PDA

View Full Version : Powerboats and sailboats at it again

Wobble
09-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Spent Saturday and Sunday at Redfish Reef in Galveston bay. It seems that the blow boaters and power boaters have called a truce:sifone:

Actually this is pretty typical for Redfish, normally a very mellow crowd that is fun to be around.

I would estimate about a seventy five boats Saturday and a hundred and fifty Sunday.

Wobble
09-09-2009, 09:58 AM
Some pictures on the way back Sunday just in time to meet my goal of being off the water by dark.

First is my friends 27 Pachanga that we just rebuilt the engine and drive, in time for the weekend.

Second is the Battle of San Jacinto monument, the tallest free standing monument of its kind in the USA.

Third, almost home.

Burned a hundred gallons and ran about two hundred miles over two days.

Wrinkleface
09-09-2009, 10:12 AM
Spent Saturday and Sunday at Redfish Reef in Galveston bay. It seems that the blow boaters and power boaters have called a truce:sifone:

Actually this is pretty typical for Redfish, normally a very mellow crowd that is fun to be around.

I would estimate about a seventy five boats Saturday and a hundred and fifty Sunday.

:eek:

Joe549
09-09-2009, 10:38 AM
that first photo has some interesting scenery

Gladhe8er
09-09-2009, 11:04 AM
that first photo has some interesting scenery

Nice catch!

Davidmnc
09-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Nice catch!

:_boobies:

MarylandMark
09-09-2009, 11:43 AM
:_boobies:

Caught my eye as well.

Powerboaters 1
Blowboaters 0

txriverrat2001
09-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Some pictures on the way back Sunday just in time to meet my goal of being off the water by dark.

First is my friends 27 Pachanga that we just rebuilt the engine and drive, in time for the weekend.

Second is the Battle of San Jacinto monument, the tallest free standing monument of its kind in the USA.

Third, almost home.

Burned a hundred gallons and ran about two hundred miles over two days.

So my throw together outdrive lived?? LOL!! Glad ya'll had fun!! And thanks for the tip (20 pack of Bud Light always get the job done sooner ... hehehehe)

Wobble
09-09-2009, 01:39 PM
So my throw together outdrive lived?? LOL!! Glad ya'll had fun!! And thanks for the tip (20 pack of Bud Light always get the job done sooner ... hehehehe)

Hi Ross,

He had me cringing as we hauled ass across some rough water but the drive held up well.

Thanks again.