PDA

View Full Version : Anyone talk to Gino?

Tom A.
11-16-2009, 10:22 AM
I was wondering if anyone has talked to Gino?
For those that do not know, when Aquamania flipped in testing, Gino was idling around his dock area, saw the flip and went to help. On his way out, a Fountain was blasting through the channel and they nearly crashed. I spoke with one of Gino's good friends that night and was told he had chest pains and that he was taken to the hospital but he was going to be alright. How does this always happen?! Get well Gino!

SHARKEY-IMAGES
11-16-2009, 10:27 AM
I was with part of their crew this morning and we were talking about the crash but no mention of any complications...

Hopefully that was a good sign.

Anyone have more updated info ???

Audiofn
11-16-2009, 10:28 AM
He posted last night on OSO so I ASSUME he is ok?

Chris
11-16-2009, 10:29 AM
Gino had a brief problem at that moment but bounced back right away.

FunHome
11-16-2009, 11:19 AM
Hang in there Gino!!

lucky strike
11-16-2009, 11:52 AM
Hope all is well Gino

bluellama
11-16-2009, 12:35 PM
Be well Gino .....

Ratickle
11-16-2009, 09:50 PM
Gino had a brief problem at that moment but bounced back right away.

Correct, I was with him when it happened. Also talked with Larry later and Gino was doing just fine.

Lubejobs42
11-16-2009, 11:41 PM
Thank you for the concern, I'm fine. When we saw our buddies on AquaMania go over we jumped in the boat to go and help. On the way out a Fountain was coming straight at us at high speed with the driver watching the accident and not where he was going. We were going to slow to get out of his way but thank God the Fountain driver looked up and turned away at the last second. About 2 seconds later my difibrulator went off and shocked me. I guess between the panic of Aquamania going over and then the shock of the fountain it overloaded my heart. We went from trying to help to needing help in 2 seconds. Very scary. I normally know my limitations. Thank godness I hadn't jumped in the water yet.
I felt better about 30 minutes later and headed home.
Thanks to everyone for all the concerened emails and messages!!! I fel like a hundred bucks!:)

Ratickle
11-16-2009, 11:59 PM
Thank you for the concern, I'm fine. When we saw our buddies on AquaMania go over we jumped in the boat to go and help. On the way out a Fountain was coming straight at us at high speed with the driver watching the accident and not where he was going. We were going to slow to get out of his way but thank God the Fountain driver looked up and turned away at the last second. About 2 seconds later my difibrulator went off and shocked me. I guess between the panic of Aquamania going over and then the shock of the fountain it overloaded my heart. We went from trying to help to needing help in 2 seconds. Very scary. I normally know my limitations. Thank godness I hadn't jumped in the water yet.
Thanks to everyone for all the concerened emails and messages!!! I fel like a hundred bucks!:)

Plus the boat made it all the way down, and came home running.....:26: :03: :26:

SOX
11-17-2009, 01:52 AM
Glad your okay Gino

Lubejobs42
11-17-2009, 08:56 AM
Thank you!

Tom A.
11-17-2009, 09:16 AM
Glad you are ok Gino!

MarylandMark
11-17-2009, 09:25 AM
Glad all is well Gino! Nice to know even with a bum heart; you have such a big one and wanted to get out there and help!

Some times the best thing to do is nothing; adding to the chaos could cause more harm than good. (hope I don't mean to come off being a pr1ck saying that).

Sea-Dated
11-17-2009, 09:31 AM
Glad all is well Gino

cigdaze
11-17-2009, 09:32 AM
Glad all's well Gino.
It was good seeing you again this weekend.
:)

Wrinkleface
11-17-2009, 01:39 PM

Glad all is ok Gino!!!:sifone:

Ted
11-17-2009, 01:48 PM
Great seeing you this weekend Gino, glad you're okay.

DAREDEVIL
11-17-2009, 01:49 PM
Damn,,i heard. could not fiind u but i am glad your ok !!!!!!:USA:

FunHome
11-17-2009, 02:09 PM
Dang Gino.. what does it feel like when it zapps you??

Lubejobs42
11-17-2009, 02:42 PM
Glad all is well Gino! Nice to know even with a bum heart; you have such a big one and wanted to get out there and help!

Some times the best thing to do is nothing; adding to the chaos could cause more harm than good. (hope I don't mean to come off being a pr1ck saying that).

When it first happened there was no one else there. When we were getting there a center console was just pulling up. obviously if there were rescue boats there we wouldn't have gone over to them.

