Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    As if you Mods don't do enough already but how about making it so post on that thread have to be approved?

That way saying "thanks for sharing" and so on (which I am guily of as well to encourage the OP to post more) will be eliminated and keep the "good stuff" intact.

Example is here: http://seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9637

That one is starting out great but we know in time 15% of the post will be the "good stuff" vs 80% of the 1st 10 post as it is now.

No offense to those that posted- I want to post keep it coming as well; just saying it is nice to keep it trimmed as well. Top Banana will be able to tell by the views on the main page how much we like it. The only issue would be how to keep them for being buried without having 1293 stickys
    The nice thing is to have the interaction during the thread creation. If you guys pick the someone to start the thread, they can continually update the first post based on what is discussed. Also, It can always be transferred to another, final, thread that is stickied at the start of the Apache forum.

It doesn't take long to wipeout, cleanup a thread.

My opinion, start two threads at the same time. One with what is known now, one for discussion. If the thread for the final facts gets something in it that should be in the other, quote it into there and we can then hard remove it from the "clean facts" thread.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

2. Collapse Details

If we were to start a thread that was purely for facts such as being discussed, you have my muppet promise that I will not hijack it...
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    If we were to start a thread that was purely for facts such as being discussed, you have my muppet promise that I will not hijack it...
    Isn't that next to impossible? We are talking an Apachie thread correct?

4. Collapse Details

Doesn't really matter..... Say there ws a religion worshiping Phragle, and lets say that I'm Taoist. The YMPA would be an orginization all about observing and practicing the pinciples and values of the Phragle. what the Phragle actually believes in is irrelavant, but one would expect images of phragle to be used in association with YMPA propaganda.
    I thought about that.... But decided the Jewish joke was funnier.

5. Collapse Details

I still like the coffee table book idea.

I already have a website.

6. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    I still like the coffee table book idea.

I already have a website.
    We'll work on that.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    My opinion, start two threads at the same time. One with what is known now, one for discussion. If the thread for the final facts gets something in it that should be in the other, quote it into there and we can then hard remove it from the "clean facts" thread.
    That was my other idea but I was going to start another thread for that to lead the 2 thread thing by example

8. Collapse Details

Banned
    OK,,,,NOW WHAT THE HELL HAPPEND ??????????

I can swear this was deleted and now its back up ??!!!!!!! mmmmmhhhhh

ANYHOW i am in.

Post # 43 = APACHE is spelled like this not Apachie !!!!!

9. Collapse Details

Taking Over the World One Thread at a Time
    The Penguin Cometh

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    OK,,,,NOW WHAT THE HELL HAPPEND ??????????

I can swear this was deleted and now its back up ??!!!!!!! mmmmmhhhhh

ANYHOW i am in.

Post # 43 = APACHE is spelled like this not Apachie !!!!!
    SORRY! I was in a hurry something was chase'n me

11. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmic12 View Post
    SORRY! I was in a hurry something was chase'n me
    It wasn't an APACHE was it .LOL

12. Collapse Details

Jack,

We have a website strictly for Apaches already.

We also have one for high performance boat propellers.

We also have one for towing high performance boats.

We also have one for boat racing.

...and so on.

I'm guessing what you're saying is you want to start a site that YOU own and control where people can talk about Apaches. And you want to sell unlicenced merchandise knowingly violating someone else's trademark rights- again. Great way to start.

Jack- aside from your antics and bad dealings over the years, you've been permitted to post here freely as you've not committed any major violations of board rules yet. Plus, we all like to laugh at you.

I think what Rob was saying to you is that you don't go to the house of the local Pepsi bottler and bring a 2 liter of Coke. But I'm sure that's lost on you, as much is. After watching you thrash around the sport over the years it seems to me that you operate on "Jack Logic". Whatever you want to do is OK simply because you want to. You rationalize all the wrong out of it until you like the idea- or at least you think you can get away with it. This is just another in a long line.

As far as your Apache website, you have my blessing. Feel free to promote it here all you want. I'll be your first member. And I have a whole bunch of pals that want to join too. We'll come over and tell all of our favorite Jack stories.

P.S. The guy on the Cig trailer deal- he's still looking for you and is definitely going to kill you with his bare hands when he finds you.

13. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Jack,

We have a website strictly for Apaches already.

We also have one for high performance boat propellers.

