PDA

View Full Version : SMITH POWER at E Dock

masher44
11-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Erik Frost's 44 MTI "High Maintenance" with Smith Racing Engines running hard at Grand Lake. 1450 hp per side. 171.3 mph

Awesome.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZz74XZnFUA

WeaponX
11-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Sweet ...needs a little outside view of the trees going bye.:sifone:

MarylandMark
11-08-2009, 07:38 PM
I think H20 said the white Skater was the top dog; has that been bested with this run?

sellsman11
11-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Good stuff! How did Delo's boat run?

masher44
11-08-2009, 07:45 PM
white skater ran 171 at loto after hitting 159 in the mile. Delo running this week....... could be interesting

haydenhamlin
11-08-2009, 08:09 PM
did I see right, 7500rpm's and 15 lbs boost, awesome run,

E Dock DD
11-09-2009, 01:23 AM
Dennis and Erik need to break that tie somehow. I really do not want to see them kissing each other all winter.

Quinlan
11-09-2009, 01:16 PM
My SMITH power pushed the CIG to 95.3 last week!! Great work guys!!
OK so I just a Hundie short but it sure is LOUD>:sifone:

GENERAL LEE
11-09-2009, 01:59 PM
I think H20 said the white Skater was the top dog; has that been bested with this run?

It hasn't been "bested", but the guys are definitely trying to! :bump:

The white 36 is currently being replaced by a new 388 Skater, and the rest of the boats are being significantly "juiced up" as well.

I have officially bowed out of the quest to be the fastest however, so I'll be the camera boat getting it all on film! :sifone:

haydenhamlin
11-09-2009, 02:13 PM
will be interesting to see who ends up top dog, a new 388 with 1450's would definately do it, since Pyburns has been in the mid 180's with 1250's , 1450's would be near 200mph

Wrinkleface
11-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Cool , thanx!!

Sea-Dated
11-09-2009, 02:28 PM

Dennis has run 171 before but not on Grand Lake. It was run at Loto. My understanding is to be king of the lake the number must be run on Grand Lake. That make Frosty King of Grand if you ask me.

Next year should be interesting......:sifone:

masher44
11-09-2009, 02:35 PM
the new 388 motors hp will start with a 2 :boobflash:

jayboat
11-09-2009, 02:41 PM
It hasn't been "bested", but the guys are definitely trying to! :bump:

The white 36 is currently being replaced by a new 388 Skater, and the rest of the boats are being significantly "juiced up" as well.

You're tryin' to make me come back out there, aren't ya? :sifone:

You fukkers are havin' waaaay too much fun. Carry on. :)

drpete3
11-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Things are getting more and more interesting at E dock

GENERAL LEE
11-09-2009, 03:35 PM
Dennis has run 171 before but not on Grand Lake. It was run at Loto. My understanding is to be king of the lake the number must be run on Grand Lake. That make Frosty King of Grand if you ask me.

Next year should be interesting......:sifone:

Talk about splitting hairs! :sifone:

I'm almost positive Dennis ran 170+ the Summer BEFORE last on Grand, when they installed the new motors. It's the fastest, even though it's been soooo tough to swallow for some reason! :03::willy_nilly:

He's only going to improve that number going forward, so 171 is going to be yesterday's news in this crew before too long! :bump: :driving:

GENERAL LEE
11-09-2009, 03:37 PM
You're tryin' to make me come back out there, aren't ya? :sifone:

You fukkers are havin' waaaay too much fun. Carry on. :)

You're damn right I'm tryin!! :boobflash:

Come join the fun anytime Jay! :cheers2:

Geronimo36
11-09-2009, 03:51 PM
so 171 is going to be yesterday's news in this crew before too long! :bump: :driving:

You guys are nutz!:driving:

Sea-Dated
11-09-2009, 04:00 PM
He's only going to improve that number going forward, so 171 is going to be yesterday's news in this crew before too long! :bump: :driving:

I couldn't agree and I have no doubt that Dennis will be King of Grand again. Going to be a loooong winter and a damn exciting summer next year. :driving::cheers2:

Hey, at least the Cowboys won again......:party:

GENERAL LEE
11-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Hey, at least the Cowboys won again......:party:

Yeah baby!

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/sportatorium/assets_c/2008/11/Cowboys%20cheerleader%20squatting-thumb-400x600.jpg

Coolerman
11-09-2009, 05:06 PM
i wonder how long it will be before 200mph starts to become more commonplace?

WeaponX
11-09-2009, 05:13 PM
i wonder how long it will be before 200mph starts to become more commonplace?

It is common at LOTO.:sifone:

Mac
11-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Talk about splitting hairs! :sifone:

I'm almost positive Dennis ran 170+ the Summer BEFORE last on Grand, when they installed the new motors. It's the fastest, even though it's been soooo tough to swallow for some reason! :03::willy_nilly:

It is getting FRICKEN NUTS!! I am with you, I am out. Guys please be CAREFUL!!

Sea-Dated
11-09-2009, 05:44 PM
It is common at LOTO.:sifone:

For what? One professional Race team?

These are pleasure boaters remember.......:driving:

haydenhamlin
11-09-2009, 06:01 PM
2,000's in a 388 that thing will actually start flying in the air at that speed, will be awesome to see, wont be much that will touch it.

L-V
11-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Yeah baby!

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/sportatorium/assets_c/2008/11/Cowboys%20cheerleader%20squatting-thumb-400x600.jpg

Damn right, thats how you end a monday at the office!

WeaponX
11-09-2009, 07:49 PM
For what? One professional Race team?