Lubejobs42
11-17-2009, 02:50 PM
Dang Gino.. what does it feel like when it zapps you??

he way it was origionally explained to me is the most accurate descritption. It's like gettin kicked by a horse in the chest. It goes off every 20 seconds untl te heart is back on track. Each time it goes off it is much stronger then the time before.
Fortunitally i only went off once.
The fist time it went off I was tying up Lubejobs at the dock.

Last time I was out on the boat alone by TNT it went off 4 times. The 3rd and 4th zapp were so hard it knockd me down. You see a flash inside your head. At first you think you got electricuted. Your entire body hurts. the nxt day every joint in your fingers, toes, knees etc ache like you rolled down a hill.

Not sure what's worse. The Zapp itself, worrying if it's going t go off again or if you are having a major heartattack nd you are going to die.

Very scary!

phragle
11-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Gino, you might want to have it checked and adjusted if it's going off that much....

sledge
11-17-2009, 03:48 PM
Gino - takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

:D Glad all is well!

Isn't this the second unit, or it's been adjusted? I seem to recall a story from not long after you first got it and you needed a tune up.

Lubejobs42
11-17-2009, 03:52 PM
It's been adjusted way down after the last incident. When I go to the cardiologist he scans the defib and it gives a complete read out of every time it goes to a mode similiar to "Guardian mode". When we checked the dates and times it went into guardian, each and every time was during a poker run.

Lubejobs42
11-17-2009, 03:52 PM
Gino - takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

:D Glad all is well!

Isn't this the second unit, or it's been adjusted? I seem to recall a story from not long after you first got it and you needed a tune up.

I had the wire leads changed as they were under recall.

phragle
11-17-2009, 04:13 PM
It's been adjusted way down after the last incident. When I go to the cardiologist he scans the defib and it gives a complete read out of every time it goes to a mode similiar to "Guardian mode". When we checked the dates and times it went into guardian, each and every time was during a poker run.

hmmm... without knowing whats causing it,have you asked him about something proactively... maybe a vasodilator or something else to decrease preload or afterload for things like pokerruns when you know the sns will be active??

OldSchool
11-17-2009, 05:42 PM
I had the wire leads changed as they were under recall.

My bosses Son just had that done as well. I believe that he told me that the unit (or batteries) have a lifespan of 6-7 years.

Glad to hear that you are OK Gino. I introduced myself to you less than an hour earlier after you guys finished tying up. Heck, I felt like I already knew you from reading your adventures for the last 8 or 9 years!! Very nice to finally meet you!! :)

Sean Stinson
11-17-2009, 05:44 PM
glad to hear you're alright Gino

plumbers crack
11-17-2009, 06:21 PM

Bring yourself to Mercury(sterling):sifone: let them put you on a scan tool

MarylandMark
11-17-2009, 07:02 PM
Guardian mode- that's funny!

Hope you didn't take my post wrong- I know you were just trying to help.

Ratickle
11-17-2009, 07:25 PM
Bring yourself to Mercury(sterling):sifone: let them put you on a scan tool

It may be a sealed unit. Don't want him being disqualified.....:sifone:

DAREDEVIL
11-17-2009, 07:29 PM
he way it was origionally explained to me is the most accurate descritption. It's like gettin kicked by a horse in the chest. It goes off every 20 seconds untl te heart is back on track. Each time it goes off it is much stronger then the time before.
Fortunitally i only went off once.
The fist time it went off I was tying up Lubejobs at the dock.

Last time I was out on the boat alone by TNT it went off 4 times. The 3rd and 4th zapp were so hard it knockd me down. You see a flash inside your head. At first you think you got electricuted. Your entire body hurts. the nxt day every joint in your fingers, toes, knees etc ache like you rolled down a hill.

Not sure what's worse. The Zapp itself, worrying if it's going t go off again or if you are having a major heartattack nd you are going to die.

Very scary!

Damn gino,,,take it easy,,,your nutz !!!!!!!
Glad your ok.:USA:

sy goldberg
11-17-2009, 07:29 PM
Based on his prior history someone would have stolen the defib.:26::26:

BraceYourself
11-17-2009, 08:58 PM
Geese, your always pushing the envelope Gino... Glad it turned out good and is not deturing you from doing what you love to do.

Toasty
11-17-2009, 10:28 PM
wow Gino, its good to hear you are ok! thank you for explaining your experieces, i am humbled to read your posts and feel fortuniate to learn about your health and boating adventures. glad your ok, just feed the horse before it knocks you over.

any reason as to why it buzzed you this time??

