PDA

View Full Version : Non-Boating Friends

Chris
11-19-2009, 01:13 PM
I've found myself this week speaking with my friends differently. I have no urge whatsoever to tell them anything about last week. Usually when I talk about boating I get those polite, interested looks but I know they don't "get it". Even though I've had them out before. I know they don't understand.

Even more, I find myself referring to them as "civilians". I was doing that in KW too. Didn't want to go into a bar because it was "full of civilians". Wanted to hang with the serious boaters.

Is it just me?

DAREDEVIL
11-19-2009, 01:16 PM
NO,,,not just u . Happens all the time ! LOL:USA:

DollaBill
11-19-2009, 01:17 PM
nope me too. Hard to relate to those "other" people.

GENERAL LEE
11-19-2009, 01:19 PM
It's not just you.

It always kind of surprises me just HOW bad some don't "get it", that have been on the water plenty of times before. http://smiliesftw.com/x/hsughno.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

"Just sit down, enjoy your beer. Don't get in the way, cool?" :sifone:

fund razor
11-19-2009, 01:20 PM
LOL.
"Civilians." :D

cigdaze
11-19-2009, 01:21 PM
No doubt about it. We're a special breed. Very few people can relate to the family we have. And forget telling them about SOS...they'll never get it. I've tried.

"Oh, a boat club?...boat club website?...gee, that's nice"

Know what I mean?

Sammyb713
11-19-2009, 01:28 PM
Feel the same way..

Its tough even holding an interesting convo with someone that doesnt own or enjoy powerboating/racing..

Some people just dont know what they are missing!

GENERAL LEE
11-19-2009, 01:30 PM
Then there's the other way around....

When you're with a few boating buddies, and totally ignore the rest of the group all night, talking about the same chit we talked about last time.:sifone:

Pat D
11-19-2009, 01:32 PM
Is it just me?

No.......

nothing worse than a blank stare or a weak "wow".....

that's why SOS therapy website is here........:)

PARADOX
11-19-2009, 01:35 PM
Countless times I sit around the hotel bar after a Poker Run. Countless time "civillians" ask me .. >what's going on? is it a race? Sales? .< or whatever, and I have to do the laymen explaining. Most have no clue what's boating or perfomance boating is all about. We are a unique breed in a unique site. I always wanted to be "one of the few.. not the manny" Case in point.. my boat.. not manny of them around.
The best "civillian" moment at Destin poker run in 2008. Bunch of Cigs at the docks. flags,, banners. etc. a few "Cig girls" and the civillians walking around. I hear a couple blond girls talking.. while lighting up a smoke.. one sais to the other.. "I wonder what brand they are advertising and if they give away free sample packs"..
It took a lot of self restrain not to push them in the water.. Those "civillians" were aboout to get very WETT.

Pat D
11-19-2009, 01:40 PM
Someone said to me recently, "when are you and your husband going to give up all that boat racing stuff and START HAVING SOME FUN?"

My brain went into overdrive but luckily my mouth slammed shut........

scottw
11-19-2009, 01:44 PM
"Civilians" That is a great term for those who don't understand. hahaha

DollaBill
11-19-2009, 01:59 PM
civilians - I love it

BraceYourself
11-19-2009, 02:01 PM
I'd classify anyone not in HIGH PERFORMANCE boating as civilians. You're right they don't get it, but that's ok, and that's what makes our sport so unique.

I cringe when I get roped into taking a civilian for a boat ride. Even the guy that has been boating for 10 years (cruisers). I warn them we are going to go fast, and to think of it as a sport, you have to look forward, read the waves, and bend at the knees... Then I get the I'm fine its no big deal... Then out in 1-2 footers at 85mph you hear screams from the back like "Sweet baby Jesus,,, slow down" or the look back and their hugging the seat base on the floor, and have forgot everything I said about the most important thing... Which is "don't loose your feet"

So inevitably I slow down to 60mph, its a rougher ride, and they are like that's better. I think people are just not use to looking to the side and seeing the water whip by so fast.

11-19-2009, 02:02 PM
2 categories of friends here too. Those who do and those who don't. :USA:

TxHawk
11-19-2009, 02:05 PM
My wife calls it Boatbook. I guess its true. She has facebook to keep up with the people she wants to, and I have BoatBook to follow the community I enjoy.

Others cannot understand what I am doing when I see a familiar boat, wave them down and talk to a "stranger" about their boat.

Chris
11-19-2009, 02:05 PM
OK. I feel better. I was even thinking about not hitting the post button after I wrote that. I was starting to think I was getting just a little too deep into this.

"Civilians". I'm still thinking I might be a little screwy.

Ted
11-19-2009, 02:11 PM
Definitely civilians, I used that several times this weekend.

PARADOX
11-19-2009, 02:16 PM
A "civillian"... white shirt back seat.
We'r going about 70+-. 08 Sarasota run.. He been around boats all his life.. Details boats.. Nice guy.. but "civillian"... Hangin' on to his dear life. You need to zoom in.. it's a picture of a picture, but funny as heII.. :26:

Blue Oval
11-19-2009, 02:17 PM
If you only had two bars to drink at on vacation, one full of non-boaters, the other bar with a bunch of blow boaters(sail boaters). Which one would you pick? I know the wait staff would pick the non-boaters, the blow boaters think the word tip is to tip there beer! What do you think?

Chris
11-19-2009, 02:19 PM
I'd find a drive-thru and hang at the hotel pool.

Trim'd Up
11-19-2009, 02:43 PM
I don't have any non-boating friends...or boating friends for that matter. :D

Pat D
11-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Definitely civilians, I used that several times this weekend.

Ted.......I was THERE !!! Missed you again.
Pat

Perlmudder
11-19-2009, 02:50 PM
When my laptop dies in class, i rock it old school and whip out a sketch pad and pen and go to town. The kid sitting beside me one day says "I've never met someone who likes boats so much!"

