Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member - E Dock GENERAL LEE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshoredrillin View Post
    I love my 03 Rubicon, Brandon if you want a lil more oomph, k&n cold air kit and a throttle body spacer, takes about half an hour to put both on, huge difference. then you can use a hyper-tech programmer and change a couple things to make it even more responsive, and get better mileage to boot.
    I've looked into those exact mods, but I haven't heard anyone tell me they made a noticeable difference? There's also a turbo exhaust out there that I've heard bumps it up pretty well.

On the highways they are similar to driving a Cat actually. They wander a little just like you'd expect with bigger tires. On the factory wheels/tires they don't however. The ONLY thing that could noticeably have been improved is about 50 or so more HP from the factory. It's not bad though, and it IS still a Jeep, so you can't expect Supercar type performance.....yet.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by GENERAL LEE View Post
    I've looked into those exact mods, but I haven't heard anyone tell me they made a noticeable difference? There's also a turbo exhaust out there that I've heard bumps it up pretty well.

On the highways they are similar to driving a Cat actually. They wander a little just like you'd expect with bigger tires. On the factory wheels/tires they don't however. The ONLY thing that could noticeably have been improved is about 50 or so more HP from the factory. It's not bad though, and it IS still a Jeep, so you can't expect Supercar type performance.....yet.
    i did the fabtech lift on mine and it wandered, but I then put on lower pitman arm and adjustable track bars...100% difference tracks straight and no bump steer also did an upgraded shock on the steering dampener. bigger tires will push the stock steering system around. I did the intake and spacer and I noticed a huge difference. like you said its a jeep, but I now have enough ass to get out of the way, even with the bigger tires. hypertech is next for me. then exhaust when the stock one goes, I want more performance, but not noise on a jeep, dont want it to sound like a lil honda with a fart can muffler...

3. Collapse Details

4. Collapse Details

Looks like my dealership FINALLY got 2 2010s in. Both Rubicons, one red, one white. Of course she's wet for the red one.

Factory Nav, Bluetooth, Remote start, everything but leather. Really a moot point since I can and probably would have done all that to it anyway. I will order a leather kit for it first thing.

We'll see after the overnight test drive tomorrow night.

Buck
    A thong is like a barbed wire fence, it protects the property but doesn't ruin the scenery.

5. Collapse Details

I know where you can get a smoking hot deal on one .
    I took this pic on Saturday on the 401 .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails _Media Card_BlackBerry_pictures_IMG00587[1].jpg  

6. Collapse Details

Dang!!

You know what happened?
    A thong is like a barbed wire fence, it protects the property but doesn't ruin the scenery.

7. Collapse Details

We bought this for my 16 year old daughter. I like the way it drives and rides. I bought my oldest daughter a 2002 Wrangler with the straight 6 and the 3 speed automatic when she was 16. What a difference the V6 and the overdrive tranny make.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 160.jpg   163.jpg  

8. Collapse Details

Better look out Blee, you have an evil twin roaming the roads of NW Arkansas as of today. Sweetie is the proud owner of a bright red 2010 Rubicon Unlimited. No offense, but I think she looks better behind the wheel than you do.

Been talking to some vendors all day about some goodies. I've got some surprises in store for ya when we get done with SEMA.

Didn't think I wanted to spend the $$$ on the Rubi. Fell in love with it after driving it for a couple days. Told them to hell with it, let's do it.

Buck

9. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    I am a huge fan of the Jeep JK Wranglers. The V6 3.8L is horrible, so I've changed both mine out to HEMI's. The black one has a 5.7L HEMI and the silver one has a 6.1L SRT8 HEMI... ...now they move...

More pics here:http://benhedrick.com/HyHoSilver.htm

Hy Ho Silver:

Super Sahara:

Ben Hedrick - SPIDER Integration Group - SRP
    www.BenHedrick.com
    www.HEDRICKspeedsports.com