View Full Version : Official Chi-town Sled-Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Magic Medicine
12-18-2008, 11:19 AM
Yikes

Jonthan, lucky you did some checking.

redhotsommer
12-18-2008, 02:37 PM
12/26-12/28....We will be at Coyote Crossing in Cadillac...well...at night, anyway! During the day, we'll be EVERYWHERE.

Offshore Ginger
12-18-2008, 03:15 PM
12/26-12/28....We will be at Coyote Crossing in Cadillac...well...at night, anyway! During the day, we'll be EVERYWHERE. where is coyote crossing ?

redhotsommer
12-18-2008, 08:58 PM
http://www.coyotecrossingresort.com/

baronmarine
12-18-2008, 10:14 PM
where is coyote crossing ?

art

have you been out yet?? we went to baldwin last friday night and saturday. rode to ruby creek, irons and nataka's (or how ever you spell it. i can ever say it) on bass lake.

todd

baronmarine
12-18-2008, 10:16 PM
12/26-12/28....We will be at Coyote Crossing in Cadillac...well...at night, anyway! During the day, we'll be EVERYWHERE.

i'm going to try to get up there. we have family in town for the holidays. but i'm sure i well be over it by then. mike are you still going to the up??

todd

Offshore Ginger
12-18-2008, 10:40 PM
art

have you been out yet?? we went to baldwin last friday night and saturday. rode to ruby creek, irons and nataka's (or how ever you spell it. i can ever say it) on bass lake.

todd Todd i am going up to Irons and wolf lake area after the first of the year and thinking about a mid week trip with my wife , from wed to sat or maybe tues to fri , not sure at this point and nataka on Bass Lake is always a great place .:26:

redhotsommer
12-19-2008, 09:03 AM
Yeah Todd. We are doing Caddy for the first weekend, then rolling north on Sunday to the area around Boyne Highlands/Nub's Nob for Sunday night. Monday we will ski/board at one of the hills, then head up to Munising on Tuesday thru Saturday.

Magic Medicine
12-19-2008, 09:12 AM
Coyote Crossing is off highway 55 very close to Caberfae.

Magic Medicine
12-22-2008, 08:55 AM
Caddy got 12" of new snow Sunday between 8am and 5 pm.

Sunsation96
12-22-2008, 10:44 AM
Caddy got 12" of new snow Sunday between 8am and 5 pm.

Never rode in Caddy, but you guy's seem to love it...

Magic Medicine
12-22-2008, 10:53 AM
Never rode in Caddy, but you guy's seem to love it...

Its the closest good area to us, they usually have good snow, I know the area and locals very well. Hard not to come back!

redhotsommer
01-05-2009, 10:35 AM
Ahhh...back at work after a week in the snow! Here's a couple pics from Munising...

Sunsation96
01-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Red Hot Looks like a blast, need more sledding pics people...

Magic Medicine
01-05-2009, 11:18 AM
Ahhh...back at work after a week in the snow! Here's a couple pics from Munising...

Nice pics Vin diesel:26:

Magic Medicine
01-05-2009, 11:25 AM
Just got back from the Western UP, Gogebic area. The trails and times were great, I have never ridden as many freshly groomed trails in my life. All the trails were good except for 11N and you can fill in the back what the N stands for.

No problems on the trip and the sleds ran great. I did blow a belt at 90 plus going up the hill to lake of the clouds, yikes sounded like a bomb went off. Totally demolished the belt, with the exception of the cords which totally wrapped around the secondary and caused it to stick all the way open. Thank god I had my leatherman, 1/2 hr later and I was back in biz, It could have been ugly at 5 below!

redhotsommer
01-05-2009, 12:14 PM
Here's a couple more...

Harbor Springs area...nice trails fo' sho'.

Those who have paid attention will notice that both sleds are Yammis, yet my sled happens to be a Doo. This was due to the ultimate bonehead play on my part. After prepping the sleds for months, making sure everything was right and that I had spare parts for all three sleds, trailmaps downloaded to my GPS, lists made of all the things I had to bring on the trail...you know...all that good stuff...I went to the gas station about 2 miles down the trail to top off the tanks for the day. I must've grabbed the wrong nozzle (there were 4 in tight row) or somebody hung them up in a reverse order, but instead of 93 octane, I pumped 2 gallons on diesel into my tank! Made it about another mile down the trail before she quit...I couldn't figure out wtf was going on...brought it over to Burt Lake Marina (local Doo dealer), he couldn't figure out what was wrong either. The machine will run, but at about 4k, falls on it's face and needs to be choked, then at 5k and above, runs like a charm! There's JUUUUST enough bad stuff in there to screw up the ratio, and, of course, you couldn't smell it or anything due to the 9+ gallons of good stuff. Anyway, I left the Doo behind and rode the trusty 1998 SRX (that had only 2800 miles on it!) all week, and it ran like a champ. Picked the Doo up on the way home and when I loaded it in the trailer, just watching it smoke and smelling the exhaust, I was sure I made the diesel mistake...took it to the dealer in K-Zoo where I bought it and told them what I did...hopefully I'll get it back by next Friday. I figure this $hit only happens to my own dumb a$$, but that's what makes life fun, right? :ack2:

MILD THUNDER
01-05-2009, 03:10 PM
I know ski doo had a motor called "power-tek 800" I did not know they made one called "powerstroke 800"!

$hit happens, we all been there! Glad to hear its figured out at least.

redhotsommer
01-05-2009, 03:33 PM
I like that...Powerstroke 800! Diesel is all ya need to make a Ski-Doo into a Ski-Don't.

Couple more pics from our day at the beach on Lake Superior...

Last one is at the gas station at Grand Marias...only gas for like a 30 mile radius made it quite popular!

MILD THUNDER
01-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Cool pics, looks like fun! That pic of the beach gave me a flashback to 4th of july! Maybe all you needed was some of this stuff and you coulda been good to go!

Magic Medicine
01-05-2009, 07:35 PM
That gas station in Grand Marias is a gold mine. It was busy last time I was there. Cools pics Mike

Tony M
01-06-2009, 09:46 AM
Have been with , very cool picture of the Lake and and that cliff. :drool5::drool5::drool5::drool5::drool5:

redhotsommer
01-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Caddy this weekend, boys and girls! Myself, BZ, BBobb and AndyB...so I guess it's me and the B's!

Magic Medicine
01-08-2009, 11:42 AM
Caddy this weekend, boys and girls! Myself, BZ, BBobb and AndyB...so I guess it's me and the B's!

Is your sled going to be done????? Call me when you get a chance.

Tony M
01-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Caddy this weekend, boys and girls! Myself, BZ, BBobb and AndyB...so I guess it's me and the B's! Friday night is when I can make my call , Do to all this Snow that's coming in to night there talking about 6 to 9" up @ my turn around in Osseo Wi , :ack2: that could be a blessing in disguise , might run out of hour's by Friday morning then for sure I'll be in , :drool5: sucks but that's the way it goes !!! :sifone:

baronmarine
01-09-2009, 11:48 AM

you lucky dog.
i've only been riding once in mid december. sheri was been sick the last couple of weeks. i sure hope to get up there next week.

todd

Tony M
01-10-2009, 06:42 AM
I Think we may need to post proper directions to get to and from CADDY SO AS WE DON'T HAVE SOME POOR MISGUIED ! S H E E P!! WHICH MAY BECOME L O S T ! OR DESORENTED THIS COULD LEAD TO SOME IN BEAR A$$ MENT ? Hell-O !! is there any body OUT THERE ??

redhotsommer
01-11-2009, 05:36 PM
They made it just fine...just a little longer trip down the side roads they they wanted.
And then there was Friday night's ride...within the first 5 miles, BZ gets lost, scared and goes home, we look for him, nearly run out of gas, find out he went back to the cabin, go back to get him....and AndyB smacks a tree and totals his F6. What is it about these Cats wanting to climb trees? I'll post pics tomorrow of the Kitty Litter.

MILD THUNDER
01-11-2009, 06:06 PM
You guys ditched BZ? Thats not right! You guys made him so scared, he puked!