Offshoredrillin
11-19-2009, 02:53 PM
you have friends? :biggrinjester:

Airpacker
11-19-2009, 02:56 PM
I tend to think of "them" not so much as civilians but as the "unfortunates". Its not just boaters and non boaters. Its just about everyone else and US.:)

I have many customers who have boated their entire lives yet when they saw or heard I was dropping 900hp in my ( huge to some, small to others ) 25footer, none of them "got it".
Then there were the ones that weren't boaters who only wanted to know how much gas was going to cost. They didn't "get it" either.
Blow boaters will never "Get it", ever. They are just too cheap to buy gas, never mind parts :)

How very "unfortunate" for the lot of them.

sellsman11
11-19-2009, 02:57 PM
I've learned not to trust anyone that doesnt enjoy boating. Period.

clayinaustin
11-19-2009, 02:59 PM
I'm confused... Tell me more about these "non boating" friends... :p

DollaBill
11-19-2009, 02:59 PM
it's a lifestyle brothers

Trim'd Up
11-19-2009, 03:39 PM
Even regular boaters without performance boats can't relate. They can't understand what our boat's are good for if you don't ski, fish, or hunt out of them. There is no explaining it, you just have to show them, and some still don't get it, but the ones that do are hooked.

cigdaze
11-19-2009, 03:44 PM
How many times have y'all been asked if you fish off that thing? If not, what good is it?
:rolleyes:

Perlmudder
11-19-2009, 04:10 PM
Even regular boaters without performance boats can't relate. They can't understand what our boat's are good for if you don't ski, fish, or hunt out of them. There is no explaining it, you just have to show them, and some still don't get it, but the ones that do are hooked.

I hunt with mine... just not for ducks! :sifone:

Geronimo36
11-19-2009, 04:20 PM
I've learned not to trust anyone that doesnt enjoy boating. Period.

I agree, if someone doesn't like boating there's something wrong with them! :03:

Back the Chris' question though.... Sometimes I get frustrated with all the "boat talk" when I'm with some of my fellow performance boaters... My wife calls it; "biddle le boat boat" and when it starts she'd rather be home watching TV and it gets on my nerves as well.. When I'm out boating I don't really want to talk about props, engines, gear ratio's, rpms, boost, cams etc.... I'm just there to have good ole fashion fun!!!! Let's talk about how fun the ride was, I don't care so much about technical jargon when I'm out having fun! The gearhead in me goes on strike and all I want to do is relax, enjoy the scenes, crack jokes and just be out with my friends!!!:USA:

baronmarine
11-19-2009, 04:21 PM
my wife has been around offshore boats for 22 years now. wave jumping, races and poker runs. and some times she does not get it. we will be at the cottage with her non boating friends or family. and she is always trying to talk me into bringing them out when the waves are big. man does that always lead into a fight. i just pour a couple of stiff drinks down and tell her maybe next when i not drinking. lol.

todd

PARADOX
11-19-2009, 04:33 PM
Not getting it.
When I hear.. "you spend more time in the bilge then with me" ?? or "you are always doing somethig with the boat and there is no time for ME"..... "when will you get out of that stupid thing and have some 'time together' ?.... You pay more attention to that damn thing than, ME"... "Quit looking at those,.. running around like a little kid in a toy store (other boats),, and stay with me"..
I'm sure some of you can relate.. and that's why boats called a "she" or "her". :)

(Gonna get it now)..

Dude! Sweet!
11-19-2009, 04:42 PM
I'm fortunate that my "non-boating friends" are generally referred to as my "car-racing friends"... Funny thing, they seem to "get it".

Chris
11-19-2009, 04:49 PM
The test...

2Dk5ihhAw64

Put this on. If they talk through it, they're not. If they start touching themselves...

...say "Craig- stop that"

PatriYacht
11-19-2009, 04:49 PM
We live on a small lake so most of my neighbors are water lovers. However, most of them are afraid to come out on the big boat now. I can't understand why.

MarylandMark
11-19-2009, 04:55 PM
Then there's the other way around....

When you're with a few boating buddies, and totally ignore the rest of the group all night, talking about the same chit we talked about last time.:sifone:

+1!

I warn them we are going to go fast, and to think of it as a sport, you have to look forward, read the waves, and bend at the knees...

I wanna ride- that's how I like to run! :sifone:

I'm still thinking I might be a little screwy.

I 2nd that one :willy_nilly:

How many times have y'all been asked if you fish off that thing?

I've never heard that one... :confused:

DollaBill
11-19-2009, 05:01 PM
The test...

2Dk5ihhAw64

Put this on. If they talk through it, they're not. If they start touching themselves...

agreed Chris. That and Wild Boys are my boys (7 and 13) favorites. Hell if that doesn't turn you on you better go get another tennis racket

TMS1155
11-19-2009, 05:03 PM
Not getting it.
When I hear.. "you spend more time in the bilge then with me" ?? or "you are always doing somethig with the boat and there is no time for ME"..... "when will you get out of that stupid thing and have some 'time together' ?.... You pay more attention to that damn thing than, ME"... "Quit looking at those,.. running around like a little kid in a toy store (other boats),, and stay with me"..
I'm sure some of you can relate.. and that's why boats called a "she" or "her". :)

(Gonna get it now)..

And the problem is??????????????????:confused::confused:

PARADOX
11-19-2009, 05:09 PM
I got it .. no prob. here. :sifone:

PARADOX
11-19-2009, 05:10 PM
[QUOTE=Chris;368996]The test...

2Dk5ihhAw64

I got a woody.. Who else?:willy_nilly: :willy_nilly:

GENERAL LEE
11-19-2009, 05:26 PM
The test...

2Dk5ihhAw64

*sigh* my beloved Banner Boat. :drool5:

Buoy
11-19-2009, 08:41 PM
No doubt about it. We're a special breed. Very few people can relate to the family we have. And forget telling them about SOS...they'll never get it. I've tried.

"Oh, a boat club?...boat club website?...gee, that's nice"

Know what I mean?

Damn, and when you tell somebody about a boat website you're involved with, and you're all geeked about it, or tell a funny story that you picked up here, and although you found it hilarious, they stare at you and don't understand...

Yeah, I always get the skiing/fishing question...
I just say no, and don't try to explain it any further.

I think Chris just said what we've all been thinking.
I had come to grips with the non-boating "civilians" about 10 years ago.

DAREDEVIL
11-19-2009, 08:50 PM
Not getting it.

(Gonna get it now)..

If she don't like it ,,,,she can move out !!!!!!!!!:USA:

Beak Boater
11-19-2009, 08:51 PM
Special breed indeed, who else will talk all night about the size of waves, or if you were running wide open when he passed you. Funny got boat friends and motorcycle friends. The boat guys get the motorcycle thing for the most part. The motorcycle friends....most of them just dont get it, how much fuel does it burn? why do you have to go so fast on the water, it cost how much????Thats when I just go find some boat friends to talk too.

