PDA

View Full Version : Key West Apache Fest

Chris
11-16-2009, 10:46 AM
We were eating lunch after the Friday races at the Westin. Lots of boats buzzing thru the harbor. Then I hear this big noise. Not like a supercat noise, but more like an earthquake coming. I stand up to look over the railing and here comes Fire Water busting ass on his way in. My God, it took me back all those years to when those monsters would come roaring in to KW Harbor, balls-to-the-wall, a half-lap ahead of everyone else. Pretty soon there were 3 or 4 others going back and forth.

Someone, who shall remain nameless, watched that 47 come hammering in. He looks at me and says "Dude, I think I got wood". Yeah.

cashbrain
11-16-2009, 11:01 AM
:biggrinjester:
I remember Firewater at Fort Apache Marina starting up a long time ago. It was nothing short of earth moving...after they pulled out we just looked at each other and said"damn"
I still say that..all these years later and they are still the King of the Hill

Wrinkleface
11-16-2009, 11:04 AM
OH NO, Chris brought up the "A" word!!!! Here we go!!!:willy_nilly:

Geronimo36
11-16-2009, 11:05 AM
Cool!!!! Get any pics of the rest of the Apaches who were supposed to be there? Indian Outlaw, Tatonka, The Chief, Tonto and a few others last I read??????

Chris
11-16-2009, 11:17 AM
I barely saw the races Friday. Missed Wednesday and had to leave yesterday at 6AM. So I missed getting pics. Hopefully some others did. There were some 36's too.

Tom A.
11-16-2009, 11:22 AM
I helped Tatonka dock at the Westin and it is beautiful up close. It is for sale! The asking price was a bit hi though......

Smarty
11-16-2009, 11:23 AM
Firewater is a sharp/gorgeous boat.

cashbrain
11-16-2009, 11:45 AM
Cool!!!! Get any pics of the rest of the Apaches who were supposed to be there? Indian Outlaw, Tatonka, The Chief, Tonto and a few others last I read??????

I thought Robert had Tonto up for sale?

LEOPAJM
11-16-2009, 11:48 AM

Yep .... ran into Robert at breakfast friday . Boat looks great ! Him , not so much ! :biggrinjester:

It was good to see him ! :driving:

cashbrain
11-16-2009, 12:03 PM
I'm sure that he is taking a major beating in Real Estate like so many others.
He has a beautiful boat..too bad it's for sale.
Robert's boat and Magnum Marks are probably the two of the nicest Apache's I have seen

Geronimo36
11-16-2009, 12:15 PM
Yep .... ran into Robert at breakfast friday .

Nice! Did you bring Clifford down there?

thedonz
11-16-2009, 12:22 PM

yup it is.....

Mike

rockstrmkr
11-16-2009, 12:31 PM
Did Tribal Warrior roll ? Hope everyone is ok ...

Geronimo36
11-16-2009, 01:24 PM
oh no, not good...... :(

BRD
11-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Nice! Did you bring Clifford down there?

Hey man .... no Clifford's at the kennel for the winter .:(

Did 2 days in KW and 2 up in Islamorada . Had a blast doin the upper Keys tour ! :sifone:

J-Bonz
11-16-2009, 08:21 PM
Any pics??
Jr.

cigdaze
11-16-2009, 08:40 PM
Apaches were out in force this weekend. A few pics.

:)

cigdaze
11-16-2009, 08:40 PM
Couple more.

cashbrain
11-16-2009, 08:44 PM
That is the last 36 that Bobby built

CarBiz
11-16-2009, 08:46 PM

Blue Moon is everywhere:sifone:

Perlmudder
11-16-2009, 08:57 PM
I saw the boat in post 18 this morning at bahia cabana. it sounded real nice. I took a video while I was working, but I cannot figure how to transfer it to my computer. who owns it?

Geronimo36
11-16-2009, 09:25 PM
Did Tribal Warrior roll ? Hope everyone is ok ...