Mike, your texts friday nite were makin me worry! Sounded like there was some definite foolery going on! Sorry I missed it!

Glad to hear Andy B is ok. Sucks about the sled, but hey, thats what insurance is for right.

Tony M
01-11-2009, 06:07 PM
They made it just fine...just a little longer trip down the side roads they they wanted.
And then there was Friday night's ride...within the first 5 miles, BZ gets lost, scared and goes home, we look for him, nearly run out of gas, find out he went back to the cabin, go back to get him....and AndyB smacks a tree and totals his F6. What is it about these Cats wanting to climb trees? I'll post pics tomorrow of the Kitty Litter. CHEEZ WHIZZ YOU MAY HAVE BEEN RIGHT , ABOUT ME STAYING HOME AND TAKEING CARE OF MY THINGS AT HOME , WELL HOPE NO ONE GOT HURT , WHEN THE CAT CLIMB THE TREE , sounds like that old book about the cat in the hat , DID MANAGE TO GET OUT ON MY BIG SOLO RUN ! @ TURTLE HEAD , got a chance to blow off some steam an a little gas on Sunday , seems like the (SLED) gets with the program after about 75 and before I know it I'm into triples , no room to find out what its capable of yet. :drool5:

Tony M
01-11-2009, 06:25 PM
You guys ditched BZ

Mike, your texts friday nite were makin me worry! Sounded like there was some definite foolery going on! Sorry I missed it!

Glad to hear Andy B is ok. Sucks about the sled, but hey, thats what insurance is for right. PICTURE THIS B Z AND THE MOVIE DLIVERANCE , (I WANT YOU TO SQUEAL LIKE A H O G , BOY!!!!):leaving::sifone:

OBNOXUS
01-11-2009, 11:28 PM
Hey,,,, at least the Cat runs long enough to hit a tree !!!!

redhotsommer
01-12-2009, 06:59 AM
Well, we figure it was either a Cat thing (Andy B and Cheryl), or there was also the possibility that the pants B was wearing were cursed...he bummed them off Parello, who crashed his rental sled last year in St. Germain.

OBNOXUS
01-12-2009, 12:24 PM
So,,,, what your saying,,,, is Andy got into Parellos pants !!!!!?????

Tony M
01-12-2009, 02:11 PM
So,,,, what your saying,,,, is Andy got into Parellos pants !!!!!????? AND concern about going to Caddy with you people , over the summer one guy took off after banana hanmock guy now two other guys are getting into each others P A N T S !!!!??? JUST OH TOO WRONG !! :boxing_smiley::puke:

MILD THUNDER
01-12-2009, 03:23 PM
So,,,, what your saying,,,, is Andy got into Parellos pants !!!!!?????

Yes, and then soiled Parellos pants........

redhotsommer
01-12-2009, 03:47 PM
So, this was my first time as a leader of a group (other than just Michelle and I), and within the first 10 miles, we lose one guy, nearly run out of gas with the other two guys, and total a sled. Anybody else need a good trail boss? I'm available in two weeks!

On a positive note, nobody crashed the next day and I got us exactly where we were supposed to go all day long!

redhotsommer
01-13-2009, 08:21 AM
Some Caddy pics...it was BZ, Kool-Aid Man (BBobb), and Andy B (The REAL Cat-Killer).

redhotsommer
01-13-2009, 08:25 AM
And here's AndyB's sled...Kitty Litter...Arctic Scrap...

Magic Medicine
01-13-2009, 09:53 AM
Ouch, that kitty looks like its in pain.

redhotsommer
01-13-2009, 10:42 AM
Oh no...it was a quick, painless death.

B.Z.
01-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Andy B.=the new "Cat Killer"

dwtinc
01-13-2009, 03:05 PM
Ouch

redhotsommer
01-13-2009, 03:20 PM
I was just thinking...our track record on the snow is not very good in Team Bad Influence....

Last year....
...I blew the primary clutch on MM's old SkiDoo, resulting in two hell-rides as a passenger on both MM's Apex and Hammer's Crossfire
...MM almost takes a pickup truck head-on while racing Hammer (with my unwilling a$$ on the back)
...Michelle rolls the SRX
...W-arm breaks on my SRX and trashes the rail, one sled down, so I buy the Vector.
...Lock up a piston on my Doo, two sleds down, trade it in on my XP
...Cheryl does Squirrel imitation, tries to climb tree with Sabrecat 600 (FAIL), 3 sleds down
...Parello rents REV and runs REV into a tree in St. Germain, 4 sleds down
...Little D's buddy Mark kills his 800 REV (locked up a cylinder), 5 sleds down
...Eddie busts W-arm on his ZR, 6 sleds down
THIS YEAR...
...I miss first trip due to Vector f-up
...I put diesel in XP, screwing up Munising trip a bit
...Andy B performs Cat Killer manuver on his F6 (7 sleds down)
...MM Andy sees if his Yami can swim (8 sleds down)

TONY and JOE....are you ABSOLUTELY SURE you wanna ride with us?

Magic Medicine
01-13-2009, 05:19 PM
I was just thinking...our track record on the snow is not very good in Team Bad Influence....

Last year....
...I blew the primary clutch on MM's old SkiDoo, resulting in two hell-rides as a passenger on both MM's Apex and Hammer's Crossfire
...MM almost takes a pickup truck head-on while racing Hammer (with my unwilling a$$ on the back)
...W-arm breaks on my SRX and trashes the rail, one sled down, so I buy the Vector.
...Cheryl does Squirrel imitation, tries to climb tree with Sabrecat 600 (FAIL), 3 sleds down
THIS YEAR...

All in riding bro, mines in surgery as we speak, who knows if it will live. :banghead::huh:

StraightJacket
01-13-2009, 05:41 PM

Last year....
THIS YEAR...

AND you guys wonder why I don't want to buy a freaking SLED

Tony M
01-13-2009, 06:08 PM
AND you guys wonder why I don't want to buy a freaking SLED BRING OUT THE P.... WORD AGAIN ! ALL THAT MONEY IS GOING TO WAST ON A MISTRY, AND IT WILL BE DONE WHEN, SPEND A LITTLE AND BE WITH THE REAL GUYS !! HAVING FUNN . :26: :sifone:

dwtinc
01-13-2009, 06:52 PM
I am glad we don't have the snow for it

Tony M
01-17-2009, 06:32 PM

Last year....
THIS YEAR...

TONY and JOE....are you ABSOLUTELY SURE you wanna ride with us? G E T ANYONE OF MY TRUCKS OUT OF A SHOP , This friday am jeep takes a $hit (cam problems) Satuday am bring home the V10 from the garage park it on the driveway gets snow cover thaw out winsheild go to the vet with the hound come out the F-ing winsheild has one long crack across the bottom , now I'm down to the 52 D.P.W. winch problems but the F er will runn just not @ hyway speeds, soon i'll be down to my[ trusty 5spd 27" MURRY], I CANT EVEN GET OFF THE PORCH WITH MY $HITT !!!!:blush5: :( :leaving: W . T . F .

OBNOXUS
01-17-2009, 10:32 PM
You drive Fords, and Chrysler products,,,,,, what the hell do you expect !!!???

MILD THUNDER
01-18-2009, 02:36 AM
Went up to the Niles area today with BZ, BBOBB, and lil D. We had a good day, the tow strap only came out once, lost BZ but found him cruising thru a random subdivision, met the local sheriffs dept, somehow our group was detained for about 30 minutes doing business with them, and a freak blizzard on the ride back to chi-town. Got to see BZ do some off trail ridin with his new high performance powder skis. Good times

Magic Medicine
01-18-2009, 01:14 PM
You drive Fords, and Chrysler products,,,,,, what the hell do you expect !!!???

This coming from a man whos truck is scared to leave the garage.