RLJ676
11-19-2009, 09:01 PM
Every chick that's gonna come out's first question "can I tube behind it?"

My friend's like boating, but not performance boats really. They like to party on the water, I just like to get to that party fast! Luckily some of them have caught on and like the speed on the water (not that I'm too fast). Overall, basically none of my friends really get it.

Cash Bar
11-20-2009, 01:08 AM
I used to pick women based on how they looked naked. Now I pick them based on how they look naked on a sunpad. :sifone:

Cash Bar
11-20-2009, 01:10 AM
And good luck explaining that your last boat cost twice as much as your last house. So you sold the house and rented a small apt to get a better boat. :)

phragle
11-20-2009, 01:31 AM

Sure, why not.... bet they never ask again though..... :26::26:

Buoy
11-20-2009, 01:34 AM

Sure, why not.... bet they never ask again though..... :26::26:

Make sure they are wearing a 2-piece bikini before getting on the tube - because they won't be after the ride:26:

Buoy
11-20-2009, 02:37 AM
Back on track with this thread.
I was thinking about this more tonight, and I realize that over the past ten years, I've shed a lot of friends. I've moved several times, and I still keep in touch with a few.
But, it's hard to find friends other than I've met on the boat boards that have a similar passion in boats as I do. And also people that are as goofy, and have an off-the-wall sense of humor, or such a "love for life". Mostly just good hardworking people that want to share the joy.
My friends are spread out all over the country, and I only get a chance to see them a few times a year, some I've yet to meet in person. Every time I've met one of you for the first time, I was never let down - I knew what to expect.
I work with people that can have a half hr. conversation about a football game, and I don't even know who was playing. Don't care.
But, if someone mentions (insert any brand boat), I can participate in the conversation.

Ratickle
11-20-2009, 07:15 AM
Someone said to me recently, "when are you and your husband going to give up all that boat racing stuff and START HAVING SOME FUN?"

My brain went into overdrive but luckily my mouth slammed shut........

I'd nominate that one for quote of the month......:sifone:

fund razor
11-20-2009, 07:27 AM
And good luck explaining that your last boat cost twice as much as your last house. So you sold the house and rented a small apt to get a better boat. :)

I stopped explaining the finances of offshore boating right away. No good comes of it. Instead I'll say: "It's sort of a committment." Or, it's my main hobby.
The funny thing is... sometimes the boat itself will explain it. My Dad couldn't wrap his head around the concept during a breakfast conversation one day. He was saying things like "HOW MUCH ARE THE ENGINES!? That's more than your entire last boat."
So I brought him home and took the cover off. Then he got it. By the time he left he was saying "yeah, but an Apache will have a bigger resale audience, and you are doing a great resto job." and "It has so many great angles... have you seen it from this angle?" :D Another week later... he came over and helped me get my hatch up (hydraulic lift was out).

Ms PatriYacht
11-20-2009, 10:39 AM
being a woman makes this even worse, most of our guy friends don't understand the time, money and energy we put into this, let alone my girlfriends. Thankfuly SOS and LEOPA help fill the void. Not many women post or read the offshore websites but it helped me become more involved and understanding of Ian's passion, now I guess you could say it's my passion as well:USA:

Trim'd Up
11-20-2009, 10:44 AM

PRICELESS!:sifone:

Ms PatriYacht
11-20-2009, 10:48 AM
[QUOTE=CigDaze;368810]No doubt about it. We're a special breed. Very few people can relate to the family we have. And forget telling them about SOS...they'll never get it. I've tried.
QUOTE]

So very true, I think a lot of my friends laugh about the fact that I seem to know and care about people from a web site or a hobby. But I know most of the members here feel as I do because this is the first place they and even lurkers will post about something tragic that happens in their life.

Wrinkleface
11-20-2009, 10:57 AM
I tell people our style of boat'n is a nasty addiction!! & way more expensive than drugs & hookers!!!!:26:

Geronimo36
11-20-2009, 10:58 AM

My friend's like boating, but not performance boats really. They like to party on the water, I just like to get to that party fast! Luckily some of them have caught on and like the speed on the water (not that I'm too fast). Overall, basically none of my friends really get it.

True man, very true! It's far and few between...

Over the summer I took two "civilians" on a trip to NY. On the way out it was pretty calm, no big deal... We have lunch, everyone having a great time... I peer out towards the ocean and see the flag is now standing at attention so I suggest we start heading back.

On the way back the wind kicked up considerably and we had a steady 20-25 mph headwind... Not too rough but a LOT of wind in your face at 60 mph (60mph + 20mph) for the 30 minute run...

So on the way back the civilian boyfriend loves it...he wont stop talking about it and keeps taking pictures on his cell phone and texting as we were moving along.... Civilian girlfriend is holding her hair (girls must wear hats, scrunchies, durags what ever and be prepared for knots in your hair.)

She's saying; "Oh my god, ooohhh my god, oh my god, this is crazy!" With that the boatpix copter comes up from behind...so what else is there to do???? Yup, push the throttles forward!:driving:

Long story short she never came on the boat again, meanwhile her BF kept asking for rides and said he wanted to buy one...

For me it was one of the best runs of the summer and have some pictures to remember it by!:driving:

RHC
11-20-2009, 10:58 AM
15 years ago I had some shirts made up that said " if you have never been there you would not understand " got lots of questions , and of course the answer was " you won't understand"

RHC

Tony
11-20-2009, 11:07 AM
Its sort of ackward when Donzi and I go out to dinner with our civilian friends. The question always comes up, hows the boat running? I used to launch into every last detail and loose them instantly. Now I usually respond with "it runs fine" and they seem content with that. My best friend has been on the boat with me a dozzen or so times, and is always there when I need help with it. He has heard every last bit of my boat babble over the years and has zero interest in any of it. Last week I showed him a few you tube vids of Miss. Gieco blasting through a pack of super cats, the first thing out of his mouth was "HOLY FUKIN ****"!

ChiefApache
11-20-2009, 11:08 AM
being a woman makes this even worse, most of our guy friends don't understand the time, money and energy we put into this, let alone my girlfriends. Thankfuly SOS and LEOPA help fill the void. Not many women post or read the offshore websites but it helped me become more involved and understanding of Ian's passion, now I guess you could say it's my passion as well:USA:

Donna, totally agree!

When I met Rob for the first time 7 years ago the boat was already sitting on the side of the house. I helped him shrinkwrap the boat for the winter. I never boated so I knew nothing about boating.

