Thread: Serious people

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

I have to agree with you Rob.
    Every one of the people I've had a chance to meet from here has turned out to be great people. I haven't been let down once.
    It's nice to know that at least the people I've met, have lived up to their online persona, or even exceeded it.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshoredrillin View Post
    oh yes I am ...lol
    I must say if anyone meets Rob(offshoreDrillin) He is a real dick!! but he is good at spraying you down with sun block! you know I love ya!!! Rob!!

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    I haven't been let down once.
    You mean I get to be the 1st?

I'm much more fun in real life than online; esp after the first 10 drinks. What I'm trying to say but more importantly how I am trying to say some thing doesn't always come out correctly on these keyboard things.

Warning if you pass out at Bobcats- recent reports show the backscratchula is alive and well; that is as in alive and moving on it's own very well.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    I wasn't the first either, was I?
    Nope LOL!
    Queen of Bammin'

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Scarab KV View Post
    Was Rob on the Kool-Aid last weekend?

Kidding a side. Looking forward to meeting a lot of new friends. Now if I can just recognize them without their Avs
    No, not the Kool-Aid. But he, David and the Captain all got along well.
    Queen of Bammin'

6. Collapse Details

Founding Member Edward R. Cozzi's Avatar
    I love being at an event and spotting an SOS or OSO t-shirt. I even met Jayboat at the Sunny Isles race and LIKED him!
    Athiests better pray they're right.

7. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    QUOTE=fund razor;297348]
    We should have another Toledo party after the boats are parked. Seems like we are a good middle ground between the Michigan folks and the East enders.[/QUOTE]

Great Idea, maybe around the 10/17 most of the boats will be put away and it's a few weeks from the worlds. I suggest we have it at one of the boat clubs, drinks are cheap, and their business will be slowing down and we can probably get them to do a relatively inexpensive dinner for us. Riverview could be a good place. You know me I love setting up a party

you know we really need a smillie with a wine glass or a Mojito glass, or one of each

8. Collapse Details

That is a pretty good idea, and most of us are AYC members around here. An AYC club would be perfect. One of the Maumee River clubs would be nice that time of year because of the colors.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    Just an observation, over the last year I have met many from here. We all have boating being a common thread, but it seems to go much deeper. almost instantly upon meeting anyone of us, it's like a friendship that has been there for years. Whether it's working on a boat, bar-b-qing, drinking, boating etc.. the camaraderie abounds. we have some incredible knowledge here, but we also have some seriously good people! In the end, this is what makes us different from the other places.
    I agree and I wish I didn't have to get home from Ohio last week so I could have stayed around the Chief and met you guys that showed for the party.
    I can't believe I missed that
    But I had a great time while I was there and next week I hope to be meeting up with the infamous Bouy (Tim) as I will be in the heat of Tuson.
    I raise my glass to all

10. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi View Post
    I love being at an event and spotting an SOS or OSO t-shirt. I even met Jayboat at the Sunny Isles race and LIKED him!
    Mutual, Ed. Amazing how that works, ain't it?

I always try to introduce myself to anyone I see wearing an OSO shirt (so far, I'm the only person I've seen wearing SOS. )

I think what phraggy is talking about with this thread is that even online, forums offer a method of relationship-building (even possible with republicans) because, over time, you can learn a whole lot about a person without ever meeting them face-to-face. When you finally do meet the details are out of the way.

This was very evident to me during my recent visit to E-dock. Even though I knew several of the guys already, I felt like I knew all of them the minute I stepped on the dock.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic12 View Post
    I agree and I wish I didn't have to get home from Ohio last week so I could have stayed around the Chief and met you guys that showed for the party.
    I can't believe I missed that
    But I had a great time while I was there and next week I hope to be meeting up with the infamous Bouy (Tim) as I will be in the heat of Tuson.
    I raise my glass to all
    Although I haven't met Tim personally, I have spoken to him a few times and been internet buddies for 5 years?? Wow.
    Queen of Bammin'

12. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    That is a pretty good idea, and most of us are AYC members around here. An AYC club would be perfect. One of the Maumee River clubs would be nice that time of year because of the colors.
    I have not been there yet, but someone was raving about how nice the Maumee Bay Club is and their great view from their upper deck. Have you been there?

13. Collapse Details

I feel the same way with most people I've met. I know a lot of the Donzi.net people from our event every year and consider most of them friends even though I only see them once a year.

There is one person though that I'm just not sure about that I've met from a boating forum. That Tony. Not sure why I'm getting married to him
    I saw a boat once!

14. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=jayboat;298143]

I'm the only person I've seen wearing SOS. )

That's cuz U have not been 2 Michigan!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Serious George 002.jpg  

15. Collapse Details

riverview, oryc.... both within stumbling distance.... I like that
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht View Post
    I have not been there yet, but someone was raving about how nice the Maumee Bay Club is and their great view from their upper deck. Have you been there?
    You probably mean Maumee River Yacht Club. I haven't been on that deck, but have been to the club. It is right next to Walbridge park, only a couple miles from my house. My house is closer to the river than it seems.

http://maumeeriveryachtclub.com/

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jayboat View Post
    Mutual, Ed. Amazing how that works, ain't it?

I always try to introduce myself to anyone I see wearing an OSO shirt (so far, I'm the only person I've seen wearing SOS. )

I think what phraggy is talking about with this thread is that even online, forums offer a method of relationship-building (even possible with republicans) because, over time, you can learn a whole lot about a person without ever meeting them face-to-face. When you finally do meet the details are out of the way.

This was very evident to me during my recent visit to E-dock. Even though I knew several of the guys already, I felt like I knew all of them the minute I stepped on the dock.

And they didn't even throw you in Jay and heck knows E dockers are definatelty right leaners.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by WMF View Post
    I must say if anyone meets Rob(offshoreDrillin) He is a real dick!! but he is good at spraying you down with sun block! you know I love ya!!! Rob!!
    You do realize how utterly "not right" that whole statement sounds don't you?

Rob, if I were you, I would NOT admit to knowing him............EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=Wrinkleface;298216]
    Quote Originally Posted by jayboat View Post

I'm the only person I've seen wearing SOS. )

That's cuz U have not been 2 Michigan!!!
    Ya, ok Tracy. You dog has a SOS shirt and I still don't. I wonder what the rest of the Mods and Admins here are trying to tell me?

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Gladhe8er View Post
    Yeah...and there aren't many/any d!ckheads over here!
    SOS has a superior d!ckhead filter system in its software package