Tony M
01-18-2009, 01:49 PM
Went up to the Niles area today with BZ, BBOBB, and lil D. We had a good day, the tow strap only came out once, lost BZ but found him cruising thru a random subdivision, met the local sheriffs dept, somehow our group was detained for about 30 minutes doing business with them, and a freak blizzard on the ride back to chi-town. Got to see BZ do some off trail ridin with his new high performance powder skis. Good times SEAMS TO HAVE problems every time he goes out , Which Way Did They Go George, Which Way Did OH $hit it's the COPS. :dupe: :sifone:

Tony M
01-18-2009, 02:01 PM
This coming from a man whos truck is scared to leave the garage. I JUST CONSIDER THE SORCE !:puke:

Playn
01-18-2009, 07:04 PM
This Wednesday a small group of us headed from Houghton Lake, MI up to the bridge and back. Left about 10am and got back around midnight. Had a couple probs but rebuilt a clutch in a bar along the way and all was good again. 275 miles with the temps ranging from -10 to -23. The trails were beautiful!

Playn
01-18-2009, 07:05 PM
A couple more...

B.Z.
01-19-2009, 02:44 AM
Awsome pictures.....now who is going to St. Germain for the radar run next week-end?????

Nykamp
01-19-2009, 05:50 AM
Theres great snow in the Iron's area, they got 10" last week and another 10" saturady. We have been riding every weekend for the past 4 weeks.

Magic Medicine
01-19-2009, 09:11 AM
Great pics, the ride to the bridge is fun. Nice long trip from HL. Hope to be up north soon!

OBNOXUS
01-19-2009, 11:35 AM
This coming from a man whos truck is scared to leave the garage.

Heck no,,,,, it will come out any sunny 80 degree day !!!!! :26:

OBNOXUS
01-19-2009, 11:36 AM
Its been out with snow on the graound,,,, see !!!!!

Magic Medicine
01-19-2009, 11:46 AM
Heck no,,,,, it will come out any sunny 80 degree day !!!!! :26:

Nice, cleanest garage queen ever!:26:

StraightJacket
01-19-2009, 12:16 PM
Its been out with snow on the graound,,,, see !!!!!

You taking spelling lessons from Tony? :dupe:

StraightJacket
01-19-2009, 12:16 PM
Maybe you guys should BZ a GPS to take with him

Tony M
01-19-2009, 01:27 PM
Maybe you guys should BZ a GPS to take with him SHOULD GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND LEARN HOW TO WRITE A COMPLEAT SENTANCE ! Mr S/A$$ :boxing_smiley: :sifone:

OBNOXUS
01-19-2009, 08:49 PM
you taking spelling lessons from tony? :dupe:

you bvetcha

redhotsommer
01-20-2009, 08:15 AM
Had a great weekend at Gogebic Lodge with Hammer and crew. Talk about SNOW! People at the gas station in Mariensco told us they just about QUIT plowing the roads because it never lasts. Trails were absolutely perfect, hardly a bump. We also found our group "donating" to the Michigan DNR (not me...Hammer on Johnny D's sled - no reg on board!). Hammer's Crossfire had some clutch issues, and John's F7 had the cover for the recoil come apart (again), but it was trouble-free for the most part.

The bar at Gogebic Lodge had a good weekend as well!

Tony M
01-20-2009, 09:58 AM
Had a great weekend at Gogebic Lodge with Hammer and crew. Talk about SNOW! People at the gas station in Mariensco told us they just about QUIT plowing the roads because it never lasts. Trails were absolutely perfect, hardly a bump. We also found our group "donating" to the Michigan DNR (not me...Hammer on Johnny D's sled - no reg on board!). Hammer's Crossfire had some clutch issues, and John's F7 had the cover for the recoil come apart (again), but it was trouble-free for the most part.

The bar at Gogebic Lodge had a good weekend as well! GO WITH you guys seem to have more fun scaring the $ith out of all the little kids & the moms and dads in the forest groves going down the hills in there tubes and there red fliers, [ STRIGHTJACKET WAS AT THE ONE ON A 104th av with his mom & dad ] :sifone: He does have his Red Flier. :03:

Warlock28SXT
01-20-2009, 10:08 AM
Awsome pictures.....now who is going to St. Germain for the radar run next week-end?????

I'm headding to Eagle River Thursday night. Planing on being up around midnight ride the weekend and head home on Monday. The radar run has a practice day Friday and the event is on Saturday. Probably going on Saturday.

B.Z.
01-20-2009, 02:09 PM
I'm headding to Eagle River Thursday night. Planing on being up around midnight ride the weekend and head home on Monday. The radar run has a practice day Friday and the event is on Saturday. Probably going on Saturday.

We will be there with a whole crew......BZ

Warlock28SXT
01-20-2009, 02:19 PM
We will be there with a whole crew......BZ

We have 6 for sure and a few maybe's. I'll be the guy on the 01 SRX:D
I look forward to meeting you guys.
Jason

redhotsommer
01-20-2009, 02:36 PM
BZ will be the guy that looks like this...

redhotsommer
01-20-2009, 02:39 PM
And he will be with the dude that is running this SRX...

Jury is still out on whether I'm gonna be there or up in Coloma...

Warlock28SXT
01-20-2009, 03:56 PM
OK so it was a poor attempt at humor. It will be good to meet some of the people with a common interest in performance boating while snowmobiling:biggrinjester: poor attempt #2

Warlock28SXT
01-20-2009, 08:40 PM
B.Z. it was good talking to you today. See you guys this weekend.

Playn
01-20-2009, 09:48 PM
Great pics, the ride to the bridge is fun. Nice long trip from HL. Hope to be up north soon!

Thanks. It was a great trip. Next up is a ride from Houghton Lake to Newberry then back the next day. :)

Magic Medicine
01-21-2009, 09:40 AM
Thanks. It was a great trip. Next up is a ride from Houghton Lake to Newberry then back the next day. :)

Now that sounds like fun, from what I have been reading is doesn't seem like many are crossing the bridge this winter. Sounds like the UP has some great riding.

Magic Medicine
01-22-2009, 11:38 AM
The Apex is ready to rock!

OBNOXUS
01-22-2009, 01:41 PM
Complete with new snorkle kit !!!!

redhotsommer
01-22-2009, 02:02 PM
Andy will be easy to spot on the trails this weekend...he'll be the one with the life jacket on.

Magic Medicine
01-22-2009, 02:35 PM
Andy will be easy to spot on the trails this weekend...he'll be the one with the life jacket on.

I being riding so fast noboby will be able to see me:sifone::26::seeya:

Warlock28SXT
01-22-2009, 02:41 PM

After all it is a Yammi:sifone:

Twin Whackas
01-22-2009, 03:43 PM
Andy heard there were submarine races going on Pine Lake that night so he thought he would go and become a spectator. Or maybe he just thought there was some miller lite under the ice :rofl:

redhotsommer
01-22-2009, 04:00 PM
I'm leaning towards the latter explanation...

redhotsommer
01-22-2009, 04:00 PM

True dat. It'll be DAMN hard to see you under the ice. :26:

StraightJacket
01-22-2009, 06:28 PM
You guys crack me up.... Why would I want to get any other friends when you all are so damn entertaining

WETTE VETTE
01-24-2009, 12:56 AM
The Apex is ready to rock!

Hopefully a relatively inexpensive fix!

Offshore Ginger
01-25-2009, 06:11 AM
Has anyone been at TUP-TOWN and how was it ?:)

OBNOXUS
01-25-2009, 10:20 AM
Bunch of guys went,,, got the report last night,,,,, 2 sleds blew up,,,,, one was stolen fri night and found sat morning slammed into a tree.

We are hoping the guy got REALLY hurt

Offshore Ginger
01-25-2009, 05:01 PM
Anybody going to be in the Baldwin , Irons and Caddy area ,from Sun to Thur next week , just curious and can anybody tell me how the trails have been .:)

Nykamp
01-25-2009, 06:26 PM
Irons area was great this past friday, saturday was a total zoo, and the trails near baldwin where getting beat up.

redhotsommer
01-25-2009, 08:56 PM
For the record, D, those clowns weren't at Tip-Up-Town...they were in St. Germain for the radar run when that stuff went down.

