PDA

View Full Version : Noreaster?

Geronimo36
10-14-2009, 11:39 PM
So I hear we're supposed to get our first Noreaster of the season already? also heard there might be snow up in the mountains?? WTF!!! Looks like it might be a long winter this year...:lurk5:

COASTAL WATERS FROM SANDY HOOK TO MANASQUAN INLET NJ OUT 20 NM- COASTAL WATERS FROM MANASQUAN INLET TO LITTLE EGG INLET NJ OUT 20 NM- 902 PM EDT WED OCT 14 2009
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THURSDAY AFTERNOON... ...GALE WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY EVENING THROUGH FRIDAY AFTERNOON...

THU...NE WINDS 15 TO 20 KT...INCREASING TO 20 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS TO 30 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT...BUILDING TO 4 TO 6 FT. RAIN. .THU NIGHT...NE WINDS 25 TO 30 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 40 KT. SEAS 6 TO 9 FT...BUILDING TO 8 TO 12 FT. RAIN. .FRI...NE WINDS 25 TO 30 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. RAIN. .FRI NIGHT...NE WINDS 25 TO 30 KT. SEAS 6 TO 9 FT. RAIN LIKELY. .SAT...NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 KT. SEAS 5 TO 8 FT. RAIN LIKELY. .SAT NIGHT...NE WINDS 15 TO 20 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 KT. SEAS 4 TO 7 FT. RAIN LIKELY. .SUN...N WINDS 15 TO 20 KT. SEAS 4 TO 7 FT...SUBSIDING TO 3 TO 5 FT. RAIN LIKELY DURING THE DAY...THEN A CHANCE OF SHOWERS. .MON...NW WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 3 TO 5 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE MORNING.

Geronimo36
10-14-2009, 11:40 PM
Issued by The National Weather Service
Philadelphia, PA
2:41 pm EDT, Wed., Oct. 14, 2009

... COASTAL FLOOD WATCH NOW IN EFFECT FROM LATE THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY EVENING...

THE COASTAL FLOOD WATCH IS NOW IN EFFECT FROM LATE THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY EVENING.

STIFF EAST TO NORTHEAST WINDS FROM LATE THURSDAY THROUGH FRIDAY WILL RESULT IN RISING TIDES ALONG THE ATLANTIC OCEANFRONT... RARITAN BAY... DELAWARE BAY AND ADJACENT BACK BAYS.

FOR THE THURSDAY EVENING HIGH TIDE... WIDESPREAD MINOR TIDAL FLOODING IS POSSIBLE. ALONG THE ATLANTIC OCEANFRONT AND RARITAN BAY... HIGH TIDE OCCURS BETWEEN 530 PM AND 630 PM EDT. HIGH TIDE ALONG ADJACENT BACK BAYS AND DELAWARE BAY OCCURS UP TO A FEW HOURS LATER.

FOR THE SUBSEQUENT HIGH TIDES ON FRIDAY... MODERATE TIDAL FLOODING IS POSSIBLE. ALONG THE ATLANTIC OCEANFRONT AND RARITAN BAY THE FRIDAY MORNING HIGH TIDE OCCURS BETWEEN 615 AM AND 715 AM EDT... AND THE FRIDAY EVENING HIGH TIDE OCCURS BETWEEN 630 PM AND 730 PM EDT. AGAIN... HIGH TIDE ALONG ADJACENT BACK BAYS AND DELAWARE BAY OCCURS UP TO A FEW HOURS LATER.

FOR THE FRIDAY HIGH TIDES... POSSIBLE TIDE HEIGHTS ARE 8.0 TO 8.5 FEET MLLW AT SANDY HOOK... 7.5 TO 8.0 FEET MLLW AT SEASIDE HEIGHTS AND ATLANTIC CITY... AROUND 8.0 FEET MLLW AT CAPE MAY... BETWEEN 7.0 AND 7.5 FEET MLLW AT REHOBOTH BEACH AND BREAKWATER HARBOR... AND BETWEEN 8.0 AND 8.5 FEET MLLW AT REEDY POINT.

ANY RAINFALL OCCURRING DURING THE TIMES OF HIGH TIDE WOULD EXACERBATE TIDAL FLOODING... AND WAVE ACTION MAY LEAD TO MODERATE BEACH EROSION.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A COASTAL FLOOD WATCH MEANS THAT CONDITIONS FAVORABLE FOR FLOODING ARE EXPECTED TO DEVELOP. COASTAL RESIDENTS SHOULD BE ALERT FOR LATER STATEMENTS OR WARNINGS... AND TAKE ACTION TO PROTECT PROPERTY.

Geronimo36
10-14-2009, 11:41 PM
Philadelphia, PA
2:51 pm EDT, Wed., Oct. 14, 2009

... WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THURSDAY TO 6 PM EDT FRIDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY HAS ISSUED A WIND ADVISORY... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THURSDAY TO 6 PM EDT FRIDAY. THE HIGH WIND WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

A DEVELOPING COASTAL STORM WILL CAUSE WINDS TO INCREASE THURSDAY. NORTHEAST WINDS THURSDAY NIGHT AND FRIDAY ARE FORECAST TO INCREASE TO 20 TO 30 MILES AN HOUR... WITH GUSTS OF AROUND 45 MILES AN HOUR.

THE COMBINATION OF THE PERSISTENCE OF THE STRONG NORTHEAST WINDS, THE RAIN AND LEAVES STILL ON TREES WILL CAUSE TREE LIMBS AND WEAKER TREES TO FALL DOWN AND CAUSE SCATTERED POWER OUTAGES.

THE WINDS ARE EXPECTED TO SLOWLY DIMINISH FRIDAY NIGHT AS THE STORM RECEDES TO THE NORTHEAST.

A WIND ADVISORY MEANS THAT WIND GUSTS OF AROUND 45 MPH OR HIGHER ARE LIKELY. WINDS THIS STRONG CAN MAKE DRIVING DIFFICULT... ESPECIALLY FOR HIGH PROFILE VEHICLES. WEAK TREE LIMBS AND SHALLOW ROOTED TREES MIGHT GET KNOCKED DOWN. USE EXTRA CAUTION.

glassdave
10-14-2009, 11:43 PM
Glad i bought a couple of sleds this year :D

Geronimo36
10-14-2009, 11:44 PM
Coastal storm off the Jersey and Delaware coast on Thursday night
Image credit: wright-weather.com

A wet, windy and snowy storm system will visit the Mid-Atlantic on Thursday afternoon.

With plenty of moisture and mid-level energy sweeping through the Ohio and Tennessee Valleys, a coastal storm will develop off the Carolina coast on Thursday and quickly strengthen.

By Thursday night, it will be positioned just off the Mid-Atlantic coast.

Strong, easterly winds will develop off the Atlantic and sweep onshore. Gusts to 50 or even 60 mph are expect to impact coastal locations over Delaware, New Jersey and Long Island.

As expected, wind advisories and high wind warnings are in place. Delaware | New Jersey

Along with the gusty onshore winds comes the threat for coastal flooding.

Onshore winds will allow for higher than average tide levels and give way to water making its way farther inland along the coast.

Coast flood advisories: New Jersey | Delaware | Connecticut | New York

This is a quick-hitting storm. It will be moving away from the Mid-Atlantic coast by Friday afternoon (if not earlier) and the southern New England coast by Friday night.

Moisture from this storm system will also spill into the higher elevations of central Pennsylvania.

It's here where a heavy wet snow is expected to fall beginning Thursday afternoon and into the early morning hours of Friday.

This is an early season storm and trees still have plenty of leaves.

The National Weather Service warns that if several inches of snow accumulates on trees, significant tree damage and damage to power lines will likely result.

Geronimo36
10-14-2009, 11:49 PM
Glad i bought a couple of sleds this year :D

Sledding is one thing that I've always wanted to but have never done.....
I guess on one of these ski trips I'll have to rent one.

Speaking of Snow, how about a local SO ski-trip this winter? Killington, Mt. Snow etc.????:26:

glassdave
10-15-2009, 12:35 AM
Speaking of Snow, how about a local SO ski-trip this winter? Killington, Mt. Snow etc.????:26:

when do you go skiing up there? Heck i'm in for a SO ski trip. I usually take a week an a half over Christmas and new years and head up to Miane/Vermont/New Hampshire For skiing and climbing/hiking in the White Mountains area. My favorite place to ski is Sunday River or Jay Peak followed by Killington (best night life)

MikeyFIN
10-15-2009, 04:50 AM
We got ours already 2 days ago...Damn...winds up to 40 and freezing.
but the temps should pick up back to normal next week in the 40īs

glh
10-15-2009, 06:57 AM
You guys are dreaming, global warming took care of all that stuff!!! :D

MikeyFIN
10-15-2009, 08:33 AM
Actually the Gulfstream keeps us warm..so I have to come over to Key West to check where it starts from :)

And I wouldn't īt mind If we wouldnīt get any snow.
Last year we didnīt get any snow to even ski enough until late February and it lasted for about a month. But thatīs only southwestern Finland I speak of...
Our Rivers havenīt frozen over last winter so you could even walk on the Ice either.
And Thatīs got nothing to do with global warming. Thatīs basically Our climate, close to yours in Northeast.