That same winter we gutted and rebuilt the inside of the Stinger. His passion for boating was like a passion I had never seen in anyone before.

Today, it's both of our passions.

I divide our friends up by "boat friends" and "land friends". My land friends don't get it and honestly, they get upset with us when we don't attend summer picnics, go away for a weekend with them, etc. While still friends, not nearly as close with them as when I was 7 years ago when I met Rob. However, the amount of friends and the absolute great friendships I've made as a boater is something I would never trade for anything.

It is totally priceless.

Tony
11-20-2009, 11:11 AM
Come to think of it, our wedding attendance was slplit into two very distinct groups, civilians and boaters.

ChiefApache
11-20-2009, 11:12 AM
During Friday races at KW, we met 4 guys on vacation from Maine. They told us they generally stop in at KW after attending the NASCAR race in Homestead/Miami, however this year due to scheduling they came down a week early and decided to spend their entire trip in KW. They knew nothing about the boat races before they got there.

We ran into these guys several times over the weekend and they reserved a spot on the pier at Ocean Key for next year, and they said they will never attend the NASCAR race again because the boat races was far more exciting, plus they had met some of the nicest people in KW.

Thought that was a pretty cool story.

cigdaze
11-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Come to think of it, our wedding attendance was slplit into two very distinct groups, civilians and boaters.

That's a true sign of a boater wedding.
Boater on this side, civilians on that side.

;)

JupiterSunsation
11-20-2009, 11:19 AM
OK. I feel better. I was even thinking about not hitting the post button after I wrote that. I was starting to think I was getting just a little too deep into this.

"Civilians". I'm still thinking I might be a little screwy.

Sometimes the "civilians" are great to talk to about their buddy's 200 mph outboard cat or that knucklehead ex-racer guy in Islamorada that had 3 47 Apaches but didn't bring one with him this weekend......:lurk5:

JupiterSunsation
11-20-2009, 11:26 AM

You can troll for "pink snapper" though......

I heard it best from an owner of a 60+ sportfish in Green Turtle last summer....older guy drinking a bloody mary at 9am standing on the dock, he asked where are all the loose women? He said that is the only thing those boats are good for....

I commented he was about to go fishing with a cabin full of grandkids and I noticed he was drinking already.....he said "you got an extra seat for an old guy?" :D

The capt. was less than thrilled about fishing with the kids too, he had the boat ready to go at 7am only to wait 2 hours for the owner and his guests to arrive for what was going to be a 2 hour fishing trip....

txriverrat2001
11-20-2009, 11:26 AM
My new license- Think they'll get it???

Knot 4 Me
11-20-2009, 11:32 AM
Had a "civilian" once tell me he just bought his first boat. A 28 Skater with twin egg beaters. Kept it slipped up in Chicago on Lake Michaigan. Was hitting 120 MPH in it no problem with room to spare. Same guy got a ride on a busy weekend at LOTO in my buddy's boat and this dude was pi$$ing himself at 75 MPH. "Tell me again about these 120 MPH passes on Lake Michigan..."

Blue Oval
11-20-2009, 11:43 AM
I tell people our style of boat'n is a nasty addiction!! & way more expensive than drugs & hookers!!!!:26:

Yes, but we are legal, give a few dead boats some tows for the water cops and give them a burger once in awhile. Much cheaper then giving up your profits to a crooked cop for running a drug ring!

GENERAL LEE
11-20-2009, 11:49 AM
Yeah, I always get the skiing/fishing question...
I just say no, and don't try to explain it any further.

Haha, SOOO true.

I use the same kind of answer as well. Occassionally I'll get some new guy, that bought his first boat EVER at the Spring boat show, ask why I would ever want a boat like mine.

I had one ******* last year try to impress his girlfriend by attempting to belittle my boat in front of her:

"So you paid all that money for a boat you can't sleep on, shower, watch TV, no bathroom at all.......sounds like you missed the point if you ask me?"

"Well, since I didn't ask you, my lake house where I keep the boat, has 3 of everything you mentioned, a pool, and I don't have to have the chit pumped out of it every other weekend like you do?"

I was hoping he didn't feel quite as cool afterward.:D

redhotsommer
11-20-2009, 11:52 AM
My main groups of friends are boaters and mountain bikers...both are great...neither understands the other...the mountain bikers drink better beer, the boaters drink more of it!

Wrinkleface
11-20-2009, 12:19 PM
.the mountain bikers drink better beer, the boaters drink more of it!

Good 1 Mikey!:seeya:

glh
11-20-2009, 12:42 PM
You should see the people at the Country Club when we talk speedboats...

http://movies.infinitecoolness.com/23/caddyshack09b.jpg

glassdave
11-20-2009, 12:43 PM
That's a true sign of a boater wedding.
Boater on this side, civilians on that side.

;)

i think the boat on the wedding cake was a pretty good give away to. :D

Interesting thread, i have been on the water pretty much all of my life. Most of my friends are boaters to but I do have a few non boating friends. When anyone brings up an event thats going on locally my first question is "do they have docks?. . . . . If not, i probably wont be there" :D

My family is quite use to my excuses why i cant attend this or that. Luckily by the time they call to see if i'm going to come over for a birthday or something I'm already out to the islands. Heck they had to postpone my birthday for three weeks till there was a rainy day :D

MikeyFIN
11-20-2009, 12:49 PM
I got Divorced because Im allabout boats in the house so a girl that likes same things I do probably would be a hit.

Thenagain of my friends a lot like boats despite not having any thenagain I can also talk about other stuff like bikes cars women sports etc...
The guys I usually hang out with are my Boxing and other fightsport friends while out so it kinda gets sometimes rowdy when an uninvited shows up...

I donīt get stuck up with boats only...

BobbyB
11-20-2009, 12:54 PM
Haha, SOOO true.

I use the same kind of answer as well. Occassionally I'll get some new guy, that bought his first boat EVER at the Spring boat show, ask why I would ever want a boat like mine.

I had one ******* last year try to impress his girlfriend by attempting to belittle my boat in front of her:

"So you paid all that money for a boat you can't sleep on, shower, watch TV, no bathroom at all.......sounds like you missed the point if you ask me?"

"Well, since I didn't ask you, my lake house where I keep the boat, has 3 of everything you mentioned, a pool, and I don't have to have the chit pumped out of it every other weekend like you do?"