These are pleasure boaters remember.......:driving:

Wrong ...2 teams here are 200 mph plus.
And there is more power here than Grand and you know it.:sifone:

And anybody with $500,000 can run two hundred in a cat pro or not.:)

That being said 170 plus is Very fast and somthing to be proud of.

Steve 1
11-09-2009, 08:07 PM

And anybody with $500,000 can run two hundred in a cat pro or not.:)

That being said 170 plus is Very fast and somthing to be proud of.

Less than that in todays economy.

E Dock DD
11-09-2009, 08:35 PM
It is getting FRICKEN NUTS!! I am with you, I am out. Guys please be CAREFUL!!

We can use your boat at the pace boat. Get them up to a nice comfortable 150 mph and drop the flag and watch them fly by.

MarylandMark
11-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Wonder who is going to go turbine 1st...

drpete3
11-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Sorry to be blunt but how unsafe is this at 200 mph? Not necessairly talking about hitting somthing but more concerned that somone is going to get airborne

MarylandMark
11-09-2009, 10:06 PM
Sorry to be blunt but how unsafe is this at 200 mph?

Just a hair safer than at 201MPH :biggrinjester:

drpete3
11-09-2009, 10:37 PM
Just a hair safer than at 201MPH :biggrinjester:true dat :26:

masher44
11-10-2009, 03:12 AM

Already on order. No not mine

Quinlan
11-10-2009, 08:43 AM
NOW we are talking!!

Steve 1
11-10-2009, 11:13 AM
Sorry to be blunt but how unsafe is this at 200 mph? Not necessairly talking about hitting somthing but more concerned that somone is going to get airborne

It depends on the cleverness of the Designer and the Builder, they control where the boat runs on its top or bottom! Being honest I am amazed that there has not been a Disaster so far!

GENERAL LEE
11-10-2009, 11:47 AM

Like Masher confirmed, there's already one being built. :ack2:

It's a C-5000 Mystic, turbines, and OPEN cockpit. It should be really slick with the open cockpit. The turbine will be fun to see as well, but he'll have to do his BIG speed runs on a weekday, or install a 3inch thick SeaDoo deflector on the bow! :auto:

MarylandMark
11-10-2009, 12:56 PM
I had some thing along the lines of "I can't wait to see the 1st pleasure Mystic out there" but deleted it because I was not positive it was heading there or not, even though I thought it was. I did not know it was running turbines.

WOW! Talk about raising the ante!

GENERAL LEE
11-10-2009, 01:58 PM
I had some thing along the lines of "I can't wait to see the 1st pleasure Mystic out there" but deleted it because I was not positive it was heading there or not, even though I thought it was. I did not know it was running turbines.

WOW! Talk about raising the ante!

Totally, raising the ante, especially for himself! He has been running a really pretty 42 Fountain Anniversary Series for quite a few years. This new boat should definitely spark the fire inside, when he takes that coveted first sea trial! :driving:

The way I heard about it at first, was that the guy had mentioned to a couple of our buddies that he's wanted a cat really bad after watching us chase each other around for a few seasons.

He asked them what he should be looking for out there, as far as the top boats & builders. Not knowing exactly what kind of cat he was interested in, our buddies just threw it out there, and started with the current elite builders & the most radical setups available.

"Well, you could go check out Mystic as well. They are building the most all around extreme cats out there right now, and will build an open cockpit for you as well. You could run turbines, or any other type of power you want".

He bought a Mystic not long after that! :willy_nilly:

It should be a REALLY sweet boat, "maybe" the coolest C-5000 yet! :coolgleamA:

TxHawk
11-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Totally, raising the ante, especially for himself! He has been running a really pretty 42 Fountain Anniversary Series for quite a few years. This new boat should definitely spark the fire inside, when he takes that coveted first sea trial! :driving:

The way I heard about it at first, was that the guy had mentioned to a couple of our buddies that he's wanted a cat really bad after watching us chase each other around for a few seasons.

He asked them what he should be looking for out there, as far as the top boats & builders. Not knowing exactly what kind of cat he was interested in, our buddies just threw it out there, and started with the current elite builders & the most radical setups available.

"Well, you could go check out Mystic as well. They are building the most all around extreme cats out there right now, and will build an open cockpit for you as well. You could run turbines, or any other type of power you want".

He bought a Mystic not long after that! :willy_nilly:

It should be a REALLY sweet boat, "maybe" the coolest C-5000 yet! :coolgleamA:

Since no one has said it yet. He is going from a 42 Fountain, a good running 42 at that, to a 50 Mystic with turbines? Thats kind of like going from a IROC to a ZR-1.

That being said, I dont have a problem with it as long as you respect it and listen to the pros as you get seat time.

44MTI
11-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Congrats Erik, that is an impressive number by anyone's standards. And he has done it multiple times on different days. I guess that puts the target on your back.:sifone:
Dennis's boat is very fast, but only ran 171 once before the blowers gave out, and last yrs numbers were 161 I'm pretty sure. But it would run that anytime. Even with mine and Bub's large azz's in there. Can't wait to see what the new 388 will do, should be a new level for everyone to strive for.
And don't forget Delo, running 159 on pump is pretty impressive. Race gas computers this week should be good for at least another 15. We may have a new King soon.
You guys know I love this as much as anyone, but lets not get stupid. It is a long stretch from 170 to 200. Not just a computer swap or new blowers. If it was easy there would be more than the handful that have ever been there. Its not common place, EVEN on LOTO. In fact what boats are there now that have ever been 200+ :confused:
Going to be a fun, expensive, smack talking winter. But hey, that why we play so hard in the Summer.:party:
Let the games begin.:cheers2:

GENERAL LEE
11-10-2009, 04:39 PM
Congrats Erik, that is an impressive number by anyone's standards. And he has done it multiple times on different days. I guess that puts the target on your back.:sifone:
Dennis's boat is very fast, but only ran 171 once before the blowers gave out, and last yrs numbers were 161 I'm pretty sure. But it would run that anytime. Even with mine and Bub's large azz's in there. Can't wait to see what the new 388 will do, should be a new level for everyone to strive for.
And don't forget Delo, running 159 on pump is pretty impressive. Race gas computers this week should be good for at least another 15. We may have a new King soon.
You guys know I love this as much as anyone, but lets not get stupid. It is a long stretch from 170 to 200. Not just a computer swap or new blowers. If it was easy there would be more than the handful that have ever been there. Its not common place, EVEN on LOTO. In fact what boats are there now that have ever been 200+ :confused:
Going to be a fun, expensive, smack talking winter. But hey, that why we play so hard in the Summer.:party:

It also goes without saying, we all know that YOU will not stand for any of this..... :toetap05:

Hammertime isn't going to come out of hibernation without some pep in her step. :willy_nilly:

If Smith builds even close to what they have been throwing at the wall.....that thing is going to be http://smiliesftw.com/x/higheek5_1.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

I'm going to be slow!http://smiliesftw.com/x/fatassembd.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

Sea-Dated
11-10-2009, 04:46 PM
I'm going to be slow!http://smiliesftw.com/x/fatassembd.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

Don't worry, I will still be slower and Masher even slower than that......:sifone:

MarylandMark
11-10-2009, 05:03 PM
I'd move.

LOL- imagine being the slug on the lake at 150MPH. A "problem" I wish I had without a doubt but is kind of funny thinking of it as well.

TxHawk- I see your point. Nothing replaces seat time but as it appears I doubt any where in the world has more cumulative seat time in big cats than the E-dockers. Most of them have big cats, most of them run huge numbers, most of them put more hours on their boats a year than most of us, most of them have had more than one cat, most of them have had several power changes in the many cats they've had, etc...

Just pointing out- what better "instructors" than a dockful of guys with those kind of boating resumes.

Now.. I am wondering how insurance would work. Umbrella or LLC type thing I guess.

Sea-Dated
11-10-2009, 05:13 PM
First time cat owner with possibly over 200mph cat. I don't see insurance as an option for the boat.

waterboy222
11-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Don't worry, I will still be slower and Masher even slower than that......:sifone:

..and me even slower than THAT..
:dupe:

44MTI
11-10-2009, 05:32 PM
Getting ready to send Hammertime back to St. Louis for a nice winters nap and a little loving. Nothing special happening here, just enough to everyone honest.:)

waterboy222
11-10-2009, 05:35 PM
Nothing special happening here, just enough to everyone honest.:)

Why is it I have the feeling that your definition of *nothing special* is wildly different than mine?

44MTI
11-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Why is it I have the feeling that your definition of *nothing special* is wildly different than mine?

Cookin Motors need love to big daddy. :sifone:
They finally drank from the well a couple weeks ago, and they liked what they tasted.

waterboy222
11-10-2009, 05:47 PM
Its that e-dock horsepower koolaid.. Im stayin away from it..

Coolerman
11-10-2009, 06:00 PM
Sounds like byrdman's boat bugged a few people!

waterboy222
11-10-2009, 06:11 PM
3.7mph more and im f*cked..

WeaponX
11-10-2009, 08:46 PM
Its not common place, EVEN on LOTO. In fact what boats are there now that have ever been 200+ :confused:

It started her in 2003 with many 200+ passes and ever year after till 2007 Dave was almost on the books this year again over 200.

And I've seen many 200 + passes by Dave. Push Bob Bull a little and you know as well as I do what he's capable of with his rig.

How many runs makes 200 common?:sifone:

masher44
11-10-2009, 11:05 PM

Yeah and the only Smith motors that actually ran all weekend at the shoot out werent from Anthony.

Jesse James
11-10-2009, 11:24 PM
Yeah and the only Smith motors that actually ran all weekend at the shoot out werent from Anthony.

OUCH!!!!

There is a new quad engine 50 mystic coming to loto next year also.....

Great speed in the mti, if memory serves correctly weasnt that boat debuted in Daytona in 01??? Rough Muther then...I did 2 laps ina 36 eliminator and pulled off and wanted out of that thing.....

also a new 388 with 1550 sterlings was just delivered to louisiana....some big guns out there fo shu.......

I remember sitting in the spectator crowd watching scism go 102 or 103 in one of the first shootouts and the place went crazy.....then next year morgan in his 37 active and a 30 chris cat battling it out only to tie at 102.......hell those speeds wouldnt even make a quick 8 field now......

buck
11-10-2009, 11:36 PM
Is the new owner of this Turbine powered Mystic employed by a bank?

I'm trying to narrow down who it is based off the clues that have been given. I've got a good guess but I need that above question answered to confirm my thinking.

L-V
11-11-2009, 07:27 AM

I'm trying to narrow down who it is based off the clues that have been given. I've got a good guess but I need that above question answered to confirm my thinking.

Im about 99.99% sure its not Mark! I believe he is supporting a tripple 47 Fountain now

Geronimo36
11-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Sounds like byrdman's boat bugged a few people!

Classic post! ;)

FYI, the numbers posted back then weren't real....they were slower than actual.. ;):lurk5:

Boat needs a rudder....