MikeyFIN
10-15-2009, 08:34 AM
You guys are dreaming, global warming took care of all that stuff!!! :D

I Didnīt know that Super Vee had that much in it ;)

Geronimo36
10-15-2009, 09:36 AM
when do you go skiing up there? Heck i'm in for a SO ski trip. I usually take a week an a half over Christmas and new years and head up to Miane/Vermont/New Hampshire For skiing and climbing/hiking in the White Mountains area. My favorite place to ski is Sunday River or Jay Peak followed by Killington (best night life)

I usually try to start going right after Christmas. One year we were @ Killington for New Years and another year @ Hunter, great times!!! I like going early and late to beat the -20 degree weather days...

I haven't gone to Sunday River or Jay Peak but would like to go sometime! How are those mountains, are they snowboard friendly?

Can't beat the nightlife in Killington!!! "Wobbly Barn" :sifone:

Gladhe8er
10-15-2009, 09:40 AM
I hope it's a nasty winter. Gonna try to break 1000 miles on the sled this year for the first time since '03.

Pro1
10-15-2009, 10:15 AM
Ski doo

jhenrie
10-15-2009, 10:44 AM
I had a house walking distance from the wobbly barn , thank god. Nite spot for happy hour apres ski for a couple goombay smashes and some pizza from that wood fired oven. Hit the wobbly late if we were still standing . Those were the days. I want to ski but my knees say NO GO !!!!!

rainmn
10-15-2009, 11:06 AM
I usually try to start going right after Christmas. One year we were @ Killington for New Years and another year @ Hunter, great times!!! I like going early and late to beat the -20 degree weather days...

I haven't gone to Sunday River or Jay Peak but would like to go sometime! How are those mountains, are they snowboard friendly?

That's not early. Every year for the last 15 years, me and a couple buddies head up to Killington right after Thanksgiving dinner. :sifone:

Only 1 year ever did we not snowboard. That year, they got about 2 feet of new snow 2 weeks before Thanksgiving. The week of Thanksgiving, it was in the 50's and raining every day. By the time we got there, there were like 2 trails open, so we just drank the whole weekend.

Happy hour at Outback Pizza. :biggrinjester:

Geronimo36
10-15-2009, 12:43 PM
That's not early. Every year for the last 15 years, me and a couple buddies head up to Killington right after Thanksgiving dinner. :sifone:

Only 1 year ever did we not snowboard. That year, they got about 2 feet of new snow 2 weeks before Thanksgiving. The week of Thanksgiving, it was in the 50's and raining every day. By the time we got there, there were like 2 trails open, so we just drank the whole weekend.

Happy hour at Outback Pizza. :biggrinjester:

Nice!!!

Who knows, maybe that was one of the times my wife and I went!!!

It was a few years ago, I'd say 2002-2003 timeframe. We went with another couple rented a condo at Ascutney about 1-2 weeks before Thanksgiving... Rates were cheap and we hoped to get a little time on the slopes.. Ascutney had no snow, it was 60 degrees and raining and Killington had like 1-2 trailes open with some major dry spots. :(

On a positive note, we partied the whole weekend and still had a great time!:26:

Do you think you're going to do the Killington thing this year? I might be interested in meeting up.... speaking of Killington, here's a few pics I have on my work PC.

Geronimo36
10-15-2009, 12:51 PM
I had a house walking distance from the wobbly barn , thank god. Nite spot for happy hour apres ski for a couple goombay smashes and some pizza from that wood fired oven. Hit the wobbly late if we were still standing . Those were the days. I want to ski but my knees say NO GO !!!!!

No worries John, they got you covered! Just get one of those sit-down ski's!!! :rofl:

Smarty
10-15-2009, 12:54 PM
Coastal storm off the Jersey and Delaware coast on Thursday night
Image credit: wright-weather.com

A wet, windy and snowy storm system will visit the Mid-Atlantic on Thursday afternoon.

With plenty of moisture and mid-level energy sweeping through the Ohio and Tennessee Valleys, a coastal storm will develop off the Carolina coast on Thursday and quickly strengthen.

By Thursday night, it will be positioned just off the Mid-Atlantic coast.

Strong, easterly winds will develop off the Atlantic and sweep onshore. Gusts to 50 or even 60 mph are expect to impact coastal locations over Delaware, New Jersey and Long Island.

As expected, wind advisories and high wind warnings are in place. Delaware | New Jersey

Along with the gusty onshore winds comes the threat for coastal flooding.

Onshore winds will allow for higher than average tide levels and give way to water making its way farther inland along the coast.

Coast flood advisories: New Jersey | Delaware | Connecticut | New York

This is a quick-hitting storm. It will be moving away from the Mid-Atlantic coast by Friday afternoon (if not earlier) and the southern New England coast by Friday night.

Moisture from this storm system will also spill into the higher elevations of central Pennsylvania.

It's here where a heavy wet snow is expected to fall beginning Thursday afternoon and into the early morning hours of Friday.

This is an early season storm and trees still have plenty of leaves.

The National Weather Service warns that if several inches of snow accumulates on trees, significant tree damage and damage to power lines will likely result.

I was in Ocean City at 11:00 AM, it is not a very good boating day at the Jersey shore (I am kidding). There was one fisherman in the ICW near the 14th street bridge in a 18' - 20' runabout. I will give that fisherman his due, it was raining heavy, cold, and windy...I know I would not want to be out there on the water today, or even walking down the street. Nasty day.

Bodyshot1
10-15-2009, 01:04 PM
terrific...

95south
10-15-2009, 01:12 PM
Lbi will flood a few times this week end and killington is making snow
killington high temp today 36, get the skis ready

rainmn
10-15-2009, 02:00 PM
Do you think you're going to do the Killington thing this year? I might be interested in meeting up.... speaking of Killington, here's a few pics I have on my work PC.

Yeah, we're heading up this year. There's a chance we might not leave until Friday though, since one of the guys might have to work. At this point, it's looking like he'll get out of it though.

Cash Bar
10-15-2009, 02:39 PM
It's horrible here too....like 90 today and going to cool down to 70's by Sunday.

WTF !!!

:willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

The Wizard
10-15-2009, 03:34 PM
time to take the Nor-Tech out...:sifone:

smokeybandit
10-15-2009, 04:21 PM
This is from Monmouth Beach. Starting to get nasty out there. My son goes to MAST on Sandy Hook and they have to walk outside to get to each class.

http://www.njsurfer.com/

Tantrum
10-15-2009, 05:48 PM
Snowing in Saddle River NJ right now :seeya:

rainmn
10-15-2009, 06:12 PM
The rain slowed down here by LBI, but now the wind is starting to pick up.

Looks like it's going to be a great weekend...and I'm off tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Expensive Date
10-15-2009, 06:57 PM
Glad my boat is not on the lift on the trailer from the Hudson run.

Geronimo36
10-15-2009, 08:58 PM
Snowing in Saddle River NJ right now :seeya:

Holy chit meng!!!

Crazy weather year we're having!

Geronimo36
10-15-2009, 08:59 PM
The rain slowed down here by LBI, but now the wind is starting to pick up.

Looks like it's going to be a great weekend...and I'm off tomorrow. :rolleyes:

They're calling for a 2nd Noreaster to come thru this weekend!:willy_nilly::willy_nilly:
A wintry two-punch in October
M. Ressler, Lead Meteorologist, The Weather Channel
Oct. 15, 2009 1:47 pm ET

With wintry cold air in place, two storms will bring possibly historic early-season snow plus rain and wind to the Northeast through the weekend.

The first storm will already be in the process of exiting Friday morning. Snow will momentarily taper off across southern Upstate New York and the mountains/valleys of Pennsylvania as the rain and wind lessen over the remainder of the Mid-Atlantic, southeast New York and southern New England.

On its heels, a new storm will set up shop off the Mid-Atlantic Coast this weekend with additional snow, rain and wind, especially across the eastern Mid-Atlantic, eastern New York and much of New England minus northern Maine.

Coastal areas will deal will some flooding and beach erosion.

Mountain locations in Pennsylvania could be hardest hit with over a foot of snow, bringing down the still leafed trees and power lines.

Wet snow will creep into the western and northern suburbs of Philadelphia and New York.

Temperatures will be 10 to 30 degrees below average, ranging from the 20s north to the 40s coastal Jersey and the Delmarva at night and mainly in the 30s and 40s during the day (a few 50s in southern Virginia).

By Monday, the storm will be exiting with lingering rain over New England and Tuesday should be dry region wide.

Geronimo36
10-15-2009, 09:03 PM
Update on the costal flooding......

Philadelphia, PA
3:26 pm EDT, Thu., Oct. 15, 2009

... COASTAL FLOOD WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM TO 11 AM EDT FRIDAY... ... COASTAL FLOOD WATCH NOW IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY EVENING THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY HAS ISSUED A COASTAL FLOOD WARNING... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM TO 11 AM EDT FRIDAY.

A COASTAL FLOOD WATCH IS NOW IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY EVENING THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING.

A STEADY EAST TO NORTHEAST FLOW WILL RESULT IN WIDESPREAD MODERATE TIDAL FLOODING FRIDAY MORNING ALONG THE ATLANTIC OCEANFRONT... RARITAN BAY AND ADJACENT BACK BAYS.

ANY RAINFALL AROUND THE TIMES OF HIGH TIDE WOULD EXACERBATE FLOODING... AND WAVE ACTION WILL LEAD TO MODERATE BEACH EROSION.

