PDA

View Full Version : Boating Accident Wisconsin

BBB725
09-25-2009, 11:56 AM
Anyone know what happened?

Milwaukee man injured in boating accident on Wolf River

A Milwaukee area man was transported to Theda Clark Medical Center Thursday afternoon after the boat he was operating flipped over on the Wolf River south of Fremont.
Winnebago County Sheriff’s Department Sgt. William Anthes said Kurt S. Mesterhazy, 42, Anthony R. Vojtas, 32, and Richard E. Shircel, 24, all of the Milwaukee area, were near Orihula when the 42-foot pleasure boat hydroplaned, flipped over and ran ashore on an island. The trio were ejected from the boat in the incident.

Only Mesterhazy was injured, Anthes said.

The incident remains under investigation, but Anthes said it appears speed and unfamiliarity with the river contributed to the incident.

phragle
09-25-2009, 12:01 PM
the boat 'hydroplaned" damnit man!! get a little water under the hull and the boats gets all squirlly....

Big Time
09-25-2009, 12:05 PM
The boat flipped over and then ran ashore?

BBB725
09-25-2009, 12:10 PM
I've ask around and only hear rumors, my wife was told a white 42 fountain out on a test run.

BBB725
09-25-2009, 12:23 PM
My brother sent me pics

Magic Medicine
09-25-2009, 12:34 PM
wow

B.Z.
09-25-2009, 12:38 PM
ouch, I wonder where that is????

cigdaze
09-25-2009, 12:44 PM
Yikes.

DAREDEVIL
09-25-2009, 12:47 PM
I've ask around and only hear rumors, my wife was told a white 42 fountain out on a test run.

Well ,,,acording to your pics ,,,your wife was right.

HiZ
09-25-2009, 12:53 PM
the boat 'hydroplaned" damnit man!! get a little water under the hull and the boats gets all squirlly....

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is EXACTLY what I was thinking
What a quote!

MattBMiller
09-25-2009, 12:54 PM
Ouch! So that's what hydroplaning looks like

Big Time
09-25-2009, 12:57 PM
Wow. Well, I hope everyone was alright.

GENERAL LEE
09-25-2009, 01:01 PM
Another Fountain? It must be a hull defect that Fountain has failed to address? From what some of the all knowing elitests have told us on past accidents, it certainly couldn't be driver error? :rolleyes::beatdeadhorse5:

I'm glad no one was killed! :Angel_anim:

HiZ
09-25-2009, 01:17 PM
How could it be driver error, I'm sure experience and cetification was all in line!
There is no way anyone would pull something so stupid! Especially here!

Ratickle
09-25-2009, 01:29 PM
How could it be driver error, I'm sure experience and cetification was all in line!
There is no way anyone would pull something so stupid! Especially here!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Certainly glad no one was killed. Could have been much worse. Usually I suspect new to step bottom driver. But, who knows.

Geronimo36
09-25-2009, 01:57 PM
Another Fountain? It must be a hull defect that Fountain has failed to address? From what some of the all knowing elitests have told us on past accidents, it certainly couldn't be driver error? :rolleyes::beatdeadhorse5:

I hear ya...it's those darn steps...

PS, note the drive position. May have turned at speed with drives tucked in. that's a no-no in a step boat...

I hate to speculate but that's just what I noticed in the picture.

OldSchool
09-25-2009, 02:30 PM
Those pretty colors in the water are going to cost someone dearly!!!!:ack2::ack2:

Glad to hear that no one died!! :)

BBB725
09-25-2009, 02:32 PM
ouch, I wonder where that is????

Just outside Fremont

BBB725
09-25-2009, 02:35 PM
Well ,,,acording to your pics ,,,your wife was right.

If that's the case, then she also heard that the boat was for sale and the new buyer was test driving it. But that's why I'm trying to find out what really happened.

Big Time
09-25-2009, 02:35 PM
Those pretty colors in the water are going to cost someone dearly!!!!:ack2::ack2:

That's what I was thinking!

Griff
09-25-2009, 02:43 PM

PS, note the drive position. May have turned at speed with drives tucked in. that's a no-no in a step boat...

I saw that and was thinking the same thing.

Bobcat
09-25-2009, 02:50 PM

you wouldn't think black hair dye would leave that much residue:ack2:

cigdaze
09-25-2009, 03:04 PM
If that's the case, then she also heard that the boat was for sale and the new buyer was test driving it. But that's why I'm trying to find out what really happened.

It that's the case, I hope he doesn't have a named-driver policy.

jayboat
09-25-2009, 03:38 PM
If that's the case, then she also heard that the boat was for sale and the new buyer was test driving it.

