1. Collapse Details
    Water Temp Issues?
    Registered
    Hi, Just got a problem I am having I got a 502mpi built to a 540 when I am idling my water temp gauge is showing 135* when i plane out and start running the temp starts to climb to 175*/180*. It has a 140* t-stat in it. I have had the sender checked along with the gauge both are fine. I have checked all hoses and coolers for blockage nothing found. Its got me stumped.. Also the port riser runs cooler that the starboard side? Also I have put a new raw water impeller in it. If anyone has ideas let me know. thanks everyone

2. Collapse Details

I have your same boat. My does the same thing. My one riser is much hotter than the other. I have also removed all my hoses ,flushed everything, checked for blockages,replaced thermostat and rebuilt my raw water pump. My boat gets as hot as 180 on the gauge when really running it hard. I have talked to many people and we all seem to have the same problem. My guess...That is just how it is.... The engine oil cooler catches any debris that may have been a blockage.. Jeff Wurl

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    180 wouldn't bother me in the slightest. What is your oil temp running at?
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

4. Collapse Details

like rat said..
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson

5. Collapse Details

A 502mpi should have a 160* Tstat in it anyway. You could be sucking a little air mixed in with the water at speed. My stock 502mpi runs about 170* on the guage most of the time.

6. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thinking about this. Would it need bigger injectors for the larger cubes/more horsepower? Running slightly lean?
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 540/27fastech View Post
    Hi, Just got a problem I am having I got a 502mpi built to a 540 when I am idling my water temp gauge is showing 135* when i plane out and start running the temp starts to climb to 175*/180*. It has a 140* t-stat in it. I have had the sender checked along with the gauge both are fine. I have checked all hoses and coolers for blockage nothing found. Its got me stumped.. Also the port riser runs cooler that the starboard side? Also I have put a new raw water impeller in it. If anyone has ideas let me know. thanks everyone
    http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forum...ead.php?t=8435
    Start looking at this thread, 180 isn't going to be normal with a140 degree stat.

8. Collapse Details

i would pull some plugs and take a look at them ??? to lean the temp will go up and to much timing ..