PDA

View Full Version : I'm having an ethical issue... And want some input

Buoy
10-17-2009, 01:58 AM
What if you work for a Co. that you wouldn't buy the product they produce because of quality?
This past week, I "bought" from the competition because my own employer Co. would have made junk in comparison.
What do you do when you need a job, and have one that you hate?
But, you can't find anyone hiring in your field.
I'm looking for another job, but in the meantime, for a paycheck, I'm telling people to do things that are "in my blood and brain" wrong, but that is what Corporate wants, and they say it is "within tolerance", and therefore acceptable.
I'm so disgusted that all I do is produce something that is pretty (cosmetically), profitable, and is functional (just within standards)...
I hold myself to a higher standard of quality than this.
At times, I've seen where upper Mgmt has passed items that didn't meet standards just to make sure they went out the door.
I'm having a huge issue about this, but at the same time, I don't want to create waves - I need the job, even though I hate it.

Wobble
10-17-2009, 02:11 AM
What if you work for a Co. that you wouldn't buy the product they produce because of quality?
This past week, I "bought" from the competition because my own employer Co. would have made junk in comparison.
I'm looking for another job, but in the meantime, for a paycheck, I'm telling people to do things that are "in my blood and brain" wrong, but that is what Corporate wants, and they say it is "within tolerance", and therefore acceptable.
I'm so disgusted that all I do is produce something that is pretty (cosmetically), profitable, and is functional (just within standards)...
At times, I've seen where upper Mgmt has passed items that didn't meet standards just to make sure they went out the door.
I'm having a huge issue about this, but at the same time, I don't want to create waves - I need the job, even though I hate it.

Do they have a suggestions box?

Seriously though, every job that requires working for someone else is going to require some serious compromise.

Dude! Sweet!
10-17-2009, 02:28 AM
Tim, what a catch 22. I want to tell you to say f*ck it, collect your money and live for the weekends, but at the same time, I believe that the just "just get paid"mentality is the root of why we are so comletely f*cked right now.

Tim I'm completely impressed with your integrity. Of course that's coming from a guy who just fell down the stairs trying to unplug his inflatable halloween decorations... :sifone:

phragle
10-17-2009, 02:39 AM
what is the job worth to you?? are you selling yourself or someone else's product? are you misrepresenting something or are you selling Hyundai's when you would rather sell Mercedes?? if it's a job, and you are selling something that people want and it meets their needs safely? Where do YOU draw the line? I work in healthcare..sometimes we cant fix people and they die, sometimes mistakes happen... A farmer raises cattle, they become big macs...big macs make people fat and die early... Would you own/run a bar? people drink drive and die...they become alcoholics and destroy families.. Tim we can say all sorts of things..but you are they only one that can draw the line between whats personal and whats strictly business. I think the decision should be based on asking yourself a couple of questions..

sure what your selling may not be the best quality but..
1. are you being deliberately deceitfully?
2. are your actions putting people directly in harms way?
3. are you FORCING anyone to do anything, or are they purchasing under their own freewill and their own due diligence?

Dude! Sweet!
10-17-2009, 02:45 AM
How much better would the world be if the only question was "do I believe in what I'm doing?"

JupiterSunsation
10-17-2009, 07:12 AM
Sounds like Bouy is working at a Ford dealer dreaming about his Chevy....

Or selling Fountains and dreaming about __________ :D

Ratickle
10-17-2009, 07:42 AM
what is the job worth to you?? are you selling yourself or someone else's product? are you misrepresenting something or are you selling Hyundai's when you would rather sell Mercedes?? if it's a job, and you are selling something that people want and it meets their needs safely? Where do YOU draw the line? I work in healthcare..sometimes we cant fix people and they die, sometimes mistakes happen... A farmer raises cattle, they become big macs...big macs make people fat and die early... Would you own/run a bar? people drink drive and die...they become alcoholics and destroy families.. Tim we can say all sorts of things..but you are they only one that can draw the line between whats personal and whats strictly business. I think the decision should be based on asking yourself a couple of questions..

sure what your selling may not be the best quality but..
1. are you being deliberately deceitfully?
2. are your actions putting people directly in harms way?
3. are you FORCING anyone to do anything, or are they purchasing under their own freewill and their own due diligence?

Rob, one of your best posts ever....:)

Audiofn
10-17-2009, 07:45 AM
Bouy if you are making parts that are just cheap then I do not see an issue with that. In fact I see that it is the companies responsibility to itself to make the product as profitable as it can while keeping the contract. It can suck when you want to product the highest quality part and you know you are not. I have a very sucessful customer that makes vacume cleaners. His Vacumes are cheap and kind of junky. I purchased an Electrolux because I wanted the best vacume that I could. Well my Electrolux was 1400 bucks and his "junky" vacumes are 200 bucks. They both fit a niche in the market. Sounds like your company is doing the same just making the lower end "thing". Now if you do not want to be making that lower end thing any more then that is a decision you hae to make.

fund razor
10-17-2009, 08:03 AM
Let me put this in perspective for you, Tim.

Ratickle
10-17-2009, 08:03 AM
Rob's answer is very good.

Way back I was lucky enough to get asked to participate in a special program at a college for upper management training. A couple things that came out of that were;

Never compromise you principles, morals, and ethics. Breaking the law is betterr to do than those three. Every time you do, makes it easier to go farther the next time. If you are really compromising one of those three things, then you have a tough decision to make. If they are producing a lower class product, which meets all requirements of safety for the consumer, then I think you are comparing the difference between buying a Cadillac and a Chevy. They may have the exact same components, one is just done right. At a much higher price.....

The other thing you always have to realize, Why do people do what they do? Because they think they're right. There is never, I repeat never, any other reason. So, if you want to change their culture, you have to figure out why they think they're right and change that. It is not something to get upset over, stress about, or complain about. It is just something to figure out why, decide if it should be changed and if so, how to best accomplish that. The reasons may be good to them. They are producing a product which meets standards, at a cheaper price. Therefore their customers can buy it for less and they can still make profits and stay in business. Win-Win.....

High morals, ethics, and principles are a good thing. Never compromise them. However, also never let them get in the way of improving things. If they are not compromised, making a difference by figuring out improvements to implement which help others, benefits all.

I firmly believe in lists of pros and cons. Write it without deep thought, then read it and decide your dilemma. I've helped companies improve who I wouldn't buy from either. Doesn't mean they did not fill a required niche to help others get through their days.

I've also bought products from companies I would never work for because of their ethics (lack thereof)..........

fund razor
10-17-2009, 08:05 AM
Besides... every generation's brownfield is a prior generation's advancement in technology. :o

fund razor
10-17-2009, 08:08 AM
Rob's answer is very good.

Way back I was lucky enough to get asked to participate in a special program at a college for upper management training. A couple things that came out of that were;

Never compromise you principles, morals, and ethics. Breaking the law is betterr to do than those three. Every time you do, makes it easier to go farther the next time. If you are really compromising one of those three things, then you have a tough decision to make. If they are producing a lower class product, which meets all requirements of safety for the consumer, then I think you are comparing the difference between buying a Cadillac and a Chevy. They may have the exact same components, one is just done right. At a much higher price.....

The other thing you always have to realize, Why do people do what they do? Because they think they're right. There is never, I repeat never, any other reason. So, if you want to change their culture, you have to figure out why they think they're right and change that. It is not something to get upset over, stress about, or complain about. It is just something to figure out why, decide if it should be changed and if so, how to best accomplish that. The reasons may be good to them. They are producing a product which meets standards, at a cheaper price. Therefore their customers can buy it for less and they can still make profits and stay in business. Win-Win.....

High morals, ethics, and principles are a good thing. Never compromise them. However, also never let them get in the way of improving things. If they are not compromised, making a difference by figuring out improvements to implement which help others, benefits all.
Yep!
The major cause of stress in life is knowing the right thing to do and not doing it.

VtSteve
10-17-2009, 08:19 AM
Just hang in there. Sounds like your best bet is to continue to work and look for another job with the competition. You'll have all your ducks in a row when you can work for, and use the products of a company that you admire.

Make sure to spell that out in the next interview as well.

MacGyver
10-17-2009, 09:23 AM
Tim, the economy is on the upswing. Hopefully you can find a more rewarding job in the near future. But until then, hang in there and be thankful you have steady income.

As for the suggestion box idea, I bet they have a security camera positioned on it so management can see who are the authors of the suggestions.