Magic Medicine, Twin Whakas and I were in Caddy this weekend. And you are right on, there Nykamp...MM and I were ROCKIN' the trails in Irons on Friday afternoon...those suckers are TIGHT.

chris sunsation
01-26-2009, 08:15 AM
My Dad and his buddies were up riding this past weekend and one guy had a really bad day!

Magic- it "WAS" a Yamaha

P.S. the sled was equipped with NOS

redhotsommer
01-26-2009, 09:15 AM
YOWZA!

Apparently, a couple others had worse days in Caddy this weekend...I saw on HardCoreSledder that two guys died up there this wknd in separate incidents. Andy came within INCHES of a head-on with some a-hole on an RX-1 that was on our side of the trail on a blind corner.

Magic Medicine
01-26-2009, 10:04 AM
Hopefully a relatively inexpensive fix!

Yep I tell you about next time I see you.

Magic Medicine
01-26-2009, 10:07 AM
My Dad and his buddies were up riding this past weekend and one guy had a really bad day!

Magic- it "WAS" a Yamaha

P.S. the sled was equipped with NOS

Yikes, why my sled will never have it, at least on the trails, got your message I will call you today. I was riding or sitting at the bar when I got your message, probably at the bar!

Trails in Caddy and Irons were great, packed as hell, almost got hit head on 7 times saturday, I guess that's what you get being the lead guy!:(

Magic Medicine
01-26-2009, 10:31 AM
Bunch of guys went,,, got the report last night,,,,, 2 sleds blew up,,,,, one was stolen fri night and found sat morning slammed into a tree.

Due tell more?

B.Z.
01-26-2009, 12:34 PM
too much to type.....LOL

Sydwayz
01-26-2009, 12:41 PM
Hey guys, I hope you don't mind me jumping in with a question...

I just bought an Arctiva Mechanized jacket and bibs setup from DennisKirk. The sizing appeared best for me, and I made Dennis Kirk "beat it by a buck" and saved well over 30% by competitive shopping on the web. I also liked how the jacket and bibs hook together should you so choose.

Anything I need to worry about with that gear?

Mary Sue and I are heading up to Old Forge NY in a couple weeks for weekend of sledding & bed'n'breakfast. I really have not kept up with the sport since I moved out of the midwest in 1992; other than one weekend in Maine a few years ago. I can't wait to get some great sledding in.

redhotsommer
01-26-2009, 01:13 PM
Bri-
I've got an Arctiva jacket and it's great. Blocks the wind just fine, and isn't too bulky. Haven't been cold at all this year, and it was -6 when we rode Saturday night. I wear Ride snowboard pants, so I can't vouch for the bibs, but I'd assume they perform similarly.

Have fun out there, and BE CAREFUL! Oh...and if you happen to be riding a Ski Doo...make sure you wear your lanyard!

Sydwayz
01-26-2009, 02:07 PM
Bri-
I've got an Arctiva jacket and it's great. Blocks the wind just fine, and isn't too bulky. Haven't been cold at all this year, and it was -6 when we rode Saturday night. I wear Ride snowboard pants, so I can't vouch for the bibs, but I'd assume they perform similarly.

Have fun out there, and BE CAREFUL! Oh...and if you happen to be riding a Ski Doo...make sure you wear your lanyard!

Rev 600 and its a RENTAL! :D :D I'm bulletproof!

Magic Medicine
01-26-2009, 04:00 PM
Rev 600 and its a RENTAL! :D :D I'm bulletproof!

That what they all say:boxing_smiley:

MILD THUNDER
01-26-2009, 08:30 PM

Im glad my sled stayed home resting! Hell, if anyone stole mine, the vibrations might have put them to sleep on the trail, so they wouldnt have gotten far!

Ill be up at this place this weekend, if anyone cares to join in.......

http://www.thefourseasonsclub.com/

redhotsommer
01-28-2009, 11:06 AM
Michelle and I will be riding in Coloma Saturday if anybody want's to go for a day trip...

Magic Medicine
01-28-2009, 12:42 PM
Michelle and I will be riding in Coloma Saturday if anybody want's to go for a day trip...

I think my boys might be in touch.

Twin Whackas
01-28-2009, 05:52 PM

Nice riding with you last weekend. How is the riding around Coloma? Are there trails or is it field type riding? I am thinking about just riding around home this weekend, but Coloma isn't that far of a drive for me.

Tony M
01-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Michelle and I will be riding in Coloma Saturday if anybody want's to go for a day trip... let me know for sure , an what time your leaveing , on Saturday or what ever going on give a yell on my cell or P.M. me , Thank's !:drool5:

Kool-Aid Man
01-28-2009, 06:48 PM
I think I can jump the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offshore Ginger
01-28-2009, 07:29 PM
I am heading back up to Irons this mon, just me and the wife till Thur and i am hoping that it will be just the two of us on the trails after Super Bowl Sunday :26::26:

baronmarine
01-28-2009, 08:28 PM
I am heading back up to Irons this mon, just me and the wife till Thur and i am hoping that it will be just the two of us on the trails after Super Bowl Sunday :26::26:

art you lucky s.o.b. lol
have fun.

todd

redhotsommer
01-28-2009, 09:07 PM
Tony...I let you know what we do, but the plan either way will be us hitting the M-140 trailhead by 9 or 10 Saturday morning. Probably ride all day, and we might spend the night at my parent's lake house (plenty of room if anybody wants to crash as well).

Mike - Andy says LaPorte ditch-bangin' is better than Coloma, but I'm hittin' MI cuz I loves me some Keeler Keg. Hit me up if you guys wanna join us...won't be nearly as much smoke this weekend, I promise!

Brian - I LOVE the avatar dude!

Magic Medicine
01-29-2009, 09:26 AM
Tony...I let you know what we do, but the plan either way will be us hitting the M-140 trailhead by 9 or 10 Saturday morning. Probably ride all day, and we might spend the night at my parent's lake house (plenty of room if anybody wants to crash as well).

Mike - Andy says LaPorte ditch-bangin' is better than Coloma, but I'm hittin' MI cuz I loves me some Keeler Keg. Hit me up if you guys wanna join us...won't be nearly as much smoke this weekend, I promise!

Brian - I LOVE the avatar dude!

Smoke, I didn't realize I was riding so fast that I was burning up the snow:26: Well its off to South Beach in 2 hours. Be ready to ride next weekend.

redhotsommer
01-29-2009, 09:43 AM
Uhh...if it was caused by your riding, it would've been STEAM. I had to wash my hair twice to get the damn cigarette stench out...not to mention I've had a sore throat all week. I can't wait until Michigan gets with the times and bans that $hit in bars.

Tony M
01-29-2009, 09:58 AM
i think i can jump the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

of how to climb t r e e' s go kitty kat go! Watch out for that tree!! :26:

Magic Medicine
01-29-2009, 10:13 AM
Uhh...if it was caused by your riding, it would've been STEAM. I had to wash my hair twice to get the damn cigarette stench out...not to mention I've had a sore throat all week. I can't wait until Michigan gets with the times and bans that $hit in bars.

You want some cheeze wit that wine, sorry bud didn't mean to mess up your ultra healthy lifestyle:sifone:

Tony M
01-31-2009, 11:21 PM
DONT MINE ME SAYING MY TOUR GUIDE AND FAMILY SPANK MY GOOD OLD ROYAL AMERICAN, A$Z WHOPPING, HAD LOTS A FUN, LOTS OF RIDE TIME, AND NO REAL PROBLEMS , [TREES AND etc] , glasses got scrach by owners big dam foot was a good laugh ! T H A N K S ! HIPPY KID !

OBNOXUS
01-31-2009, 11:37 PM
wow,,, no way,,,, you actually used your sled !!!!????