GENERAL LEE
11-11-2009, 12:06 PM

Not Mark! It's not a guy we normally hang out with. He's been on the lake for a long time, but it's probably not someone you've met.

MarylandMark
11-11-2009, 12:26 PM
I can asssure you 100% it is not this Mark.. :(

MarylandMark
11-11-2009, 12:30 PM
So "big guns"- what is where you draw the line now?

100 use to be the number, then 120, then 150, etc. 200 can't be the "new 100".

I'd guess 140-160 (big window) since that is where most "reliable enough" HP I think would push boats that are about as big as any one wants to go?

I mean 4K HP in a 64 footer would be unheard of; but then again just a few very short years ago what most of you are running now would be unheard of as well.

justgolf
11-11-2009, 12:34 PM
man i thought i have seen it all at loto, but i guess we will have to roll to e-dock next summer, do you have to know a secret handshake or something to get on e-dock?:sifone: :)

drpete3
11-11-2009, 01:30 PM
I would like to watch too.

waterboy222
11-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Is it just me (and correct me if im wrong)

but the reality of going from 175mph to 200mph is a LOT LOT LOT further from reach than going from, say, 75mph to 100mph.. Even at 175, it would *seem* that 200 is just around the next bend, but is it REALLY?

I remember learning about jet boats back in the day and picking up on a discussion that it takes (i dont remember the EXACT numbers but...) like 800 HP to run 110mph and take 1500HP to run 115mph because you can only pressure up so much water in the bowl. That analogy is kinda exaggerated but also fitting..

Ill never be in the market for something in that high of HP, but I sure like learning about it and joining in on the good-natured ribbing..

So what does it take, realistically, to make that *tiny/HUGE* 25mph jump from 175 to 200. In a car, tacking on 25mph difference doesnt seem that big of a deal, but arent we talking having to add nearly 1000 hp to each side to get that extra 25mph out of it?

waterboy222
11-11-2009, 02:10 PM
man i thought i have seen it all at loto, but i guess we will have to roll to e-dock next summer, do you have to know a secret handshake or something to get on e-dock?:sifone: :)

You have to get past Bad Brad the Gatekeeper, and hes one mean, ugly SOB!:cuss:

Magic Medicine
11-11-2009, 02:19 PM
Is it just me (and correct me if im wrong)

but the reality of going from 175mph to 200mph is a LOT LOT LOT further from reach than going from, say, 75mph to 100mph.. Even at 175, it would *seem* that 200 is just around the next bend, but is it REALLY?

I remember learning about jet boats back in the day and picking up on a discussion that it takes (i dont remember the EXACT numbers but...) like 800 HP to run 110mph and take 1500HP to run 115mph because you can only pressure up so much water in the bowl. That analogy is kinda exaggerated but also fitting..

Ill never be in the market for something in that high of HP, but I sure like learning about it and joining in on the good-natured ribbing..

So what does it take, realistically, to make that *tiny/HUGE* 15mph jump from 175 to 200. In a car, tacking on 15mph difference doesnt seem that big of a deal, but arent we talking having to add nearly 1000 hp to each side to get that extra 15mph out of it?

Need to check your math 175 - 200 is a 25 mph gain not 15:sifone::26:

TIKI
11-11-2009, 02:19 PM
(and correct me if im wrong)

so what does it take, realistically, to make that *tiny/huge* 15mph jump from 175 to 200. In a car, tacking on 15mph difference doesnt seem that big of a deal, but arent we talking having to add nearly 1000 hp to each side to get that extra 15mph out of it?

200 - 175 = 25

waterboy222
11-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Oklahoma public schools..

justgolf
11-11-2009, 02:29 PM
You have to get past Bad Brad the Gatekeeper, and hes one mean, ugly SOB!:cuss:

Does he like crown?:26:

waterboy222
11-11-2009, 02:33 PM
He likes goose, redbull and men.

WeaponX
11-11-2009, 05:33 PM

Your a funny one aint ya. Call Mr.Pool and have him run a 93 octane blend on 12.5 psi and see what happens to Brads motors or any other power. I'm not the owner or the fuel buyer in the boat. I can't speend Jims money for him. And I didn't see any kind of Barbuto at the Shootout bad gas or not.:sifone:

Don't worry to much just burnt the edge of the piston a little it'll back next year with the same power we'll see you on the start line with your boat....wonder who will be faster???:26:

WeaponX
11-11-2009, 05:59 PM
And just for the record I and a few others here are Impressed with Brads power. Mr. Pools 36 Skater made more balls out passes than any other boat I've ever seen at the Shootout in one weekend.

drpete3
11-11-2009, 07:02 PM
And just for the record I and a few others here are Impressed with Brads power. Mr. Pools 36 Skater made more balls out passes than any other boat I've ever seen at the Shootout in one weekend.

:lurk5:

joseydubber
11-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Masher, just so you know , I made the decision on the fuel, put 110 gal. of 110 race and 60 gal. of 93 octane, we were going to run in the poker run but did'nt get the last engine in until after the start, knew we would'nt have to run that hard to be first to the bridge, but we ended up running in the shootout on full fuel with the mix , you run Brads motors at 12 lbs boost you'll burn a piston also, I'll put Anthony up against Brad anytime on engine building, bring your pc. of junk up next year, we'll run you. for the record Anthony said to run av fuel, I ran out of time and went with 93, learned my lesson, Even Mike at Sterling commented on how good the motors were and had the same parts his motors have in them, even sterling custom je pistons.

RPM
11-11-2009, 07:35 PM
Jose Doobie!:willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

buck
11-11-2009, 08:05 PM
Not Mark! It's not a guy we normally hang out with. He's been on the lake for a long time, but it's probably not someone you've met.

I got the skinny in a PM from someone. From the sound of the clues I was getting it sounded a lot like Mark. Not to mention I could almost see him doing something like that.

Thanks for the heads up. Look forward to seeing the new toys next spring.

masher44
11-12-2009, 09:04 AM
Your a funny one aint ya. Call Mr.Pool and have him run a 93 octane blend on 12.5 psi and see what happens to Brads motors or any other power. I'm not the owner or the fuel buyer in the boat. I can't speend Jims money for him. And I didn't see any kind of Barbuto at the Shootout bad gas or not.:sifone:

Don't worry to much just burnt the edge of the piston a little it'll back next year with the same power we'll see you on the start line with your boat....wonder who will be faster???:26:

I guess you and your only customer have your stories crossed once again. Scumbags showing up with junk. I'm sure the MTI sticker that has been on the back of your truck for 5 years is faster than my boat

From darr the lying piece of dirt....

get a life
Masher, grow up, why do you continue to be a jealous punk. we got some bad race fuel, motor fixed, they are awesome built motors, dynoed at 1200hp on a real dyno

Geronimo36
11-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Everyone has their issues from time to time, no one is immune, not even superman.

drpete3
11-12-2009, 10:39 AM
Any video from a distance on these 171 mph passes?

Also, does law enforcement give you any hassle?

Sea-Dated
11-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Law enforcement is very cool on our lake. They know must of these guys and know they are running during the week and are safe. We have no noise restrictions either.

In other words, no, the law does not hassle except to ask how fast you went?

No one was on shore to get video that I know of.

Tommy Gun
11-12-2009, 11:13 AM
You guys should start your own racing circuit...

Mac
11-12-2009, 02:00 PM
does he like crown?:26:

i do!!!

Sea-Dated
11-12-2009, 03:09 PM
i do!!!

:cheers2:

Offshoredrillin
11-12-2009, 03:20 PM
i do!!!

and the award for understatement of the years goes to.... :rofl:

How are ya bud?

RPM
11-12-2009, 03:50 PM

This is true!

GENERAL LEE
11-12-2009, 04:10 PM
Any video from a distance on these 171 mph passes?

Also, does law enforcement give you any hassle?

I might be able to get some video this weekend, if my timing falls into place.

I've given two of the lake patrol guys rides in my boat, and two of the other guys want one next, lol. We do everything as by the book the best we know how. We also don't act like we run the place, nor do we run hard in crowded areas of the lake, or expect anyone to get out of "our" way, no matter how fast we're running. I'll always slow down to give another boater plenty of room. We generally do our high speed runs in the morning. Other than that, my favorite time to go "cruise" around with everyone, is around 6:30-7pm. Most of the Sea Doos, water skiiers, and tubers have gone in by that time, and the cruisers are either going in, or just heading to dinner, throwing a huuuuge wake to play on.:26:

WeaponX
11-12-2009, 04:39 PM
I guess you and your only customer have your stories crossed once again. Scumbags showing up with junk. I'm sure the MTI sticker that has been on the back of your truck for 5 years is faster than my boat

From darr the lying piece of dirt....

get a life
Masher, grow up, why do you continue to be a jealous punk. we got some bad race fuel, motor fixed, they are awesome built motors, dynoed at 1200hp on a real dyno

My story has never been or ever will be crossed. Not sure what scumbag your talking of so I have no reply to that child like comment.

And the MTI sticker was on my truck because if you knew anything about what your talking about you would know that I raced with D&M Motorsports in the MTI Supercat Lite race boat for awhile.Remember the side door stickers on my truck when you saw my truck. I know it"s hard for you to understand that some people have a reason to have actually talk about offshore Cat boats,Racing, or motor building.

And my truck hasn't had a MTI sticker on it for three years.:sifone:
And yes the cat boat I throttle now and the one I owned are way out of your zone.

And as far as your trouble with Jim leave me out of it.

How about a couple pics to make your day brighter.... race pics:sifone: As you know thats me and then me and my wife with the team.

How does it feel to be slapped with a dose of reality.

Have a nice day.:)

WeaponX
11-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Everyone has their issues from time to time, no one is immune, not even superman.

You got that right.:biggrinjester:

How my trouble is his I have no idea.:(

masher44
11-12-2009, 09:03 PM
Suuuuuuuure weapon x. You're the man! Building motors for Darr. You'll get alot of business from this thread

masher44
11-12-2009, 09:08 PM

We did. Pinstripe Power 2010

masher44
11-12-2009, 09:09 PM
All the amateur builders claim bad gas LMAO

WeaponX
11-12-2009, 11:50 PM
Suuuuuuuure weapon x. You're the man! Building motors for Darr. You'll get alot of business from this thread

I don't want or need any "business". When did I say I wanted to build motors??

You need to go to your closet and be quiet you've been bested and you know it.

I'LL ALWAYS KNOW MORE PRO RACE TEAMS , BOAT BUILDERS,AND ABOUT POWER THAN YOU.

