Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Attn: APACHERACINGTEAM.COM
    Banned
    OK,I own the domain name....
    Any of you guys want to put together an Apache site dedicated to Just Apaches? I'm looking for a group participation..A few ideas

* Track the boats that are still out there
    * Registry
    * Create an Apache "club" don't have to own one,just be a fan
    * Plan Apache gatherings
    * Merchandising(like I could leave this out
    * Blog,etc

Send me any of your thoughts and ideas...we all love these beasts,isn't it about time we make it official ?

2. Collapse Details

maybe it's just me. but based on history. I think it is in bad taste to try to promote another website/marketing/ merchandising(yes you could have left it out). You dont own the name of the boat company so any merchandise would be illegal.

This site is for promoting and talking about boats including apaches, hence this section of the forum, not lining your pockets.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cashbrain View Post
    * Registry
    Great idea! Keep it simple is my 2 cents- list by size, then name that you can click on to go to a page all about that boats linage.

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    Great idea! Keep it simple is my 2 cents- list by size, then name that you can click on to go to a page all about that boats linage.
    I think Bobby is already working on that.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

5. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshoredrillin View Post
    maybe it's just me. but based on history. I think it is in bad taste to try to promote another website/marketing/ merchandising(yes you could have left it out). You dont own the name of the boat company so any merchandise would be illegal.

This site is for promoting and talking about boats including apaches, hence this section of the forum, not lining your pockets.
    Always have to be a critic...
    First of all,I own one of the designs
    Second: Not about profit..I could care less
    Third: I would love to McAnus come after me
    Fourth: It's about the boats...nothing more
    Fifth: I do own the domain(and owned the co at one point)

I am looking for a collective effort....period
    Promoting another website? Hardly..I think it would be great to promote this brand that has a sordid,yet important past in Offshore

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    thats already posted in the warpath thread.

7. Collapse Details

Banned

And as far as "Bad taste"....you better look at your avatar....DAMN

8. Collapse Details

Banned
    thats already posted in the warpath thread.
    Old list...is not current, doesn't apply

9. Collapse Details

Banned
    And to take it a step further....any $$ generated can go towards paying expenses for the site....
    and maybe even be an advertiser on this site....

10. Collapse Details

That would be great to have all that recorded but would you get enough traffic to bring in advertisers.Why not use the existing Apache section in SOS

11. Collapse Details

then update the list here, that's why this site was started. You were gone from OSO when I started posting there so I make no judgments, However, history is history. When I say in bad taste, I mean that it isn't proper to advertise or promote another site while being a guest here. the same that is someone started a thread with an object for sale and someone posted theirs for sale as well, its called poaching, especially for any type of monetary exchange, regardless if it goes to the site, the common goal is to build traffic here, not send it to another site. Advertisers here pay for that.

Lastly, my views on anything in life are my own, if I chose an avatar that i find funny, it's mine and I enjoy it, if you don't, than please feel free to put me on ignore, don't try to make it personal, many have tried and I wont lose. So in conclusion, if you want to have your own site, then by all means do so, but don't try to pull people from here. Best of luck.

12. Collapse Details

then update the list here, that's why this site was started. You were gone from OSO when I started posting there so I make no judgments, However, history is history. When I say in bad taste, I mean that it isn't proper to advertise or promote another site while being a guest here. the same that is someone started a thread with an object for sale and someone posted theirs for sale as well, its called poaching, especially for any type of monetary exchange, regardless if it goes to the site, the common goal is to build traffic here, not send it to another site. Advertisers here pay for that.

Lastly, my views on anything in life are my own, if I chose an avatar that i find funny, it's mine and I enjoy it, if you don't, than please feel free to put me on ignore, don't try to make it personal, many have tried and I wont lose. So in conclusion, if you want to have your own site, then by all means do so, but don't try to pull people from here. Best of luck.
    Rob, I'm gonna go ahead and say, once I figured out what your Av was aimed at, I was laughing my azz off. I was a grade school Catholic schoolboy, and I still find it funny.
    I'm probably going to hell anyway for everything I've done, but I'm trying to make my amends, and maybe in enough years I can tip the scales in my favor.
    Cheers.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

13. Collapse Details

Banned

I can only view this post as a joke...poaching people?...please
    I was asking for a collective EFFORT...for anyone who wanted to put this together. Why don't you help instead of slam me? I have no axe to grind,nor do I make this personal,so, please step down from the pulpit.I have no interest in monitary gain and if you think that t-shirts would make or break me,please re-consider that thought process.
    I have no interest at all to promote another site...just assemble a simple,factual site for everyone to enjoy...pretty damn simple
    History is history,eh? I say hearsay is nothing more than slander...
    There is always a critic...can't we just do something that is positive for the sport?
    Your avatar is simply in bad taste and offensive(and I'm Jewish)...sorry

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Rob, I'm gonna go ahead and say, once I figured out what your Av was aimed at, I was laughing my azz off. I was a grade school Catholic schoolboy, and I still find it funny.
    I'm probably going to hell anyway for everything I've done, but I'm trying to make my amends, and maybe in enough years I can tip the scales in my favor.
    Cheers.
    OK so if you have figued it out please tell me because I have tried and just don't get it. I won't worry about that hell place I've been there, ain't so bad and I'm not Catholic although I knew some grils in there little white dress's, You know how they go......after the show

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic12 View Post
    OK so if you have figued it out please tell me because I have tried and just don't get it. I won't worry about that hell place I've been there, ain't so bad and I'm not Catholic although I knew some grils in there little white dress's, You know how they go......after the show
    Mark, Think Y.M.C.A.
    I think you'll get it.
    It took me a while, but once I figured it out, I thought it was hilarious!
    Maybe sacrilegious, but it's still funny.

16. Collapse Details

well...the YMCA is a christian orginazation. So what is so bad about Christ promoting his own orginization????????
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cashbrain View Post
    There is always a critic...can't we just do something that is positive

Your avatar is simply in bad taste and offensive(and I'm Jewish)...sorry
    Interesting.
    There is always a critic.{quote}
    And then an avatar is being critiqued for bad taste.
    Your avatar is simply in bad taste and offensive(and I'm Jewish){quote}

Lighten up Francis.

I can appreciate what you want to do with Apache. You are welcome to update the listing to current owners here.

I'll speak only for myself, but, one of the reasons this site was started was to bring all the info to one place. The last thing we want to see is people using this site as a springboard to other sites, and further spreading out the information.
    Nobody likes to click on links and wait for things to load.
    SeriousOffshore is trying to bring all this History and Information to one place.
    Rather than having you post it elsewhere, you are welcome to post it here in the appropriate section.

18. Collapse Details

I never said anything about your finances, dont know about them dont care about them.
    How much more simple can I put it... If you want to start a thread here about the things you mentioned then by all means do so. But to come on here and say this.
    Any of you guys want to put together an Apache site dedicated to Just Apaches? I'm looking for a group participation..A few ideas

* Registry
    * Plan Apache gatherings
    * Blog,etc

Send me any of your thoughts and ideas...we all love these beasts,isn't it about time we make it official ?

and try to take content away from this site is plain wrong.

19. Collapse Details
    Wink
    Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Mark, Think Y.M.C.A.
    I think you'll get it.
    It took me a while, but once I figured it out, I thought it was hilarious!
    Maybe sacrilegious, but it's still funny.
    OK, I get it and thanks I am just alittle disappointed you missed the FZ lines there thow vee dee vout tee voo tee..............all the way

20. Collapse Details

Registered
    I never said anything about your finances, dont know about them dont care about them.
    How much more simple can I put it... If you want to start a thread here about the things you mentioned then by all means do so. But to come on here and say this.

* Registry
    * Plan Apache gatherings
    * Blog,etc

and try to take content away from this site is plain wrong.
    Thank you for making the point for us.
    SOS is here to facilitate all of the points mentioned.

I'll keep following this, but thankyou for speaking up for SOS.