I was hoping he didn't feel quite as cool afterward.:D

Thats a good one. What a toolbag

Audiofn
11-20-2009, 12:58 PM
Poor Stec no one wants to talk to him..... He is a Civilian.... :D

Audiofn
11-20-2009, 01:01 PM

I was the best man at a wedding at at the end of the wedding we all piled into my boat and took off. Even the blow boaters were giving us the thumbs up.

phragle
11-20-2009, 01:19 PM
my friends and family all boat.. I do have a couple of aquanitances that are civilians, but I doubt they will ever really achieve friend status...

PARADOX
11-20-2009, 01:22 PM
I live for the four "B" s.

Boats, Bikes, Babes and Beer. In that order. None of the "B" 's get one and the other. And I have to "get" all of them. I'm glad that "I got it" . I got the "Boat" thing.. The "Babe" thing still alludes me.. The "beer" thing.. I have to give up.
But.. not just yet. :)

LadyDaze
11-20-2009, 01:43 PM
Donna, totally agree!

When I met Rob for the first time 7 years ago the boat was already sitting on the side of the house. I helped him shrinkwrap the boat for the winter. I never boated so I knew nothing about boating.

That same winter we gutted and rebuilt the inside of the Stinger. His passion for boating was like a passion I had never seen in anyone before.

Today, it's both of our passions.

I divide our friends up by "boat friends" and "land friends". My land friends don't get it and honestly, they get upset with us when we don't attend summer picnics, go away for a weekend with them, etc. While still friends, not nearly as close with them as when I was 7 years ago when I met Rob. However, the amount of friends and the absolute great friendships I've made as a boater is something I would never trade for anything.

It is totally priceless.

I'm with both of you Barb and Donna!
Nick and I have had a few boats and have worked on them together (for the most part). When we got the Cig a few years ago, we started to work on it; together. When he started on one engine, I jumped right into the bilge and started on the other and learned by watching...a few days of hard work, sweat and oh....beers.... we were well underway.

Most of our work was done on a rack in our marina near our local watering hole (shocker) Some civilian patrons would come up and tap on the hull to ask questions etc....and my head would pop up...they were stunned ! and most didn't know what to say. I had a blast and learned lots; but not everything, yet....

We also get the weird questions like, can we fish on that thing, tube or ski behind it, and I usually glance back to gauge if they are kidding or not. We have had my brother on the boat as well and scared the chit out of him...I was like 'dude' we're not even doing 50...in his defense, he had a bad experience as a kid; poor guy

Most civilians don't understand the boat thing, I will echo everyone's comments :)

endeavor1
11-20-2009, 02:12 PM
My wife calls it Boatbook. I guess its true. She has facebook to keep up with the people she wants to, and I have BoatBook to follow the community I enjoy.

Others cannot understand what I am doing when I see a familiar boat, wave them down and talk to a "stranger" about their boat.

LMAO, now Jess says that to me also.... Thanks HAWK

redhotsommer
11-20-2009, 02:15 PM
I was the best man at a wedding at at the end of the wedding we all piled into my boat and took off.

When one of our bad influence crew got married a couple years ago...he and his new bride walked out of the church to see that Obnoxus had towed his (the groom's) Scarab to the church and we had decorated it with balloons and a "Just Married" sign. Towed that sucker to the reception as well!

Perlmudder
11-20-2009, 02:15 PM
I live for the four "B" s.

Boats, Bikes, Babes and Beer. In that order. None of the "B" 's get one and the other. And I have to "get" all of them. I'm glad that "I got it" . I got the "Boat" thing.. The "Babe" thing still alludes me.. The "beer" thing.. I have to give up.
But.. not just yet. :)

mine are the same!
Boats
Beach
Booze
Broads
:)

Wrinkleface
11-20-2009, 02:51 PM
I got Divorced because Im allabout boats in the house so a girl that likes same things I do probably would be a hit.

Thenagain of my friends a lot like boats despite not having any thenagain I can also talk about other stuff like bikes cars women sports etc...
The guys I usually hang out with are my Boxing and other fightsport friends while out so it kinda gets sometimes rowdy when an uninvited shows up...

I donīt get stuck up with boats only...

After both of my divorces, when I would go out w/ a new chickie, first thing I ask after boob size was do u like boating!!!

runninhotracing
11-20-2009, 03:02 PM
After both of my divorces, when I would go out w/ a new chickie, first 2 things I ask after boob size was do u like boating & i hope you'r into 3 somes,4 somes,more somes LOL !!!

now thats great :sifone:

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:26:
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pat D
11-20-2009, 03:04 PM
My land friends don't get it and honestly, they get upset with us when we don't attend summer picnics, go away for a weekend with them, etc.

Because of the SBI schedule I have had to get over people getting upset with me for missing those things.
I got an invitation to a very important event for some very close, long time "civilian" friends, for the 4th of July next year. I CANNOT tell them that is the Sarasota Suncoast Offshore Grand Prix race weekend.........one of our biggest races.
they will say......"the what?"

OH WELL.........

All boils down to priorities and choices I guess...

LEOPAJM
11-20-2009, 03:12 PM
When one of our bad influence crew got married a couple years ago...he and his new bride walked out of the church to see that Obnoxus had towed his (the groom's) Scarab to the church and we had decorated it with balloons and a "Just Married" sign. Towed that sucker to the reception as well!

Thats cool right there ! :sifone:

LEOPAJM
11-20-2009, 03:16 PM
You should see the people at the Country Club when we talk speedboats...

http://movies.infinitecoolness.com/23/caddyshack09b.jpg

Hey ..... whats this ..... Dance of the Living Dead ???

HA !:biggrinjester:

ChiefApache
11-20-2009, 03:17 PM
I jumped right into the bilge and started on the other and learned by watching...a few days of hard work, sweat and oh....beers.... we had sex and were well underway.

There sweetie, I fixed that for you. :kiss:

And totally agree with your post 100%.

ChiefApache
11-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Because of the SBI schedule I have had to get over people getting upset with me for missing those things.
I got an invitation to a very important event for some very close, long time "civilian" friends, for the 4th of July next year. I CANNOT tell them that is the Sarasota Suncoast Offshore Grand Prix race weekend.........one of our biggest races.
they will say......"the what?"

OH WELL.........

All boils down to priorities and choices I guess...

Bingo!

yesrej
11-20-2009, 03:37 PM

thats what im doing for my wedding!!