We also have one for towing high performance boats.

We also have one for boat racing.

...and so on.

I'm guessing what you're saying is you want to start a site that YOU own and control where people can talk about Apaches. And you want to sell unlicenced merchandise knowingly violating someone else's trademark rights- again. Great way to start.

Jack- aside from your antics and bad dealings over the years, you've been permitted to post here freely as you've not committed any major violations of board rules yet. Plus, we all like to laugh at you.

I think what Rob was saying to you is that you don't go to the house of the local Pepsi bottler and bring a 2 liter of Coke. But I'm sure that's lost on you, as much is. After watching you thrash around the sport over the years it seems to me that you operate on "Jack Logic". Whatever you want to do is OK simply because you want to. You rationalize all the wrong out of it until you like the idea- or at least you think you can get away with it. This is just another in a long line.

As far as your Apache website, you have my blessing. Feel free to promote it here all you want. I'll be your first member. And I have a whole bunch of pals that want to join too. We'll come over and tell all of our favorite Jack stories.

P.S. The guy on the Cig trailer deal- he's still looking for you and is definitely going to kill you with his bare hands when he finds you.

Really...WTF are you talking about?
    I have NEVER had ANY bad dealings...ever. Cig trailer? what are you talking about? More slander,more BS,MORE UNTRUTHS.
    You don't know me,don't know anything about me, and certainly don't know anything about my business dealings. The only laugh here is your posting...
    You make assumptions that I would control as site...nothing is further from the truth. I was more interested in someone ELSE running it,or a group...I get sooo tired of the false crap,innuendos, and just outright lies.Chris,your post has zero merit, zero basis, and zero credibility
    So much for trying to do something for the sport....I should know better by now...

14. Collapse Details

Jack,

Do us a favor- find ONE PERSON that has soething good to say about you.

I got the Cig trailer story first-hand from the Chicago boys.

15. Collapse Details

Banned
    Ok,,,even togh this could be a very intresting debate ( fight ) ,,,,,,how about getting back on track ????

mmmmhhhhhhh

16. Collapse Details

Just ask Sarah Donahue (Offshore racer and movie star from across the pond) about Jack inviting her to Chicago while she was in the states Jack basicly abandoned her when she arrived to meet up with him. I talked to her directly when she got home (expencive phone call) and she was so mad she was spitting fire over the phone lines

I think all of Jacks threads got deleted over at OSO It would be fun to go back and read his stupidity all over again

I can name a number of "Jack antics" He was banned from OSO many years ago

I know he wasnt banned for being a nice guy I think the word at that time was TROLL

17. Collapse Details

Gentlemen,
    Chris, you built this place, and have countless hours and money in it. Jack, I don't know you from Jack. Not to be ungratefull, quite the contrary actually, but as a charter member I speak up from time to time when threads are taking a wrong turn. This is thread headed for the ditch. It is not the 'flavor' I believe we are tryin to portray.
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

18. Collapse Details

Gentlemen,
    Chris, you built this place, and have countless hours and money in it. Jack, I don't know you from Jack. Not to be ungratefull, quite the contrary actually, but as a charter member I speak up from time to time when threads are taking a wrong turn. This is thread headed for the ditch. It is not the 'flavor' I believe we are tryin to portray.
    Let me tell you somthing

This is the guy that once he has screwed you everyone on the internet boards will scream "Why werent we told what this guy is like ? why were we not warned "

Well guess what guys i am warning you now this guy is in itfor himself and is so full of chit his eyes are brown (if there not brown then he is a quart low)

He sent me a PM this is it " --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You've got a big ****ing mouth.Why don't you say all these wonderful things to my face...
    I promise you won't walk away under your own power. "

So told him he knows how to find me and to bring it then he says

"Oh yaaaa...I run right over to kick ur ass.Hardly.."------------------------------------------------------------

He thinks he is Joe tough guy on the keyboard, I have been here with him before

please read all of his posts it makes for great comedy

19. Collapse Details

registered
    Jack,
    I believe that Chris just asked for one person that had something nice to say about you. That shouldn't be a tall order to fill.......

......Now where is that Corrado boy???

20. Collapse Details

Corrado that is funny i remember those days

I think Corrado has grown up a bit and become more of a productive offshore member
    Last edited by boatme; 08-22-2009 at 11:27 AM.