Tony M
02-01-2009, 09:03 AM
wow,,, no way,,,, you actually used your sled !!!!???? AND still did not change the carbides, but work out O K ! , also need to pull the plugs to check the burn on the tips - need a good clutch guy, also smells like it's running rich, will find out when I pull the plugs. :sifone:

redhotsommer
02-01-2009, 01:51 PM
Great day...other than the SRX busting a gear and splitting the chaincase (at least that's my current diagnosis). Freakin' chain lube smells just like the gear lube you smell when you blow a drive...I HATE that smell! At least it happened right next to a major highway...we were able to run it over to a snowbank and up into the truck, but the grinding noise was pretty awful. My dad then rode the Vector and Michelle and I two-upped on the XP. And this was after Tony stepped on his own glasses. All in all, a good day, however...trails were BEAT by the time we got back...and it's melting pretty good today.

OBNOXUS
02-01-2009, 02:48 PM
I REALLY dont miss sledding !!!!!!!

Tony M
02-01-2009, 04:04 PM
I REALLY dont miss sledding !!!!!!!Hero but your so full , WILL JUST LET IT GO, PUSS BOY!:sifone:

MILD THUNDER
02-01-2009, 06:43 PM
Just got home from my little trip. Sleds ran great! Rode from pembine to florence, then over to norway, back down to pembine area. Trails were the best I have ridden yet. The resort is REALLY nice. They have 2 bars, 2 restaurants, a ice cream parlor, indoor pool, golf course, cabins for rent too. Classy joynt, and very reasonable.

redhotsommer
02-02-2009, 08:00 AM
Yeah...I checked out that link...looks waaaaaaay to nice for our crew! We roll Peterson Creek style...with rock-solid mattresses, no TV, and using the stove for heat when the furnace quits! How far of a drive was Pembine, Joe?

Oh...and for any that may be interested...Michelle and I are heading back up to Munising for President's Day weekend...Feb. 13-16. Staying at the Day's Inn again.

MILD THUNDER
02-02-2009, 10:58 AM
Mike, its 300 miles to Pembine area. I made it back in 5 hours, with a stop for fuel. Cool thing about pembine, is that you can pretty much go anywhere from there. That weekend you and michelle are going to munising, we are going to to pembine. Parking the truck there on thurs morning, and heading to lake Gogebic by sled. Staying at gogebic till sat morning, then back to pembine. Come home sunday.

They dont show it on this map, but its about 30 miles south on the trails from iron mountain area.

http://www.fishweb.com/recreation/snowmobile/trails/wup.html

OBNOXUS
02-02-2009, 11:36 AM
We roll Peterson Creek style...with rock-solid mattresses, no TV, and using the stove for heat when the furnace quits!

NO WE DONT,,,, NO WE DONT !!!!!!!! NEVER AGAIN,,,,,,,,,,,,, COYOTE CROSSING only!!!!!!!

B.Z.
02-02-2009, 02:22 PM
I was thinking of doing the Caddie thing on Feb. 13+14 ????

StraightJacket
02-02-2009, 03:00 PM
I'll be in New Orleans for Mardi Gras where its warm

OBNOXUS
02-02-2009, 04:57 PM
I was thinking of doing the Caddie thing on Feb. 13+14 ????

Miami boat show weekend

Tony M
02-02-2009, 05:44 PM
F e b 22nd thru 29th vacation week open !!!

B.Z.
02-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Miami boat show weekend

I thought about that 2!!!!!

redhotsommer
02-04-2009, 11:57 AM
Takin' this weekend OFF! First one all year...just going to sit around and relax...either that or go snowboarding or biking, depending on the weather!

OBNOXUS
02-04-2009, 04:50 PM
Takin' this weekend OFF! First one all year...just going to sit around and relax...either that or go snowboarding or biking, depending on the weather!

Look at it this way,,,,, you wont break your sleds for a change !!!!

redhotsommer
02-04-2009, 08:45 PM
I haven't had a problem with breaking except for the 10-year-old SRX...talk to the Arctic Cat boys!

StraightJacket
02-05-2009, 12:58 AM
I haven't had a problem with breaking except for the 10-year-old SRX...talk to the Arctic Cat boys!

The diesel fuel doesn't count?

redhotsommer
02-05-2009, 07:42 AM
Didn't really break anything there...so no.

OBNOXUS
02-05-2009, 09:29 AM
Ladies and gentleman..our own Hippie Kid has invented the worlds first diesel snowmobile !!!!!

Tony M
02-05-2009, 09:36 AM
52 M O R E D A Y 'S PEOPLE AND IT'S PLAY TIME AGAIN !!! [ at lease for some of] , US, OTHER'S ARE STILL PRAYING THAT THERE MASTER PEACE WILL COME TO GETHER THIS " Y E A R" !

redhotsommer
02-05-2009, 10:00 AM
Ladies and gentleman..our own Hippie Kid has invented the worlds first diesel snowmobile !!!!!

Shut up and order my boat parts, dick!

Magic Medicine
02-09-2009, 10:23 AM
NO WE DONT,,,, NO WE DONT !!!!!!!! NEVER AGAIN,,,,,,,,,,,,, COYOTE CROSSING only!!!!!!!

You have no sled so your input means nothing.

Magic Medicine
02-09-2009, 10:24 AM
I thought about that 2!!!!!

Any word on the 46 RR?

Magic Medicine
02-09-2009, 10:27 AM
Well back from Miami and 5 days in the Eastern UP. Both places rocked, and my liver really hurts. On the UP trip we had a damaged F7 and a damaged rider on a Dragon. Nothing a few dozen beers, a roll of duct tape, some zip ties, a few screws, a couple of gussets and some Budweiser engineering couldn't handle. I am glad to be home!

Tony M
02-09-2009, 11:07 AM
Got a chance to pull my plugs all look like normel burn with a lite brown on insulators ,and no real carbon build up, now who's got a GOOD clutch guy with in reason of are area . P.M me or use my cell phone , THANK'S

redhotsommer
02-09-2009, 11:09 AM
Since it's gettin' warm and the season is winding down...here's a storage option for you guys that ain't got none...

My wife's coworker has a barn available south of the city for anyone interested in storing 2 or 4 place trailers....here's the info, give her a call.

Summer Storage at Sandbir Ridge

Don’t let those snow mobiles get in your way of mowing this summer or clutter your garage.

Call for reasonable, secure, indoor storage.
One mile west of Chebanse off of Interstate 57.
May 15th until October 15th
Single cart : $75: Double cart : $150
Ellen Rohlwing Home: 815-697-2261

redhotsommer
02-09-2009, 11:11 AM
I'm heading for Munising Friday afternoon, coming home Monday, and hitting Breckenridge from Tues-Sun...can't WAIT!!!

OBNOXUS
02-09-2009, 11:26 AM
You have no sled so your input means nothing.

Im gonna ride Tonys,,,,, he never uses the d@mn thing anyway !!!!!!!

Tony M
02-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Im gonna ride Tonys,,,,, he never uses the d@mn thing anyway !!!!!!! HA ! HA!!! VERRY FUNNY! NOW WHAT ABOUT A CLUTCH PERSON , MR OBNOXUS!! :leaving: :seeya:

Tony M
02-09-2009, 11:39 AM
I'm heading for Munising Friday afternoon, coming home Monday, and hitting Breckenridge from Tues-Sun...can't WAIT!!! GET ALL the fun stuff done now because later this year will all be collecting State checks!:sifone:

Tony M
02-09-2009, 11:44 AM
Since it's gettin' warm and the season is winding down...here's a storage option for you guys that ain't got none...

My wife's coworker has a barn available south of the city for anyone interested in storing 2 or 4 place trailers....here's the info, give her a call.

Summer Storage at Sandbir Ridge

Don’t let those snow mobiles get in your way of mowing this summer or clutter your garage.

Call for reasonable, secure, indoor storage.
One mile west of Chebanse off of Interstate 57.
May 15th until October 15th
Single cart : $75: Double cart : $150
Ellen Rohlwing Home: 815-697-2261 I'am sure your wife would aprove of your English!:sifone:

redhotsommer
02-09-2009, 11:54 AM
I didn't write that copy, Captain Spellcheck.

Tony M
02-09-2009, 11:59 AM
I didn't write that copy, Captain Spellcheck. thick around Here ! nothing to do except Jag! each Other ? :sifone:

Tony M
02-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Im gonna ride Tonys,,,,, he never uses the d@mn thing anyway !!!!!!! would you like to buy it! :leaving::sifone:

OBNOXUS
02-09-2009, 12:24 PM
NOW WHAT ABOUT A CLUTCH PERSON , MR OBNOXUS!! :leaving: :seeya:

:huh::confused:

redhotsommer
02-09-2009, 12:37 PM
Tony...Dennis doesn't know anything about snowmobiles except how to buy them cheap and sell them for a profit...and KINDA ride them...so he won't know a clutch guy. The place I mentioned this weekend is this guy: http://www.goodwinperformance.com/
I know he does Cat and Doo...not too sure about Yami, but might be worth a call.

Tony M
02-09-2009, 12:50 PM
Tony...Dennis doesn't know anything about snowmobiles except how to buy them cheap and sell them for a profit...and KINDA ride them...so he won't know a clutch guy. The place I mentioned this weekend is this guy: http://www.goodwinperformance.com/
I know he does Cat and Doo...not too sure about Yami, but might be worth a call. I new we talked about it but did not pull the plugs till late last night so now it's time to check that clutch , Thank's !!!!!:drool5:

Tony M
02-09-2009, 01:11 PM
Yes they do Yami's . Thank's !!:sifone:

Magic Medicine
02-09-2009, 06:27 PM
Tony,

Allen Ulmer is the best Clutch guy for Yami's. Ulmerracing.com

Tony M
02-10-2009, 05:13 PM
Tony,

Allen Ulmer is the best Clutch guy for Yami's. Ulmerracing.com BUT HE IS a little to far away! for a check out .:sifone:

Magic Medicine
02-10-2009, 06:20 PM
BUT HE IS a little to far away! for a check out .:sifone:

Ya but he can set you up with a hell of a clutch kit:26:

MILD THUNDER
02-10-2009, 10:26 PM
I would think that yamahas clutches should be similiar in theory to a polaris clutch. If you have a real high engagement, like it sounds like tony does, its more than likely someone put in a real stiff primary spring. If the rpm at wot are on, he may just need to swap to a softer spring. However, if his rpms at wot are off the mark, he may need to play with weights, helix, etc. I put a real high engagement spring in before, and it sucked ass going slow thru towns, or on the atv type trails.

Tony M
02-11-2009, 09:31 AM
I would think that yamahas clutches should be similiar in theory to a polaris clutch. If you have a real high engagement, like it sounds like tony does, its more than likely someone put in a real stiff primary spring. If the rpm at wot are on, he may just need to swap to a softer spring. However, if his rpms at wot are off the mark, he may need to play with weights, helix, etc. I put a real high engagement spring in before, and it sucked ass going slow thru towns, or on the atv type trails. EVER IT is i'll find out need to have someone check it out so I know this may $uck but 2nd guessing doesnt cut it ,never did with my boat ither, not committed to anything as of yet!! :sifone:

Magic Medicine
02-11-2009, 10:05 AM
Definately someone put the wrong primary spring in there, the sled would be alot better with stock clutching. It should be able to at pull 115 on the speedo.

redhotsommer
02-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Check out this cool shot Michelle took on Lake Gogebic...

Magic Medicine
02-11-2009, 12:11 PM
Cool pic, Hippie

Tony M
02-11-2009, 05:57 PM
Definately someone put the wrong primary spring in there, the sled would be alot better with stock clutching. It should be able to at pull 115 on the speedo.FOR AT LEASE $20 it does have me pi$$t.:ack2:

Magic Medicine
02-12-2009, 11:03 AM
FOR AT LEASE $20 it does have me pi$$t.:ack2:

HUH???? Ton,

You need to pull the bowls off them carbs and see what size mains are in there????

Tony M
02-14-2009, 03:40 PM
HUH???? Ton,

You need to pull the bowls off them carbs and see what size mains are in there???? Gave them the list going to check all that we talked about , the RPM ON THE CLUTCH ENGAUGEMENT/ THE JET'S /THE GEAR in it and a general look over, Even he said the clutch was a tad to high for trails, going to run it check it out then get back to me Mon or Tuesday, give you a call when I find out Whaz up !!!:leaving::seeya:

Magic Medicine
02-15-2009, 10:30 AM
Gave them the list going to check all that we talked about , the RPM ON THE CLUTCH ENGAUGEMENT/ THE JET'S /THE GEAR in it and a general look over, Even he said the clutch was a tad to high for trails, going to run it check it out then get back to me Mon or Tuesday, give you a call when I find out Whaz up !!!:leaving::seeya:

Good deal let me know what you find out???? Then you need to put some miles on that pig!

redhotsommer
02-16-2009, 09:11 PM
MILES? Yeah...I know about MILES! Munising and the UPPER UP are the only places with snow right now...even 35 miles south of there it's too thin to ride. We met up with the same couple we rode with when we were up there for New Years...250 miles Saturday (Munising to Big Bay and back), 200 miles Sunday (Munising to Marquette, then south as far as we could go and back), then another 80 miles this morning BEFORE driving 7 hours home! Not bad....530 miles in 2-1/2 days...and seriously, some of the best riding I have EVER done.

Magic Medicine
02-17-2009, 09:23 AM
MILES? Yeah...I know about MILES! Munising and the UPPER UP are the only places with snow right now...even 35 miles south of there it's too thin to ride. We met up with the same couple we rode with when we were up there for New Years...250 miles Saturday (Munising to Big Bay and back), 200 miles Sunday (Munising to Marquette, then south as far as we could go and back), then another 80 miles this morning BEFORE driving 7 hours home! Not bad....530 miles in 2-1/2 days...and seriously, some of the best riding I have EVER done.

Sounds like a some good riding. I hope to ride somewhere this weekend.

redhotsommer
02-17-2009, 09:57 AM
Sounds like Caddy might be good, dude. I'll be in Breckenridge thru Sunday, but the following weekend, if there's snow within 5 hours, we will be there.

Sunsation96
02-17-2009, 10:27 AM
Sounds like a some good riding. I hope to ride somewhere this weekend.

From what I have heard the snow sucks right now the UP I spoke to Marge @ the Sno Shu Inn and she said it's like riding on concrete no new snow in the forecast:ack2::(

Magic Medicine
02-17-2009, 10:41 AM
From what I have heard the snow sucks right now the UP I spoke to Marge @ the Sno Shu Inn and she said it's like riding on concrete no new snow in the forecast:ack2::(

Storm supposed to hit the lower tues or wed and another one for Friday. Have you even been riding yet this year?????

Sunsation96
02-18-2009, 10:05 AM
Storm supposed to hit the lower tues or wed and another one for Friday. Have you even been riding yet this year?????

I have been to Higgins Lake once and to the UP twice so far, and Lake st. clair for some testing and tunning. Not too bad this year, just learned a good lesson this year perform all maintenence and repairs at the end of the season not in the season. Just took me several years to learn. I hope they get more sonw this year.

Magic Medicine
02-18-2009, 11:28 AM
I have been to Higgins Lake once and to the UP twice so far, and Lake st. clair for some testing and tunning. Not too bad this year, just learned a good lesson this year perform all maintenence and repairs at the end of the season not in the season. Just took me several years to learn. I hope they get more sonw this year.

Looks like you use your sled as much as you use your boat. Just bustin your stones, I am hoping to get up this weekend and maybe once or twice more before its time to start the boat related projects!

Sunsation96
02-18-2009, 01:04 PM
Looks like you use your sled as much as you use your boat. Just bustin your stones, I am hoping to get up this weekend and maybe once or twice more before its time to start the boat related projects!

HAHA, Yeah I hear you there, love the sleds had fun, but ready to see my boat:drool5:. I have not seen it since Oct, 15th is when I lost visitation:rofl:
I'm dying to work on the boat

Magic Medicine
02-18-2009, 01:16 PM
HAHA, Yeah I hear you there, love the sleds had fun, but ready to see my boat:drool5:. I have not seen it since Oct, 15th is when I lost visitation:rofl:
I'm dying to work on the boat

Still want to get some riding in before I start boating projects:26:

Sunsation96
02-18-2009, 04:46 PM
Still want to get some riding in before I start boating projects:26:

Me too, put alot of monet in the beast this year and enjoying every time I get to ride. I still plan on a few more trips this year, you need to make it to the rally be some good riding

Magic Medicine
02-19-2009, 10:17 AM
Me too, put alot of monet in the beast this year and enjoying every time I get to ride. I still plan on a few more trips this year, you need to make it to the rally be some good riding

Rally??????