Davidmnc
10-17-2009, 10:36 AM
You have a job..........be thankfull for it. Take advantage of any and all opportunities to improve the product. If you stay with the company position your self to be a leader in quality control and implementation. Manufacturing a lower end product is a part of the real world, but producing a lower end product that is a better value be it price or quality than the competition is going to create success for your company. Be the guy who helps lead the charge toward a better low end product. Does not mean you have to buy it your self, but it can be very satisfying knowing you are a part of the improvement.

insanity
10-17-2009, 10:49 AM
You have a job..........be thankfull for it. Take advantage of any and all opportunities to improve the product. If you stay with the company position your self to be a leader in quality control and implementation. Manufacturing a lower end product is a part of the real world, but producing a lower end product that is a better value be it price or quality than the competition is going to create success for your company. Be the guy who helps lead the charge toward a better low end product. Does not mean you have to buy it your self, but it can be very satisfying knowing you are a part of the improvement.

Very well said.

If you feel that strongly about putting out a crappy product, do what you can to try and improve quality. It seems most of the time if a company has a product that is maginal or just out of tolerance, they send it out anyhow. Banking on the chance that more of the defective product gets sold than gets sent back. It's the way the game is played, not much difference than when the car companies run the number to decide if its cheaper to have a recall or payou lawsuits from a defect.

"The game is to be sold, not to be told" :sifone:

Davidmnc
10-17-2009, 11:06 AM
Very well said. :sifone:

****! Now I am have to delete the post. It's gonna ruin my reputation for worthless uninsightful posts! :leaving:

Ratickle
10-17-2009, 11:29 AM
****! Now I am have to delete the post. It's gonna ruin my reputation for worthless uninsightful posts! :leaving:

Can't have that........:ack2:

Expensive Date
10-17-2009, 12:11 PM
Tough question unless you are a Field rep and in direct contact with your customers I would not worry about it.There are a lot of products offered by my suppliers that I won't sell I pick and chose from different manufacturers.But I have that option because its my company and I am directly responsible for the items performance.If you are not stay till you find something better or become there new competitor.

Geronimo36
10-17-2009, 01:17 PM
You have a job..........

Don't quit without having something else lined up and for sure don't quit unless you have "12" months savings ready to go....

These days it's taking people a solid 3-6 months to find new jobs and most of those jobs are for less pay...

I know what you're going thru and I've personally weighed the consequenses the last year or so and I've stayed put because the grass isn't greener anywhere else right now.

DAREDEVIL
10-17-2009, 01:41 PM

I know how u feel,,,and all i can say is bite thru this and stay there untill u find an other job that u like and pay's the bills.

I did what u whant to do ,,and it was wrong,,i am without a job now since 2 years and money is not crowing on trees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The boss pays the boss says,,,so do it !!!!!!!!:reddevil:

phragle
10-17-2009, 02:52 PM
The boss pays the boss says,,,so do it !!!!!!!!:reddevil:

What is a job? simply a contract between you and your employer to do a specific task for a certain dollar amount. No where in that contract is a clause that states your mission is to second guess the bosses objective, critique his manner of accomplishing his objective. an employeer owes you nothing and you are not asked to provide anything beyond providing the service that you were hired to do. If your hired for a job and your boss says I will pay you $XX an hour to sell vacum cleaners, your job is to sell vacum cleaners. you were not contracted to design vacum cleaners, to evaluate and compare vacum cleaners with Dyson etc. Your were not hired to decide that the red vacum cleaners your selling would look better green. Your single mission is to sell the vacum cleaners and for that he will pay you $XX an hour. If your boss wants to stop selling vacum cleaners next week...thats his choice. It is his buisness, he can sell fish tanks if he wants. If he does sell start selling fish tanks, and your a vacum cleaner salesman, you are no longer of use to him, so he no longer employes you. It's really very simple, it has nothing to do with whats fair, good bad etc. It's about being hired to do a specific task as long as that specific task is needed. are you willing to do that specific task?

Buoy
10-17-2009, 04:16 PM
Very insightful conversation from everyone!
I just know that what we're producing isn't the quality I would purchase.

Without being too specific, I'll give two analogies.

Say in building your Chevy/Ford... you need a 7/16" torque wrench at 60ft/lbs for a certain part of the build. You don't have a 7/16" torque wrench, so instead you grab a pair of pliers. Anyone that has worked on a boat knows what is going to happen.
You're going to chew up the bolt, but you'll get it tight, and it will be functional, and it might even be close to the 60 ft/lbs torque "within tolerance".