PARADOX
11-20-2009, 03:42 PM
mine are the same!
Boats
Beach
Booze
Broads
:)

Long ago... it was "B" for Broads.. With age..I have to be a bit more diplomatic and politically correct.. so now it's just "Babes". :drool5:

yesrej
11-20-2009, 03:46 PM
my parents are huge boaters. every weekend they are on there boat so they understand boating. they also understand the performance thing. my father check SO more then i do.

MikeyFIN
11-20-2009, 04:56 PM
After both of my divorces, when I would go out w/ a new chickie, first thing I ask after boob size was do u like boating!!!

The next one Iīll ask if she has time for boating and us being together...doing that and a lot more.

With a horsebrain itīs an impossible mix despite hitting it off perfect otherwise... 50+ hrs at the stables/week and own work on top of that...there was nothing in it for me.
I just blew 10 million euros and 18yrs of my life out of the window because I wasnīt feeling good.
Everybody told Iīm crazy I told yes thats me alright but I wasnīt happy with no boating etc so just had to let it go.

RLJ676
11-20-2009, 07:43 PM
Make sure they are wearing a 2-piece bikini before getting on the tube - because they won't be after the ride:26:

They better be wearing a bikini (at most) before even getting on the boat.....:sifone: No clothes or 1 piece action please.

PARADOX
11-20-2009, 08:13 PM
I have a rule on my boat. For dudets... >> If you don't look good in a bikini, you'r not comng on.
For dudes.. >> you better have a 12 pack, or you'l be swimming home.

Blue Oval
11-20-2009, 10:21 PM
I have a rule on my boat. For dudets... >> If you don't look good in a bikini, you'r not comng on.
For dudes.. >> you better have a 12 pack, or you'l be swimming home.

Ok, I'll be in Bradenton for a week at Christmas, I'll double the beer if you only drink half while I'am on the boat!

Chris
11-20-2009, 10:44 PM

Why backwards?

Cash Bar
11-21-2009, 12:58 AM

Friday night at midnight and that is the hardest I laughed all week. Miss ya down here BLee. :rofl:

Cash Bar
11-21-2009, 01:02 AM
My ex-GF used to have the biggest event in her life, The Westminster Dog Show(she owned and showed dogs there), around MIA show time every year.

After about 3 years she asked if I was ever gonna come support her and I told her firmly that I would as soon as they rescheduled the Dog Show.

glh
11-21-2009, 04:02 AM
...Even the blow boaters were giving us the thumbs up.Actually they were checking the wind to see how many weeks it would take them to catch up to you 12 miles up river....

Airpacker
11-21-2009, 08:55 AM

We chartered a 105 foot 100 yr old steamship for our wedding. The bride and her attendants showed up at the dock in a limo. Me and my party showed up in my PowerPlay :)

Chris
11-21-2009, 11:07 AM
My ex-GF used to have the biggest event in her life, The Westminster Dog Show(she owned and showed dogs there), around MIA show time every year.

Hey. It could have been worse. She could have been into cats.

Tommy Gun
11-21-2009, 11:19 AM
I spent most of my money on boats, booze and broads (in that order)...the rest I just wasted.

Now, how can we spread the "get it" and better promote this sport????????

MikeyFIN
11-21-2009, 11:50 AM
Hey. It could have been worse. She could have been into cats.

Or Racehorses.... Itīs not just the money but if your competing it takes 50+hrs a WEEK...

MikeyFIN
11-21-2009, 11:54 AM

Why do you have to ask for boob sizes...donīt you see for yourself ?

I mean when I go out if the chick meets the Eye I start asking these questions afterwards if they fit fine if not Iīm Done unless itīs an exceptionally good wildcat...

Wrinkleface
11-21-2009, 01:24 PM
Why backwards?

Actually U R right! Just thought I would spice it up a little!! Obviously I could size up the :_boobies:w/ my keen eye sight!!! 1st ?, do U like boating & secondly, FK'n on a boat!!!!!:biggrinjester:

Wrinkleface
11-21-2009, 01:25 PM
Why do you have to ask for boob sizes...donīt you see for yourself ?

I mean when I go out if the chick meets the Eye I start asking these questions afterwards if they fit fine if not Iīm Done unless itīs an exceptionally good wildcat...

c post below this 1 I am quoting!!!!:26:

Chris
11-21-2009, 02:26 PM
I spent most of my money on boats, booze and broads (in that order)...the rest I just wasted.

Now, how can we spread the "get it" and better promote this sport????????

I don't think you can. I read an article years back and it talked about the "water gene". Some people have it, some don't. Me- I can't stand the thought of a fast boat full of gas, tied to a dock.

masher44
11-21-2009, 02:52 PM
Why are you buying another boat after you lost $$$$$ when you sold your last one?????? Are you stupid?

Yes

PARADOX
11-21-2009, 04:50 PM
Not getting it.
My bikers buddies spend $5000- $10000 on a paing job for a bike.
We drop $5000 for a set of Herrings just to try it for about 1/2 hour, and not happy with the results. We "collect" props. My biker budds don't get it.

I don't get it.. What's not to get?
I spend more time in my bilge than in my bedroom. I go to Anclote Island at NPR, , anchor down,, then I get ansie..I got to run this bltch and make some noise.
All the "civillian" boaters, run up to the island.. stay all day.... take a 10 minutes hop back to the docks... and I went to Tampa, Clearwater, Sarasota, used about 150 Gal of fuel... smiled all day, and lost 15,000 strand of hair in the wind.

What's not to "get"?
I DO "get" it.. we are frakking nuts. :)

Chris
11-21-2009, 05:00 PM
The guys that I don't get are the yacht club crowd. I swear some of them never untie their boats. A guy could spend alot less by drinking in a bar. But the funny outfits sort of stick out.

MikeyFIN
11-21-2009, 05:06 PM
our yacht clubs restaurants goes only bankrupt because people just go boating...

Here the Yacht Club crowd is those that work on their boats themselves and regularly hang around their boats.

Geronimo36
11-21-2009, 06:19 PM
our yacht clubs restaurants goes only bankrupt because people just go boating...

That stinks! :(

Our marina has a restaurant in the marina with live entertainment almost every night till 11 pm. When we pull in after a long day of boating it's nice to wash the boat down and listen to the live entertainment then stumble over to the outside bar and have a few coctails or dinner before heading home.....OR the wife heads home and I stay behind!!:26:

Geronimo36
11-21-2009, 06:23 PM
The guys that I don't get are the yacht club crowd. I swear some of them never untie their boats. A guy could spend alot less by drinking in a bar. But the funny outfits sort of stick out.

