Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by sterling View Post
    I understand what you mean,but this boat doesn,t have a bulkhead glased in were the back seat was /is ,it was just like it is now ..you are right about the hull glassed to the deck ,it is done in front under the deck,but not in the engine compartment ,I think it is a good idea ,and like you said ,now is the time to do .
    If you wanted to add some reinforcement where the back seat is, you can add a piece of channel where a bulkhead should be. This is how we did it on our boat when we had to take the backseat and bulkhead out to fit the bigger motors in. (FYI, the channel is painted white in the first pic, unpainted in the 2nd pic)

Not tryin to butt in your project or anything, but a friend of ours had a 42 Baja and came off of a wave sideways at loto (only goin about 45), landed sideways, and had some major structual damage in several places where the deck joins the hull. Had to cut parts of the cockpit apart to do some structual repairs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails engine (1).jpg   Hatches 001.jpg  
    Last edited by Coolerman; 11-12-2009 at 08:21 PM.

2. Collapse Details

Sterling

Very cool project. Nice work.

Kris Vogt

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by saxman View Post
    If you wanted to add some reinforcement where the back seat is, you can add a piece of channel where a bulkhead should be. This is how we did it on our boat when we had to take the backseat and bulkhead out to fit the bigger motors in. (FYI, the channel is painted white in the first pic, unpainted in the 2nd pic)

Not tryin to butt in your project or anything, but a friend of ours had a 42 Baja and came off of a wave sideways at loto (only goin about 45), landed sideways, and had some major structual damage in several places where the deck joins the hull. Had to cut parts of the cockpit apart to do some structual repairs.
    I can only see what room there is left when the engine hatch is on,but I understand what you mean ,between the transom and the dash is a huge gap with no support left to right ,my engine hatch has the rear seat attached so its going to be difficult to reinforce

4. Collapse Details
    new rubrail
    New rubrail ( Taco) is on the right side ,next week the left side .
    I,m going to paint the Arnesons in Black gloss Imron,with the Arneson/Twin disc logo in red,the swimplatform that I bought from Hightide is too short to cover the propellors ,so I,m going to weld a Ali tube on the back in the same shape ,and weld a few 5/16 lips on the inside to bolt a plate Ali 5/16 that is going to be waterjet cut out the Baja 40 Outlaw logo/letters or I will do Vinyl teak .. My wife came up with the idea to split the engine hatch upholstery in 2 pieces so there is a 1 ft wide pad in the middel to the rear seat that she want to do in vinyl teak,that way we don,t have to walk over the upholstery all the time ,especially with people on board with shoes that don,t know how to enter a boat

5. Collapse Details
    rubrail pic
    forgot to attach the pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 14-11 002.jpg verkl.jpg  

6. Collapse Details

Very nice

7. Collapse Details

TTT
    Any Updates?

8. Collapse Details

Not much ,at the moment I,m just moved to another workshop ,so had to take all the tools and stuff /boats to the new facility.
    A lot of work ,but in a few days I,m ready to start working on the Baja again ,and I will keep you guys updated ,thanks for looking .

A.J

9. Collapse Details

sweet project!!

10. Collapse Details

any updates?

11. Collapse Details

yes whats up with this project

12. Collapse Details

The project is moving slow at the moment ,I,m busy with a few customers that I need to finish first,so I have not much time for the Baja ...
    I,m hoping to start within 2 weeks ,I keep you guys updated with pics .
    Its nice to hear you guys are asking about the progress on this project ,Thanks

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by sterling View Post
    The project is moving slow at the moment ,I,m busy with a few customers that I need to finish first,so I have not much time for the Baja ...
    I,m hoping to start within 2 weeks ,I keep you guys updated with pics .
    Its nice to hear you guys are asking about the progress on this project ,Thanks
    It's a great project. I think you have many of us intreagued. Please keep us posted...and get back to it!!!
    Making the best in the industry BETTER since 1990...LIP-SHIP Performance: 305-933-9988

2010 Desert Storm Poker Run extravaganza - 04/22 through 4/25 Lake Havasu, Az.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    It's a great project. I think you have many of us intreagued. Please keep us posted...and get back to it!!!
    +1 I have contemplated going the diesel route with asd's so I can't wait to see your progress

15. Collapse Details

Excellent work. Boat looks great as finished. Look forward to updates and finished project.

16. Collapse Details
    project restart
    Ok I finally have found the time to start finishing the Baja .
    The new fuel tank is 600 Liter /160 gallons , I choose to go for a smaller fuel tank since I was hoping to burn less fuel with the oil burners than with the formal triple 502,s .
    The tank is made from 1/2 inch thick polyurethane welded inside and out ,and after welding the welds were flat milled to have a sharp straith looking fuel tank ,2 half inch thick bulkheads were welded inside the tank for preventing fuel slosh.
    the adapters were also welded in ,I have a few extra for a diesel generator in the future .
    Today I painted the Arnesons in gunmetal gray metellic (I did 2 layers epoxy primer first over the bronze )
    maybe next week the hoses and plumbing for the trim and steering rams .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 006 - kopie - kopie.jpg verkl.jpg   zat 13 maart 2010 007.jpg VERKL.jpg  

17. Collapse Details

looking good.

18. Collapse Details

Just found this and it is looking awesome!

19. Collapse Details

awsome project

20. Collapse Details
    some work done
    Last week I installed both hatches on the deck ,and the alu rail in the center ,all is sealed and bolted in place ,the air intakes on both sides are bolted in ,now I am busy with the exhaust systems ,I had to make two 3/4 inch thick Stainless spacers that can clamp to each turbocharger ,from there I use 3 1/2 inch 316 stainless elbows and straith pipe for the inner tube ,and 4 inch 316 for the outer tube ,these are TIG welded in place.
    I wanted to go up with the exhaust ,cause of the engines are so low mounted in the boat,that I wanted to be sure the water would not enter the turbo /engine when the engine is not running ,I use tips with inside flappers to avoid water surge .
    I,m going to use a external 12 volt valve with a 1 inch hole on the bottem of each exhaust ,that is operated via the stop selenoid ,so when I press the engine stop button ,the valve would open to let all the water out of the exhaust system when the engine is shut off ,just to be sure if there is a leak in the future ,the water would not enter the engine .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 27-4 - 2010 022.jpg  verkl.jpg   27-4 - 2010 023.jpg verkl.jpg   27-4 - 2010 024.jpg verkl.jpg  

27-4 - 2010 025.jpg verkl.jpg