Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

My 2004 GMC 2500 Sierra had to have the cluster replaced a couple months ago due to the speedometer issue. Fortunately, it was still within the 100% covered mileage.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Thanks!
    I've been on that site before, but the group here is so knowledgeable on so many different things I just posted the question here and figured someone would have an answer in no time - I was right

Dealer fixed me up no question, no charge, and a good job washing it!
    Glad at least someone got a square deal from Govmint Motors

3. Collapse Details

My '03 Z71 speedo works sporadically. Other gauges are OK. Since mileage is beyond the General's warranty, I just use the tach to calculate speed. So far no tickets...

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Glad at least someone got a square deal from Govmint Motors
    Thanks again for your "gift" to me Ted.
    I'm sure it saved me a couple hundred bucks, and/or a few hours of searing and throwing tools
    All fixed up and good now.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

5. Collapse Details

I have a friend with a weird problem on his Avalance.....any help is appreciated!!!

Out of the clear blue the headlights will just shut off for no reason at all... If you open the hood and slam your fist down on the fuse box the lights will come back on... We've checked all fuses/relays and everything seems fine....

any suggestions?

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 32storm View Post
    My 2004 GMC 2500 Sierra had to have the cluster replaced a couple months ago due to the speedometer issue. Fortunately, it was still within the 100% covered mileage.
    2nd cluster just died!!! This time lost all gauge functions. Nothing like driving 25 miles back home with no speedometer or tach. I don't care if it's under warranty, this sucks...

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    I have a friend with a weird problem on his Avalance.....any help is appreciated!!!

Out of the clear blue the headlights will just shut off for no reason at all... If you open the hood and slam your fist down on the fuse box the lights will come back on... We've checked all fuses/relays and everything seems fine....

any suggestions?
    I would suspect the low beam relay, maybe a bad coil, see if it will swap with the high beam relay to check.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2009-01-20_211903_2009-01-20_141900.png  

8. Collapse Details

Thanks Ted, we'll try swapping them!

The first time I was in the truck with him, she says; "Hold on"... Pops the hood, pounds on the thing and gets back in like nothing was the matter! I was laughing my azz off!