PDA

View Full Version : ...And Another Thing

Chris
11-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Since you all seemed to be with me on the "citizen" thing...

I have still not left Key West.

OK, so my ass is in my office chair in Ohio, but "I" haven't left, but...

I haven't shaven all week.

I'm not wearing socks, despite it being 45 degrees.

I'm wearing a 10-year-old threadbare Cigarette sweatshirt.

I'm sipping ny Diet Coke from a can comfortably wrapped in an OldSchool II coozie.

I'm getting funny looks. Part from the appearance, part from the perma-smile.

Anyone else?

catastrophe
11-19-2009, 05:40 PM
Since you all seemed to be with me on the "citizen" thing...

I have still not left Key West.

OK, so my ass is in my office chair in Ohio, but "I" haven't left, but...

I haven't shaven all week.

I'm not wearing socks, despite it being 45 degrees.

I'm wearing a 10-year-old threadbare Cigarette sweatshirt.

I'm sipping ny Diet Coke from a can comfortably wrapped in an OldSchool II coozie.

I'm getting funny looks. Part from the appearance, part from the perma-smile.

Anyone else?

You have a permanent smile cuz you are sitting on the fkn Penguin:):)

GENERAL LEE
11-19-2009, 05:45 PM
I've got a great friend that used to live at the lake in the Summers like me working at a marina. He would buy a new pair of Teva's every Spring, and not wear ANY other "footwear" than those until "usually" around Christmas, OR January depending on how cold it was. I'm talking shorts, jeans, khaki's, slacks, etc.....he was wearing Teva's.... I would only see him a handful of times after Labor Day, so it was hilarious to see him STILL rockin those things.

Ted
11-19-2009, 05:45 PM

Or.....

cigdaze
11-19-2009, 05:46 PM
Too funny. I shaved last Wednesday. It's kind of like the hockey play-offs, except I'm past KW round 1, waiting for round 2. A colleague tells me yesterday, "I can tell you really haven't left KW yet, have you??

And you didn't mention seeing Firewater.

Perlmudder
11-19-2009, 05:51 PM
I've got a great friend that used to live at the lake in the Summers like me working at a marina. He would buy a new pair of Teva's every Spring, and not wear ANY other "footwear" than those until "usually" around Christmas, OR January depending on how cold it was. I'm talking shorts, jeans, khaki's, slacks, etc.....he was wearing Teva's.... I would only see him a handful of times after Labor Day, so it was hilarious to see him STILL rockin those things.

Thats one of my things, I buy a couple pair of leather flip flops in April and wear them until it snows. I have a good feeling about this year making it to December since I haven't seen snow yet!

Wrinkleface
11-19-2009, 05:54 PM

Scary , but funny!!:26:

MarylandMark
11-19-2009, 06:09 PM
Vacation mode:

Total days on vacation X 2= days prior to vacation my mind is on vacation
Total days on vacation x 3= days I'm still on vacation when I return

I try to go on vacation for a week at a time about once every 5 weeks...

03darkshadow
11-19-2009, 06:09 PM
i keep talking about it at the office, everyone is tired of hearing about it. :rofl: its about 54 outside and im freezing my ass off, im not back to being used this cold weather yet.

BBB725
11-19-2009, 06:12 PM
You guys need to move currently 77 and sunny:sifone:

Gladhe8er
11-19-2009, 06:19 PM
I'm with ya Chris. I have been lounging since I got back. I actually got sick either from KW or the plane ride home and I have been working from home. No shave, no socks, no worries.

Geronimo36
11-19-2009, 06:23 PM

I used to do that when I was younger, it was a surfer thing I suppose. However, I was wearing Reefs.

Come Jan/Feb I'd still have tan lines on my feet!:26:

Kinda miss those days!:USA:

PARADOX
11-19-2009, 06:33 PM
I don't shave unless it's funeral or a wedding.
Got the old red SOS shirt on, older then Noah sweat pants, Sneakers that Moses wore..
Sox that helps me walk.. (don't touch this one).. KW hat when I go uot and get a pack of smokes and a few cans of Heiny.. Don't even buy a six pack anymore...
The looks I get could melt steel... then I go back in my bilge and have a great time.... and I say .. FÄK the world.
Removing headers and check is the next project. Outrdive being fixed. TFT run in Jax next.

DAREDEVIL
11-19-2009, 06:58 PM
I live in FL, never in the office and don't shave often , always walk around with no socks , t shirt and my boxers .
I GUESS ITS JUST FLORIDA !!!!!!!!!:sifone:

Tom A.
11-19-2009, 07:35 PM
Still haven't shaved, still tired, still feeling relaxed!!!!!!!

Chris
11-19-2009, 07:51 PM
Or.....

That didn't hurt.