HIGH TIDE FRIDAY MORNING ALONG THE ATLANTIC COAST AND RARITAN BAY OCCURS BETWEEN 615 AM AND 715 AM EDT. HIGH TIDE ALONG ADJACENT BACK BAYS OCCURS UP TO A FEW HOURS LATER.

FOR THE FRIDAY MORNING HIGH TIDE... FORECAST TIDE HEIGHTS ARE 8.0 TO 8.5 FEET MLLW AT SANDY HOOK.

THE FRIDAY EVENING HIGH TIDE OCCURS ALONG THE ATLANTIC COAST AND RARITAN BAY BETWEEN 630 PM AND 730 PM EDT... AND THE SATURDAY MORNING HIGH TIDE OCCURS ALONG THE ATLANTIC COAST AND RARITAN BAY BETWEEN 700 AM AND 800 AM EDT. AGAIN... HIGH TIDE ALONG ADJACENT BACK BAYS OCCURS UP TO A FEW HOURS LATER.

FOR THE FRIDAY EVENING AND SATURDAY MORNING HIGH TIDES... POSSIBLE TIDE HEIGHTS 8.0 TO 8.5 FEET MLLW AT SANDY HOOK.

THE MAJOR CONCERN CONTINUES TO BE THAT A SUSTAINED EAST TO NORTHEAST WIND INTO SATURDAY WILL KEEP TIDAL WATERS FROM DRAINING THROUGH MULTIPLE TIDE CYCLES.

A COASTAL FLOOD WARNING MEANS THAT FLOODING IS IMMINENT. COASTAL RESIDENTS IN THE WARNED AREA SHOULD BE ALERT FOR RISING WATER... AND TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION TO PROTECT LIFE AND PROPERTY.

A COASTAL FLOOD WATCH MEANS THAT CONDITIONS FAVORABLE FOR FLOODING ARE EXPECTED TO DEVELOP. COASTAL RESIDENTS SHOULD BE ALERT FOR LATER STATEMENTS OR WARNINGS... AND TAKE ACTION TO PROTECT PROPERTY.

Geronimo36
10-15-2009, 09:07 PM
Marine Forecast (next 6-12 hours)

Wind Speed:34 mph
Wind Direction:NE (54°)
Sea State: Rough
Sea Surface Temp:66 F

Surf:
Wave Height: 13 ft. (Double overhead)
Wave Direction:ENE (78°)
Wave Period: 8 sec.

--

masher44
10-15-2009, 11:46 PM
quit crying you girl. suck it up

AIR TIME
10-16-2009, 07:30 AM

yah they were back in the 1980s for me, we use to ski the closed trails and back side. the guys I had a house with grew up there and worked the place. then when we were in our 20s and working full time they would go up there and see how many guys break something playing fallow the leader:ack2:. a lot of blown shoulders and knees:sifone:.

Geronimo36
10-16-2009, 08:55 AM
quit crying you girl. suck it up

go paddle your canoe!:rofl:

Sea-Dated
10-16-2009, 12:00 PM

He doesn't have the canoe anymore.....:biggrinjester:

Geronimo36
10-16-2009, 12:03 PM
Nice!

What did you get Jimmy?

jhenrie
10-16-2009, 08:58 PM
Here's a pic of your weather Frank

Geronimo36
10-16-2009, 09:46 PM
Here's a pic of your weather Frank

I kinda like this time of year as strange as it seems!! September thru November were always great surfing!!:26:

Philadelphia, PA
9:23 pm EDT, Fri., Oct. 16, 2009

... COASTAL FLOOD WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON EDT SATURDAY... ... COASTAL FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY HAS ISSUED A COASTAL FLOOD WATCH, WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING. THE COASTAL FLOOD WARNING IS NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON EDT SATURDAY.

THE PERSISTENT NORTHEAST WIND WILL MAINTAIN HIGH WATER LEVELS IN THE BACK BAYS. THE CONTINUED FLOW WILL ALSO CONTRIBUTE TO TIDES REACHING ABOUT THE SAME HEIGHTS FRIDAY EVENING AS WHAT WAS OBSERVED FRIDAY MORNING, EVEN THOUGH THE ASTRONOMICAL HIGH TIDE IS SLIGHTLY LOWER. THE BACK BAYS IN PARTICULAR MAY BE SLOW TO DRAIN AFTER THE HIGH TIDE.

ANOTHER AREA OF LOW PRESSURE WILL ORGANIZE OFF THE CAROLINA COAST TONIGHT, AND THEN MOVE NORTHWARD OVER THE WEEKEND. THIS WILL PROLONG THE POTENTIAL FOR TIDAL FLOODING. THE ASTRONOMICAL HIGH TIDE FOR SATURDAY MORNING IS HIGHER THAN THIS EVENING, SO THE FLOOD POTENTIAL SATURDAY MAY BE HIGHER AS WELL. AS A RESULT, THE COASTAL FLOOD WARNING HAS BEEN EXTENDED UNTIL NOON SATURDAY.

THE SATURDAY MORNING HIGH TIDE OCCURS ALONG THE OCEANFRONT BETWEEN 700 AM AND 800 AM. HIGH TIDE ALONG ADJACENT BACK BAYS AND DELAWARE BAY OCCURS UP TO A FEW HOURS LATER.

FOR THE SATURDAY MORNING HIGH TIDES, POSSIBLE TIDE HEIGHTS AROUND 7.5 FEET MLLW AT SEASIDE HEIGHTS AND ATLANTIC CITY, AROUND 8.0 FEET MLLW AT SANDY HOOK AND CAPE MAY, AND AROUND 7.5 FEET MLLW AT REHOBOTH BEACH AND BREAKWATER HARBOR.

THE MAJOR CONCERN CONTINUES TO BE THAT A SUSTAINED ONSHORE WIND INTO SUNDAY WILL KEEP TIDAL WATERS FROM DRAINING THROUGH MULTIPLE TIDE CYCLES. THE HIGH WATER LEVELS COMBINED WITH WAVE ACTION WILL CONTINUE TO CONTRIBUTE TO BEACH EROSION, ESPECIALLY DURING THE TIMES OF HIGH TIDE.

A COASTAL FLOOD WATCH MEANS THAT CONDITIONS FAVORABLE FOR FLOODING ARE EXPECTED TO DEVELOP. COASTAL RESIDENTS SHOULD BE ALERT FOR LATER STATEMENTS OR WARNINGS, AND TAKE ACTION TO PROTECT PROPERTY.

A COASTAL FLOOD WARNING MEANS THAT FLOODING IS OCCURRING OR IMMINENT. COASTAL RESIDENTS IN THE WARNED AREA SHOULD BE ALERT FOR RISING WATER, AND TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION TO PROTECT LIFE AND PROPERTY.

jhenrie
10-17-2009, 06:28 PM
Went to Barnacle Bills last night , Seven bridges rd was flooded from my old house by the gooseneck bridge to little silver point rd past Bretts dads old house. Got to Barnacles and there was 2 inches inside the dock house but had already receded a bit. Went to my moms today and there were reeds up against the garage door but no sigh of water in the house thank god !!

TMS1155
10-18-2009, 01:11 AM
This is from Monmouth Beach. Starting to get nasty out there. My son goes to MAST on Sandy Hook and they have to walk outside to get to each class.

http://www.njsurfer.com/

My son graduated from there in 98. Last class to have shop.10% of kids 90% of trouble!
Great place for a school aint it?

jhenrie
10-18-2009, 09:01 AM
Pretty interesting about the MAST Program there for anyone that hasn't heard of it.
The Marine Academy of Science and Technology (M.A.S.T.) is a coeducational four-year magnet public high school located in Sandy Hook, in Monmouth County, New Jersey, United States, serving students in ninth through twelfth grade. The school offers learning in all subjects, specializing in marine technology and science. It is one of five career academies administered by the Monmouth County Vocational School District (MCVSD). The M.A.S.T. program requires each student to participate in the Naval Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps (NJROTC).

And they can Screw this up too....... Geronimo and I spend a lot of time here @ Plum Island
Annual Cardboard Boat Armada
In early June, M.A.S.T. hosts its Freshman Cardboard Boat Armada at Plum Island, on Sandy Hook. Beginning in mid to late April, teams of up to seven freshmen are subject to design and build a cardboard boat, along with enough cardboard paddles to support their team. The teams are limited to a specific amount of cardboard based on their combined total weight, and are also limited to a can of rubber cement and 3 cans of caulk (although, humorously, some are said to have used over 11.) On the day of the Armada, Plum Island is flooded with reporters from local newspapers and news channels. During the 2008 Armada Challenge, 8 boats survived, 3 sank, and 1 disintegrated afterwards. Some names of teams from the 2008 challenge include Boogzy-Boo and The Conundrum Crew, The Polar Bear Rescue Squad, Six Chicks, Tippy Turtlez, and The Lady Vikes.

The Cardboard Boat Armada in 2009 will be the last Armada to be held at The Marine Academy. The Technology Teacher who organizes this project has cited safety and environmental impacts as reasons for discontinuing the project. it has been said that breathing in the Rubber Cement when applying it to the boats is not good for the students. The end of the year project will instead be changed to a Water-related project.

R'Addiction
10-18-2009, 09:15 AM

Goombay Smashes....got hooked on them in the Bahamas
:drool5:

scottw
10-18-2009, 09:23 AM

Is the Pickle Barrel still up near Killington? Haven't been there in years but had some good times. Need to get back into skiing to make the winter go by.

