PDA

View Full Version : Lou Dobbs just quit CNN......

JupiterSunsation
11-11-2009, 08:41 PM
NEW YORK — CNN host Lou Dobbs shocked his viewers Wednesday when he announced that he would be leaving the network effective immediately. The longtime host of "Lou Dobbs Tonight" said on his show that it would be his last and that he was ready "to pursue new opportunities."

He said CNN had allowed him to be released from his contract, which was set for the end of 2011 and that he was considering a number of options.

"I will let you know when I set my course," he said.

The longest-running anchor on CNN's air, Dobbs was one of the nation's leading financial journalists before turning his program in a more opinionated direction. His persistent advocacy against illegal immigration angered many.

"I'm the last of the original anchors here on CNN and I'm proud to have had the privilege of helping to built the world's first news network."

CNN's average prime-time audience was third behind Fox and MSNBC during October, and it was even eclipsed by sister network HLN among younger viewers, according to the Nielsen Co.

___

JupiterSunsation
11-11-2009, 08:45 PM
He has a house here in FL and I have done work for him in the past. In person he has a funny sense of humor and his wife is a sweetheart but he can be a PR!CK when he wants to......

Guy is Harvard educated and definitely has done well but his stance on a few issues have gotten to be comical. No illegals......guess who cuts his grass at his FL mansion....Guatemalans.

Tom A.
11-11-2009, 11:50 PM
News an hypocrisy... common really! lol

Tommy Gun
11-12-2009, 01:24 AM
Liberal hypocrisy...I.e. Obama embraces a bunch of tax cheats and gives them jobs in his administration...then goes after offshore accounts...priceless. If you can't beat'em...

Dude! Sweet!
11-12-2009, 03:06 AM
Man if I had a nickle for every person out here that I know who complains about the illegals and the had "undocumented" Mexican gardeners, maids and nannies, I could afford to hire a white kid to cut my grass! :sifone:

Ratickle
11-12-2009, 04:41 AM
Man if I had a nickle for every person out here that I know who complains about the illegals and the had "undocumented" Mexican gardeners, maids and nannies, I could afford to hire a white kid to cut my grass! :sifone:

:rofl:...:rofl:...:rofl:

Offshoredrillin
11-12-2009, 08:19 AM
Guy is Harvard educated and definitely has done well but his stance on a few issues have gotten to be comical. No illegals......guess who cuts his grass at his FL mansion....Guatemalans.
sooooo because they are from Guatemala, that means they cant be here legally? Last I checked illegal was a noun or used as an adjective, not a race.

JupiterSunsation
11-12-2009, 08:28 AM
sooooo because they are from Guatemala, that means they cant be here legally? Last I checked illegal was a noun or used as an adjective, not a race.

Lake Worth FL and Jupiter both have huge illegal Guatemalan populations...... Jupiter even made the bold move to open a "work center" to get the neighborhood pickups centralized. People in multi-million dollar homes had groups of illegals gathering across the street looking for work. Lake Worth had a Home Depot that got over run with illegals looking for work so they had to fence off the parking lot from the street and hire cops to keep them away. Jupiter made the street pick ups illegal yet opened a work center for them to gather at to get work. Needless to say protesters are there weekly pointing out the irony....

Illegals is a commonly used slang term for illegal immigrants....

The Guatemalans showed up in bigger numbers recently due to the closure of many farms in the western part of the county. Home developers pushed west causing many farmers to sell out for the higher land prices putting the migrant workers out of work.

BUIZILLA
11-12-2009, 08:41 AM
and then there's Okeechobee County... :ack2:

Offshoredrillin
11-12-2009, 08:55 AM
Lake Worth FL and Jupiter both have huge illegal Guatemalan populations...... Jupiter even made the bold move to open a "work center" to get the neighborhood pickups centralized. People in multi-million dollar homes had groups of illegals gathering across the street looking for work. Lake Worth had a Home Depot that got over run with illegals looking for work so they had to fence off the parking lot from the street and hire cops to keep them away. Jupiter made the street pick ups illegal yet opened a work center for them to gather at to get work. Needless to say protesters are there weekly pointing out the irony....

Illegals is a commonly used slang term for illegal immigrants....

The Guatemalans showed up in bigger numbers recently due to the closure of many farms in the western part of the county. Home developers pushed west causing many farmers to sell out for the higher land prices putting the migrant workers out of work.

I'm not disagreeing on the illegal part, it just the blanket use of guatemalan as all illegal. When I was a bartender, the kitchen crew, we all called them the amigos, were all related and from guatemala, AND all here legally. I stopped tending bar there 14 years ago and still am friends with all the guys that work there. there kids are the same age as mine and good kids.

Lets not turn this into a whole illegal alien thing, just choose your wording properly as to not cast dispersions on any one race or country. for the record I agree with Lou Dobbs on illegal immigrants, however, they come in many forms and from many different countries. some of the Canadian members here will be illegal if they don't do the proper paperwork to visit ;)

fund razor
11-12-2009, 08:59 AM

Guatemalan could have easily meant a Guatemalan national. The question of whether they are naturalized US citizens or not was something that I believe that you brought to the equation due to your sensitivity and deference for your old bar pals. It wasn't determined from his original context whether or not they were Guatemalan-Americans, was it?

catastrophe
11-12-2009, 10:02 AM
I think everyone got his point without picking at his English.
The spelling was perfect which is refreshing on here.:)

Tommy Gun
11-12-2009, 10:15 AM
With all the negative comments made by the Obama administration with respect to Fox "news" I find it apropos to see them kicking CNN and MSNBC's azz.

gerritm
11-12-2009, 10:21 AM
No one was watching them anyways. I don't think CNN can go any lower in the ratings.

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/10/26/cnn-drops-to-last-place-among-cable-news-networks/