PDA

View Full Version : Our Govenment going overboard (Again) Localy

boatme
09-25-2009, 06:43 AM
This was on the news this morning http://www.wzzm13.com/news/news_story.aspx?storyid=114016&catid=14

Click the video on uper right side

We need to have an automatic Fire them clause for idiots that dont use common sense Now friends cant help friends

Our country is going to hell

MIDDLEVILLE (WZZM)- A West Michigan woman says the state is threatening her with fines and possibly jail time for babysitting her neighbors' children.

Lisa Snyder of Middleville says her neighborhood school bus stop is right in front of her home. It arrives after her neighbors need to be at work, so she watches three of their children for 15-40 minutes until the bus comes.

The Department of Human Services received a complaint that Snyder was operating an illegal child care home. DHS contacted Snyder and told her to get licensed, stop watching her neighbors' kids, or face the consequences.

"That we have babysitting police running around this state violating people, threatening to put them in jail or fine them $1,000 for helping their neighbor is truly outrageous" said State Representative Brian Calley.

Calley is drafting legislation that would exempt people who agree to care for non-dependent children from day care rules as long as they're not engaged in a business.

A DHS spokesperson would not comment on the specifics of the case but says they have no choice but to comply with state law, which is designed to protect Michigan children.

VtSteve
09-25-2009, 06:56 AM
Friends can help friends, but not when stupid neighbors complain. This wasn't the government's fault, but the neighbors that complained.

Trim'd Up
09-25-2009, 07:25 AM
Absolutely ignorant! It sounds like my neighbors. They call the county every chance they get. Last winter they claimed I was running a business out of my house because I plowed all of my other neighbors driveways, even though I didn't get paid. I did get cookies and hot choclate from the old lady next door though. ;) It is still the governments fault for not using enough common sense to see what was going on.

clayinaustin
09-25-2009, 08:27 AM
Friends can help friends, but not when stupid neighbors complain. This wasn't the government's fault, but the neighbors that complained.

+1

The government doesn't run around looking to fine people. However when someone complains, events are set into motion.

That neighbor needs an attitude adjustment! :mad:

cigdaze
09-25-2009, 08:30 AM
WTF?! What in the hell kind of neighbor would complain about such a thing. They need a visit. :mad:

Wrinkleface
09-25-2009, 10:26 AM

Probably welfare people that sit in their house all day w/ noth'n better 2 do than suck up OUR money & just look 4 things 2 cause trouble w/!!!!:boxing_smiley:

phragle
09-25-2009, 11:25 AM
+1

The government doesn't run around looking to fine people. However when someone complains, events are set into motion.

That neighbor needs an attitude adjustment! :mad:

Obviously, you don't live in Toledo Clay. Our illustrious mayor has directed the cops to go on parking ticket sprees writing tickets if you have a car parked on a gravel driveway, he has sent the water meter readers out to search for code violations etc, etc, etc......

Tony
09-25-2009, 02:36 PM
Obviously, you don't live in Toledo Clay. Our illustrious mayor has directed the cops to go on parking ticket sprees writing tickets if you have a car parked on a gravel driveway, he has sent the water meter readers out to search for code violations etc, etc, etc......

Given the current economy and narrowing budgets of govt. funded agencies and organizations your going to see a lot more fines issued to things that normally would be overlooked. Self sufficiency is an unheard of concept for a lot of theese places, when the higher ups tell you that the cash isnt coming anymore and the only way to generate revenue is by writing tickets and issuing fines...........:(

Magic Medicine
09-25-2009, 05:26 PM
unbelievable, we live in a society full of jags!!!!!!!

Wrinkleface
09-25-2009, 05:52 PM
jags!!!!!!!

off's!!!!:beatdeadhorse5:

09-25-2009, 09:20 PM

They want their friggin $!! Now give it too them!!:cuss:

09-25-2009, 09:33 PM
WTF?! What in the hell kind of neighbor would complain about such a thing. They need a visit. :mad:

I live way out on an Island in a neighborhood of 18 homes. 2/3rds of the homeowners will call and report you for anything they see you doing in the yard or suspect in your house.

Going to trim your tree? You better have the proper permit. Fines range up to $5,000 for landscaping violations :(

That is county fines, not homeowner's association.

Wrinkleface
09-26-2009, 09:15 AM
I live way out on an Island in a neighborhood of 18 homes. 2/3rds of the homeowners will call and report you for anything they see you doing in the yard or suspect in your house.

Going to trim your tree? You better have the proper permit. Fines range up to $5,000 for landscaping violations :(

That is county fines, not homeowner's association.

Leave that HOOD!!!:biggrinjester:

Wrinkleface
09-30-2009, 07:21 AM
this story is on the opening page of my Yahoo/sbc page!!!

boatme
09-30-2009, 07:28 AM
Was on National nes yesterday as well

Why do we put up with all this crap it is time for a revolt

Ratickle
09-30-2009, 07:32 AM
Was on National nes yesterday as well

Why do we put up with all this crap it is time for a revolt

The Governor ordered her guys to get the law changed.....:sifone:

boatme
09-30-2009, 07:44 AM
why do we need a law change ?? Common sense is out the window

Granholm is a typical Lawyer "LETS CREATE ANOTHER LAW" :(

Chris
09-30-2009, 08:49 AM
I brought a truck home once for the weekend to help the local church with a project. It didn't go back until the following Tuesday. One of my neighbors complained and I got a letter from the city. I looked into it and we have an ordinance that states that no commercial vehicle can be on the property of any private residence for any reason- ever. So the following Friday I had everyone bring the trucks over and line my street with them. No law about that one. Of course I told my neighbors what I was doing- except the one. Fortunately they've moved on.

Ms PatriYacht
09-30-2009, 09:49 AM
This does seem hard to believe but on the flip side there could be a reason why a neighbor could be annoyed. Years ago I had a friend who had a young child going through cancer treatments, the child needed to sleep allot. A family moved in next to them with two or three kids, almost every day at least 3 kids showed up to play on the swings and baseball diamond they had in the back yard. The noise 4 or 5 kids can make having fun can be extremely loud, I remember trying to talk to her on the phone and could hear the kids screaming, shouting, laughing, it sounded like she lived next door to a camp. My mother has the same thing, for hours there are kids playing in the pool in the backyard next to her. What if you worked the night shift at a hospital and came home and tried to get some sleep but for close to an hour you had to hear the "joyful" noise of kids playing not far from you window. I really like kids but could find myself getting a little annoyed if ever day I had to hear shouting and screaming outside my window, especially if it was early. I don't think I would call the authorities though, if I had a legitimate excuse for needing things quieter I would try to reason with the people first.

LaughingCat
09-30-2009, 04:42 PM
Probably welfare people that sit in their house all day w/ noth'n better 2 do than suck up OUR money & just look 4 things 2 cause trouble w/!!!!:boxing_smiley:

Or the ornery, retired kurmudgeons that move to Florida, then blast everything going on aound them that promotes change and enhancement.

Years ago, at an a dinner where a local politician spoke, most of the kurmudgeons complained that all the government spending to expand roads, etc was costing the locals money and benefiting the outsiders who (how dre they) were moving to the area causing traffic back-ups. These geezers even suggested we build a wall at the Florida boarder to stop the flow of new residents.

Then the politician asks everyone who was born in Florida to raise their hand. So myself and one other person, out of the room of 70, raised our hands. He then said, what if those two had voted to build a wall before YOU moved here.

I damn near gave a donation to him right on the spot.

These vitriolic, opinionated geezers develop their ridiculous opinions about a neighbor then pursue their cause with a vengeance. In many cases, they are way off base, but downright ugly. Maybe that's why young people sign up to abuse the elderly in their retirement homes.

HiZ
10-02-2009, 02:40 AM
That is close to WisCo

I didn't read what you posted but you are in MI and that is close..........just saying