~Christian

boatme
11-18-2009, 07:44 AM
Shouldnt the boat be called "SHOCKWAVE"

Glad to hear you are ok my friend
Tell the doctor you need a poker run mode for that thing

I was told the battery life goes down with each shock Is that true ?

Hammer01
11-18-2009, 11:37 AM
Shouldnt the boat be called "SHOCKWAVE"

Glad to hear you are ok my friend
Tell the doctor you need a poker run mode for that thing

I was told the battery life goes down with each shock Is that true ?

That's a great idea Gino, kind of like adjusting for race fuel. You could get a patent on a "Gino ECU" adjustment for it!! Glad to hear all is well. How long Gino was it before the divers got there and was it any major task getting the drivers out or were they already out on their own?

03darkshadow
11-18-2009, 02:05 PM
glad you're ok Gino,

i saw the boat getting put on the trailer on saturday, man its beautiful.

inbetween
11-18-2009, 11:39 PM
Here's a couple shots of Gino's close call. Very glad to hear that everyone was/is ok - Gino and the Aqua Mania guys

Lubejobs42
11-19-2009, 12:51 AM
Here's a couple shots of Gino's close call. Very glad to hear that everyone was/is ok - Gino and the Aqua Mania guys

Cool shots, did it look as close from land as it did on the boat? Thank you fr posting them!

Ratickle
11-19-2009, 06:35 AM
It sure as heck looked close from behind you.

inbetween
11-20-2009, 12:02 AM
Cool shots, did it look as close from land as it did on the boat? Thank you fr posting them!

It really looked like there was going to be a second accident. Glad there wasn't.

inbetween
11-20-2009, 12:11 AM
Here's those same 3 pics cropped a bit

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_eitpVTvssHg/SwYWQipXmfI/AAAAAAAANTY/TTi2NeOL27E/s800/Key%20West%20%2709%20Sat-83.jpg

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_eitpVTvssHg/SwYWRNoRUCI/AAAAAAAANTc/4HuoXx6o0-U/s800/Key%20West%20%2709%20Sat-84.jpg

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_eitpVTvssHg/SwYWRfUE3YI/AAAAAAAANTg/Qu7wnCp5zC8/s800/Key%20West%20%2709%20Sat-85.jpg

phragle
11-20-2009, 12:21 AM
was that a finger sticking up from that outstretched arm???

Davidmnc
11-20-2009, 12:22 AM

Kind of looks that way!

Lubejobs42
11-21-2009, 02:02 PM

No, I was yelling and like most Italians talk with my hands! I really don't give the finger except when joking around.

Bullhead
11-21-2009, 02:51 PM
wow...I would have had to jumped in the water to unload the boneless brown trout

sunchaser796
11-27-2009, 10:48 PM
Lets all not forget that LARRY GOLDMAN was with Gino when all this went down.Both were pretty scared with the Fountain heading for them all at once. WHen all was said and done I met up with Larry & gino and drove Gino and Carlos back to the hotel to pick up their luggage and take them back to Gino's rig and send him home. He looked pretty good for having the crap scared outta him..

Lubejobs42
09-16-2010, 08:45 AM
This is an old thread but someone just gave these pictures to Larry. He said he thought for sure we were getting hit. To this day probabaly my scariest experience!

Gladhe8er
09-16-2010, 08:58 AM
WOW, what an idiot. Looks like he came close to the center console in the background too.

Magic Medicine
09-16-2010, 09:14 AM
WOW that was a close call!

Bobcat
09-16-2010, 09:39 AM
We were right there when it happened on the SOS boat and it scared the sh*t out of us!:eek:

Big Time
09-16-2010, 10:33 AM
The other photos do not show just how close you came, glad this crisis was averted.

Team Tsunami
09-16-2010, 11:37 AM
That is a guy from up here in the North East. He doesnt have a clue on how to operate a boat shown here by almost hitting Gino!!

AugiePensa
09-16-2010, 12:56 PM
Gino, just glad you and Larry were OK, or we would have taken him for a ride, Jersey Boyz Style!

Ratickle
09-16-2010, 02:18 PM
It was certainly scary when it happened. Then, when Gino came back in and I saw he was hurting, it was even scarier.

Always a good thing when friends are okay after close calls though.

Ratickle
09-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Gino, just glad you and Larry were OK, or we would have taken him for a ride, Jersey Boyz Style!

Where will you be hanging this weekend Augie. Like to chat some...