SHARKEY-IMAGES
10-18-2009, 09:26 AM
The Cardboard Boat Armada in 2009 will be the last Armada to be held at The Marine Academy. The Technology Teacher who organizes this project has cited safety and environmental impacts as reasons for discontinuing the project. it has been said that breathing in the Rubber Cement when applying it to the boats is not good for the students. The end of the year project will instead be changed to a Water-related project.

Have they not heard of charcoal respirators ?

So sad they would cancel this over something they can take common sense precautions... :(

jhenrie
10-18-2009, 09:34 AM
Goombay Smashes....got hooked on them in the Bahamas
:drool5:

I got hooked on them @ killington !!! Had a good bartender @ paradise island that made them the best though !!! :26:

jhenrie
10-18-2009, 09:35 AM
Have they not heard of charcoal respirators ?

So sad they would cancel this over something they can take common sense precautions... :(

Lets take up a collection and donate some. Maybe it would be a good safety lesson for the Kids , and the sponsor of the event !!!

smokeybandit
10-18-2009, 11:21 AM
These are from yesterday at Sandy Hook. Wind was howling.

Sean Stinson
10-18-2009, 11:54 AM
Thats not surf.....THIS IS SURF WEST COAST STYLE.....and we ain't riding bathtub waves!!!!!:26::26::26::26:

Also you can judge the size by the helicopter in one and the 6' surfer in the other one!!!!!!

DAREDEVIL
10-18-2009, 12:00 PM
Thats not surf.....THIS IS SURF WEST COAST STYLE.....and we ain't riding bathtub waves!!!!!:26::26::26::26:

Also you can judge the size by the helicopter in one and the 6' surfer in the other one!!!!!!

on my monitor they are not that big,,,1 inch maybe !!!!:sifone:

Sean Stinson
10-18-2009, 12:03 PM
on my monitor they are not that big,,,1 inch maybe !!!!:sifone:

Everything you germans have is small....:sifone:

MikeyFIN
10-18-2009, 12:09 PM
Everything you germans have is small....:sifone:

Not everything... but how should you know :sifone: ??

Geronimo36
10-18-2009, 12:12 PM
Ofshore bouys were reporting 19 ft seas this morning and 13 ft nearshore.:driving:

I was talking to my buddy last night, Seabright was flooded and it was supposed to flood again this morning. One of the tiki bars were lost to the ocean from the beach erosion.

MikeyFIN
10-18-2009, 12:14 PM

that was a good one ;)

But whoīs the one with the indian boat here would I like for a reply...:lurk5:

Geronimo36
10-18-2009, 12:23 PM

Can't beat those pacific swells, especially @ Mavericks!:driving:

But hey, we do get em here every now and then//;) ....not as big but we do... this is me surfing seabright public beach from a bunch of years ago. the close-out wave was a definite oh-chit moment.:willy_nilly: No sissies allowed! :)

I've surfed a lot in the pacific and I must say you get spoiled over there.... Not only from the waves being around most of the time but how most of the surf spots are point breaks which makes the paddle-outs much easier.. One time in El Salvador I surfed for over an hour without having to go under water.

It's wave season again on the East Coast!:26:

Geronimo36
10-18-2009, 12:31 PM
that was a good one ;)

But whoīs the one with the indian boat here would I like for a reply...:lurk5:

My canoe actually runs!:26::driving:

iZn5GOaOTiQ

Sean Stinson
10-18-2009, 12:58 PM
Ofshore bouys were reporting 19 ft seas this morning and 13 ft nearshore.:driving:

I was talking to my buddy last night, Seabright was flooded and it was supposed to flood again this morning. One of the tiki bars were lost to the ocean from the beach erosion.

I would love to go boating in that stuff

Geronimo36
10-18-2009, 01:14 PM
This noreaster wasn't as bad as Friday's... the winds are more north than northeast this time around so the waves weren't as big.. It's actually starting the clean up and is almost surfable!

rainmn
10-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Here are few from LBI today. This was at low tide.

JCPERF
10-18-2009, 04:44 PM
One time in El Salvador I surfed for over an hour without having to go under water.

One time at Bandcamp:26:

Geronimo36
10-19-2009, 09:49 AM
One time at Bandcamp:26:

One time, all my friends engines...... Nah, fogget aboud it... ;)

Wassup pal!:seeya:

smokeybandit
10-19-2009, 10:29 AM
My son graduated from there in 98. Last class to have shop.10% of kids 90% of trouble!
Great place for a school aint it?

I keep telling my son how lucky he is and he actually gets it. He is soaking up the whole experience.

smokeybandit
10-19-2009, 10:34 AM
Pretty interesting about the MAST Program there for anyone that hasn't heard of it.
The Marine Academy of Science and Technology (M.A.S.T.) is a coeducational four-year magnet public high school located in Sandy Hook, in Monmouth County, New Jersey, United States, serving students in ninth through twelfth grade. The school offers learning in all subjects, specializing in marine technology and science. It is one of five career academies administered by the Monmouth County Vocational School District (MCVSD). The M.A.S.T. program requires each student to participate in the Naval Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps (NJROTC).

And they can Screw this up too....... Geronimo and I spend a lot of time here @ Plum Island
Annual Cardboard Boat Armada
In early June, M.A.S.T. hosts its Freshman Cardboard Boat Armada at Plum Island, on Sandy Hook. Beginning in mid to late April, teams of up to seven freshmen are subject to design and build a cardboard boat, along with enough cardboard paddles to support their team. The teams are limited to a specific amount of cardboard based on their combined total weight, and are also limited to a can of rubber cement and 3 cans of caulk (although, humorously, some are said to have used over 11.) On the day of the Armada, Plum Island is flooded with reporters from local newspapers and news channels. During the 2008 Armada Challenge, 8 boats survived, 3 sank, and 1 disintegrated afterwards. Some names of teams from the 2008 challenge include Boogzy-Boo and The Conundrum Crew, The Polar Bear Rescue Squad, Six Chicks, Tippy Turtlez, and The Lady Vikes.

It was disappointing to say the least that they will not have the regatta this year. I was going to try to assemble the best minds in offshore to help my son design his boat. I figured we would have a cardboard boat that could do 200mph but could only go in small circles in flat water.

SHARKEY-IMAGES
10-20-2009, 06:30 PM
Yeah, they were having fun with that ! :sifone:

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v7/p531896080-4.jpg

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v4/p244349963-4.jpg

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v6/p534709255-4.jpg

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v7/p431647374-4.jpg

Geronimo36
10-23-2009, 10:42 AM
Yeah, they were having fun with that ! :sifone:

Tim, you may wanna think about charging the batteries and get the camera ready for this coming Sunday.....South swell coming up tomorrow and NW winds Sunday, it could be epic!:26::26:

SANDY HOOK NJ TO FIRE ISLAND INLET NY OUT 20 NM- 340 AM EDT FRI OCT 23 2009
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE TONIGHT... ...GALE WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY MORNING THROUGH LATE SATURDAY NIGHT...

.TODAY...E WINDS 15 TO 20 KT. SEAS 3 TO 5 FT. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF LIGHT RAIN LATE. .TONIGHT...SE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 KT. SEAS 4 TO 7 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE EVENING...THEN PERIODS OF RAIN AFTER MIDNIGHT. VSBY 1 TO 3 NM. .SAT...S WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 KT. SEAS 5 TO 8 FT. PERIODS OF RAIN. VSBY 1 TO 3 NM. .SAT NIGHT...S WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 35 KT...BECOMING W 15 TO 20 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT. SEAS 6 TO 9 FT...SUBSIDING TO 4 TO 7 FT AFTER MIDNIGHT. PERIODS OF RAIN. VSBY 1 TO 3 NM. .SUN...NW WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 KT. SEAS 3 TO 5 FT. .SUN NIGHT...NW WINDS 10 TO 15 KT...BECOMING N AFTER MIDNIGHT. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT. .MON...E WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS. .TUE...NE WINDS AROUND 10 KT. SEAS 2 TO 3 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

Geronimo36
10-26-2009, 04:35 PM
More waves expected this week!! :)

SANDY HOOK NJ TO FIRE ISLAND INLET NY OUT 20 NM- 341 PM EDT MON OCT 26 2009
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE TUESDAY NIGHT...

.TONIGHT...E WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...INCREASING TO 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT. .TUE...E WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 KT. SEAS 3 TO 5 FT. RAIN LIKELY IN THE AFTERNOON. .TUE NIGHT...NE WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 KT. SEAS 3 TO 5 FT. RAIN LIKELY. .WED...NE WINDS 15 TO 20 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 KT. SEAS 4 TO 6 FT. RAIN. .WED NIGHT...NE WINDS 15 TO 20 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 KT. SEAS 4 TO 6 FT. A CHANCE OF RAIN. .THU...NE WINDS 15 TO 20 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 KT...DIMINISHING TO 10 TO 15 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS 4 TO 6 FT. .THU NIGHT...E WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. SEAS 3 TO 5 FT. .FRI...S WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. SEAS 3 TO 5 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS. .SAT...SW WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 4 TO 6 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

SHARKEY-IMAGES
10-26-2009, 06:14 PM
Thanks Frank.

I was away this weekend and now sick today...

Maybe later in the week I might get a chance to get to the beach...

Geronimo36
10-27-2009, 09:34 AM
Thanks Frank.

I was away this weekend and now sick today...

Maybe later in the week I might get a chance to get to the beach...

It was 5-7' with some 8ft sets on Sunday, best swell we've had in a while! :26: It got bigger as the day went on! Monmouth Beach was the place to be!!!:gnorsi:

The beaches around here are in horrible shape, they haven't seen this much sand loss since the late 90's when they started pumping. :(

Maybe if the wizards from Army Corps did the replenishment project the right way I wouldn't be talkin about it!:lurk5:

jhenrie
10-27-2009, 03:55 PM
Soon enough they'll be pumping the mud from the bottom of the navesink out there. Watch out for that !!! The pipe is set and the dredge is in place.

Geronimo36
10-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Soon enough they'll be pumping the mud from the bottom of the navesink out there. Watch out for that !!! The pipe is set and the dredge is in place.

Jamie told me about that yesterday, how in the f@ck are they getting away with that????:boxing_smiley:

Don't get me wrong the rivers need dredging but I think these engineers have lost their minds pumping mud into the ocean......

SHARKEY-IMAGES
10-29-2009, 09:26 PM
It was 5-7' with some 8ft sets on Sunday, best swell we've had in a while! :26:

Today had to beat out Sunday ! :ack2:

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v7/p492738869-4.jpg

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v8/p93518192-4.jpg

SHARKEY-IMAGES
10-29-2009, 09:30 PM
http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v0/p294037966-4.jpg

Geronimo36
10-30-2009, 08:43 AM
Today had to beat out Sunday ! :ack2:

Nice!:driving:

Size wise yes, cleanliness no. South Swells are typically the best in NJ. ;)

Further south the NE Swells can be really good though...because south of Manesquan the coast turns in so you get some angle with the NE swell!

NE Swell = biggest
South = cleanest longest rides!

Geronimo36
10-30-2009, 08:49 AM
Tim,

Sunday might be another good day!

COASTAL WATERS FROM SANDY HOOK TO MANASQUAN INLET NJ OUT 20 NM- COASTAL WATERS FROM MANASQUAN INLET TO LITTLE EGG INLET NJ OUT 20 NM- 400 AM EDT FRI OCT 30 2009
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH THIS EVENING...

.TODAY...SE WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 5 TO 7 FT. .TONIGHT...S WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 4 TO 5 FT...SUBSIDING TO 3 TO 4 FT. .SAT...S WINDS 15 TO 20 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 KT. SEAS 3 TO 4 FT...BUILDING TO 4 TO 6 FT. .SAT NIGHT...SW WINDS 15 TO 20 KT...BECOMING NW. SEAS 4 TO 6 FT...SUBSIDING TO 3 TO 4 FT.

SHARKEY-IMAGES
10-30-2009, 09:26 PM
Tim,

Sunday might be another good day!

Thanks !

These guys in Belmar today didn't let me down... The one kid was amazing! He managed to rip up anything he got his board onto.

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v1/p764594024-4.jpg

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v7/p76950653-4.jpg

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v8/p324580961-4.jpg

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v5/p387541853-4.jpg

MikeyFIN
10-31-2009, 06:18 AM
Cool Pics!!!

Makes me wanna go sailing!

SHARKEY-IMAGES
10-31-2009, 09:02 AM
Cool Pics!!!

Makes me wanna go sailing!
Thanks !

They do that now too !!!

Kite surfing:

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v4/p592482054-5.jpg

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v4/p543190700-4.jpg

Geronimo36
11-01-2009, 08:41 AM
nice pics Tim!

Wave season!

glh
11-01-2009, 09:28 AM
It's coming!!!!

Geronimo36
11-02-2009, 10:41 AM
This week ain't lookin much different... more surf, more beach erosion, chance of flooding....

MON NOV 2 2009
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH TUESDAY AFTERNOON...

.TODAY...NE WINDS 15 TO 20 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 KT. SEAS 4 TO 7 FT. A CHANCE OF LIGHT RAIN. .TONIGHT...NE WINDS 15 TO 20 KT...BECOMING N 10 TO 15 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT. GUSTS UP TO 25 KT. SEAS 4 TO 7 FT. .TUE...NW WINDS 10 TO 15 KT...INCREASING TO 15 TO 20 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS 3 TO 5 FT. .TUE NIGHT...NW WINDS 15 TO 20 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 KT. SEAS 3 TO 5 FT. .WED...NW WINDS 15 TO 20 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 KT...BECOMING W AROUND 10 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS 3 TO 5 FT. .WED NIGHT...SW WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...INCREASING TO 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT. .THU...SW WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...INCREASING TO 10 TO 15 KT IN THE AFTERNOON...THEN BECOMING W 15 TO 20 KT. SEAS 3 TO 5 FT. .FRI...W WINDS 15 TO 20 KT...DIMINISHING TO 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 3 TO 5 FT.

Philadelphia, PA
3 am EST, Mon., Nov. 2, 2009

... COASTAL FLOOD ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON EST TODAY...

A COASTAL FLOOD ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON EST TODAY.

THE COMBINATION OF THE FULL MOON AND A NORTHEAST FLOW TODAY MAY CAUSE SOME MINOR TIDAL FLOODING AROUND THE TIME OF HIGH TIDE THIS MORNING.

LOW PRESSURE MOVING NORTHWARD FROM OFF THE NORTH CAROLINA COAST AND HIGH PRESSURE NORTH OF OUR AREA WILL BRING THE NORTHEAST FLOW THAT WILL CONTINUE TODAY AND INTO TONIGHT. THE FLOW WILL BE MORE NORTHERLY TUESDAY.

HIGH TIDE ALONG THE OCEAN FRONT IS FROM 6:00 AM EST UNTIL 7:30 AM EST... AN HOUR OR TWO LATER IN THE ADJACENT BACK BAYS... AND FROM 9:30 AM EST TO 10:30 AM EST UP DELAWARE BAY.

UNLIKE THE 6 OR 7 HIGH TIDE CYCLE EVENT DURING MID-OCTOBER... THIS EVENT WILL BE JUST FOR TODAY... AND POSSIBLY TUESDAY MORNING. WHILE MINOR TIDAL FLOODING FOR TUESDAY MORNING IS OF LOW CONFIDENCE AT THIS TIME... WATER LEVELS MAY CONTINUE TO BE ELEVATED AND THE NORMAL HIGH TIDE IS A FEW TENTHS OF A FOOT HIGHER ON TUESDAY. IF MINOR TIDAL FLOODING LOOKS MORE CERTAIN... A COASTAL FLOOD ADVISORY WOULD BE ISSUED LATER TODAY FOR TUESDAY MORNING.

Geronimo36
11-03-2009, 10:23 AM
Good surf day today. :)

May have to bail outta work!

jhenrie
11-04-2009, 10:14 AM
Man the water is getting close to the hobie cat. Skip might want to get it off the beach this winter.

Geronimo36
11-12-2009, 08:49 AM
Here we go again!!! 12-17 ft seas.... They're saying the flooding could be worse than since April 2007... We're getting pounded this year and wave season just started.... Long winter/spring to go...............

"...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT THROUGH FRIDAY EVENING...

.TODAY...NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. A CHANCE OF RAIN. .TONIGHT...NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT. RAIN LIKELY. .FRI...NE WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 16 FT. PERIODS OF RAIN. .FRI NIGHT...NE WINDS 25 TO 30 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 35 KT...DIMINISHING TO 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 11 TO 16 FT. RAIN LIKELY. .SAT...N WINDS AROUND 15 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 KT. SEAS 11 TO 16 FT. A CHANCE OF RAIN. .SAT NIGHT...N WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT...SUBSIDING TO 8 TO 11 FT. A CHANCE OF RAIN. .SUN...N WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 7 TO 10 FT...SUBSIDING TO 5 TO 8 FT. .MON...NE WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 4 TO 7 FT...SUBSIDING TO 3 TO 5 FT. "

... COASTAL FLOOD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 PM EST FRIDAY...

A COASTAL FLOOD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 PM EST FRIDAY.

WITH HIGH PRESSURE TO OUR NORTH AND LOW PRESSURE TO OUR SOUTH... A STRONG AND PERSISTENT NORTHEAST FLOW IS EXPECTED ALONG THE COASTS OF NEW JERSEY AND DELAWARE INTO THE WEEKEND. AS A RESULT... TIDAL DEPARTURES WILL CONTINUE TO INCREASE. WIDESPREAD MINOR TIDAL FLOODING IS EXPECTED FOR TODAY... WITH SPOTTY MODERATE FLOODING IN SOUTHERN DELAWARE AND IN EXTREME SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY. FOR TONIGHT INTO FRIDAY... WIDESPREAD MODERATE TIDAL FLOODING IS EXPECTED... WITH SOME SEVERE TIDAL FLOODING POSSIBLE IN PARTS OF SOUTHERN DELAWARE.

THE STRONG ONSHORE FLOW WILL NOT ALLOW WATER TO DRAIN FROM THE BACK BAYS OF NEW JERSEY AND DELAWARE DURING THE NEXT FEW TIDE CYCLES. MANY ROADWAYS WILL BECOME FLOODED.

THE HIGH SURF WILL WORSEN ANY TIDAL FLOODING AND IT WILL RESULT IN MODERATE TO SEVERE BEACH EROSION. RAINFALL WILL ALSO COMPOUND THE TIDAL FLOODING.

FOR SANDY HOOK... NEW JERSEY ON THE BAY SIDE... HIGH TIDE OCCURS AT 353 PM THIS AFTERNOON WITH A FORECAST HEIGHT APPROACHING 7 FEET MLLW. FOR FRIDAY MORNING... THE HIGH TIDE IS AT 434 AM WITH A FORECAST HEIGHT OF 7.5 TO 8 FEET MLLW. FRIDAY AFTERNOON'S HIGH TIDE IS AT 451 PM WITH A FORECAST HEIGHT AROUND 7.5 FEET MLLW.

FOR MONMOUTH COUNTY IN NEW JERSEY... THE TIDAL FLOODING OVERNIGHT INTO EARLY FRIDAY MAY BE THE WORST SINCE APRIL OF 2007.

Geronimo36
11-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Lil weather update....:leaving:

"The persistent onshore flow will also result in significant coastal flooding, beach erosion and building waves. The water rises combined with the high tides could reach historic levels of 5 to 8 feet, not felt in SE Virginia since the big nor'easters in January and February of 1998 and Isabel in 2003 on Thursday afternoon and again on Friday Morning.

You are urged to take precautions and get ready for serious flooding and coastal overwash, especially during high tides overnight through Friday.

Coastal flood watches and warnings extend from New Jersey southward to the Outer Banks of North Carolina and as far inland as the Potomac in D.C. and up the Delaware to Philadlephia. The high cycles, between 3 to 5 p.m. and 3 to 5 a.m. Thursday and Friday, will be the time of most concern for coastal flooding.

A peak water rise of 4 to 6 feet (locally higher) is expected from coastal Virginia to the northernmost North Carolina Outer Banks. This could put the water up to near 8 feet during high tides on Thursday Night and Friday Morning. This would move water into Hampton Roads and Norfolk areas in southeast Virginia. Need to plan accordingly and be ready for the worst. This could match the nor'easters that hit in January and February in 1998 and Hurricane Isabel in 2003 for water rise, especially during high tides.

Waves will be on the rise through Friday, peaking between 14 and 24 feet from the Del-Mar-Va to the northernmost Outer Banks. Areas from Southern New England to Long Island and coastal New Jersey will peak between 12 and 20 feet later Friday."

jhenrie
11-12-2009, 05:58 PM
Ouch !!!

Not Right
11-12-2009, 07:19 PM
it's all yours, I think we got about 7 1/2 " of rain so far,

Expensive Date
11-12-2009, 09:09 PM
Its nasty here

Formula 382 sr-1
11-17-2009, 09:56 PM
Just got done with 18 to 22 hr days to get the lights back on. all pix are from Chesapeake Hampton Norfolk and Va Beach Va.

Formula 382 sr-1
11-17-2009, 09:58 PM
Four days of wind rain and high tides I'm over it.

Formula 382 sr-1
11-17-2009, 09:59 PM
More

Formula 382 sr-1
11-17-2009, 10:01 PM
227,000 out of power at the hight of the storm.

Formula 382 sr-1
11-17-2009, 10:03 PM
more

Formula 382 sr-1
11-17-2009, 10:05 PM
The Nights In Rodanthe house NC Hwy 12 closed.

Formula 382 sr-1
11-17-2009, 10:09 PM
Lynnhaven fishing pier

Formula 382 sr-1
11-17-2009, 10:11 PM
More of the pier

Formula 382 sr-1
11-17-2009, 10:13 PM
Boats

Formula 382 sr-1
11-17-2009, 10:14 PM
Before / after

Formula 382 sr-1
11-17-2009, 10:15 PM
more

Formula 382 sr-1
11-17-2009, 10:17 PM
Water

Formula 382 sr-1
11-17-2009, 10:18 PM
The bar in south norfolk

Formula 382 sr-1
11-17-2009, 10:22 PM
more

Formula 382 sr-1
11-17-2009, 10:24 PM
:ack2::ack2::ack2:

Not Right
11-17-2009, 11:14 PM
wow, I live here and didnt see half those pic's on the news, awesome shot of the Ghost Ship that went adrift. Got one of the barge off Sandbridge?

Good work getting everyone back online!

Formula 382 sr-1
11-18-2009, 12:06 AM
wow, I live here and didnt see half those pic's on the news, awesome shot of the Ghost Ship that went adrift. Got one of the barge off Sandbridge?

Good work getting everyone back online!

Yup and Thanks

Formula 382 sr-1
11-18-2009, 12:08 AM
more

Shah Mat
11-18-2009, 07:10 AM
This was Wednesday 11/11 in Nomini VA. (below Colonial Beach) Didn't get it as bad but I guess it was time to get the ski boat off the lift for the winter. We had to use the tractor to get to the dock. :eek: The water was high enough by Friday to probably float the boat off.

Geronimo36
11-18-2009, 10:11 AM
Wow, you guys got hammered down south! We didn't get it half as bad up here, maybe a 4' tidal surge. Southern NJ got it worse than up by me.

They've declared state of emergency in all 6 coastal counties here in NJ and the beaches are in bad shape but not nearly as bad as you guys had it.

It's only a few days later and we have small craft advisories up again.... Unless the pattern changes the stage has been set for a long winter on the coastline.

...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH THIS AFTERNOON...

.TODAY...E WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 3 TO 6 FT. .TONIGHT...E WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 3 TO 4 FT. .THU...E WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 3 TO 4 FT IN THE MORNING AND 4 TO 6 FT IN THE AFTERNOON. A CHANCE OF LIGHT RAIN IN THE MORNING...THEN A CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE AFTERNOON. .THU NIGHT...SE WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 KT. SEAS 4 TO 6 FT. RAIN LIKELY. .FRI...W WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 KT. SEAS 3 TO 5 FT IN THE MORNING AND 2 TO 4 FT IN THE AFTERNOON. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE MORNING. .FRI NIGHT...NW WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 KT. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT. .SAT...N WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 3 TO 5 FT. .SUN...NE WINDS 15 TO 20 KT. SEAS 4 TO 6 FT. A CHANCE OF RAIN.

Geronimo36
11-18-2009, 10:12 AM
one more

Geronimo36
11-21-2009, 03:27 PM

Sean, here's some "West Coast" (centra america) footage of me back in 1998. Can't believe it's been 11 years now....:ack2:
C_pVN2OxqGQ

SHARKEY-IMAGES
12-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Today was the day !!!

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v4/p78958753-4.jpg

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v6/p521773095-4.jpg

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/img/v1/p8348936-4.jpg

AIR TIME
12-05-2009, 02:55 PM
The Nights In Rodanthe house NC Hwy 12 closed.

that pic of the house on stilts reminds me of a friends house that he rebuilt after the storm of 78. his had telephone poles which snaped with everyone elses in 78.so he rebuilt with hugh cement colums and steel beams in 90, we spent a night while it was this being built wanted to see how a northeaster would react on the house and the houses around him were falling apart again and his didn't creek like the others or twist up. he offered to rebuild the houses around him but people didn't want to spend the money:smash: so there lose. its still there but others have given up around him.

Geronimo36
12-05-2009, 04:41 PM
Today was the day !!!

That was a great s/se swell!! :)

There were even left overs Friday AM!

I need to ge me a new 5mil!!:driving:

Geronimo36
12-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Winter is finally here.........

We're supposed to get 1-3" of snow in central NJ tonight. Can't wait to play with my daughter in it tomorrow!!!! :)

jhenrie
12-06-2009, 03:05 PM
Frank . C'mon we're a little too close to the water for snow yet. I know it snowed last night but not gonna stick before christmas . Here's a couple pics from that storm a couple weks ago I forgot to post.

Geronimo36
12-09-2009, 11:36 AM
The ocean is really p-issed off again.....:willy_nilly::willy_nilly: Tomorrow or later today should be a good surf day!:sifone:

Sandy Hook NJ to Fire Island Inlet NY out 20 nm - 10:17 AM EST Wed Dec 09 2009...Gale warning in effect through late tonight...

.Today...Se winds 25 to 30 kt with gusts up to 40 kt...Becoming
SW 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt this afternoon. Seas 11 to
16 ft...Subsiding to 9 to 12 ft this afternoon. A chance of rain
late this morning...Then a slight chance of rain this afternoon.
vsby 1 to 3 nm late this morning.
.Tonight...W winds 25 to 30 kt with gusts up to 45 kt. Seas 7 to
10 ft...Subsiding to 6 to 8 ft after midnight. A chance of showers
in the evening.
.Thu...W winds 25 to 30 kt with gusts up to 40 kt. Seas 6 to 9 ft.
.Thu night...W winds 25 to 30 kt with gusts up to 45 kt. Seas 6 to
9 ft.
.Fri...W winds 25 to 30 kt with gusts up to 45 kt. Seas 6 to 9 ft.
.Fri night...W winds 25 to 30 kt...Diminishing to 20 to 25 kt after
midnight. Seas 5 to 8 ft.

Geronimo36
12-09-2009, 11:39 AM
Philadelphia, PA
10:35 am EST, Wed., Dec. 9, 2009

... COASTAL FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM EST THIS AFTERNOON...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY HAS ISSUED A COASTAL FLOOD ADVISORY... WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM EST THIS AFTERNOON.

TIDAL DEPARTURES ALONG THE CENTRAL AND NORTHERN NEW JERSEY COAST WILL PRODUCE MINOR TIDAL FLOODING, POSSIBLY NEARLY MODERATE AT THE TIME OF HIGH TIDE THIS AFTERNOON.

HIGH TIDE AT SEASIDE HEIGHTS OCCURS AROUND 1 PM AND AT SANDY HOOK AROUND 130 PM. PLEASE MOVE YOUR VEHICLE BEFORE THE TIDE OF HIGH TIDE OCCURS.. HEAVY RAINS COMBINED WITH THE INCOMING TIDE HAS ADDED TO THE POTENTIAL FOR STREET FLOODING.

A COASTAL FLOOD ADVISORY INDICATES THAT ONSHORE WINDS AND TIDES WILL COMBINE TO GENERATE FLOODING OF LOW AREAS ALONG THE SHORE.

glh
12-09-2009, 12:31 PM
So much of that white crap here I had to make space for the car to thaw out in the garage at work...

Geronimo36
12-09-2009, 04:50 PM
So much of that white crap here I had to make space for the car to thaw out in the garage at work...

Nice, looks like you got a pretty good dumping!:ack2: 57* and rain in NJ but strong winds last night...

Winds have already shifted offshore so the surf is starting to clean up!:sifone:

Geronimo36
12-18-2009, 09:16 AM
Anyone dreaming of a white Christmas????

"Winter Storm Takes Aim on Mid-Atlantic
by Tim Ballisty , on Dec 17, 2009 9:28 am ET
8am Friday Update: Computer weather models are not in complete agreement at this hour. The event is within 12 hours from beginning in the Southeast (SC, NC) so let's go with where our confidence is highest.

There will be a major snow event for western and central North Carolina. There will be a major snow event for nearly the entire state of Virginia.

Washington, DC - this is still a major snowstorm for you. Delaware, you are in the snow crosshairs too.

South Jersey, get ready for a plowable snow.

This is where things get tricky. Does the winter storm take more of an easterly track and move away from the big Northeast cities of the I-95 corridor.

Or does the winter storm, intensify into an even more powerful storm, head north and produce blizzard conditions for Philadelphia, New York City and eventually Boston.

That is the major question of the morning. We still don't have a concrete answer. But we'll continue to follow the latest updates through the morning.

In the meantime winter storm warnings and watches are plastered across the Mid-Atlantic and parts of the Northeast.

A blizzard watch is in effect for Long Island."

Geronimo36
12-18-2009, 09:18 AM
Philadelphia, PA
4:40 am EST, Fri., Dec. 18, 2009

... WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH LATE SATURDAY NIGHT...

A WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH LATE SATURDAY NIGHT.

SNOW IS EXPECTED TO OVERSPREAD THE AREA FROM SOUTH TO NORTH EARLY SATURDAY. THE SNOW COULD BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES DURING SATURDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT BEFORE TAPERING OFF EARLY SUNDAY. THERE IS THE POTENTIAL FOR A SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL THIS WEEKEND.

THE SNOW COULD FALL HEAVY AT TIMES... WHICH MAY COMBINE WITH GUSTY NORTHERLY WINDS TO PRODUCE AREAS OF BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW. THIS MAY CAUSE DANGEROUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS SATURDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT. THE STRONGEST WINDS SHOULD BE ACROSS AREAS CLOSER TO THE COAST.

THERE IS STILL CONSIDERABLE UNCERTAINTY AS TO THE TRACK OF THIS DEVELOPING STORM. IF A MORE WESTWARD TRACK MATERIALIZES, SNOW AMOUNTS COULD REACH WARNING CRITERIA IN THE WATCH AREA. A MORE EASTWARD TRACK WOULD YIELD LIGHTER AMOUNTS.

A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW... SLEET... OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS.

AugiePensa
12-18-2009, 10:14 AM
Gonna stop at Joey Leones in Point Pleasant Saturday afternoon, get my Italian goodies and I could care less what happens outside. Fresh Mozz, Salami, GREAT Italian Bread, Eggplant Parm and on and on. Let it snow, let it snow LET IT SNOW! Be Safe everyone!

Seafordguy
12-18-2009, 01:32 PM
I'll throw up some pics from the last one.

Preparation is key - put the toys in the living room and kitchen!!!

Seafordguy
12-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Street, Culd-e-sac, back deck.....

Geronimo36
12-18-2009, 01:38 PM
Gonna stop at Joey Leones in Point Pleasant Saturday afternoon, get my Italian goodies and I could care less what happens outside. Fresh Mozz, Salami, GREAT Italian Bread, Eggplant Parm and on and on. Let it snow, let it snow LET IT SNOW! Be Safe everyone!

Thanks Augie, now I'm starving and craving some good italian food.....:willy_nilly::)

Seafordguy
12-18-2009, 01:41 PM
It is always a weird feeling when things are floating in your garage.

Looking across at my parents' house......

Looking out from our back deck.

jhenrie
12-18-2009, 02:28 PM

The door in your trailer must be wider than mine , I can't get the quad in the house ~~!!!!:bump:

Seafordguy
12-18-2009, 02:47 PM
The door in your trailer must be wider than mine , I can't get the quad in the house ~~!!!!:bump:

You've got to get some french doors.....makes life easier!!

glh
12-18-2009, 03:12 PM
leaving for FL tomorrow...

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs088.snc3/15564_1204251938818_1004203644_30528544_838599_n.jpg

Pat D
12-18-2009, 03:22 PM

OMG that sounds good.........BUT.....AUGIE MY BOY.....ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO BE EATING THAT GOOD STUFF???????
Go easy......pace yourself..........:kiss:

Weather isn't that great here either....... large planes are looming over little Marathon airport because they can't land in MIA. or FLL today.
Happy Holidays everybody....PD

Fast Shafts
12-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Don't worry Seaford-it will all be snow this time!

DollaBill
12-18-2009, 03:28 PM

Where's that place Augie? sounds good

Seafordguy
12-18-2009, 03:42 PM
Don't worry Seaford-it will all be snow this time!

Unfortunately that is all tidal water. Rain water doesn't affect us, we just live in a low area.

AND I HATE snow!!!!!!!!!!!

AugiePensa
12-18-2009, 04:51 PM
Hey Billy, it's in Point Pleasant,NJ. The owners are from Union City where I'm from, we all grew up together. Billy, it's THE BEST! When and if you come up I'll take you there or by Bruce(IMAX), he's got a GREAT Resturant in NYC. Ma, I'm only allowed on Sunday! Love Ya

thedonz
12-18-2009, 05:04 PM

Looks like that boat in the pic can't wait till summer :sifone:

Geronimo36
12-18-2009, 05:59 PM
UPDATED INFORMATION....

Philadelphia, PA
4:12 pm EST, Fri., Dec. 18, 2009

... WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM SATURDAY TO 6 AM EST SUNDAY...

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM SATURDAY TO 6 AM EST SUNDAY.

SNOW IS EXPECTED TO OVERSPREAD THE AREA FROM SOUTH TO NORTH EARLY SATURDAY MORNING. THE SNOW WILL BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES SATURDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT BEFORE TAPERING OFF SUNDAY MORNING. A STORM TOTAL SNOWFALL OF 8 TO 14 INCHES IS EXPECTED BY THE TIME THIS STORM ENDS. THE SNOW WILL MIX WITH RAIN AT TIMES RIGHT ALONG THE COAST, WHICH WILL TEND TO HOLD THE SNOW AMOUNTS DOWN FOR A TIME. A CHANGE IN THE TRACK OF THE STORM HOWEVER WILL ALTER THE SNOWFALL AMOUNTS.

THE SNOW, HEAVY AT TIMES, COMBINED WITH NORTHEAST TO NORTH WINDS OF 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS 30 TO 40 MPH WILL PRODUCE AREAS OF BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW. WIND GUSTS CLOSER TO AND AT THE COAST COULD GUST UP TO 50 MPH AT TIMES DURING THE HEIGHT OF THE STORM. THE ACCUMULATING SNOW, STRONG WINDS AND COLD TEMPERATURES WILL CAUSE DANGEROUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS SATURDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT WITH GREATLY REDUCED VISIBILITIES.

A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW, SLEET, OR ICE ARE EXPECTED. STRONG WINDS ARE ANTICIPATED. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE.

More Information
... HEAVY SNOW AND GUSTY WINDS TO AFFECT THE AREA LATE TONIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY NIGHT...

.AN AREA OF LOW PRESSURE IN NORTHERN FLORIDA EARLY THIS EVENING WILL MOVE TO THE NORTH CAROLINA COAST BY SATURDAY MORNING. IT WILL THEN MOVE NORTHEASTWARD TO THE CANADIAN MARITIMES SUNDAY. THIS STORM WILL PRODUCE A SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL ACROSS THE REGION, AND GUSTY WINDS WILL PRODUCE AREAS OF BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW.

OldSchool
12-18-2009, 06:00 PM
They are calling for 18+ inches here in the DC area.:eek::eek::eek::cheers2:

sellsman11
12-18-2009, 06:11 PM

That would put the snow up to your waist!:sifone: Be careful out there.:cheers2:

Tommy Gun
12-19-2009, 07:58 AM
That would put the snow up to your waist!:sifone: Be careful out there.:cheers2:

LOL! Gonna need to put a lift kit on the Gator.

catastrophe
12-19-2009, 08:24 AM

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Post of the week !!!

That would get his " I work at the Senate" business cards all wet.:):)

Pete B
12-19-2009, 08:34 AM
This sux, Suppose to heading home for christmas, go thru JFK, Co-worker was supposed to leave last night for DC, he hasnt left yet. we are heading to Frankfurt tonight, then from there its a crap shoot. Hope I make it home!

OldSchool
12-19-2009, 09:23 AM
:icon_bs:

Don't confuse me with BobbyB!!
:D:sifone::seeya:

8 inches on the ground and they're calling for 12-16 more. Not a big deal for those of you that deal with this chit on a regular basis....but this area doesn't have the facilities to deal with it. Everything will be shut down for days!! We're under a blizzard warning. They just said on the news that it's the first time since 1899 for that!!

....except for our neighborhood bar. The owner lives right next door!:cheers2::cheers2: The Gator will get us there ;):cheers2:

Macklin
12-19-2009, 10:09 AM
Damn! All we are getting here is more horizontal rain! Been one wet and windy season.

Formula 382 sr-1
12-19-2009, 10:12 AM
Damn! All we are getting here is more horizontal rain! Been one wet and windy season.

A good day to drink , Other's however have to go to work because of it.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Spicy
12-19-2009, 10:59 AM

8 inches on the ground and they're calling for 12-16 more. Not a big deal for those of you that deal with this chit on a regular basis....but this area doesn't have the facilities to deal with it. Everything will be shut down for days!! We're under a blizzard warning. They just said on the news that it's the first time since 1899 for that!!

....except for our neighborhood bar. The owner lives right next door!:cheers2::cheers2: The Gator will get us there ;):cheers2:

yep over night we went from winter storm warnings to Bizzard conditions overnight.... we are getting 2" of snow an hour...

only one thing to do fire up the snow blower for a few minutes then go to the local bar!!!! call me when you head that way Craig!!:driving::driving::sifone:

excalibur27
12-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Lmao

Geronimo36
12-19-2009, 11:12 AM

wow, 10-15" here.

BobbyB
12-19-2009, 11:59 AM

:D:sifone::seeya:

Your a funny guy there.:ack2::ack2:

Geronimo36
12-19-2009, 03:06 PM
only a dusting here so far but it just started snowing hard so I guess it's "game on"!

JHolxXWLho8

OldSchool
12-19-2009, 03:28 PM
Your a funny guy there.:ack2::ack2:

Love ya Lil' buddy!!!:kiss::cheers2:
Just took a few pictures, we've got a ton of snow and it's still snowin like a MoFo!!!!!!

I shoveled most of the driveway with no chest pains. Life is good!!!!!!:sifone::cheers2:

DollaBill
12-19-2009, 03:32 PM
just started about an hour ago here in Hillsborough NJ and it's coming down hard

OldSchool
12-19-2009, 03:32 PM
More

MarylandMark
12-19-2009, 04:17 PM
We got a LOT here...

rainmn
12-19-2009, 04:30 PM
Been snowing all day down here near LBI. They are calling for 12 - 20 inches.

Expensive Date
12-19-2009, 05:23 PM
Just spent two hours on the Kubota doing my driveway and a bunch of neighbors.About 12 inches so far saying 18-24 now.Starting to remind me of the 96 storm.

yesrej
12-19-2009, 07:43 PM
i still got nothing up here....just waiting.

03darkshadow
12-19-2009, 08:09 PM
about 12-14" around here. the plow trucks are goin at it, but just the main roads, and even they are horrible. the side roads are not possible to go through unless you have a 4wd truck, and even that is sketchy. once it drifts which its supposed to do because its going to get windy there will be no way to get down the side roads.

Geronimo36
12-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Just spent two hours on the Kubota doing my driveway and a bunch of neighbors.About 12 inches so far saying 18-24 now.Starting to remind me of the 96 storm.

Amazing how much difference 50 miles can make! We didn't really get snow till around 2pm and accumulating around 4pm, now we have about 4-5 inches but its coming down hard now!

Looks like south is definitely gettingit worse!

ThrottleUp Props
12-19-2009, 09:14 PM
Hey Old School...thank you for posting the picture of the snow at your place! You know we like it in Florida without the cold white stuff, but it is sure is pretty to see pictures of. Like they say a snowballs chance in the south.... is slim to none.

Thank you for Christmas Dream Craig!

Julie

Expensive Date
12-20-2009, 12:53 AM
Amazing how much difference 50 miles can make! We didn't really get snow till around 2pm and accumulating around 4pm, now we have about 4-5 inches but its coming down hard now!

Its really bad down here now.Got about 20 inches and still snowing was just out on the tractor plowing and you can't see with the snow blowing.
Will post some pictures tomorrow

yesrej
12-20-2009, 11:28 AM

your right frank, i think i only got an inch or two. guess i got lucky.

Gladhe8er
12-20-2009, 12:31 PM
A foot here in SW CT. I couldn't get my sled trailer out to take the Arctic Cat for a rip on the streets.

Geronimo36
12-20-2009, 01:26 PM
Its really bad down here now.Got about 20 inches and still snowing was just out on the tractor plowing and you can't see with the snow blowing.

Nice! I spoke to my sister Fran this morning, she's about 20 miles south of your place, she said she has 2 ft! :ack2::willy_nilly:

14" here in Middletown, just got done blowing the driveway at my house and drove over to Red Bank and took care of my mothers. :driving:

When my daughter gets up from her nap we're going sledding at the park, gonna be fun!!!!! :)

ThrottleUp Props
12-20-2009, 01:42 PM
You guys be safe and try to stay warm!

Julie

Expensive Date
12-20-2009, 08:26 PM

From today

Expensive Date
12-20-2009, 08:30 PM

My wife's Christmas present that she got friday night Yukon Denali.Backyard and me on the tractor.

ThrottleUp Props
12-20-2009, 08:49 PM
Wow thats al lot of snow my friend! Poor Denali...but I did notice its got a beautiful new home!!!

The snow looks awesome! Thanks for the pictures ED!

Julie

MikeyFIN
12-20-2009, 09:05 PM

Were getting some too but your Snowstorms hit the news here too.
Be Safe.

Geronimo36
12-20-2009, 09:37 PM
pretty great afternoon playing in the snow!

OldSchool
12-20-2009, 10:38 PM
Hey Old School...thank you for posting the picture of the snow at your place! You know we like it in Florida without the cold white stuff, but it is sure is pretty to see pictures of. Like they say a snowballs chance in the south.... is slim to none.

Thank you for Christmas Dream Craig!

Julie

Your welcome Julie. Same shots, one day later.:)
We ended up with 21 inches.:sifone:

OldSchool
12-20-2009, 10:40 PM
I put Nancy to work early this morning.:rolleyes::sifone:

OldSchool
12-20-2009, 10:43 PM
After a big breakfast..... We Played hard!!!!!!!:driving::sifone:

OldSchool
12-20-2009, 10:46 PM
:cheers2:

OldSchool
12-20-2009, 10:50 PM
Since the roads were a mess and we were sure that the PoPo were busy, we decided to drive our "toys" up to our local restaurany/bar for a little lunch. It's just under a mile.:driving::driving:

OldSchool
12-20-2009, 10:52 PM
:cheers2:

glh
12-21-2009, 12:08 AM
Finally in Florida on the Azimut after flying to JFK getting told our flights have been cancelled and the next flight open for us is Tuesday...

So we rented the Nissan Altima for the whole family drove through the blizzard last night from New York left at 4PM to the border of VA and NC 2AM stayed in a hotel and got to the boat tonight at 9PM.

One question.... Do the state of Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia own any snowplow???
Beat my record of seeing 19 cars in the ditch on a trip... it is now 48... Does anyone here know how to drive on snow???

Geronimo36
12-21-2009, 08:51 AM
Damn glh, you were determined!!!!

As for the question about the snow driving and plows.... Pretty sure south of mason dixon not many people know how to drive in the snow and they claim they don't have the equipment but it does snow down there......I must say they did a pretty good job where I live... Main roads were plowed before anyone got up and my road was done in the middle of the night and again mid-morning. I saw about 4-5 cars in the ditch yesterday, all little cars that don't belong on the road during a blizzard!

Geronimo36
12-21-2009, 06:13 PM
Couple pics from the storm! :)

DollaBill
12-21-2009, 06:22 PM
+1 for that sticker on the back of that john deere. I really do think we're nuts LOL

Expensive Date
12-21-2009, 07:26 PM
.. Does anyone here know how to drive on snow???

In a word.... No

t500hps
12-21-2009, 07:50 PM
Finally in Florida on the Azimut after flying to JFK getting told our flights have been cancelled and the next flight open for us is Tuesday...

So we rented the Nissan Altima for the whole family drove through the blizzard last night from New York left at 4PM to the border of VA and NC 2AM stayed in a hotel and got to the boat tonight at 9PM.

One question.... Do the state of Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia own any snowplow???
Beat my record of seeing 19 cars in the ditch on a trip... it is now 48... Does anyone here know how to drive on snow???

I'm in Va just north of Richmond and only a mile off 95......we have a couple snowplows but not many. This storm dumped more snow in VA then the total of the last 3 winters...COMBINED. Nearly 2 ft from here towards DC.
Since we get so little snow, fools with 4x4 think they can drive like they normally would on dry roads!!!

jhenrie
12-21-2009, 08:55 PM
Yummy set up the lights in the yard last night and we took the kids down the hill on saucers. Great fun for kids and adults !!!!!! :cheers2: The wife looks a little scared here !! Jack loved it. One good wipeout too !