Thread: 32- Cobra

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    32- Cobra
    Cool
    I think I have found an important racer from the 1980's, "Man O War", the 32' Cobra by Performer, Randy Sousa's raceboat! Anyone that has any info., Let me know!! I just aquired the paperwork for ownership. Pic's to follow once we get it out of the boatyard!!

2. Collapse Details

looking forward to some pics !
    Parabellum FJ²B

3. Collapse Details

Great rough water boat. Randy ran it balls to the walls , always in contension when the going was rough. Great guy

4. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Badcompanya81 View Post
    I think I have found an important racer from the 1980's, "Man O War", the 32' Cobra by Performer, Randy Sousa's raceboat! Anyone that has any info., Let me know!! I just aquired the paperwork for ownership. Pic's to follow once we get it out of the boatyard!!
    Dave,,,,how many boats will u buy ????? LOL

Talk to ya soon.
    Scott

5. Collapse Details
    32-Cobra
    Cool
    Scott, Your right, how many's enuf!! Also my condolences about Mike. I hope to get pics in a week, Boat is in a tuff place, A hundred boat's blockin' it in!!

6. Collapse Details

Cool old's cool rig with great hull lineage. Pict's from 'Boating' Jan. '81 @ Islamorada race fall '80. They won that event also. Believe Bob Latham was gas-guy also for Sosa; could probably get more insight from him. There's a pile of shots from this race on Historic Offshore's site also? Bonus points: who did Ralph Linero go on to navigate for?? Back to Islamorada, Fayva apparently brought the Cig & Cougar cat and ran the cat....wrong hull! Ajac Hawk won in their Cig. Bonus shot of one of Detroit's finest in Sport......

Look forward to seeing current shots of her...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mow32isla80.JPG   Express24isla80.JPG  

7. Collapse Details

Scott, Your right, how many's enuf!! Also my condolences about Mike. I hope to get pics in a week, Boat is in a tuff place, A hundred boat's blockin' it in!!
    Hey Dave...good to see you over here. Pickin' up another one, huh? Hope you are still keeping the Sutphen?

See you out there.

Chris Aitkin

8. Collapse Details

Chris, Haven't been out that much yet, Alot goin' on! Sutphen is UP "For Sale", But who know's, Cobra was sittin' there, Callin' to me!! Offer I Couldn't REFUSE! You goin' to Fairhaven, Mass. Run? I'm there,With Mike Alesse, Same crew as N.Y., Let me know!!

9. Collapse Details

I have a vhs tape of Man O War from 1984 racing at holiday isle tiki bar included is an interview with Randy Sosa and throttleman Julio Devarona(Scorpion powerboats of the 80s). The boat was a Miami favorite back then ,does it still have the skull with crossed swords over the engine hatch back then it daid SEAHAWK RACING TEAM across the hatches.

10. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    I have a vhs tape of Man O War from 1984 racing at holiday isle tiki bar included is an interview with Randy Sosa and throttleman Julio Devarona(Scorpion powerboats of the 80s). The boat was a Miami favorite back then ,does it still have the skull with crossed swords over the engine hatch back then it daid SEAHAWK RACING TEAM across the hatches.
    hammerhead,,thats a cool name .
    there is a APACHE named like that in Miami.

11. Collapse Details

Chris, Haven't been out that much yet, Alot goin' on! Sutphen is UP "For Sale", But who know's, Cobra was sittin' there, Callin' to me!! Offer I Couldn't REFUSE! You goin' to Fairhaven, Mass. Run? I'm there,With Mike Alesse, Same crew as N.Y., Let me know!!
    Unfortunately I have a wedding that weekend otherwise it sounds like a lot of fun. Congrats on the new boat. BTW, I just received my NYC Poker Run DVD which had some commentary with you in there and some nice shots of Inferno. Good stuff!

12. Collapse Details

Whats up with the pics on the cobra?

13. Collapse Details

Wait'n 2 get boat out of storage, Sometime next week!!

14. Collapse Details

Whats up with man o war did you start sanding her down yet ready for awlgrip black?

15. Collapse Details

Here's a shot of a 36' Cobra that ran in P1 (I think) in europe back in 2004 - 2005 ish... Enjoy and can't wait to watch this project come together!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 36 Cobra.png  

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

16. Collapse Details

33 Powerplays were Cobras in fact until 1994 were made using the old Cobra hull mold then the new hull with the raised freeboard was put into Production
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

17. Collapse Details

Hey 81 did ya bring man o war home yet no pics whats up!

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    hammerhead,,thats a cool name .
    there is a APACHE named like that in Miami.
    If it´s yellow with a shark on its sides I think it still is in France after it sank in St Tropez...

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    Here's a shot of a 36' Cobra that ran in P1 (I think) in europe back in 2004 - 2005 ish... Enjoy and can't wait to watch this project come together!
    I'm pretty sure it's JC's 38'
    He used the old Tullio Abate molds. by the way...its the same hull that Jay Ross used to make the first big Sonic... its why the 33' rode so bow down.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_500wt_1182

20. Collapse Details
    Cobra
    Cool
    Boat is still in the yard. Waiting to get it out!! Boat is still all BLACK, Not painting it yet!! Hope to have pic's this week,Can't wait! Dave