Sunsation96
02-19-2009, 10:28 AM
Rally??????

My bad Magic you caught it, Poker run my bad you guy's would have a blast the trails are the best you will see.

Elite Marine
02-19-2009, 08:53 PM
Here's my 4-1/2 year old on the track!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdVEeAhjKOo

Sunsation96
02-20-2009, 09:58 AM
Here's my 4-1/2 year old on the track!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdVEeAhjKOo

1. I wish I was that young again.:sifone:
2. I would rather watch the kids race than watch the pro's.
3. Nice choice of sleds:sifone:
Nice video thanks for sharing it with us, if you get anymore post them up.

MILD THUNDER
02-22-2009, 08:15 PM
Just got home from the U.P. Plan was to stay thurs nite in spread eagle, then head to lake gogebic friday and spend a nite there, and come back to spread eagle saturday.

My buddy has a XCR 700 and about 60 miles into the trip his crank busted. Thought he blew a belt, opened the hood only to find the clutch laying in the belly pan! He hitched a ride from a local in a pickup and we headed back to spread eagle. We ended up just hitting the local bars, riding 2 up on my fusion.

Tony M
02-23-2009, 07:37 AM
WISH I COULD HAVE MINE BACK ! on vacation this week , still no news on whats up as of yet .

redhotsommer
02-23-2009, 08:56 AM
Sooooo....I'm back from my vacation....where are we going next weekend?

Tony M
02-23-2009, 10:44 AM
Sooooo....I'm back from my vacation....where are we going next weekend? WISH I HAD A JOB LIKE YOURS, PARTY BOY !!!!!! :sifone: / hows the oldder sled coming along is it fixed , mine still up at GOODWINS no snow to check it out this is getting to BLOW ! :(

redhotsommer
02-23-2009, 11:51 AM
The newest sled mechanic on the block STRAIGHT JACKET put the ol' SRX back together the Thursday before we went to Munising. I took it out and ran it around the parking lot a couple times, seemed to be just fine.

So...where's the snow in Michigan? Caddy this weekend? Coloma? I'm thinking it might be the last blast...

Magic Medicine
02-23-2009, 12:08 PM
The newest sled mechanic on the block STRAIGHT JACKET put the ol' SRX back together the Thursday before we went to Munising. I took it out and ran it around the parking lot a couple times, seemed to be just fine.

So...where's the snow in Michigan? Caddy this weekend? Coloma? I'm thinking it might be the last blast...

Road Caddy over the weekend, they had a foot of fresh snow when I got there Thursday, Friday and saturday we got another 8-12". Did alot of road riding ye haw, did about 300 miles. I don't think there can be any riding had south of highway 10.

Magic Medicine
02-23-2009, 12:09 PM
O more more thing you really could not tell there was a melt down, people were riding the weekend before. Really going to take alot to kill the base in the woods!

Tony M
02-24-2009, 10:42 PM
GOT THE SLED HOME ! THEY CLEAN THE CARBS/ new plugs/ MAIN JET O RING/ WRONG PRIMARY SPRING/ 3 VACUME LINES CRACK , now it's take off @ 4000 Rs tops out @ 112 @9850 just a TAD BETTER ! THANK'S EVERYBODY ! NOW IT'S READY FOR NEXT YEAR , This Does BLOW!!!

OBNOXUS
02-25-2009, 12:31 AM
Its not like ride it anyway !!!!!!!

Tony M
02-25-2009, 06:32 AM
Its not like ride it anyway !!!!!!! "THIS GUY MUST BE A GREEK OR INDIAN " (incompleat sentance)! :boxing_smiley: :ack2:

Playn
02-25-2009, 09:01 AM
O more more thing you really could not tell there was a melt down, people were riding the weekend before. Really going to take alot to kill the base in the woods!

Trails and off trails were perfect this weekend around Houghton Lake and north.

redhotsommer
02-25-2009, 10:30 AM
That's an awesome Arctic Cat pic...I've seen them do that right before they climb trees!

Magic Medicine
02-25-2009, 11:45 AM
Ok so who's in for Caddy this weekend?

redhotsommer
02-25-2009, 11:53 AM
M and M if the weather is good. Joe might be working and BZ....well...BZ is done for the year. How 'bout TWIN WHAKAS and Keith?

Sunsation96
02-25-2009, 12:26 PM
Great pics Playn, in two weeks i'll have some great shots also!

Twin Whackas
02-25-2009, 02:14 PM
M and M if the weather is good. Joe might be working and BZ....well...BZ is done for the year. How 'bout TWIN WHAKAS and Keith?

I might be in if I get my clutch back and re-installed. TRA arms broke and are being replaced. I should know by tomorrow whether I can go or not.

Magic Medicine
02-25-2009, 04:25 PM
I might be in if I get my clutch back and re-installed. TRA arms broke and are being replaced. I should know by tomorrow whether I can go or not.

Have faith the Billy "The HillBilly" Howard will come through!

OBNOXUS
02-25-2009, 04:42 PM
"THIS GUY MUST BE A GREEK OR INDIAN " (incompleat sentance)! :boxing_smiley: :ack2:

Figured I would talk in a language you speak !!!!!!
:26:

Magic Medicine
02-25-2009, 05:15 PM

Whats BZ's deal?

a-B
02-25-2009, 05:59 PM
Whats BZ's deal?

Ya BZ, what's the deal?! :biggrinjester:

OBNOXUS
02-25-2009, 06:18 PM
Ssssshhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

redhotsommer
02-25-2009, 07:57 PM
Nuthin' a few (k) won't fix. :)

Playn
02-25-2009, 10:31 PM
Great pics Playn, in two weeks i'll have some great shots also!

Thanks. Hopefully I'll get a chance to get some more in a couple days.

Magic Medicine
02-26-2009, 09:05 AM
Ya BZ, what's the deal?! :biggrinjester:

O poor BZ, youz guyz need to quite holdin info:26:

Tony M
02-26-2009, 11:35 AM
O poor BZ, youz guyz need to quite holdin info:26:READ # 453 / HOPE EVERY will work out big buddy ! :leaving: :boxing_smiley:

Magic Medicine
02-26-2009, 12:04 PM
READ # 453 / HOPE EVERY will work out big buddy ! :leaving: :boxing_smiley:

Ya I have heard:26: Good insurance I hope

OBNOXUS
02-26-2009, 05:26 PM
Its a Yamahahahaha,,,,,, like it matters !!!!!!!

Magic Medicine
02-26-2009, 06:04 PM
Its a Yamahahahaha,,,,,, like it matters !!!!!!!

Get back to the litter box you sledless wonder:rofl:

redhotsommer
02-26-2009, 06:37 PM
And to think...I was gonna invite you this weekend Den...but you'd have to ride my spare Yamahahaha...so I rescind my invitation. :biggrinjester:

OBNOXUS
02-26-2009, 06:54 PM
DAmn,,,,, just my luck !!!!!

Should be just about time to pick something up cheap,,,,, I imagine its abouttime for people to be bailing out of them !!!!!!!

redhotsommer
02-26-2009, 10:43 PM
I know where you could pick up a nice used 40th Anniversary Apex...

Tony M
02-26-2009, 11:31 PM

Should be just about time to pick something up cheap,,,,, I imagine its abouttime for people to be bailing out of them !!!!!!! MUST BE A JEWISH B I R D !!!! :sifone: :rofl:

Magic Medicine
02-27-2009, 09:11 AM

Should be just about time to pick something up cheap,,,,, I imagine its abouttime for people to be bailing out of them !!!!!!!

Just in time to store it for the summer?????????

OBNOXUS
02-27-2009, 09:13 AM
I know where you could pick up a nice used 40th Anniversary Apex...

VERY close to my house to !!!!!!!

OBNOXUS
02-27-2009, 09:14 AM
Just in time to store it for the summer?????????

Yeah,,,, but I made money on the last 2 !!!!

Magic Medicine
02-27-2009, 10:57 AM
Yeah,,,, but I made money on the last 2 !!!!

I would rather ride it and have fun every other weekend than put a couple hundo in the pocket. Probably can't make money when you buy new:26:

redhotsommer
02-27-2009, 11:34 AM
Just thought of something kinda funny this morning...my dad borrowed Den's helmet when we went to Coloma last month...so, technically, his helmet has been riding more than he has this year.

OBNOXUS
02-27-2009, 09:02 PM
I would rather ride it and have fun every other weekend than put a couple hundo in the pocket. Probably can't make money when you buy new:26:

I cant afford new !!!!! :(

OBNOXUS
02-27-2009, 09:02 PM
Just thought of something kinda funny this morning...my dad borrowed Den's helmet when we went to Coloma last month...so, technically, his helmet has been riding more than he has this year.

Im there in spirit !!!!!

Tony M
02-28-2009, 12:12 AM
I cant afford new !!!!! :( THAT THERE $HIT IS F U N N Y ! JEW BOY . :sifone: :rofl:

Magic Medicine
03-02-2009, 09:44 AM
THAT THERE $HIT IS F U N N Y ! JEW BOY . :sifone: :rofl:

LOL:sifone: Jewlock!

Sunsation96
03-02-2009, 10:00 AM
Does anybody know on the snow outlook in Houghton Lake? heading up on Wensday night! I heading to the UP Thursday:26:

redhotsommer
03-02-2009, 11:22 AM
I think they got the snow Caddy was supposed to last week...
Caddy was ICY! And CROWDED on the trails. We had a good time, tho...Michelle was hanging with the boys w/o breakin a sweat.

Have fun in the Upper...where you going?

Magic Medicine
03-02-2009, 11:33 AM
I think they got the snow Caddy was supposed to last week...
Caddy was ICY! And CROWDED on the trails. We had a good time, tho...Michelle was hanging with the boys w/o breakin a sweat.

Have fun in the Upper...where you going?

I don't think HL got the snow that Caddy did 2 weeks ago as they are not in the Lake Effect belt, I could be wrong. Get ahold of Playn he should know, I think he rides in the area.

Good weekend of riding, I think the RTXSEX is done for the year.

OBNOXUS
03-02-2009, 11:41 PM
time to start thinking boating !!!!!!!!

redhotsommer
03-03-2009, 07:07 AM
time to start thinking boating !!!!!!!!

Uhh....yeah! Now PLEASE order my parts so I can do just that!

Tony M
03-03-2009, 07:42 AM
Uhh....yeah! Now PLEASE order my parts so I can do just that! WHAT PART'S !! OH ! YES I REMEMBER NOW. :boxing_smiley: :ack2:

OBNOXUS
03-03-2009, 10:36 AM
OK,,,,,, I tried talking you out of the Whipples,,,, but if you REALLY want them !!!!!

MILD THUNDER
03-03-2009, 10:38 AM
OK,,,,,, I tried talking you out of the Whipples,,,, but if you REALLY want them !!!!!

Now were talkin..........................:drool5:

Magic Medicine
03-03-2009, 10:55 AM

Heck with the cheap gas and no more hammond why the hell not:26:

MILD THUNDER
03-03-2009, 11:07 AM
What about yanking his 502's, stroking them to 540's, big roller cams, dry pipes, and some 950 carbs?

Or how about basic rebuilds, upgraded cam, and some B&M 250 single carb blowers? While were at it, some XR drives?

Magic Medicine
03-03-2009, 11:17 AM
What about yanking his 502's, stroking them to 540's, big roller cams, dry pipes, and some 950 carbs?

Or how about basic rebuilds, upgraded cam, and some B&M 250 single carb blowers? While were at it, some XR drives?

I am pretty Mikey wants to stay EFI, but what the hay do I know. Some warmed over 502's would look good in my boat but first things first.:sifone::26:

MILD THUNDER
03-03-2009, 11:31 AM
I like EFI, but have always had carbed boats. Never really had any issues resulting from being carbed, even with the blowers. Even my 540 with the 1050 dominator and no choke, started and idled like a stock 330.

lol, Andy, remember when bbob ran outta gas and we idled that long way back to the harbor, if our motors we're gonna load up and foul some plugs, they sure woulda that day!

What power do you have now in yours? 502 mags right?

redhotsommer
03-03-2009, 12:02 PM
Dammit! Thank's for outing me Den! I wanted to surprise everyone when I blew past at 95+ this summer. Think of how awful BBobb would feel...he finally gets his $hit done, and some little Fountain blows him away.

In case you don't remember the stuff, Den...2 new sea pumps, 2 new drive showers.

MILD THUNDER
03-03-2009, 12:08 PM
Dammit! Thank's for outing me Den! I wanted to surprise everyone when I blew past at 95+ this summer. Think of how awful BBobb would feel...he finally gets his $hit done, and some little Fountain blows him away.

In case you don't remember the stuff, Den...2 new sea pumps, 2 new drive showers.

You know if that happened, bbob would be adding some 14/71's! :boxing_smiley:

Magic Medicine
03-03-2009, 01:14 PM
I like EFI, but have always had carbed boats. Never really had any issues resulting from being carbed, even with the blowers. Even my 540 with the 1050 dominator and no choke, started and idled like a stock 330.

lol, Andy, remember when bbob ran outta gas and we idled that long way back to the harbor, if our motors we're gonna load up and foul some plugs, they sure woulda that day!

What power do you have now in yours? 502 mags right?

330 fuelies yuck!:( That was a awesome day until we ran out of beer, note to self 3 guyz and a case of beer, not happening

Magic Medicine
03-03-2009, 01:15 PM

His boat is fast as is sits:seeya:

Kool-Aid Man
03-03-2009, 02:44 PM

Exactly!!!!! hahaha

Magic Medicine
03-03-2009, 02:54 PM
Exactly!!!!! hahaha

Nice avatar!

redhotsommer
03-03-2009, 03:02 PM
Hey...this is the SLED THREAD...if you wanna talk about boats, go somewhere else! :)

Magic Medicine
03-03-2009, 03:04 PM
Hey...this is the SLED THREAD...if you wanna talk about boats, go somewhere else! :)

LOL:03: Remember the birds we heard cherping up North last weekend, it won't be long now!

Kool-Aid Man
03-03-2009, 03:17 PM
You started the boat talk.....did you hear we might have another Fountain joining the crew this year!!!

redhotsommer
03-03-2009, 03:20 PM
No....who dat?

Not Drunk Joe??????

Sunsation96
03-03-2009, 03:40 PM
Come on, you guy's claim to ride, but the season is not over and your talking boats. Don't let this happen again.:rofl: I'm leaving on Wensday *****e$

Magic Medicine
03-03-2009, 04:57 PM
You started the boat talk.....did you hear we might have another Fountain joining the crew this year!!!

Due tell??????

Magic Medicine
03-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Come on, you guy's claim to ride, but the season is not over and your talking boats. Don't let this happen again.:rofl: I'm leaving on Wensday *****e$

So what have you ridden twice this year? I have over 2k miles for the year and 3k in the bar. What do you have young man?:sifone: Just for the record redhotsommer has only missed 2 weekends all winter.

StraightJacket
03-03-2009, 06:03 PM
Since your off the subject of sleds slightly , you guys have to come up with a new name for B Bobbs truck. The Purple flames are gone, replaced and it looks way different.

Magic Medicine
03-03-2009, 06:15 PM
Since your off the subject of sleds slightly , you guys have to come up with a new name for B Bobbs truck. The Purple flames are gone, replaced and it looks way different.

Saw the pics on Mikey's phone looks great. Good job man! What about the "Flamer". hahhahahah

redhotsommer
03-03-2009, 07:00 PM
X2 on "The Flamer." Nice one Andy!