I hear ya Chris, I don't get it! @ $135 ft why......

They usually buy gas once a season and most of the time they take the boat out so they can pump the crapper out and fill up with water...:ack2:

MikeyFIN
11-21-2009, 06:36 PM
That stinks! :(

Our marina has a restaurant in the marina with live entertainment almost every night till 11 pm. When we pull in after a long day of boating it's nice to wash the boat down and listen to the live entertainment then stumble over to the outside bar and have a few coctails or dinner before heading home.....OR the wife heads home and I stay behind!!:26:

Well most Yacht clubs are so far out of town that nobody goes there just for a drink or hang out usually they serve to bridal ceremonies over the weekends but it doesnīt cut it.
Back in the day I considered two (my own) and another yacht club restaurant to run but when I saw the sheets I said noway..I just go downtown.
We just got too much competition downtown for them to survive if they had entertainment.
I mean my town has 3x the seats in restaurants than inhabitants and 150+ more joints (all combined) where thereīs alcohol served than bustops...
So the competition is tough.

Also our Malls are a Lot bigger than any Iīve seen in US.... So Iīm just waiting for them to go belly up...

LaughingCat
11-21-2009, 08:57 PM
Not getting it.
When I hear.. "you spend more time in the bilge then with me" ??

Simple. . . I'd tell my wife to lay down in the bilge. Or go fetch me a beer. or better yet, go fetch me a beer and then lay down in the bilge.

LaughingCat
11-21-2009, 08:59 PM
The test...

2Dk5ihhAw64

I just passed the test. That's always been a mesmerizing video.

But my 3 year old son came up near the end and I asked him if he liked the video. He said, "no, can you put Dragon Tales on."

He's up for adoption.

LaughingCat
11-21-2009, 09:01 PM
Damn, and when you tell somebody about a boat website you're involved with, and you're all geeked about it, or tell a funny story that you picked up here, and although you found it hilarious, they stare at you and don't understand...

I hate that. You want them to be as amused as you were, but all the preparation it takes to get them up to speed ruins it.

LaughingCat
11-21-2009, 09:30 PM
Several friends asked us to join the Tampa Yacht Club. Initiation fee is like $20k plus high monthly dues and minimums. And most of the members are geriatrics. Plus, there's no boat faster than the SS Minnow.

I'd rather be haulin' trash across Tampa Bay or the gulf, than blowing around never leaving view of the club.

LaughingCat
11-21-2009, 09:31 PM
When I told some friends about going tot eh Key West World's last week, they were impressed that I went to Key West. Had no care about the races. ticked.

Chris
11-21-2009, 11:15 PM
He's up for adoption.

Harsh. Appropriate, but harsh.

I put the whole video on the big screen for my home-from-college 20 year old son and his buddies. They couldn't have been more disinterested. I called them all faags and threw them out of my house.

LaughingCat
11-21-2009, 11:18 PM
Some things just don't pass down with the genes.

MacGyver
11-22-2009, 03:04 AM

I put the whole video on the big screen for my home-from-college 20 year old son and his buddies. They couldn't have been more disinterested. I called them all faags and threw them out of my house.

Should have thrown them on the boat and gone for a crazy fast ride :26:

Airpacker
11-22-2009, 09:39 AM

Chris, don't let him back in until he wet sands your entire Apache by hand :)

Airpacker
11-22-2009, 09:42 AM
Simple. . . I'd tell my wife to lay down in the bilge. Or go fetch me a beer. or better yet, go fetch me a beer and then lay down in the bilge.

Nothin wrong with a little hot and sweaty bilge action now is there :)

Chris
11-22-2009, 09:46 AM
My son has been there. It's neither scary nor exhilarating for him.

You got it or you don't.

Chris
11-22-2009, 09:50 AM
and if this doesn't do it for you...

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e123/CTS1489/Warpath20in20Flight-1.jpg

Offshoredrillin
11-22-2009, 09:56 AM
Chris, don't let him back in until he wet sands your entire Apache by hand :)
I don't think he has that project anymore... do ya?

Chris
11-22-2009, 10:03 AM
It's somewhere around here.

Chris
11-22-2009, 11:18 AM
The Hammer of the Gods

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e123/CTS1489/1.jpg

MacGyver
11-22-2009, 11:18 AM
My son has been there. It's neither scary nor exhilarating for him.

You got it or you don't.

It was like that between me and my dad with fishing. He loved fishing. Me, not so much.

Guess I don't have the fishing gene.

cigdaze
11-22-2009, 11:22 AM
Several friends asked us to join the Tampa Yacht Club. Initiation fee is like $20k plus high monthly dues and minimums. And most of the members are geriatrics. Plus, there's no boat faster than the SS Minnow.

I'd rather be haulin' trash across Tampa Bay or the gulf, than blowing around never leaving view of the club.

Insane. But perfectly logical for those who like to buy some boating buddies.
;)

sledge
11-22-2009, 12:02 PM
It's somewhere around here.

I was just thinking about whether to bug you about your projects. Specifically about a particular 24 footer and what (if anything) has become of it...

DollaBill
11-22-2009, 12:06 PM

Don't take this the wrong way. I mean no disrespect Chris, but...

Does he, umm, like girls?

Chris
11-22-2009, 12:19 PM
He's completely different than me. 20 years old and half my size. Kind of a nerd- interested in all sorts of intellectual stuff. And pulls tail that's astonishing. His present one makes me dizzy. She lived here last summer. Tough summer.

Chris
11-22-2009, 12:20 PM
I was just thinking about whether to bug you about your projects. Specifically about a particular 24 footer and what (if anything) has become of it...

24 is sitting. been thinking about doing a mini-raceboat. Full stagger small blocks with tractor pipes. 3 man bolster. Race fairing.

DollaBill
11-22-2009, 12:32 PM
He's completely different than me. 20 years old and half my size. Kind of a nerd- interested in all sorts of intellectual stuff. And pulls tail that's astonishing. His present one makes me dizzy. She lived here last summer. Tough summer.

LOL! Yup, and she was prob running around in Bikinis. Damn kids

Chris
11-22-2009, 12:33 PM
Her favorite outfit was a white see-thru skirt about 8" high. And a thong.

DollaBill
11-22-2009, 12:54 PM
:sifone:I'm gona just stfu now. I..... yup best thing to do is shut up

Chris
11-22-2009, 01:02 PM
As I've shared before, his younger sister was the captain of her high school dance team. I tried to stay away all last summer.