Wonder if this will affect the price... :ack2:

Somebody call the EPA.

txriverrat2001
09-25-2009, 03:52 PM

Holy chit that's funny

DAREDEVIL
09-25-2009, 03:52 PM
[QUOTE=jayboat;325917]Wonder if this will affect the price... :ack2:

mmhhhhh.....Jay maybe u can buy it cheap now.:sifone:

Your funny:USA:

Buoy
09-25-2009, 03:56 PM

That's funny as hell!!:rofl:

But, I feel a little bad laughing about this.
I'm glad it was no worse than it is, and that no one was killed.

DollaBill
09-25-2009, 04:05 PM
The drives def looked tucked in. Just sayin

Wrinkleface
09-25-2009, 04:16 PM
glad nobody was killed! w/ that said, that's gunna leave a mark!!:willy_nilly:

Warlock28SXT
09-25-2009, 05:15 PM
I just got off of the phone with Kurt. I know all of the guys that were on it. I'll let him tell the story if/when he likes, until then think what you will. Yes he just bought it and it was the first time out. I just glad they are all ok.

Geronimo36
09-25-2009, 05:17 PM
I just got off of the phone with Kurt. I know all of the guys that were on it. I'll let him tell the story if/when he likes, until then think what you will. Yes he just bought it and it was the first time out. I just glad they are all ok.

Damn, that sucks!!! No matter what the cause, I never want to see this happen to anyone. :(

phragle
09-25-2009, 05:24 PM
If he just bought it, that takes "breaking in the new boat" to a whole new level....

HiZ
09-25-2009, 05:48 PM
I'm just glad to see the turn it was in and that it wasn't one with all of the big trees! Turns out, they don't move so well. Sturdy and tough little buggers

DAREDEVIL
09-25-2009, 05:53 PM

I am glad they are ok,,,and it looks like there is no major damage on the boat .

Lets hope they pick it up easy.

HiZ
09-25-2009, 05:58 PM
What is in the water on the Transom pic!

phragle
09-25-2009, 06:03 PM
I'm just glad to see the turn it was in and that it wasn't one with all of the big trees! Turns out, they don't move so well. Sturdy and tough little buggers

we have all seen the piks of just how good beaks are at climbing trees......

Scarab KV
09-25-2009, 06:08 PM

First thing I said. The Wolf has some pretty tight turns at speed.

Scarab KV
09-25-2009, 06:10 PM

You don't know the Wolf Craig. That's natural:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Scarab KV
09-25-2009, 06:11 PM

lol...let me know how that works out for ya.:sifone:

HiZ
09-25-2009, 06:13 PM

wem have all seen the piks of just how good beaks are at climbing trees......

Wut, thar......recon that juss mite be a Cut? ....................Anyway, most of the river has Huge trees on the edge, there is one in the water on the back/transom pic. It is good that this seems to be a pretty open section of the river bank. When a story ends up to be that the boat is damaged more than the crew! With pics like this, it was good that someone had their fingers crossed

Scarab KV
09-25-2009, 06:18 PM

Looks like the first curve south of Orihula. Tight sweeping S.
Glad all are OK. Unfortunately, this is gonna fuel the fire for all the protest of the Go Fasts run'n the Wolf:(

Scarab KV
09-25-2009, 06:20 PM
Looks like a job for Radtke's barge

HiZ
09-25-2009, 06:26 PM
Oh god, Didn't even think of the flames that are going to be burning the MPH limit> All No Wake - like this spring! Why not Radtke maybe he can use some of the funds to whittle away his debt with the local gov't. Maybe? Options..............

Scarab KV
09-25-2009, 06:29 PM
Looks like a job for Radtke's barge

Oh god, Didn't even think of the flames that are going to be burning the MPH limit> All No Wake - like this spring! Why not Radtke maybe he can use some of the funds to whittle away his debt with the local gov't. Maybe? Options..............

I think that's what I just said:rofl:

HiZ
09-25-2009, 06:34 PM
Great minds! Hey does that Scarab float?

Scarab KV
09-25-2009, 06:53 PM
Great minds! Hey does that Scarab float?

We'll find out next year. Next weekend is the last days for the store and I'll have a life again:26:

Slandrew
09-25-2009, 07:05 PM
:confused:Maybe the drive button was wired backwards!:confused:

miabrondyke
09-25-2009, 07:07 PM
i believe the drives grabbed the bottom as we entered the turn the steering wheel jerked real hand and next thing you no the ass end slid out and rolled the water was at 4 ft and we werent going all that fast we took harder and faster turns out on the sea trial. cant explain what really happened but everyone is alive. i'm sure some of the so called experts will put there 2 cents in above not nowing how to drive ive been boating for 35yrs 12 of them in go fast. so have fun with it

miabrondyke
09-25-2009, 07:16 PM
as a 2nd note for those of you said the drives were in they were at 3 on the gauge and our speed was at about 40 thats why we are not dead!

