PDA

View Full Version : Michael Vorce finally sentenced!

Twin27Advantage
10-29-2009, 10:23 AM
"Judge Robert Holmes Bell sentenced him to 12 years each for a pair of fraud charges, 10 years for money laundering and a year for income tax evasion -- all to run concurrently. He also ordered him three years on supervised release, 200 hours of community service and to pay restitution."

Full story:
http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/grand_rapids/Vorce_sentenced_in_fraud_case

cigdaze
10-29-2009, 11:03 AM
Good riddance. Have fun, pal.

MattBMiller
10-29-2009, 11:04 AM
About time!

cigdaze
10-29-2009, 11:08 AM
"I will never be in this position again."

You can say that again! :D

Airpacker
10-29-2009, 11:16 AM
Maybe Hionis or good old Fred will be next? One can always hope

Magic Medicine
10-29-2009, 11:39 AM
don't drop the soap

OBNOXUS
10-29-2009, 11:40 AM
Hope Bubba takes good care of you !!!!!!

MikeyFIN
10-29-2009, 11:43 AM
He will be in "Good Hands" ;)

Chris
10-29-2009, 12:26 PM
He'll be out in 30 months.

DollaBill
10-29-2009, 12:26 PM
It's fed right? It's not like state prison. Not great but nothing like East Jersey State Prison etc

Geronimo36
10-29-2009, 12:33 PM
So he should be in jail and Ben should be released? I guess it hurts worse when it hits home?

34 yr sentence the way I read it and he was given a break for cooperating so good riddance!

"He got a break in a plea deal with the U.S. Attorney's Office after he agreed to work with them in other criminal cases.

Vorce gave sworn testimony, including in front of a grand jury, against two former business associates. They include former Kent County Sheriff's Deputy Ryan Steensma, who may have falsified documents to entice investors into putting their money into business ventures. That appears to violate wire fraud statutes, according to the motion.

Steensma is owner of a security company known as Redline 22, which works for companies in the Middle East and Africa.

"We are continuing the investigation of those two people," Assistant U.S. Attorney Tim Verhey told the judge on Thursday.

Vorce also testified in a Wisconsin homicide case, helping the prosecutor to convict a defendant.

"Mr. Vorce cooperated in a first-degree murder case in Milwaukee County, involving a very ugly homicide of a 21-year-old woman," Vorce's attorney, Larry Willey wrote in a sentencing memo.

Willey told Judge Bell today that Vorce went beyond just testifying in exchange for a break when he came forward in the Milwaukee murder case. Vorce shared a cell with the murder suspect, Calvin Pirtle, in Milwaukee County Jail and has told police the man bragged almost daily about the murder and other crimes.

"The brutality of it caught my eye, and also the fact that Mr. Vorce never contacted me, never contacted me to say why don't you get together with (federal prosecutors) to see what kind of credit I can get."

Instead, Vorce contacted Milwaukee detectives and testified against the killer, helping lead to a conviction, Willey said.

"He thought that was the right thing to do," Willey said. Willey called Vorce a "good person."

Vorce also cooperated with other government agencies and the banks that were victims of his fraud, according to a sentencing memo.

Vorce has agreed to forfeit his assets to the government and has transferred all that he owns to the banks, the memo states.

Despite the cooperation, the federal prosecutor asked the judge to consider the message he would send to "the next Michael Vorce. The community is watching this case."

Chris
10-29-2009, 01:44 PM
Fed? Forget what I said. He'll do the term. I don't think he could get time off for giving up Hoffa's body. The Feds don't play.

Sunsation96
10-29-2009, 02:54 PM
Wow look at all the other stuff the guy knew about shocking

VetteLT193
10-29-2009, 03:42 PM
So he should be in jail and Ben should be released? I guess it hurts worse when it hits home?

34 yr sentence the way I read it and he was given a break for cooperating so good riddance!

They are concurrent, which means he'll serve just the maximum length individual sentence. (12 years). If they were consecutive you add them all up.

C_Spray
10-29-2009, 03:47 PM
...all to run concurrently...
That means "simultaneously". "Consecutive" would mean that he has to complete one term before starting the next. Still, he had to give up everything. Good.

db71
10-29-2009, 05:39 PM
I think fed is 85% of the term. The question I have is what will he do for money when he gets out. His only skill is illegal stuff. Maybe when he gets out the boat market will have recovered.