Impure thoughts. Impure thoughts.

DollaBill
11-22-2009, 01:06 PM
Not being a perv etc but...

My god I took my son to a thing at the high school last week. Holy christ girls did NOT look like that when we were growing up. I mean the 16 and 17 yo's look like they are 21-25

jayboat
11-22-2009, 01:15 PM
We all get older. They stay the same age.

BobbyB
11-22-2009, 01:23 PM
Her favorite outfit was a white see-thru skirt about 8" high. And a thong.

Post Pics.

DollaBill
11-22-2009, 01:24 PM
We all get older. They stay the same age.

bingo

phragle
11-22-2009, 01:48 PM
How the hell do you think I feel in nursing school... Im 46, they are 20~22... I'm the resident dirty old man..

Oh, and Chris, you can adopt me...I promise to drink beer and watch apache videos with 'dad', i will even wash the boats etc.. by the way...can I borrow the keys??

DAREDEVIL
11-22-2009, 01:53 PM
How the hell do you think I feel in nursing school... Im 46, they are 20~22... I'm the resident dirty old man..

Oh, and Chris, you can adopt me...I promise to drink beer and watch apache videos with 'dad', i will even wash the boats etc.. by the way...can I borrow the keys??

Who wants to adopt a 46 year old perv ostrich ???????? :confused: :rofl::rofl:

BRD
11-22-2009, 02:26 PM
What 24 you got bud ?

Chris
11-22-2009, 02:33 PM
3rd one built. Originally twin straight sixes.

Perlmudder
11-22-2009, 02:36 PM
Not being a perv etc but...

My god I took my son to a thing at the high school last week. Holy christ girls did NOT look like that when we were growing up. I mean the 16 and 17 yo's look like they are 21-25

MAN! went to this pre drink last night for a my freinds roomate friend birthday. We walk in to their apartment and it was right back to highschool. I was amazed how much larger we physically were then these second year people. I was talking to the birthday girl and shes like "its my birthday!!" she didnt like when i asked her if it was her 18th... :sifone:

DAREDEVIL
11-22-2009, 02:39 PM
:rofl:Can somebody explain ,,how we got from " CIVILIANS " , to jung chicks ??????????? :confused: :biggrinjester::sifone:

phragle
11-22-2009, 02:40 PM
we are dirty old men...thoughts naturally wander there...

Perlmudder
11-22-2009, 02:45 PM
this is unfortunately the most offshore I've ever been. but if someone wants to take me for a ride i would be more then happy to go!!:)

DollaBill
11-22-2009, 02:49 PM
:rofl:Can somebody explain ,,how we got from " CIVILIANS " , to jung chicks ??????????? :confused: :biggrinjester::sifone:

seems like every other conversation in life LOL

"hey did you guys see what happening to the price of gold on CNBC today?"

"Yeah, I can't believe it's going so high. Becky Quick was reporting"

"I like watching her in the morning. She does a great job"

"She's got a great rack, huh?"

"Yup and bet she phuks like a porn star...bad girl hahahahahaahahaha!"

thats usually the process ;)

phragle
11-22-2009, 03:04 PM
this is unfortunately the most offshore I've ever been. but if someone wants to take me for a ride i would be more then happy to go!!:)

That whales tail needs some sun....

BRD
11-22-2009, 03:08 PM
3rd one built. Originally twin straight sixes.

cig ?

Airpacker
11-22-2009, 04:02 PM
seems like every other conversation in life LOL

"hey did you guys see what happening to the price of gold on CNBC today?"

"Yeah, I can't believe it's going so high. Becky Quick was reporting"

"I like watching her in the morning. She does a great job"

"She's got a great rack, huh?"

"Yup and bet she phuks like a porn star...bad girl hahahahahaahahaha!"

thats usually the process ;)

Sounds like most of our "Serious" conversations last week :)

Chris
11-22-2009, 04:04 PM
Yeah. Becky Quick. Just discovered her. ;)

Chris
11-22-2009, 04:06 PM
cig ?

Yes, Cigarette.

Bought it from Charlie McCarthy. It's a '72

HIN 24720203

Perlmudder
11-22-2009, 04:56 PM
That whales tail needs some sun....

havent seen sun here since august.

GENERAL LEE
11-22-2009, 06:20 PM
I've yet to have anyone not "get it" after a good ride:

<object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=4870670&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;s how_portrait=0&amp;color=00ADEF&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=4870670&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;s how_portrait=0&amp;color=00ADEF&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></embed></object><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/4870670">Skater & MTI playing on Grand Lake</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user923971">GENERAL LEE</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

BobbyB
11-22-2009, 06:56 PM
Cool Video.

sellsman11
11-22-2009, 07:06 PM

Looks like fun to me!

DAREDEVIL
11-22-2009, 11:04 PM

">GENERAL LEE</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

NICE, WHO IS THE BLOND AND WHAT IS A VIMEO ??????:sifone:

Trim'd Up
11-22-2009, 11:22 PM
As I've shared before, his younger sister was the captain of her high school dance team. I tried to stay away all last summer.

Impure thoughts. Impure thoughts.

I understand where your coming from. My little sister is living with me while she's in college. There are always little 19-20 y/o sorority girls coming over to tan and chit. Halloween about killed me.:drool5:

jayboat
11-22-2009, 11:27 PM

Love the vid, B.
Memories of being in that very seat. :26:

It was a blast (although, I already 'got' it long before...). :)

Perlmudder
11-22-2009, 11:50 PM
I understand where your coming from. My little sister is living with me while she's in college. There are always little 19-20 y/o sorority girls coming over to tan and chit. Halloween about killed me.:drool5:

I never want to leave university... EVER! :drool5:

GENERAL LEE
11-23-2009, 10:00 AM
NICE, WHO IS THE BLOND AND WHAT IS A VIMEO ??????:sifone:

Haha, VIMEO is a similar site to YouTube, but they allow full HD vids and more file space.

The blonde is my lil mama, "Cash":

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/6323/boatzu.jpg (http://img8.imageshack.us/i/boatzu.jpg/)

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/2898/photo333s.jpg (http://img517.imageshack.us/i/photo333s.jpg/)

MarylandMark
11-23-2009, 10:44 AM
She lived here last summer. Tough summer.

Shower cam please...

I've yet to have anyone not "get it" after a good ride

That is driving the point home for sure!