Scarab KV
09-25-2009, 07:18 PM
I hit a submerged dead fall in the Wolf already. Lifted the ass end of the boat pretty good. Can see where that would've F'd ya up in a turn.
Don't take the speculation too hard, but tucked drives on a stepped hull in a turn is a recipe for disaster

jayboat
09-25-2009, 07:25 PM
as a 2nd note for those of you said the drives were in they were at 3 on the gauge and our speed was at about 40 thats why we are not dead!

Welcome to the jungle!

Very glad that you and the crew are pretty much ok. Hope the boat isn't damaged too badly and that you will be back on the water soon.

Scarab KV
09-25-2009, 07:44 PM

btw....glad to hear your ok. Have they determined how to get it out yet.

fund razor
09-25-2009, 08:11 PM
Another Fountain? It must be a hull defect that Fountain has failed to address? From what some of the all knowing elitests have told us on past accidents, it certainly couldn't be driver error?

And if it was not, it makes you one of them in your own way.... no? :)

I am glad that our fellow member is ok.
Welcome to Serious miabrondyke.

MacGyver
09-25-2009, 08:15 PM
Welcome to SO. Crappy way to end a season though :(

DAREDEVIL
09-25-2009, 08:18 PM
welcome to the jungle!

Very glad that you and the crew are pretty much ok. Hope the boat isn't damaged too badly and that you will be back on the water soon.

dito

HiZ
09-25-2009, 08:21 PM
Welcome to SO. Crappy way to end a season though :(

Look at this guy

Scarab KV
09-25-2009, 08:32 PM
Look at this guy

Who dat??:sifone:

MacGyver
09-25-2009, 08:35 PM
All the talk on WiParty is no-wake over this.

http://wiparty.com/forum/index.php/topic,2259.0.html

MacGyver
09-25-2009, 08:36 PM
Who dat??:sifone:

Me you tard(JK:D) (Behavior Disorder on the bow)

MacGyver
09-25-2009, 08:39 PM
Brandon, when was that pic taken?

Scarab KV
09-25-2009, 08:49 PM
Me you tard(JK:D) (Behavior Disorder on the bow)

Hey...never seen ya with no clothes on. Not that there's anything wrong with that:D

Guess I've never seen the boat B4 either.

MacGyver
09-25-2009, 08:54 PM
Hey...never seen ya with no clothes on. Not that there's anything wrong with that:D

Guess I've never seen the boat B4 either.

LOL! I'm the tall blurry guy (in that pic) to the right on Behavior Disorder :26:

Scarab KV
09-25-2009, 09:02 PM
LOL! I'm the tall blurry guy (in that pic) to the right on Behavior Disorder :26:

OOPS!!! Was check'n out the wrong dude.

Wait....that didn't sound right:eek:

HiZ
09-25-2009, 09:20 PM
The weekend of the poker run, we came in from those nasty rollers and got stuck out in the deep water. Came in to Streiches 4 deep at a time on the Sea Doo
Saw you in the crowd as we came from the East past the channel and ended up over by all the Cabin Cruiser pals

J-Bonz
09-26-2009, 12:17 AM

Sorry to here. Glad everyone is ok..... Welcome to the fun.
Jr.

fund razor
09-26-2009, 07:52 AM
OOPS!!! Was check'n out the wrong dude.

Wait....that didn't sound right:eek:

No it did not. :puke:

Geronimo36
09-26-2009, 07:59 AM
that's why they call them accidents. chit happens.

sorry for your loss.

Frank

Offshoredrillin
09-26-2009, 08:30 AM
4 pages and no one said the obvious..Where was Cash Bar?:rofl:

Sydwayz
09-26-2009, 08:53 AM

No doubt!!! Is Greg OK??

An inverted Fountain is just not the same without Greg riding b1tch. :willy_nilly:

Bgchuby01
09-26-2009, 09:11 AM
this takes the term Fountain is upside down to a whole new meaning

Warlock28SXT
09-26-2009, 09:48 AM
Damn, that sucks!!! No matter what the cause, I never want to see this happen to anyone. :(

that's why they call them accidents. chit happens.

sorry for your loss.

Frank

It sucks indeed. Like you said Frank, don't want to see this happen to anyone. It just seems to sting a bit more when it was your friends that were involed. Now that we know the guys are "ok", we will have to see how bad the boat is and go from there.

Presentation
09-26-2009, 10:33 AM
This is my first post here. I’m not new to boating forums, see clubsearay dot com where I contribute on a regular basis.

First and foremost, I am glad there were no fatalities.

We slip our boat at Skipper Buds in Oshkosh WI. I’ve seen this for sale 42’ fountain brokered boat parked in the round about all summer.

A small percentage of boaters are behaving in an irresponsible manor along the Wolf River in Wisconsin. From personal observation only, it’s some of the go-fast boaters that travel between Fremont and Lake Poygan that is the issue.

This is causing a local warden to gain support to add significant boating restrictions in this area. If passed, this will not only affect the ‘go-fast’ boaters but many others as well.

I’ve experienced being passed by go-fast boats racing each other in this area, I’ve seen go-fast boats operating at high speeds in close proximity to other boats going much slower, boats that are much smaller, aluminum fishing boats, house boats, etc.

Guys I need your help.

Let’s work together.

If a comrade wants to race, and you are up for the challenge, go out into the lake away from other small boats and shore. If you see the high speed behavior of another go-fast boater or any other type of boater, say something to the person when you next see them, don’t join them in the race.

If we don’t all work together toward safe boating, we will all end up losing this area as a boating destination.

I’ve heard ideas as extreme as making the entire river slow no wake 24/7 and limits of horse power and boat size.

Ask yourself, would you rather have the ability to continue to run this river in a a safe, reasonable manor or not at all?

Please guys, let’s work together. Let’s jointly support each other at discouraging the behavior of the minority that will cause the laws to change to ruin it for everyone.

Look at the Waupaca King Chain of lakes. If we don’t work together these are the type laws that will come over to the Wolf River.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

cigdaze
09-26-2009, 10:41 AM
This is my first post here. I’m not new to boating forums, see clubsearay dot com where I contribute on a regular basis.

We slip our boat, not a go fast boat my any means, a Sea Ray 280 Sundancer, at Skipper Buds in Oshkosh WI. I’ve seen this for sale 42’ fountain brokered boat parked in the round about all summer.

A small percentage of boaters are behaving in an irresponsible manor along the Wolf River in Wisconsin. From personal observation only, it’s some of the go-fast boaters that travel between Fremont and Lake Poygan that is the issue.

This is causing a local warden to gain support to add significant boating restrictions in this area. If passed, this will not only affect the ‘go-fast’ boaters but many others as well.

I’ve experienced being passed by go-fast boats racing each other in this area, I’ve seen go-fast boats operating at high speeds in close proximity to other boats going much slower, boats that are much smaller, aluminum fishing boats, house boats, etc.

Guys I need your help.

Let’s work together.

If a comrade wants to race, and you are up for the challenge, go out into the lake away from other small boats and shore. If you see the high speed behavior of another go-fast boater or any other type of boater, say something to the person when you next see them, don’t join them in the race.

If we don’t all work together toward safe boating, we will all end up losing this area as a boating destination.

I’ve heard ideas as extreme as making the entire river slow no wake 24/7 and limits of horse power and boat size.

Ask yourself, would you rather have the ability to continue to run this river at a safe, reasonable speed or not?

Please guys, let’s work together. Let’s jointly support each other at discouraging the behavior of the minority that will cause the laws to change to ruin it for everyone.

Look at the Waupaca King Chain of lakes. If we don’t work together these are the type laws that will come over to the Wolf River.

Welcome. Thanks for your thoughts and consideration. I appreciate everything you said and I agree with it all. Our mission and my personal philosophy on boating is much the same - safety first and always. We encourage safe, comfortable operation for everyone both within our own vessels and for those who boat around us. I too am growing tired of a small handful of bad apples ruining things for the rest of us when things like this happen. I know nothing of the area, but I can imagine what it's like from what I've seen described here. It sounds like a tight, winding area that does not lend itself to high speed operation. We cannot claim anything known about the actual speed of that fountain when this happened but logic would tell us that this probably would not have occurred at low speeds. Shame. Glad they're all okay, but the results speak for themselves. I don't ever hesitate telling someone that they acting stupidly, and I think if we foster a proper attitude towards safe boat operation eventually people will catch on and we won't be restricted by the authorities, only by our own common sense.

Again, welcome and thanks!
:)

Geronimo36
09-26-2009, 12:46 PM
It sucks indeed. Like you said Frank, don't want to see this happen to anyone. It just seems to sting a bit more when it was your friends that were involed. Now that we know the guys are "ok", we will have to see how bad the boat is and go from there.
I hear ya. I was witness to an accident a few weeks ago. boat was badly damaged both structuraly and an engine, owner was thrown from the boat, has two broken ribs and I had to fish him out of the water. Had I not been there when it all went down I don't want to know what the results would be, probrably fatal.

The following days we discussed what happened and he admitted fault and has been boating and even racing longer than I have. It can happen to anyone and this is the second time I've seen it up close and personal. :(

JupiterSunsation
09-26-2009, 01:28 PM

Nah.....It was a Cigarette owner out testing the Fountain....... :sifone:

TCEd
09-26-2009, 01:49 PM
Unfortunatly it sounds like the operator didn't know the waters he was running in.
ed

Presentation
09-26-2009, 02:03 PM

Owner other boat is a 38ft Baja

fund razor
09-26-2009, 02:04 PM
Owner other boat is a 38ft Baja

He was joking. There's plenty of that around here. :)

Smarty
09-26-2009, 02:52 PM

Yes, driver error for defense attorney(s), and design defect/failure to warn/manufacturing defect for the plaintiff attorney(s). You are correct sir!

Scarab KV
09-26-2009, 03:24 PM
It's not just Go Fasts that can be a problem on the Wolf. Can't Begin to count the number of people skiing on that river on a busy traffic day and the fishing boats that decide to anchor in the center on a blind curve to fish. You have to ask yourself....would I play in the middle of the Interstate during rush hour? Common sense goes a long way to solve some problems. I myself have to run 35-40 mph to keep on plane. There's a lot of cruisers and smaller craft run'n 25-30 that I have no choice but to pass, which at times requires adding throttle to hit the pockets between on coming traffic. I'm not say'n there's no Go Fasts out of line, but sometimes things aren't always as they appear. I won't even get on the subject of the Jet boats that run that river.

sellsman11
09-26-2009, 04:11 PM

Sorry that the accident happened....whatever the cause and glad that no one was hurt BUT.....THAT IS HILARIOUS!!:rofl::rofl:

Presentation
09-26-2009, 04:13 PM
It's not just Go Fasts that can be a problem on the Wolf. Can't Begin to count the number of people skiing on that river on a busy traffic day and the fishing boats that decide to anchor in the center on a blind curve to fish. You have to ask yourself....would I play in the middle of the Interstate during rush hour? Common sense goes a long way to solve some problems. I myself have to run 35-40 mph to keep on plane. There's a lot of cruisers and smaller craft run'n 25-30 that I have no choice but to pass, which at times requires adding throttle to hit the pockets between on coming traffic. I'm not say'n there's no Go Fasts out of line, but sometimes things aren't always as they appear. I won't even get on the subject of the Jet boats that run that river.

If you trim and tab down how slow can you hold plane?

Before reading your post I really felt we could all coexist. However if you cannot safely plane below 35 MPH then I may need to rethink that.

Since you posted the analogy of kids playing on the highway during rush hour please allow me to post one also. Would you have a drag race in a school zone 5 minutes after school lets out?

The Wolf River is neither a highway nor a school zone. It’s more like College Avenue downtown Appleton.

BTW I can hold plane from 14 MPH. At 14 I throw a big wake but I can hold plane. Our boat is a Sea Ray 280 Sundancer, twin 5.0's w/Bravo III drives. I know I'm likely the slowest member here. On my best run, everything perfect I hit 50 MPH. Most days I'm about 48.

HiZ
09-26-2009, 05:30 PM
So I have to agree with........................

HiZ
09-26-2009, 05:31 PM
Like sands of the hours glass.............this is why I don't go up there! Stay away

BBB725
09-26-2009, 05:40 PM
Like sands of the hours glass.............this is why I don't go up there! Stay away

I haven't been up the river for about 5 years maybe longer, way to crowded. If I would ever go back up I'd take the jet boat.

Scarab KV
09-26-2009, 05:41 PM
If you trim and tab down how slow can you hold plane?

Before reading your post I really felt we could all coexist. However if you cannot safely plane below 35 MPH then I may need to rethink that.

Since you posted the analogy of kids playing on the highway during rush hour please allow me to post one also. Would you have a drag race in a school zone 5 minutes after school lets out?

The Wolf River is neither a highway nor a school zone. It’s more like College Avenue downtown Appleton.

BTW I can hold plane from 14 MPH. At 14 I throw a big wake but I can hold plane. Our boat is a Sea Ray 280 Sundancer, twin 5.0's w/Bravo III drives. I know I'm likely the slowest member here. On my best run, everything perfect I hit 50 MPH. Most days I'm about 48.

I'm not condoning anyone screw'n around, no matter what kind of boat. I'm just stating that the Go Fasts are not the only wrong doers. Sure, I could drop my K-Planes and tuck in, but the people on shore have a bit of an issue with 3' rollers wash'n over the shore line. Not to mention the smaller boats I would swamp in the process. 35 mph really is not all that fast. I will knock it down off plane if there's no room to pass, but if there's a pocket it's better to stay on plane and keep the wake to a minimum.
There are days too when I won't even consider the river because the traffic is too heavy and just not enjoyable....hence common sense

Scarab KV
09-26-2009, 05:44 PM
I haven't been up the river for about 5 years maybe longer, way to crowded. If I would ever go back up I'd take the jet boat.

Hi ya BB:seeya:
I guess as long as it's been since mines been wet, we know I'm not a trouble maker........on the river any way:D

HiZ
09-26-2009, 05:52 PM

Roger that, Switzer style! yeah..............