Don't need a responce from you but I'll watch you try to come back from this failure at making me look bad.:sifone:

WeaponX
11-13-2009, 12:02 AM

I LMAO at you and your silly posts. I posted the piston pics pass it to any "Pro" builder you want.......It's called DETONATION.:sifone:

How many amateur builders are here?? I don't even know that one.:rofl:

This is fun.:26:

masher44
11-13-2009, 01:10 AM
Darr co-pilot. Quite the resumé

RPM
11-13-2009, 09:35 AM
:biggrinjester:

WeaponX
11-13-2009, 09:40 AM
GOD is my co-pilot.:)

RPM
11-13-2009, 09:43 AM

You can call me Rob

Geronimo36
11-13-2009, 11:47 AM

Jim, I don't know anything about Weapons or anyone else setup over there but I can tell you it deffinitely happens and you should know that for yourself.... 540 inches, 900 hp with steel heads on 750 carbs...:lurk5: Then you got it set up better with alum heads and intercooler........ Like suckin a frozen mikshake thru a straw...:03:

Yeah, you could tune ultra conservative and then you can tune for max power, just pick your poison...all depends what you're lookin to do! :driving:

Then there's mistakes us OWNERS always make.... ;)

Trim'd Up
11-13-2009, 04:08 PM
Damn, this thread sure has taken a turn.:lurk5:

MarylandMark
11-13-2009, 04:12 PM
Damn, this thread sure has taken a turn.:lurk5:

+1

I liked it better when the E dockers were talking about one upping each other and talking about the baddest collection of boats any where. We should start a topic on some thing stupid and hope it gets hijacked in to a fast boat thread.

TIKI
11-13-2009, 04:40 PM
Why is Jim Darr still here? He's been banned many times....what's the hold up with Jose Dobbie smoker still active?

Geronimo36
11-13-2009, 04:48 PM
to much type "A" in the room.... Let's hear more about the boats! :)

Sea-Dated
11-13-2009, 05:27 PM
I have not broke any rules

Other than getting banned multiple times and continuing to try to log back in under new screen names.

I am pretty sure that is breaking the rules......:icon_bs::iamwithstupid::dupe:

By the way, where is Frost's money for the exhaust?

Sea-Dated
11-13-2009, 05:39 PM
Then why the change in screen names? Again? :iamwithstupid:

Magic Medicine
11-13-2009, 05:43 PM
you can't play in my sand box please go home

joseydubber
11-13-2009, 06:09 PM
you can't play in my sand box please go home

done posting, masher is in his place now, going to the timber

Tantrum
11-13-2009, 06:31 PM
never broke any rules to get banned, and by the way, where is my money for the mufflers he stole from me, got hundreds of emails from members who wanted me back on, so they did

There's always a story :huh:

Trim'd Up
11-13-2009, 06:38 PM
Didn't realize that was Darr. I am still waiting to go see "HIS" boat factory in Granite City, IL. :rolleyes: Isn't there some way to ban his IP or something?

Tommy Gun
11-13-2009, 08:02 PM

I agree!!! That Blues Brothers movie is funnier than hell!

Jesse James
11-13-2009, 08:05 PM
+1

I liked it better when the E dockers were talking about one upping each other and talking about the baddest collection of boats any where. We should start a topic on some thing stupid and hope it gets hijacked in to a fast boat thread.

LMFAO:sifone:

AIR TIME
11-13-2009, 09:01 PM
First time cat owner with possibly over 200mph cat. I don't see insurance as an option for the boat.

I DON'T THINK YOU CAN GET INSURANCE FOR A TURBINE at least you could not a few yrs ago. being in a 46 turbine cat MOST OF THE TIME I WENT OUT THIS SUMMER:sifone: its wild the people who flock to the boat as it comes in to dock or leave. if you don't own a TURBINE you don't own chit the way I see it. it was like we were rockstars the other boats don't matter. what sucks is this coming season I will be healthy enough to drive my new boat which only has a DEAN GELLNER 572 BLOWER MOTOR:rofl::driving::sifone: INSTEAD OF A TURBINE, but I will and the gearheads will LOVE what Dean has made a work of ART for ART. thanks Dean we will shoot for 100 plus in a lil old 28 SABER. For big cats turbines rule its just ''KNOT RIGHT'' :sifone:

WeaponX
11-13-2009, 09:32 PM
I agree!!! That Blues Brothers movie is funnier than hell!

"Cars got alot of pick up."

" It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. ":sifone:

Tommy Gun
11-13-2009, 11:00 PM
We did. Pinstripe Power 2010

Did the Yankees sign Jeff Gordon?

GENERAL LEE
11-14-2009, 12:43 AM
I DON'T THINK YOU CAN GET INSURANCE FOR A TURBINE at least you could not a few yrs ago. being in a 46 turbine cat MOST OF THE TIME I WENT OUT THIS SUMMER:sifone: its wild the people who flock to the boat as it comes in to dock or leave. if you don't own a TURBINE you don't own chit the way I see it. it was like we were rockstars the other boats don't matter. what sucks is this coming season I will be healthy enough to drive my new boat which only has a DEAN GELLNER 572 BLOWER MOTOR:rofl::driving::sifone: INSTEAD OF A TURBINE, but I will and the gearheads will LOVE what Dean has made a work of ART for ART. thanks Dean we will shoot for 100 plus in a lil old 28 SABER. For big cats turbines rule its just ''KNOT RIGHT'' :sifone:

John Arruda apparently has a source for insurance on turbine cats.

sellsman11
11-14-2009, 12:49 AM
John Arruda apparently has a source for insurance on turbine cats.

Ummmmm....:willy_nilly::willy_nilly::rolleyes::rolleyes:

RebarBox
11-14-2009, 01:20 AM
fun-filled, festive thread...:grouphug::moon:

MarylandMark
11-14-2009, 08:50 AM
you forgot case of cigarettes, full tank of gas

post 1 :26:

masher44
11-14-2009, 10:32 AM
171 will be attempted to be broken today. Stay tuned.

RPM
11-14-2009, 10:32 AM
Darr sack....What a name!