It didn't roll and the boat is just fine, glad to have a good end to a rumor.....:lurk5:

Geronimo36
11-16-2009, 09:27 PM
Couple more.

Nice, one of my favorite 36's! And from what I hear it hauls the mail!:driving:

baywatch
11-16-2009, 09:54 PM

So is it a 2004? What does it have in it for power/drives?

baronmarine
11-16-2009, 10:52 PM

810's ish and imco's. and it carriers the mail.

todd

Geronimo36
11-17-2009, 10:14 AM

Always thought that Blue Moon was a 2002 or so? Only reason I thought that is Bobby told a story of the owner putting in the order on Sept. 11th.

I thought the one below was of the last ones or there was an all white one which I think was an 04'. In 2004 Bobby sent me info on the one below because I was looking for a 36', wanted 175K at the time, lake X time only. I could be wrong, just going off memory so bear with me!:ack2:
JUNk3YGa-s8

Chris
11-17-2009, 10:23 AM
I still am buzzing about Fire Water. That was the high point of my week.

Watching that big SOB was like sipping my morning coffeee and seeing a tyrannosaurus run through my backyard.

Geronimo36
11-17-2009, 10:26 AM

I went back and found the info!:driving:

The 36’ Apache was first introduced in the late eighties.. We built approximate sixty. The last one build was 2004.. Its at TNT in Miami.. I think it is for sale..

Hi Frank

Yes that’s the same boat.. The owners name is Jay, he is a lieutenant with the Miami / Dade Fire Department.. I told him when I seen the You-Tube video of him smoking his cigar driving , he reminded me of Tony Mantana frown Scar face…. Actually Jay and his brother use to race the 32’ Seahawk race boat back in the late eighties..

Hi Roger

The Apache in the picture is not the one you see on You-Tube This Apache was built for a customer in N.J. It was the second Apache I built for him.. The first one was a side by side , after I sold his first Apache to a customer who lives in Michigan, he ordered this one with a short staggered 575SC package.

Quick story about Mike the owner.. He ordered his first Apache on the morning of 911.. I was in my office in Miami watching TV and can not believe what I am seeing like everybody ells. When my phone rang. The caller said Hi Bob, Its Mike do you remember me.. I said, I sure do.. (we were negotiating a boat a few months before).. He went on to say, I am sitting in my office in Newark New Jersey across the river watching the towers burn.. He then said, what do I have to do to order that Apache we were talking about.. After we made a deal, he said to me. I want you to paint two Indian heads on each side, with red, white, and blue feathers and lets name the boat FREEDOM..

Geronimo36
11-17-2009, 10:26 AM
I still am buzzing about Fire Water. That was the high point of my week.

Watching that big SOB was like sipping my morning coffeee and seeing a tyrannosaurus run through my backyard.

Musta been awesome!!! I've seen that boat a few times running here in NJ, simply awesome!!!:driving:

Geronimo36
11-17-2009, 10:42 AM
Lot's of Warpaints pics here; http://www.freezeframe.us/photos.cfm?ID=479&action=new

Ted
11-17-2009, 11:10 AM
No pictures, but Old School and I were sitting in the Ft Lauderdale airport and who strolls up to the bar but the famous "Magnum Mark" . It is a very small world :sifone:

OldSchool
11-17-2009, 11:29 AM
No pictures, but Old School and I were sitting in the Ft Lauderdale airport and who strolls up to the bar but the famous "Magnum Mark" . It is a very small world :sifone:

What an absolute treat that took me completely by surprise. He has no idea who we were as our backs were to him, and ole MagnumMark walks up behind us and makes a smartazz comment about us with our Cigarette beer coozies!!!!!!!!!!!! The look on my face had to have been priceless!! We bought him a beer and talked boats for 10 minutes...then all three of us had to run to the gate. He did bust my azz for calling him sir in typical MM dry humor fashion.:sifone: That's one of the great things about these websites. You feel like you know someone for years...and then get to meet them in person. What a concept!!!! :D

We've got to get him to sign up over here. I'll send him an email after I go through the other 847 that are in my inbox from being away from the office for too long!!!:ack2:

Craig

OldSchool
11-17-2009, 12:00 PM
Someone, who shall remain nameless, watched that 47 come hammering in. He looks at me and says "Dude, I think I got wood". Yeah.