BBB725
09-26-2009, 05:53 PM
Hey Wayne, I use to go up river with my 29 Fountain but even that felt big for the river, I've never had the big boat up there same goes for Omro just to shallow to risk it. You home this fine weekend? I just got back from pulling the jet boat out for the year. So at least I kinda went boating today, was it nice out to, 70 sunny and 6 inches of chop perfect for that little boat.

BBB725
09-26-2009, 05:54 PM
Roger that, Switzer style! yeah..............

The Other Place? It's looks like the Winneconne bridge

BBB725
09-26-2009, 05:56 PM
Wayne remind me on Monday, I still owe you trucking prices from Chicago

BBB725
09-26-2009, 05:57 PM
Is it possible to hijack your own thread?:sifone:

JupiterSunsation
09-26-2009, 06:02 PM

Best one liner in awhile! :sifone:

Scarab KV
09-26-2009, 06:04 PM
Hey Wayne, I use to go up river with my 29 Fountain but even that felt big for the river, I've never had the big boat up there same goes for Omro just to shallow to risk it. You home this fine weekend? I just got back from pulling the jet boat out for the year. So at least I kinda went boating today, was it nice out to, 70 sunny and 6 inches of chop perfect for that little boat.

Most of my Wolf run'n is on week days. An occassional weekend, but it's usualy too busy to enjoy it. I run to Omro all the time and use to do the Berlin corn roast. I won't go past Omro on a low year though. Did the Convoy today. Just posted a thread in the Bar about it. Will be leaving soon for the East. We still need to get together B4 you head South....and I better stop hijacking this thread. Off to C&B:)

Scarab KV
09-26-2009, 06:05 PM
lol...just seen your hijack post:rofl::rofl::rofl:

HiZ
09-26-2009, 06:07 PM
The Other Place? It's looks like the Winneconne bridge

You know this.............. 3rd dock down

MacGyver
09-26-2009, 07:58 PM

We slip our boat at Skipper Buds in Oshkosh WI. I’ve seen this for sale 42’ fountain brokered boat parked in the round about all summer.

Guys I need your help.

Let’s work together.

Ask yourself, would you rather have the ability to continue to run this river in a a safe, reasonable manor or not at all?

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Hi Doug and welcome to SO. Thanks for your input on this thread. We all need to work together to keep boating safe.

Presentation
09-26-2009, 08:09 PM
Hi Doug and welcome to SO. Thanks for your input on this thread. We all need to work together to keep boating safe.

Hi Rick,

Thanks!

J-Bonz
09-27-2009, 01:54 AM
Welcome. Thanks for your thoughts and consideration. I appreciate everything you said and I agree with it all. Our mission and my personal philosophy on boating is much the same - safety first and always. We encourage safe, comfortable operation for everyone both within our own vessels and for those who boat around us. I too am growing tired of a small handful of bad apples ruining things for the rest of us when things like this happen. I know nothing of the area, but I can imagine what it's like from what I've seen described here. It sounds like a tight, winding area that does not lend itself to high speed operation. We cannot claim anything known about the actual speed of that fountain when this happened but logic would tell us that this probably would not have occurred at low speeds. Shame. Glad they're all okay, but the results speak for themselves. I don't ever hesitate telling someone that they acting stupidly, and I think if we foster a proper attitude towards safe boat operation eventually people will catch on and we won't be restricted by the authorities, only by our own common sense.

Very well put.....
Jr.

MacGyver
09-27-2009, 08:42 AM
....I know nothing of the area, but I can imagine what it's like from what I've seen described here. It sounds like a tight, winding area that does not lend itself to high speed operation.....

Below is a link to the Wolf River. It has an "S" bend and at one point, a small island that splits the river in two. But the thing the river has the most of is traffic. On the weekends its a very busy place with fast boats, slow boats, tubers, wake-boarders and pontoon boats.

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCC&cp=44.214694~-88.80764&style=h&lvl=12&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1

MacGyver
09-27-2009, 08:58 AM
This is the spot where it happened.

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCP&cp=rbz9nc7kytqd&style=b&lvl=1&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&scene=38885759&encType=1

Scarab KV
09-27-2009, 10:28 AM

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCP&cp=rbz9nc7kytqd&style=b&lvl=1&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&scene=38885759&encType=1

So he was by the island

Scarab KV
09-27-2009, 10:32 AM

You'l find out real quick who can handle heavy traffic

MacGyver
09-27-2009, 11:51 AM
So he was by the island

Yup, just south of the island. The gas slick ran all the way the "the cut".

cigdaze
09-28-2009, 09:20 AM
Below is a link to the Wolf River. It has an "S" bend and at one point, a small island that splits the river in two. But the thing the river has the most of is traffic. On the weekends its a very busy place with fast boats, slow boats, tubers, wake-boarders and pontoon boats.

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCC&cp=44.214694~-88.80764&style=h&lvl=12&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1

Much obliged. :)

nitrodog
09-29-2009, 12:13 PM
Hi all, I was one of the passengers on the boat the day of the accident and would like to thank the people who were concern if we were okay or not, the owner ended up with about 70 stiches across this back from a 9 inch long laceration that was about inch and half deep (it looks like the flyscreen caught him as the boat came down on top of him) as for myself and the other guy, we are just sore as hell. Just to answer some questions, none of us were drinking, high on crack or what ever the kids are taking nowadays (the police and DNR checked us out), we tried to get the salvage company to come the day of the accident and set a time for them but the insurance company called it off stating the policy was written up wrong (funny how they will take your money and try to get out of paying when something bad happens) the owner is paying for it out of his pocket for right now to stop the fuel dripping into the river way. As for what happen, we went into a right hand turn and the wheel had a sudden jerk witch caused the boat to go into a slid, I'm not sure of the speed but I can tell you from experiance that we did not go into the turn balls to the wall and truly believe we must of hit something. There was on off duty fireman who saw the whole accident and also took us to shore and spoke the police, even he said he couldn't believe the boat ended flipping. The owner has had go fast boats in the past and is what I believe to be an expert driver and would never put other people in danger or put himself in a position to get the bashing of a lifetime (its a safe bet all our friends are not going to let him live this down). As for the people on the wolf river I am truly sorry that the accident happen on a river that I have learned has enuff problems with the DNR and local police and truly hope its doesn't cause any problems in the future. As for all the people aboard, we all decent people with jobs, houses, business and the driver and I even take in rescue dogs and I am currently enrolled in to a fire science course in hopes that I will be able to work for the fire department in my community, we were not a bunch of punks taking a boat daddy bought for a joy ride, the owner busted his butt to get that boat and I couldn't decide if he was going into shock because he could put his hand in the cut on his back or because he was looking at his boat upside down. Once again thanks for the concern, I hope this will shed a little light on what happen and hopefully the boat will not be into bad of shape and the river didn't get polluted to badly or give the DNR more ammo against the people who are trying to keep the river way open for everyone to use and the business that depend on it to make a living.

Ratickle
09-29-2009, 12:17 PM
Welcome on the site Rick. Glad no one was hurt worse....

cigdaze
09-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the explanation.

Magic Medicine
09-29-2009, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the explanation.

Glad everyone made it out, without to much damage. Hopefully everyones luck turns for the better and good luck getting this resolved

miabrondyke
09-29-2009, 06:33 PM
just to let everyone no who really does care about the well being of other involved in accidents. I am now able to walk with out crutches and recovering quickly. my pocket book on the other hand is not as my insurance co. is trying to bend me over like a dirty pig. as far as i no radke has removed the boat so thanks very much to them for working with me on this matter.

MacGyver
09-29-2009, 06:56 PM
Glad to hear you are feeling better. Hopefully the damage is minimal to both your boat and checkbook.

Warlock28SXT
09-29-2009, 07:53 PM
just to let everyone no who really does care about the well being of other involved in accidents. I am now able to walk with out crutches and recovering quickly. my pocket book on the other hand is not as my insurance co. is trying to bend me over like a dirty pig. as far as i no radke has removed the boat so thanks very much to them for working with me on this matter.

I was gonna give you a call today but got sidetracked. Gimmie a call when you get a min. I'll give you a ride up to take a look at it if you want. Time to heal up guys we got some ridin to do this winter. :biggrinjester:

LotoSteve
09-29-2009, 08:27 PM
I lost a belt on a single engine Sunsation once and the steering did a quick hard turn before locking up. Something to look into...

Indy
09-29-2009, 08:27 PM

Good to hear, could have been so much worse. Insurance companies...kinda makes you want to puke. What good are they?

phragle
09-29-2009, 10:43 PM
just because they intially denied it doesn't mean they won't pay. It just means you are going to have to pursue the issue.

Audiofn
09-30-2009, 08:37 AM
What insurance co do you have? Why are they denying the claim? I always worry about crap like that. Makes you wonder why you even pay for it in the first place!!!

GENERAL LEE
09-30-2009, 12:22 PM

LOL, I'm glad SOMEONE got where I was going with that! :cheers2:

nitrodog
09-30-2009, 01:01 PM
Naw, it was a Baja owner testing a Fountain. I think the insurance company was state farm

Chris
09-30-2009, 01:24 PM
This is what happens when you buy insurance from a non-specialist. You get a great premiom price and little else.

MacGyver
09-30-2009, 07:51 PM
Naw, it was a Baja owner testing a Fountain. I think the insurance company was state farm

This is what happens when you buy insurance from a non-specialist. You get a great premiom price and little else.