44MTI
11-14-2009, 12:30 PM

Waiting on my pics big daddy. :sifone:

Member: 541
11-14-2009, 01:57 PM
"Cars got alot of pick up."

" It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. ":sifone:

lmao....Great quote:rofl:

RPM
11-15-2009, 10:30 AM

:lurk5:

masher44
11-15-2009, 12:52 PM
162 hit by Rockstar :cool: More to come....

44MTI
11-16-2009, 10:53 AM
162 hit by Rockstar :cool: More to come....

Doesn't that put him a tick faster than Mac.:sifone:

rbhudelson
11-16-2009, 12:10 PM

He likes goose, redbull and men.

Cale, you are letting your education show again. Its spelled WOMEN knucklehead.

Vid of RockStars passes this past weekend: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-KGsOl4EzI

HaxbySpeed
11-16-2009, 12:39 PM
That's pretty fast on one engine... :03:

GENERAL LEE
11-16-2009, 01:49 PM
Nice run boyz!:driving::coolgleamA:

Mac
11-16-2009, 06:18 PM
doesn't that put him a tick faster than mac.:sifone:

tick tock, tick tock!!

44MTI
11-16-2009, 09:46 PM
tick tock, tick tock!!

You may want some new computers as well.:dupe:

PBAM22
11-16-2009, 11:14 PM

:willy_nilly:

sellsman11
11-16-2009, 11:19 PM

Cookin...boys....COOKIN! :willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

PicChic
11-17-2009, 09:27 AM
tick tock, tick tock!!

Looks like I am going to have to make another trip out there to do "The E-Dock battles continue" sequel.....:rofl:

Lori :boobflash:

Geronimo36
11-17-2009, 11:07 AM
Was Rockstar going for the 170 or did I read wrong?

Impressive none the less.... :)

OldSchool
11-17-2009, 11:19 AM
Why is Jim Darr still here? He's been banned many times....what's the hold up with Jose Dobbie smoker still active?

As one of the two administrators here on SOS, I'll answer this one honestly as that is our policy here. Darr lives in a complex where there is evidently shared wireless internet access. We have other valuble and contibuting members that live in the building as well. Normally, when we have a disturbed person who gets banned repeatedly and keeps signing back up under a different screen name, we ban the IP address. We can't in this situation, so ole jimmy will be able to continue to keep signing up. When he posts, we'll just ban him again. It sucks for us to have to keep doing this and it's a complete waste of my time....but the only option right now.

Anyone remember the Whack-A-Mole game????? :sifone:

Craig:)

skatercalico
11-17-2009, 03:01 PM
As one of the two administrators here on SOS, I'll answer this one honestly as that is our policy here. Darr lives in a complex where there is evidently shared wireless internet access. We have other valuble and contibuting members that live in the building as well. Normally, when we have a disturbed person who gets banned repeatedly and keeps signing back up under a different screen name, we ban the IP address. We can't in this situation, so ole jimmy will be able to continue to keep signing up. When he posts, we'll just ban him again. It sucks for us to have to keep doing this and it's a complete waste of my time....but the only option right now.

Craig, I don't live in a building with others, I have a very nice home in the hills of Chesterfield, Mo.I have not posted anything that merits a breach of your rules or banning, I have no ip on my computers, I'm a programmer anyway. I'll continue to abide by your rules , support and enjoy your great site, I hope you realize that there are people out there purposely impersonating me and posting improper items trying to get me banned, I know who these people are and will deal with them myself. If you want to speak with me please call or email me.Jim

OldSchool
11-17-2009, 03:13 PM

Craig, I don't live in a building with others, I have a very nice home in the hills of Chesterfield, Mo.I have not posted anything that merits a breach of your rules or banning, I have no ip on my computers, I'm a programmer anyway. I'll continue to abide by your rules , support and enjoy your great site, I hope you realize that there are people out there purposely impersonating me and posting improper items trying to get me banned, I know who these people are and will deal with them myself. If you want to speak with me please call or email me.Jim

Hello Jim. Goodbye Jim. :seeya::seeya:

Don't think for a second that everyone on our team didn't see the emails that you sent Chris last week. Save it for someone that may believe your BS.:willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

PS- Your attachments don't work. :rolleyes:

RPM
11-17-2009, 03:16 PM
, I have no ip on my computers, I'm a programmer anyway. .Jim

:dupe::confused: what?

OldSchool
11-17-2009, 03:16 PM
Craig, I don't live in a building with others, I have a very nice home in the hills of Chesterfield, Mo.I have not posted anything that merits a breach of your rules or banning, I have no ip on my computers, I'm a programmer anyway.

...and I've got 5 billion dollars in the bank and a 36 inch long cock. :rolleyes::rofl:

Now back to the regular scheduled programming. Who rules E-Dock??:driving::sifone::rofl:

RPM
11-17-2009, 03:19 PM
Sorry guys...It's my fault! I'll see what I can do on my end!:boxing_smiley:
Thanks Craig...Glad to see I'm a valued member of such a great site!:willy_nilly:

cigdaze
11-17-2009, 03:19 PM
I have no ip on my computers, I'm a programmer anyway.
That's funny.

cigdaze
11-17-2009, 03:20 PM
Sorry guys...It's my fault! I'll see what I can do on my end!:boxing_smiley:
Thanks Craig...Glad to see I'm a valued member of such a great site!:willy_nilly:

We would be very thankful. :)

OldSchool
11-17-2009, 03:26 PM

You're very welcome :)

RPM
11-17-2009, 03:29 PM
Not real sure how hes doing it though...He's usually down here on the weekends so really that should be the only time he can run off my I.P. ....right?

TIKI
11-17-2009, 03:34 PM
Anyone remember the Whack-A-Mole game?????

Yes. And this one must be set on "free mode"...you know, when you can keep playing without putting any quarters in...:willy_nilly:

GENERAL LEE
11-17-2009, 03:56 PM
I have no ip on my computers, I'm a programmer anyway.

Soooo, could you program those attachments to open?

Thanks PC.

masher44
11-17-2009, 04:10 PM

oh the rumors I hear around Grove while at lunch with "certain" people :driving: :sifone:

44MTI
11-17-2009, 04:47 PM
oh the rumors I hear around Grove while at lunch with "certain" people :driving: :sifone:

Can't be any truth to this. We know that no one would have lunch with you.:rofl:

buttonheadbuddy
11-17-2009, 10:15 PM
That's funny.

ok, if it's so funny and you have banned my ip, how do I keep getting back on, never sent an email to chris ever, anyway I'm back to the forumns

OldSchool
11-17-2009, 10:19 PM
ok, if it's so funny and you have banned my ip, how do I keep getting back on, never sent an email to chris ever, anyway I'm back to the forumns

Hello again Jim. Goodbye again Jim. Your lifespan was 4 minutes this time. :D :rolleyes:

:seeya::seeya::seeya:

Please remember to tip your bartenders and waitresses...and try the veal.

Davidmnc
11-17-2009, 10:30 PM
Hello again Jim. Goodbye again Jim. Your lifespan was 4 minutes this time. :D :rolleyes:

:seeya::seeya::seeya:

Please remember to tip your bartenders and waitresses...and try the veal.

I bet he is the bastard that got Pengy!!!! :boxing_smiley::boxing_smiley::boxing_smiley:

rbhudelson
11-18-2009, 12:38 AM
Soooo, could you program those attachments to open?

Thanks PC.

that was funny

Quinlan
11-18-2009, 11:00 AM
Now back to B Smith Power!
Gettin new plugs and oil change and Hopefully one mo all out run this year. Now should I put that smaller pully on!! ?:sifone:

GENERAL LEE
11-18-2009, 11:03 AM
Now should I put that smaller pully on!! ?:sifone:

Well yeah?! :iamwithstupid:

"Hey guys, should I have another beer?" :willy_nilly:

jeeez, Quin?! :sifone::cheers2:

Geronimo36
11-18-2009, 11:21 AM
Whether he's right or wrong; If I was banned so many times that it was clear no one wanted to be friends with me I would just leave and move on......

44MTI
11-18-2009, 12:22 PM
Gettin new plugs and oil change and Hopefully one mo all out run this year. Now should I put that smaller pully on!! ?:sifone:

Put a thimble on it, pull out the chips and let it eat big daddy. Tis the season.:sifone:

sellsman11
11-18-2009, 01:09 PM
Can't be any truth to this. We know that no one would have lunch with you.:rofl:

snicker snicker!!:rofl::rofl::sifone:

GENERAL LEE
11-18-2009, 01:22 PM
snicker snicker!!:rofl::rofl::sifone:

LOL, so are Macs' 1200 brains still sitting at 57? :bigear:

bigwavehayds
11-18-2009, 01:23 PM
geronimo, I have tons of friends , I just wish the administrators would do their job and ban the guys who I've told them that are impersonating me on here. I see many members that break the rules everyday, they don't get banned. I just want to enjoy the site like everyone else, just want the truth to be known, I actually have not broken any rules, others have for me, thanks Jim

44MTI
11-18-2009, 01:24 PM
Yea Franky, what do you about Mac's "special 1200's":bigear:

cigdaze
11-18-2009, 01:26 PM
G'bye.

OldSchool
11-18-2009, 01:38 PM
Three minutes on that new life Mr Darr. ;):sifone:

getchasum111
11-18-2009, 01:39 PM
three minutes on that new life mr darr. ;):sifone:

i need to move there

L-V
11-18-2009, 03:48 PM

A Thankgiving run? count me in, smaller pully and cool weather might see triple digits, just 4.8 to go bro!

Trim'd Up
11-18-2009, 04:24 PM
You admins have your own video game going now. "Ban the Darr" Do you guys award points for who get him first? :D

DKwestern
11-18-2009, 04:39 PM
You admins have your own video game going now. "Ban the Darr" Do you guys award points for who get him first? :D

More like "Ban the Duesch"

Five Cent Worth
11-18-2009, 05:25 PM
Guys - New to the sport... What is E Dock and GLOCK acronym's? I have even threw it into Google and haven't been able to figure it out.

Mike :lurk5:

Sea-Dated
11-18-2009, 05:35 PM
GLOC = Grand Lake Of the Cherokees in North East Oklahoma

E-Dock is the place to be and home of some of the fastest cats the country. It is the dock at Cherokee Yacht Culb on Grand Lake where most of the boats call home.

See the latest edition of H2O Full Throttle magazine or this thread:

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8645&highlight=e-dock

Pictures courtesy of Jayboat....

There are:

4 Skaters
5 MTI's
1 Nor-Tech
Several Cigs

Someone correct me if my count is wrong......

Trim'd Up
11-18-2009, 07:27 PM
More like "Ban the Duesch"

Same thing isn't it?

masher44
11-25-2009, 08:32 PM
Ttt

GENERAL LEE
11-25-2009, 11:24 PM
Ttt

http://smiliesftw.com/x/boobs_1.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

P Offshore
11-26-2009, 12:10 PM
http://smiliesftw.com/x/boobs_1.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

Thats an accurate display of what Masher is thinking !!!!!:iagree: