Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

one call to steve stepp will inform you of what you want to learn about running fast in a 22 Velocity with a small block. Steve, Gene Whipp, and dozens of others back in the 80's(and 90's) already learned the do's and don'ts. Velocity worked closely with an engine builder called Hercules Engines out of Daytona,(and a few other hi horsepower small block builders) that was a 22 Velocity engine option way back then. He can tell you the best sterndrive to go with as well.
    Last edited by OneBadInjun; 07-21-2009 at 01:35 PM.

2. Collapse Details

OneBadInjun, you are correct, Steve Stepp is very informative and very helpful in setting up his products. They had some 100 mph 22's in the early 90's with the Hercules packages!!

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OneBadInjun View Post
    one call to steve stepp will inform you of what you want to learn about running fast in a 22 Velocity with a small block. Steve, Gene Whipp, and dozens of others back in the 80's(and 90's) already learned the do's and don'ts. Velocity worked closely with an engine builder called Hercules Engines out of Daytona,(and a few other hi horsepower small block builders) that was a 22 Velocity engine option way back then. He can tell you the best sterndrive to go with as well.
    I talk to Steve once a month and yes I know about the hercules deal and they had one around 100mph but he doesn't know if there is any other confirmed faster 22 or not. I'm trying to figure were am at and if im off the pace with the fastest 22 or im way head.

4. Collapse Details

There is a 22 in Pa. that runs on the Susq. river that is in the one teens.........at least from what I hear!!! But its not a 22 foot, small block, pump gas, alpha boat!! No matter what, there is always something faster!! I am sure there are people out there that have fast stuff and don't touch a computer or surf the web!!!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DKerns View Post
    There is a 22 in Pa. that runs on the Susq. river that is in the one teens.........at least from what I hear!!! But its not a 22 foot, small block, pump gas, alpha boat!! No matter what, there is always something faster!! I am sure there are people out there that have fast stuff and don't touch a computer or surf the web!!!
    Is that the one that's procharged or there were turbos on a big block? wasn't that for sale at one time? Does anybody know this guy? I would love to see that run. Theres another rumor a guy in SC running a 22 velocity suposedly going 116 mph. Im just trying to put all the rumors to rest and know what the real deal is. I'm looking for somthing faster, Im looking for 22 foot velocitys that are fast.

6. Collapse Details

Why?? Whats yours run?? The one in Pa. is a supercharged 468.

Should start a new thread asking for info!!! Here and OSO!!

7. Collapse Details

I just read an article last month in performance boat magazine about a project Tyler crockett did on a 22 Velocity that was supposed to be at a 100, not sure what the final result was.

8. Collapse Details

Why?? Whats yours run?? The one in Pa. is a supercharged 468.

Should start a new thread asking for info!!! Here and OSO!!
    Mine runs over well over a hundred with no problem. My crusie speed is 90 mph at 4900 rpm. The engine pulls strong to 6300. Single carb pump gas small block. I have more left in it and more changes to do. I like to find these guys for 2 reason, put the legends to rest and you always learn somthing from these guy with realy fast boats. I'm always looking to learn and I can never get enough info.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ThruHull View Post
    I just read an article last month in performance boat magazine about a project Tyler crockett did on a 22 Velocity that was supposed to be at a 100, not sure what the final result was.
    Cool do you know what it had for power?

10. Collapse Details

VK, I have the Hercules Video here. You should try to find a copy. Do you have any documentation of your runs........GPS (not the 120 glitch pic), Video, Radar runs............etc. etc.????

What size prop are you running with your new setup??

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Velocity Kid View Post
    Cool do you know what it had for power?
    Not right off the top of my head, but I will see if I still have the mag. I know they lowered the engine to get the center of gravity down and were running a shorty.

12. Collapse Details

VK, I have the Hercules Video here. You should try to find a copy. Do you have any documentation of your runs........GPS (not the 120 glitch pic), Video, Radar runs............etc. etc.????

What size prop are you running with your new setup??
    How many copies do you need? I have the hercules video and it also has the the magazine test on it. I have a few videos one of me racing a 100 + mph stv some fly byes. I'm sponsoring a micro boat shoot out this year so we will see how fast people are running. Im bringing out the Velocity and the Sting Ray. I would have loved to met up with you with the Sting Ray but your engine broke then the move. No biggie. Im sure by next year I will be down your way we will hook up for some fun runing

13. Collapse Details

Post em!!!

What prop??

14. Collapse Details

Post em!!!

What prop??
    32 Pitch Hydramotive 4 blade and they are posted on here and other sites just look

15. Collapse Details

Registered
    nice site . just happened to find it.

16. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kid rock View Post
    nice site . just happened to find it.
    Welcome !!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Collapse Details

Here is mine...a 2004 Velocity 220. I am in the process of rigging it with a Merc 250.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2246_1_1.JPG   IMG_2248_3_1.JPG   IMG_2251_6_1.JPG  

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by modvp View Post
    Here is mine...a 2004 Velocity 220. I am in the process of rigging it with a Merc 250.
    Sweet looking boat

19. Collapse Details
    Velocity 22
    1984 Velocity, I had it for 10 years.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Velocity 22_1.jpg  

20. Collapse Details
    Velocity 220
    Mercury 250 efi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Velocity 09-25-2009 005.jpg