Second analogy
We offer a product that will defect under normal usage.
Using Rob's fish tank idea...
Selling a product to someone that wants a salt water aquarium. But, I know that the material it is made of will haze within 30 days due to the salt. So, the customer will bring it back, and I'll give them another one, which will do the same thing, and another 30 days goes by...
I'm doing a disservice to the customer because the salesman wasn't good enough to sell the upgrade. Granted, in my opinion the product shouldn't be offered in the first place, but that is a corporate decision.
To make matters even more interesting, Corporate will come down on the manufacture side, and the Sales side because we had a return on the product.

I spent four months looking for a job after we moved out here, and I was only getting about a 1-2% interview rate for the number of places I applied.
So, I'm very thankful to just even have a job at this point (even with a 12% paycut of what I was used to making), but I'm still looking.

phragle
10-17-2009, 04:30 PM
Tim...to seriously condence what has been said... Obviously you are not happy where you are.. reguardless of the reasons, you need a job you are at least satisfied with or enjoy to avoid stress issues in life. That being said, remember the age old saying " it is easier to find a job when you already have a job".

I believe you have all ready made a decision, you are just looking for reenforcement/permission. Too many people are without jobs, being unemployeed is more stressfull then being unhappily employeed in todays economy. Look for a job that will make you happy, but at the same time keep food on your plate. Is there another fish tank builder in the area? Dont go up to them and tell them your unhappy or that your present companies fish tanks suck... thats negative. Approach them and tell the you think their tanks are better, do your research and be able to tell them specifically why they are not only better than the current ones you sell, but why they are better than the rest of the industries, explain why you feel their team is a winner. Think about pro sports.. if your say a good running back for the detroit lions...your team sucks, but you have a much better chance of getting picked up by a better team than if you say the lions suck, quit the team and sit at home watching football waiting for the phone to ring.

Buoy
10-17-2009, 04:44 PM
Rob - no, I'm not looking for permission or reinforcement. I've watched people in recent weeks/months quit a job out of spite or dissatisfaction without realizing what it's like right now to be looking for a job.
If you're a mid-level Mgr. type guy (such as me) you won't get hired at so much as a Burger King, because they know that you are only going to be there until you find something else.
Jobs aren't easy to come by at the moment.
I'm not leaving my job without another place to go to.

I have to say you have really impressed me with your insight into this - that penguin guy too...
Here I thought you two were just goofballs:26:

I guess I just brought it up, because I don't like doing something that I don't believe in, and wanted to see how everyone else here felt about being put in that situation. We've all been here a time or two.

RLJ676
10-17-2009, 04:56 PM
Where I work (GM) most people really look down on someone purchasing another company's product (drives me nuts personally), but it's a little different as it's a huge purchase durable good.

My ethics dictate that you support the company that supports you, as there are a ton of people out there that would love to have your job, even if it isn't your dream one. If these products are diverse and you have purchased some but just not this particular one then I wouldn't worry. If it's a big ticket item I'd be pretty conflicted.

We've been going through massive downsizing, as everyone is probably aware, and my suggestion to mgmt on how to choose people to exit is to go in the parking lot and if there's a GM employee hang tag and no little GM fender emblem, stick a pink slip under the windshield wiper.:sifone:

MOBILEMERCMAN
10-17-2009, 05:19 PM
Tim , It sounds to me you will be making a change. Don't let a bad attitude take over. Continue to meet and network with people in your field. That is a lot easier if you are working. Keep smiling, do your best to create an opportunity for change both within or somewhere else. Keep time on your side.

I suspect you will feel worse if out of work or doing something you are grossly overqualified for.

It is only temporary. It is not forever. It is a test of character. You will overcome.

Expensive Date
10-17-2009, 05:57 PM
Doubt you will truely be happy ever working for someone else.You need you name to be on the door.

Strip Poker 388
10-17-2009, 06:08 PM

must be in the marine biz:eek:.I would find a job first and make sure its a keeper before ya quit.just bare with it until.Good-luck.

Buoy
10-17-2009, 06:16 PM
Where I work (GM) most people really look down on someone purchasing another company's product (drives me nuts personally), but it's a little different as it's a huge purchase durable good.

My ethics dictate that you support the company that supports you, as there are a ton of people out there that would love to have your job, even if it isn't your dream one. If these products are diverse and you have purchased some but just not this particular one then I wouldn't worry. If it's a big ticket item I'd be pretty conflicted.

We've been going through massive downsizing, as everyone is probably aware, and my suggestion to mgmt on how to choose people to exit is to go in the parking lot and if there's a GM employee hang tag and no little GM fender emblem, stick a pink slip under the windshield wiper.:sifone:

Fully understand, and agree.
The item is less than 1K, but more than $500.
To elaborate further, I purchased from my wife's Co. I used to work for the same Co., but, she received a promotion that would have placed her as my boss. HR frowned on that idea, so I had to walk away from my position for her to take the promotion.
But, I know the quality her Co. puts out, and the sub-par quality my current employer puts out (exact same industry).
I chose to go with her Co. for my personal needs.
So, in a way I am supporting the Co. that puts food on my plate, and a place to sleep at night. I know, this gets complicated.
I hope that's clear enough to understand what I'm trying to say.

I suspect you will feel worse if out of work or doing something you are grossly overqualified for.

It is only temporary. It is not forever. It is a test of character. You will overcome.

Doing this is already something I'm grossly overqualified for.
You're right, it is a test of character.
Thanks for the words Jim.

Doubt you will truely be happy ever working for someone else.You need you name to be on the door.

I did it once before, and probably need to do it again.
I'm just not sure what it is that I should get myself involved in...
Something I will like doing, and succeed in doing.
As you know, going on your own is a big step - last time, I was forced into it. I had kind of a feast or famine moment, and busted my azz only to get it handed to me at the end. It was a great run for about 5 years, in the end I made some mistakes that cost me. But, I learned a lot. I'm actually learning a lot in the current job - both good and bad.

Buoy
10-17-2009, 06:18 PM
must be in the marine biz:eek:.I would find a job first and make sure its a keeper before ya quit.just bare with it until.Good-luck.

No, not marine biz.
But, I did apply at Marine Max this past week.:)

RLJ676
10-17-2009, 06:32 PM
Fully understand, and agree.
To elaborate further, I purchased from my wife's Co. I used to work for the same Co., but, she received a promotion that would have placed her as my boss. HR frowned on that idea, so I had to walk away from my position for her to take the promotion.
But, I know the quality her Co. puts out, and the sub-par quality my current employer puts out (exact same industry).
So, in a way I am supporting the Co. that puts food on my plate, and a place to sleep at night. I know, this gets complicated.

That makes total sense, and especially with the wife figured in there shouldn't be any reason at all to feel guilty.

Now you're just killing us all with what the industry is?:willy_nilly:

baddogz28
10-17-2009, 06:37 PM

My girlfriends have never had a problem with the giant dildos your company produces... I'm just sayin. :seeya:

Seriously though, tow the company line till a better opportunity presents itself. What you do with your money has nothing to do with loyalty to your company.

fund razor
10-17-2009, 07:24 PM

No, it's ok.
Statistically... you're ahead of the game. :D

MarylandMark
10-17-2009, 08:31 PM
Your customers are buying your product vs the other for a reason- cost vs value type thing. Your company fills it's place in the market place. If your product is 2/3 the price of the perfect one then I would expect 2/3 the performance. Quality vs quantity vs cost- pick 2.

Kind of off base but I just bought some door handles- the $25 I had to turn the handle 2/3 of the way before any thing moved, the $40 1/2 the way before any thing moved and the $60 ones turned as soon as I touched it. I went with the $40 ones because I didn't want junk but not worth $60 for perfection either. Kind of like I know they won't perform like the $60 ones and I don't expect them to- if they did well they would be $60. Like complaining at a $9.99 buffet because the prime rib is tough. Ok- so I'm all over the place on this one but I know what I am trying to say; just can't say it right.

Buoy
10-17-2009, 08:40 PM
Your customers are buying your product vs the other for a reason- cost vs value type thing. Your company fills it's place in the market place. If your product is 2/3 the price of the perfect one then I would expect 2/3 the performance. Quality vs quantity vs cost- pick 2.

Kind of off base but I just bought some door handles- the $25 I had to turn the handle 2/3 of the way before any thing moved, the $40 1/2 the way before any thing moved and the $60 ones turned as soon as I touched it. I went with the $40 ones because I didn't want junk but not worth $60 for perfection either. Kind of like I know they won't perform like the $60 ones and I don't expect them to- if they did well they would be $60. Like complaining at a $9.99 buffet because the prime rib is tough. Ok- so I'm all over the place on this one but I know what I am trying to say; just can't say it right.

We're selling the $25.00 handle, and in a month it won't turn at all.
You'll bring it back, and I'll supply you a new $25.00 handle.
Corporate will *itch at me that we had a return.
A month later, that handle I replaced won't work, and I'll replace it again.
(you have now gone to my store twice for replacements, and you've spent the time or $$ having it installed).
Are you going to be a future customer?
Or are you going to determine that I sold you junk, and you're going to go elsewhere when the warranty is up?

MarylandMark
10-17-2009, 08:53 PM
Are you going to be a future customer?
Or are you going to determine that I sold you junk, and you're going to go elsewhere when the warranty is up?

1 cent is too much money if it doesn't turn and I'd be going elsewhere and bad mouthing you all over after the 2nd time.

Ok- so I pay $25 and get 3 handles (2 that failed and now on my 3rd)- doesn't sound like that is a good business model. Even if they get them for $5- if I had 3 so far they have $15 vs $5 in the transaction. Then for every bad transaction they say it costs a company 10 customers.

Why not find a supplier or make if they make them their selves make them a little better for say $8 and do it once (netting $18 v $10)?

ps- you could never work for the phone company with ethics such as these. LOL! I get paid to do my job to the best of my ability; if they sell junk nothing I can do about that part.

Chris
10-18-2009, 09:57 AM
Never compromise you principles, morals, and ethics.

This is probably the best post since this site was started.

It's you that has to live with it- now and forever. If it's not right to you, that should be your guide.

sonicss31
10-18-2009, 11:07 AM
I feel your pain. I was in a similar spot earlier this year and brought it to the attention of corporate bigwigs and they sent down corporate lawyers to investigate and I came close to losing my job in the end. They said I was considered disruptive. Know this is no help to you but be careful because the waters are full of sharks.

phragle
10-18-2009, 03:01 PM

so you left company one because the promotion would have placed you and your wife in a conflict of interest situation btween personal and professional.... and now you work in another conflict of interest position in a company that is direct competition to the first company...

and your wondering why you feel confused??

Buoy
10-18-2009, 03:17 PM
so you left company one because the promotion would have placed you and your wife in a conflict of interest situation btween personal and professional.... and now you work in another conflict of interest position in a company that is direct competition to the first company...

and your wondering why you feel confused??

No, we're not direct competition by any means.
That would be kind of like Lambo dealer, and used car dealer comparison.
But, we both provide the same basic service, in this example "transportation"

Buoy
10-19-2009, 12:24 AM

Never compromise you principles, morals, and ethics. Breaking the law is betterr to do than those three.

Tim, Paul, THANKS!!
I've been doing a lot of hard thinking over the past two days - and both of you have contributed to forming my thoughts and guiding me.
That goofy muppet guy too! (just kidding Rob)
Tim, you're absolutely right, I won't be happy again until I'm running my own show.
Paul, it's pizzing me off that I'm sacrificing those core values that I hold very strongly just because I need a paycheck. It's not a good feeling to be doing this.
I want to be able to go to work, and at the end of the day be proud of what I've done. Under my current employment, I'm actually embarrassed about what I've done.
Not a good feeling, and doesn't lend much to a self-satisfaction type thing.

phragle
10-19-2009, 01:04 AM
I want to be able to go to work, and at the end of the day be proud of what I've done. Under my current employment, I'm actually embarrassed about what I've done

Now that I understand..I took a major cut in pay when I went from warehouse mgmt to EMS... but I didn't go home beat and depressed everyday. Now everyday I go to work..whether Im busy as hell or its slow, I know I make a difference in someones life. regardless of what I can do for someone medcally, the fact remains that if your seeing me, your not having a good day. Anything I can do that makes that your day a little better is where there rewarding part comes in.

MarylandMark
10-19-2009, 06:54 AM
the fact remains that if your seeing me, your not having a good day.

Kind of how I feel about some people... :biggrinjester:

Geronimo36
10-19-2009, 09:46 AM
I'd use this as an opportunity to find the job you want. If corp wont allow you to do what you feel you need to do then you need to find something else.

In the meantime you're earning a paycheck which is paying the mortgage, the boat expenses and will also pay for the gas/expenses when traveling to other interviews! ;)

Instead of focusing your energy on how unhappy you are at the job, channel that energy into finding something new!!! Then after you give notice, those last two weeks you work there will be the best two weeks because you'll know you have succeeded!!! :)