Whoever that nameless person is :cool:, his exact words were............

"Dude, that boat just gave me a chubby"

.....and that was a true statement!!!! ;) :sifone::rofl::sifone::rofl::sifone::rofl:

Sean Stinson
11-17-2009, 02:57 PM
Always thought that Blue Moon was a 2002 or so? Only reason I thought that is Bobby told a story of the owner putting in the order on Sept. 11th.

I thought the one below was of the last ones or there was an all white one which I think was an 04'. In 2004 Bobby sent me info on the one below because I was looking for a 36', wanted 175K at the time, lake X time only. I could be wrong, just going off memory so bear with me!:ack2:
JUNk3YGa-s8

Hey Frank that boat was built 2003 and the pic of Bobby is at Lake X right around Miami boat show time

Geronimo36
11-17-2009, 03:06 PM
Hey Frank that boat was built 2003 and the pic of Bobby is at Lake X right around Miami boat show time

Cool deal Sean, looks like you're right! I went back thru my old email archives and found this;

Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 3:28 PM
To: Frank Ungarten
Subject: 2003 Apache 36'

Engines; MerCruiser 575 H/P / XR Bravos, "Short Staggered - Poker run cockpit"
Just upgraded engines at Innovation Marine, pulley upgrade with warranty.
Boat has less than 40 hrs. Speed 82 MPH

Equipment;
Full hydraulic steering / Marine Machine sea strainers and Throttles / GPS / GPS speedometers / Tiger intercom system with 5 headphones hooked into VHS and stereo / 235 Gallons of fuel (3 tanks with selector valves)
Gaffrig mufflers / Drive showers / portable toilet in compartment (never used) / Boat cover / electric hatch lift.

Wonder where it is today?:confused:

Geronimo36
11-17-2009, 03:07 PM
What an absolute treat that took me completely by surprise. He has no idea who we were as our backs were to him, and ole MagnumMark walks up behind us and makes a smartazz comment about us with our Cigarette beer coozies!!!!!!!!!!!! The look on my face had to have been priceless!! We bought him a beer and talked boats for 10 minutes...then all three of us had to run to the gate. He did bust my azz for calling him sir in typical MM dry humor fashion.:sifone: That's one of the great things about these websites. You feel like you know someone for years...and then get to meet them in person. What a concept!!!! :D

We've got to get him to sign up over here. I'll send him an email after I go through the other 847 that are in my inbox from being away from the office for too long!!!:ack2:

Craig

Cool story Craig!:USA:

cashbrain
11-17-2009, 05:25 PM

Craig

Mark drank a beer? That one for the books....:leaving:

cashbrain
11-17-2009, 05:29 PM
If memory serves me correctly,Bobby was testing Blue Moon on Lake X just before it was closed. I think this was around the time that I met Bobby and we put the Apache deal together.
I remember talking to him about the boat. I think that David Hester's 28 single engine that was to be a Cherokee and when we boxed in the trademark, it was then an Apache. Bobby would know,but, I think that was the last Apache built.

baywatch
11-17-2009, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the info Frank. I remember that 2004 when it was for sale because that was when I first started looking @ 36's (I believe the interior was yellow or had yellow accents).

I know the 41's and 47's are the much more sought after but I love our 36' and threads like this that share some history of the 36's.

http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/980

Wrinkleface
11-17-2009, 05:56 PM
Blue Moon is everywhere:sifone:

Always up at Boyne Thunder!!!:driving: