Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Collapse Details
    Just got my 28 Powerplay delivered
    Hey Guys I just got my new 99 28 Powerplay with twin small blocks delivered. It looks like it will handle the rough water pretty well. I can't wait to get it in the water after some major detailing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pp.jpg   ppint.jpg   eng.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

Sweet!!
    Oughta be a tough package!

Looks a little tight in the bilge though, gonna have to practice your acrobatic skills to do any wrenching.
    Great looking boat.
    Congrats!!
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

3. Collapse Details

Nice Ride!!

4. Collapse Details

Cool ride. That has to be pretty rare. I don't think I have seen a 28 PP before.

5. Collapse Details

Sweet boat. you will love it!

6. Collapse Details

FYi...the boat likes a lot of bow lift. i have a 28 with 300 promax's and we are spinning lab finished 28" bravo i's.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cowisl View Post
    FYi...the boat likes a lot of bow lift. i have a 28 with 300 promax's and we are spinning lab finished 28" bravo i's.
    Are you spinning them in or out?

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Trueser View Post
    Are you spinning them in or out?
    I am spinning in. Had it out this weekend. Great riding boat

9. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Trim'd Up View Post
    Cool ride. That has to be pretty rare. I don't think I have seen a 28 PP before.
    They made as many as of the 33's ,or close.
    I did not know they made them with SB togh .

Be carefull,,,they love to hook ,,always keep the nose up ,they need to run loose.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post

Be carefull,,,they love to hook ,,always keep the nose up ,they need to run loose.
    Thanks! How are they in rough water?

11. Collapse Details

I was told there was only around 13 28's built, and of those only 3-4 were singles like mine! I didn't know any were small blocks either.

So is it sounds like a bow lifting prop would be beneficial on these.

12. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RLJ676 View Post
    I was told there was only around 13 28's built, and of those only 3-4 were singles like mine! I didn't know any were small blocks either.

So is it sounds like a bow lifting prop would be beneficial on these.
    I think with the SB u can run them out ,,hence the less weight in the back versus the BB ,,,,may handle the same as a BB turning in and pick up a little speed ??

On my 33 with boxes and 650's i turned them out aswell,,,and gained some speed ,,,!!!!!!!!!!
    Handling wise ,,,mhhhh ..really did not make a diffrents on the boat.

13. Collapse Details

Are you referring to the 28' specifically? My friend had a 33' for a number of years that ran low 90's and it never hooked, it was solid as a rock.

14. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    Are you referring to the 28' specifically? My friend had a 33' for a number of years that ran low 90's and it never hooked, it was solid as a rock.
    My 33 never hooked either,,,but i stuffed it once. LOL
    And yes the 28's like to hook ,,bow steer,,because its basicly the first 28 feet of the 33 !!!! So less running surface .
    But any ways,,,GREAT BOAT !!!!!!

15. Collapse Details

Banned
    HOW DID IT RUN ??? UPDATES !!!!!!!!!!???????

16. Collapse Details

Huh? Where do you get your information? There was about 6 to 8 sterndrive 28s made, max. They were made from the old Cobra hull, which was derived from the 27 Magnum and 28 Cigarette hulls.

There was never a 28 hull mold, the 33' was dammed. There was however a dedicated 28 deck mold.

Your Powerplay is an excellent boat, made well and will take a beating. By '99 all the kinks had been worked out of the hull so it'll track straight and fly right if you're trimmed properly.

As you've probably already found out, the boat responds well to trim, just a little adjustment here and there and the hull will respond quickly. Tabs are usually just used for getting on plane and leveling out the boat in a cross wind.

I miss my 33' like crazy, but there's always another boat.

17. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Huh? Where do you get your information? There was about 6 to 8 sterndrive 28s made, max. They were made from the old Cobra hull, which was derived from the 27 Magnum and 28 Cigarette hulls.

There was never a 28 hull mold, the 33' was dammed. There was however a dedicated 28 deck mold.

Your Powerplay is an excellent boat, made well and will take a beating. By '99 all the kinks had been worked out of the hull so it'll track straight and fly right if you're trimmed properly.

As you've probably already found out, the boat responds well to trim, just a little adjustment here and there and the hull will respond quickly. Tabs are usually just used for getting on plane and leveling out the boat in a cross wind.

I know ,u know alot about PP since u worked there......but i think there where alot more then 8 28's build.

And i miss my 33 as well.

18. Collapse Details

I know ,u know alot about PP since u worked there......but i think there where alot more then 8 28's build.

And i miss my 33 as well.

Never worked there, but I know a lot about them. And there weren't many 28s made, maybe 12 or so in different configurations.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post

Thanks! I only had it out once so far but it seems like a great boat. The props are spinning in now so i'll see how it likes that this weekend

20. Collapse Details

Thanks I can't wait to find out how it runs. How fast shoud it run with the small blocks. It woun't be in the water until next week & the props are spinning out now