PDA

View Full Version : Baja Cheerleader Thread

Baja Fresh
09-08-2009, 12:48 PM
I'm on my 3rd Baja, a 29 Outlaw with 7.4 MPI's.

I had it out this weekend in the Pacific. Launched out of Oceanside and ran up to Dana Point for lunch (about 60 miles round trip). Weather and water was fantastic with 2 - 3's and temps in the 90's.

The boat ran great, catching some air, always landing solidly and safely with no hiccups. I filled up before I launched and the gauge never left the full mark. Ran around 50 MPH most of the time.

Lately I have been thinking about moving up to a Cig as a bunch of my buddies have TG's. That would require spending quite a bit more $ as well as buying a new truck.

After this weekend I was just so happy with my boat I realized I don't need a bigger, faster boat. My Baja does everything I need it to do and then some. The only time I would like to be faster and bigger is when I am running with the other guys.

The other thing I realized is that most people don't know the difference between a Baja and a Cig/Fountain/Formula/Outerlimits, etc. I got a lot of comments on the boat this weekend.

So, while I know build quality is better on Cigs and the others, there is nothing wrong with my boat. It is super reliable, fairly economical (for a go fast), looks good, has a ton of room on it and most importantly, it is an absolute blast to drive!

I had a fantastic weekend and can't wait to get out there again. Hauling it up to Lake Tahoe for a week at the end of the month and really looking forward to that trip.

So, how many of you are really happy with your boat and aren't always wishing you had something else? I say a big thumbs up for our little "entry level" Baja's! :hurray:

J.T.
09-08-2009, 01:24 PM
I'm happy with mine.

It's a very good all around boat

Quinlan
09-08-2009, 03:01 PM
It's a very good all around 90 MPH +boat[/QUOTE]

Again It looked Sweet at LOTO. Maybe next yr we can hook up.

Dock Holiday
09-18-2009, 12:21 PM
On my third Baja and no issues that would make be want to change. My 36 has over 400 hours on the hull and not a single stress crack. When we repowered last year it put us in the low 90's and the boat handles the same as it did when running 15 MPH slower.

I know more people that like the original Baja with good results then have had bad experiences. Having been around this sport now for 10 years I can tell you first hand that the "Big Boys" $$$$ have their share of issues also.

It is still a great brand offering a big bang for the buck.

Happy Boating