I think the Insurance Co might be surprised buy the claim just after the purchase. Even though it's a real claim.

BTW, I have State Farm and haven't had any problems with any claim.

wannabe
09-30-2009, 08:33 PM
It sounds as if one of the drives hit a sandbar/bottom causing steering feedback because of the jerk in the wheel comment. That is a tight turn for 40 mph from the looks of it. Glad all are OK.

Wannabe

Revd Up
09-30-2009, 09:45 PM
Anything can happen to anyone at any time. Glad you are all alright and feel bad for what your going through. People that think this can't happen to them are living in a dream world. Insurance companies are always looking for a loop hole to not pay. That sucks. I wish you all well.

miabrondyke
10-01-2009, 05:21 PM
My state farm agent wrote the policy wrong and is now trying to put the blame on me. My girlfriend bought the boat for me and took the loan, i called state farm to give them the info on the boat told them who the actual owner was so now they are trying to get out of paying. Boat needs a wind screen , interior, couple of rails and a good buffin other than that all good except for the ass monkey who stole my props!!!

Warlock28SXT
10-01-2009, 05:33 PM
My state farm agent wrote the policy wrong and is now trying to put the blame on me. My girlfriend bought the boat for me and took the loan, i called state farm to give them the info on the boat told them who the actual owner was so now they are trying to get out of paying. Boat needs a wind screen , interior, couple of rails and a good buffin other than that all good except for the ass monkey who stole my props!!!

It was good to see that it was not that bad. What no pics? I think I saw a little poop on the drivers seat :biggrinjester: other than that not to bad.

MacGyver
10-01-2009, 07:13 PM
......all good except for the ass monkey who stole my props!!!

Geeez, talk about adding insult to injury :boxing_smiley:

HiZ
10-01-2009, 11:26 PM
except for the ass monkey who stole my props!!!

WHAT!!!!!!!!! nice

HiZ
10-01-2009, 11:27 PM
hey good news on the needed repairs being minimal and you not being hurt badly!

nitrodog
10-01-2009, 11:45 PM
No poop on the seat but you should of seen the back of his pants, come to think of it, I think we all might of pooped our pants on that one lol:ack2:

Warlock28SXT
10-02-2009, 01:13 AM
WHAT!!!!!!!!! nice

No poop on the seat but you should of seen the back of his pants, come to think of it, I think we all might of pooped our pants on that one lol:ack2:

Right never would have thought some ass clown would have done something like that. Way to kick a guy when he's down.

Rick I guess I have to laugh about it cuz I can. I have the tendency to make light of bad situations knowing all is ok with you guys

MarylandMark
10-02-2009, 08:56 AM
Glad you all are safe and healing up.

Good luck with the insurance and hope the anti-boaters don't use your mishap as ammo.

ps- GF bought you a boat? Sweet!

Wobble
10-02-2009, 10:09 AM
My girlfriend bought the boat for me and took the loan

I need a girlfriend like that. :sifone:

nitrodog
10-02-2009, 12:29 PM
I need a girlfriend like that. :sifone:

She just did the paper work on it because she has a great credit rating, he was making the payments on it (I think he worded that a bit wrong to sound like she flat out bought the boat for him)

Prostock85
10-02-2009, 03:24 PM
How did they recover the boat? Heli or rolled it then dragged it back in?

Scarab KV
10-02-2009, 05:55 PM
How did they recover the boat? Heli or rolled it then dragged it back in?

I think he used Radtke, which would've been barge and a crane.

nitrodog
10-03-2009, 06:44 PM
I think he used Radtke, which would've been barge and a crane.

Yep, they were the ones who took care of it, they brought over a crane on a barge

miabrondyke
10-16-2009, 05:25 PM
Radke did an excellent job even gave me a credit back!!! Insyrance finally came around and are paying for everything. I think the girl who wrote the policy wrong is looking for a new job. Shogren refered the interior work to a lady named mary pope anyone have any work done with them?

Scarab KV
10-17-2009, 01:20 AM
Radke did an excellent job even gave me a credit back!!! Insyrance finally came around and are paying for everything. I think the girl who wrote the policy wrong is looking for a new job. Shogren refered the interior work to a lady named mary pope anyone have any work done with them?

Isn't she from Anchor Interiors? If she's the one I'm think'n of, they do really good work.

boatnt
10-18-2009, 10:01 AM

Mary Pope works for herself in Antioch Il.had her do work for me in the past and she will be doing some this winter,she does great work,you will be happy
with her work.

Slandrew
10-18-2009, 10:36 AM
Insurance company took the money they should pay!They are worst than mobsters!

phragle
10-18-2009, 02:54 PM
Insurance company took the money they should pay!They are worst than mobsters!

Insyrance finally came around and are paying for everything.

:kiss: