PDA

View Full Version : Finally, Boat racing on the radio

rchevelle71
10-01-2009, 07:46 AM
I have been saying it for years this needs to happen. As a Crew chief for more than one team over the past 7 or so years, there have been many times I was on the beach counting laps, scoring and timing when someone comes up to me and says "whats going on out there, is this some kind of race?" Today on my way into work I was listening to the Bubba the love Sponge show(based in Tampa/Clearwater, but nationally syndicated, and replayed on Sirius satelite by howard Stern). When out of the Blue he starts talking about the big SBI race in Clearwater this coming weekend, not sure if anyone put him up to it, or if so was it Clearwater, or SBI? Doesnt matter, what matters is when I am there this weekend on the beach people will know why we are there, and hopefully drag people out just to see us

Ratickle
10-01-2009, 07:49 AM
I have been saying it for years this needs to happen. As a Crew chief for more than one team over the past 7 or so years, there have been many times I was on the beach counting laps, scoring and timing when someone comes up to me and says "whats going on out there, is this some kind of race?" Today on my way into work I was listening to the Bubba the love Sponge show(based in Tampa/Clearwater, but nationally syndicated, and replayed on Sirius satelite by howard Stern). When out of the Blue he starts talking about the big SBI race in Clearwater this coming weekend, not sure if anyone put him up to it, or if so was it Clearwater, or SBI? Doesnt matter, what matters is when I am there this weekend on the beach people will know why we are there, and hopefully drag people out just to see us

Nice......

I actually was hoping this thread was gonna be about being able to listen to some miked drivers and throttlemen live on the radio. Like NASCAR.......

Could you imagine???????:sifone::26::sifone:

cigdaze
10-01-2009, 08:06 AM
I heard the promo this morning as well. I spoke to Bubba and the guys earlier this week about another promotional matter, and we talked at length about the races this weekend. He lives for this stuff (all racing in general) and as you may or may not know Bubba and Hulk Hogan boat regularly. I saw them out last weekend on the water and Hulk was driving some bad-ass blue 40-42' go-fast, I couldn't identify it though - I was guessing Outerlimits, but I'm not certain.

This will be big. Brighthouse networks is a prime sponsor and they've been airing a really well-done 30-second commercial quite regularly on local cable tv.

cigdaze
10-01-2009, 08:07 AM
Nice......

I actually was hoping this thread was gonna be about being able to listen to some miked drivers and throttlemen live on the radio. Like NASCAR.......

I just bring my handheld VHF, and get a nice insight into what's going on. Being the guy on the beach with a radio draws a nice crowd, and they really can better get into it when they know what's going on. But ya, a more reality-based official program would go along way with unknowing attendees.

Ratickle
10-01-2009, 08:13 AM
I just bring my handheld VHF, and get a nice insight into what's going on. Being the guy on the beach with a radio draws a nice crowd, and they really can better get into it when they know what's going on. But ya, a more reality-based official program would go along way with unknowing attendees.

I mean, can you imagine....

Scotty B, I said turn you %&^*##$

Marc Maximus, Bite me you &*(^^%$#

Scotty B, You think you can drive, I can do better you &(*%$$^^

Marc Maximus, Okay, let me outta here you %^*($##^&^&(

Scotty B, Just open the hatch and jump, I ain't slowing for your ^&*%%*& azz
etc:26: :sifone: :26:

rchevelle71
10-01-2009, 08:27 AM
I mean, can you imagine....

Scotty B, I said turn you %&^*##$

Marc Maximus, Bite me you &*(^^%$#

Scotty B, You think you can drive, I can do better you &(*%$$^^

Marc Maximus, Okay, let me outta here you %^*($##^&^&(

Scotty B, Just open the hatch and jump, I ain't slowing for your ^&*%%*& azz
etc:26: :sifone: :26:

YES, I CAN imagine that, I use to crew for Scotty:driving:

rchevelle71
10-01-2009, 08:27 AM
Nice......

I was going to change the title wording, but thought it would get your attention.

rchevelle71
10-01-2009, 08:29 AM
I heard the promo this morning as well. I spoke to Bubba and the guys earlier this week about another promotional matter, and we talked at length about the races this weekend. He lives for this stuff (all racing in general) and as you may or may not know Bubba and Hulk Hogan boat regularly. I saw them out last weekend on the water and Hulk was driving some bad-ass blue 40-42' go-fast, I couldn't identify it though - I was guessing Outerlimits, but I'm not certain.

This will be big. Brighthouse networks is a prime sponsor and they've been airing a really well-done 30-second commercial quite regularly on local cable tv.

I believe Hulks boat is a Scarab, but he could have gotten a new one. I was actually thinking of seeing if Bubba wanted to sponsor a boat seeing as he is so wrapped up in car racing also, and seems to be doing pretty well, Hulk is another story:confused:

OldSchool
10-01-2009, 08:45 AM
I was going to change the title wording, but thought it would get your attention.

I just changed the spelling for you. :)

Readio to radio:sifone:

cigdaze
10-01-2009, 08:47 AM
I believe Hulks boat is a Scarab, but he could have gotten a new one. I was actually thinking of seeing if Bubba wanted to sponsor a boat seeing as he is so wrapped up in car racing also, and seems to be doing pretty well, Hulk is another story:confused:

Ya I've seen that one many times, that was a long time ago...had the filmstrip frames of himself up and down the sides (uhg-lee!). I'm pretty sure he sold it many years ago. This was way newer and nicer than that old Scarab.
:cool:

Davidmnc
10-01-2009, 08:54 AM
Some one needs to invite Bubba and Hulk to me members here.

cigdaze
10-01-2009, 08:56 AM
Some one needs to invite Bubba and Hulk to me members here.
Stand by...
;)

rchevelle71
10-01-2009, 09:25 AM
I just changed the spelling for you. :)

Readio to radio:sifone:

Thanks,

I can fix a boat with my eyes closed, but cant even spell radio:willy_nilly:

rchevelle71
10-01-2009, 09:26 AM
Ya I've seen that one many times, that was a long time ago...had the filmstrip frames of himself up and down the sides (uhg-lee!). I'm pretty sure he sold it many years ago. This was way newer and nicer than that old Scarab.

I thought the same thing, remember it being on Ebay, but a few months back, when he got his stuff back from the ex, he was on bubba asking for the hookup for 2 502's for his Scarab??

Davidmnc
10-01-2009, 09:26 AM
Stand by...
;)

All right Brotha *in my best Hulk Hogan voice*

rchevelle71
10-01-2009, 09:27 AM
Stand by...
;)

That would be cool, and also invite them to the race to meet the crews if that has not already been done.

Scotty B
10-01-2009, 09:29 AM
I'll take Bubba for a ride on Sat if anyone can hook it up

Ratickle
10-01-2009, 09:48 AM

You're okay Scotty, I don't care what that Maximus dude says......:sifone:

cigdaze
10-01-2009, 09:55 AM
That would be cool, and also invite them to the race to meet the crews if that has not already been done.
This is underway.

cigdaze
10-01-2009, 09:56 AM
Wow. That would be friggin' awesome. Let me put a call in on that.
Thanks Scotty. You guys are the best!!!
PM me your number if you don't mind.

rchevelle71
10-01-2009, 10:42 AM
Wow. That would be friggin' awesome. Let me put a call in on that.
Thanks Scotty. You guys are the best!!!
PM me your number if you don't mind.

If Scotty doesnt get back to you right away, let me know, I'll put you in touch with him.

cigdaze
10-01-2009, 11:08 AM
Thanks!! Scotty and I have been in touch already. I spoke to the producer over there a little while ago when they were just wrapping up the show. He'll be calling me a little later on today. He said "no sht, you can hook that up?..."

rchevelle71
10-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Thanks!! Scotty and I have been in touch already. I spoke to the producer over there a little while ago when they were just wrapping up the show. He'll be calling me a little later on today. He said "no sht, you can hook that up?..."

Good Deal,

Let me know whats up, I will be getting in Friday night, would love to meet Bubba, and also some of the Serious members.

Rick