Geronimo36
10-29-2009, 08:31 PM
They are concurrent, which means he'll serve just the maximum length individual sentence. (12 years). If they were consecutive you add them all up.

I re-read it and see that, you're right...

Regardless, my point about Ben still stands!:seeya:

The question I have is what will he do for money when he gets out. His only skill is illegal stuff.

Good point! Mc'ey D's????

db71
10-29-2009, 10:15 PM
This will probably draw a lot of fire but what this guy did is wrong correct he got in trouble and is in jail.

But if he borrowed 20 million from the bank for a business building boats and could not pay it back but flew around in a jet and lived outside of his means then filed BR and the bank only got 6 million back they lost 14 million and people would say things like oh thats part of business and it is not his fault and he would do no jail time and he could still run the company building boats and would actually have a bunch of people standing up for him.

I do not know this person and do not care to but in reality it is not a much different scenario but a much different outcome and the dollar figures are almost identical.

Rookie
10-29-2009, 11:02 PM
This will probably draw a lot of fire but what this guy did is wrong correct he got in trouble and is in jail.

But if he borrowed 20 million from the bank for a business building boats and could not pay it back but flew around in a jet and lived outside of his means then filed BR and the bank only got 6 million back they lost 14 million and people would say things like oh thats part of business and it is not his fault and he would do no jail time and he could still run the company building boats and would actually have a bunch of people standing up for him.

I do not know this person and do not care to but in reality it is not a much different scenario but a much different outcome and the dollar figures are almost identical.

OH NO YOU DIDN'T...... :eek: :lurk5:

boatme
10-30-2009, 07:49 AM

Sorry but you have no clue about this guy

the banks are the only ones the news talks about

He is so slick that oil won't stick to him

He is the biggest reason Saber Boats is out of business

he failed to pay many employees and suppliers in many different businesses he was involved with

He played Joe high life while looking down his nose at others

This guy got caught and then let out of jail while they investigated him for over 20 million in fraud. He was in Chicago and Milwaukee stealing identities and getting more fake boat loan money

I talked to a lawyer who is familiar with all of the fed law about this case he tells me he was facing 3o years but by pleading guilty he got points (years off) then after squealing on a few people got more time off I was told he will get more time off for good behavior and if he finds more to squeal on while in prison he can get more time off My bet is he is out in 5 years It is interesting to note he has a wife and now has a son Both of which were not in his life when he was caught the first time

This clown is scum and I have seen him working the system first hand. He has implicated a girl that was his secretary and right hand in his heyday and i am relatively sure she was doing what Mike told her to do and was his pawn now he has tossed her under the bus for a few years off. I can tell you stories of how he acted the short time i worked with him but I can't type that much.

JupiterSunsation
10-30-2009, 08:05 AM
db71- your analogy is good but that example is bad business model/failure.

This guy was fraud from the outset. I never understand this type of crime, you always get caught. Banks/investors will always come knocking for their money/returns, even in the Madoff case which took 20-30 years to unravel, it unravelled when the investors tried to pull out their money. Vorce played the typical con man but got nothing in the end. Pierre Gaudreau/ Hideaway is the same type of con man with what looks to be the same result.

I admire the armored car type bandit, anonymously gamble once for a big payday and then quit the game with enough money to retire on for life!

db71
10-30-2009, 09:19 AM
Maybe that was a little much when it affects individuals lives it is definatly different. I also after I typed remembered the stealing identities which is not at all right. The most of the story I read was he borrowed money agaist boats that did not exist which if they did exist would not be worth much now anyway so the banks would still be out.

PatriYacht
10-30-2009, 09:27 AM
It's a shame what he did to the good guys at Sabre. For that alone he should have to do more time.

MattBMiller
10-30-2009, 09:48 AM
It's a shame what he did to the good guys at Sabre. For that alone he should have to do more time.

He f'ed over the Sunsation boys too.

rschap1
10-30-2009, 12:40 PM

Are they going to be able to build boats at all anymore?

Ms PatriYacht
10-30-2009, 12:44 PM
Marc was he the guy that was involved in the Warf marina. There seems to be a lot of money unaccounted for. Working a new scheme while out on bond really shows how above it all he must have thought he was.

Twin27Advantage
10-30-2009, 02:03 PM
Marc was he the guy that was involved in the Warf marina. There seems to be a lot of money unaccounted for. Working a new scheme while out on bond really shows how above it all he must have thought he was.

Yup...same Jackazz!

boatme
10-30-2009, 04:01 PM
Yup...same Jackazz!

what he said