days when I go out just to hang out and have a few beers seem to turn out being the most fun!

I wasn't this guy:
http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12134

He doe's look a little like you though...:26: I mean just the falling down part.

Davidmnc
11-23-2009, 12:35 PM

Yea, you me and the Captain!

ChiefApache
11-23-2009, 12:36 PM

And me. :leaving:

Dude! Sweet!
11-23-2009, 12:43 PM
If you can get the motrin down and keep it down, you're not drinking enough... Don't sweat it! :sifone:

phragle
11-23-2009, 12:50 PM
And me. :leaving:

Your reported for instigating trouble missy!!!!! Where ever you go a party seems to break out!

TIKI
11-23-2009, 01:01 PM
well your liver and kidneys arent going to like you.. be glad your overdosing on motrin instead of tylenol... or you would be on a transplant list if you were still walking...

Motrin (Ibuprofen) is HARD on the kidneys...it has that NSAIDs stuff that tears you kidneys apart.....don't ask how I know:ack2:

Too many hangovers with too much Ibuprofen:(

ChiefApache
11-23-2009, 01:22 PM
Your reported for instigating trouble missy!!!!! Where ever you go a party seems to break out!

It's kinda cool! :biggrinjester:

DollaBill
11-23-2009, 02:00 PM
don't be a quitter Mark! jk. I've really toned it down during the week lately. Just party on the weekends.

As for the date rape thing I do have this one time that i think someone was messing with me in Ft. Lauderdale. Had 2 martinis (which are like water to me) and then on the third I went blank and the next thing I know I wake up in my bed about 1 pm the next day wearing one of the bartenders (female) necklace. FREAKY.

Davidmnc
11-23-2009, 02:05 PM
don't be a quitter Mark! jk. I've really toned it down during the week lately. Just party on the weekends.

As for the date rape thing I do have this one time that i think someone was messing with me in Ft. Lauderdale. Had 2 martinis (which are like water to me) and then on the third I went blank and the next thing I know I wake up in my bed about 1 pm the next day wearing one of the bartenders (female) necklace. FREAKY.

Did you feel violated? :ack2:

BobbyB
11-23-2009, 03:09 PM
Mark,
Get in my Belly!

phragle
11-23-2009, 03:15 PM
well at least you didn't get pregnant.....

DollaBill
11-23-2009, 03:16 PM
Did you feel violated? :ack2:

LOL. Don't remember a thing but at least it was a chick. That much I'm sure of

MarylandMark
11-23-2009, 03:18 PM
LOL @ BobbyB

Silly women- that cost her a $600 bar tab. Jimmys on K Street- was going to go there last week but ended up at The Palm instead. Just as much wine was consumed none the less.

phragle
11-23-2009, 03:20 PM
well..if you dont remember a thing after the second drink, you were still in the bar when it went black...are you really sure it wasn't a he-she???????????????

MarylandMark
11-23-2009, 03:20 PM
She had an adams apple!

DollaBill
11-23-2009, 03:24 PM
well..if you dont remember a thing after the second drink, you were still in the bar when it went black...are you really sure it wasn't a he-she???????????????

Yes b/c the bartenders at Blue in Ft. Lauderdale are SMOKINNNNNN and they each had on these special blue light up necklaces that night. And I woke up with one. I do remember the chick just no idea what happened or how I got home etc. Total blank.

I also have no recolection of the infamous suitcase incident at the Emerald Coast run 2 years ago. I do remember most of the rest of the debauchery the past 20 years tho

DollaBill
11-23-2009, 03:26 PM
case closed..

Geronimo36
11-23-2009, 03:28 PM
Some people are more prone to the black outs then others. You must be part women... :D

Classic!!!

All these years I've never blacked out... if I did I might quit!:03:

MarylandMark
11-23-2009, 03:28 PM
case closed..

NICE! Should'a had a video of her for us (not to see you either..)

Perlmudder
11-23-2009, 03:38 PM
but sometimes you just have to predict the forecast... drunk with an 85% chance of blacking out.

Gladhe8er
11-23-2009, 04:12 PM
but sometimes you just have to predict the forecast... drunk with an 85% chance of blacking out.

That was me in college. Now I black out a few times a year. Like David, I have been drinking more this last year(pretty much every THurs/Fri/Sat). I think it has to do with the economy. I gota say that I haven't drank in 12 days(since Key West) and I feel great!

Wrinkleface
11-23-2009, 04:40 PM
Yes b/c the bartenders at Blue in Ft. Lauderdale are SMOKINNNNNN and they each had on these special blue light up necklaces that night. And I woke up with one. I do remember the chick just no idea what happened or how I got home etc. Total blank.

I also have no recolection of the infamous suitcase incident at the Emerald Coast run 2 years ago. I do remember most of the rest of the debauchery the past 20 years tho

I was there Thurs. night of the Lauderdale show!! WTF were ya, U were gunna buy drinks!!!

cuda
11-23-2009, 04:41 PM

I had a similar experience. It involved two Quaaludes, a pitcher of beer on a Friday night. I woke up Sunday at this chick's house that I worked with. :confused:

cuda
11-23-2009, 04:45 PM
The forecast for tonight is drunk, with scattered soberness in the morning.

cuda
11-23-2009, 04:46 PM
If I was sober enough to remember, I'd take two extra strength Tylenol, and wash them down with an Alka Seltzer Plus. :(

DollaBill
11-23-2009, 04:54 PM
that was profound Bouy

Buoy
11-23-2009, 04:58 PM
G7UG2IghngM&feature=related

Buoy
11-23-2009, 05:00 PM
One of my favorite sayings was always "I saw the forecast, and it's supposed to get pretty drunk out tonight".

DollaBill
11-23-2009, 05:02 PM
The reality is that you can't compare most of us to civilians. We are professionals

Buoy
11-23-2009, 05:06 PM
The reality is that you can't compare most of us to civilians. We are professionals

At my last place, if I didn't tell the guy at the beer store that I was going on vacation, he got nervous after two days of not seeing me in the store and was worried if I was OK.
I miss Apu. He was a good guy.:)

phragle
11-23-2009, 05:08 PM
If your band sounded like WASP, you'd drink too......

DollaBill
11-23-2009, 05:11 PM
If your band sounded like WASP, you'd drink too......

just LOL'd. thanks.

BobbyB
11-23-2009, 05:44 PM
LOL @ BobbyB

Silly women- that cost her a $600 bar tab. Jimmys on K Street- was going to go there last week but ended up at The Palm instead. Just as much wine was consumed none the less.

We need to do that again soon with muffy and kadie. I could use a good drunken night with you idiots.:sifone::sifone:

MikeyFIN
11-23-2009, 05:52 PM
I blacked out maybe this millenium 3-4 times....usually I just take around 5-7 drinks a night and stop there.
Hang around late every time though.

MarylandMark
11-23-2009, 05:58 PM
We need to do that again soon with muffy and kadie. I could use a good drunken night with you idiots.:sifone::sifone:

Ditto! I'm game on most days that end with a Y. I hear you are living up north some place making tons of money- bring your wallet and we'll celebrate!

Bobcat
11-23-2009, 06:21 PM
:leaving:

Perlmudder
11-23-2009, 06:51 PM

Were having Tshirts made for my flip cup team that say "one sip one flip" and "professionals amongst amateurs" :03:

MILD THUNDER
11-23-2009, 06:53 PM
No sweat Mark. Casual drinking to me is like having twin 1200's in a skater. Sure, its cool and all, but sometimes you gotta go WFO to get the full effect! I have a awful memory of events when i get going. I usually call buddies the next day to find out what I missed during my blackout the night before. However, I have never had anyone tell me I was out of hand, sloppy, slurring, falling down, etc. I think it has to do with my memory in general. I forget stuff when im sober too all the time.

What was this thread about again?

DollaBill
11-23-2009, 07:00 PM
Were having Tshirts made for my flip cup team that say "one sip one flip" and "professionals amongst amateurs" :03:

XL thanks Josh:sifone:

BobbyB
11-23-2009, 07:20 PM
Ditto! I'm game on most days that end with a Y. I hear you are living up north some place making tons of money- bring your wallet and we'll celebrate!

I am living up north not sure on that making tons of money part.

cuda
11-23-2009, 07:38 PM
Only amateurs play drinking games. I take my drinking seriously!:willy_nilly:

RLJ676
11-23-2009, 07:48 PM
Some people are just prone to blacking out more.....like myself.

I can drink like a fish, and behave doing so, but frequently have blanks in the evening.

In college I quit drinking whiskey on any kind of regular basis because of repeatedly having this conversation:

Friend - "Were you drinking last night"?
Me- "Why?"
Friend- "I couldn't tell talking to you"
Me- "I saw you last night?":willy_nilly:

Now it's just beer, but still a ****load of it the once or twice a week I'll drink.

Dude! Sweet!
11-24-2009, 12:46 PM
I can black out from driving past a beer truck... And honestly I think there must be different kinds of blackouts... I attribute most of mine to switching off the tape in my brain and just doing the moment without any sort of self consiousness... Just doin' it...

And I've been told I'm more of a burden on people when I'm sober than when I'm drunk anyhow!

Big Time
11-24-2009, 01:25 PM
I always start my night out with a toast that goes something like this:

"Have a safe blackout tonight"

or

"Enjoy your blackout tonight"

I can stay away from the time travel as long as I stick to just beer. The introduction of the hard stuff changes everything for me....

DonziGirl
11-24-2009, 02:12 PM
I love flip cup!

I haven't blacked out in awhile. I think I only have a handful of times in my life.

Perlmudder
11-24-2009, 02:23 PM
The HHH Flip Cup/Beer Pong Table!!

TIKI
11-24-2009, 02:27 PM
Drinking games.....anyone play Louisville Chugger?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnba0qcsT4Q

Gotta love youtube...just waisted an hour. We play this on the dock, but participants are required to wear a life jacket for obvious reasons.

TCEd
11-24-2009, 04:39 PM
Sobering thread.

DollaBill
11-24-2009, 04:43 PM
happy hour yet?

cuda
11-24-2009, 04:44 PM
I've never even heard of flip cup, much less ever played it.

Audiofn
11-24-2009, 05:02 PM
Cuda this is for you bro. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpi1aVZxucI

Perlmudder
11-24-2009, 05:24 PM

They missed out on a few key components. First, you chant "olay" before the first person goes, and as you progress in the game, you move down the line so that every team member gets a chance at every position. Second, you need to use solos! Not those crappy cups they used. And lastly, its all about having a light touch. :)

Dude! Sweet!
11-24-2009, 08:01 PM
Damn complicated modern society... Back in my day, we just called it "cups".

sellsman11
11-24-2009, 09:16 PM

"Invitation only Beer Olympics." I Love it!!

Oh...and we called it "Cups" also.

cuda
11-24-2009, 09:40 PM
...........and I thought playing quarters was goofy.:ack2:

MacGyver
11-24-2009, 09:42 PM
...........and I thought playing quarters was goofy.:ack2:

Ahhhh, quarters. I was a pro.

DollaBill
11-25-2009, 10:12 AM
Ahhhh, quarters. I was a pro.

I still am

Geronimo36
11-25-2009, 11:21 AM
Flip Cup...wow, blast from the past! Quarters........

I haven't played those games since college!

How about a$$hole?

Or high/low - up river/down river

Perlmudder
11-25-2009, 11:34 AM
Or high/low - up river/down river

those always make for a messy night! those are the type of games that creep up on you!

Geronimo36
11-25-2009, 01:09 PM
in A-hole...what was there.... President, VP everyone else in the middle, vice a-hole and a-hole?

Pres could make a new rule, we usually made drinking rules like thumb on the table or hand on forehead or some crap like that....
A-hole (http://www.pagat.com/climbing/*******.html)

Geronimo36
11-25-2009, 01:10 PM
those always make for a messy night! those are the type of games that creep up on you!

no doubt!!! And don't let anyone (especially the chicks) cheat....that glass had to empty at least a mouthfull....if you were caught cheating you had to chug what you had left plus what you missed!:ack2:

Geronimo36
11-25-2009, 01:12 PM
Ever play flip cup with a cork instead of a cup???? Now that's skill!!!!