Thread: Why??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Why??
    Why am I only listed as a registered member under my username, and not a charter member??

2. Collapse Details

We took a vote. You're out.

Actually, this is one of those site gremlins.

Keep repeating "this is only a test, this is only a test"

and... thanks for being a guinea pig.

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    It reads charter member now as I see it.

4. Collapse Details

Yes- we're managing this manually right now. Didn't see a need for custom programming for a one-time deal. Once the founders & charters are in, we'l have members and we'll have a very small handful ofg special circumstances that can be handled manually.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    We took a vote. You're out.

Actually, this is one of those site gremlins.

Keep repeating "this is only a test, this is only a test"

and... thanks for being a guinea pig.
    I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but I'm pretty proud that I was invited to be part of the start-up crew of this group. And by being invited, I'm proud that you all have accepted me into the "core" group, and value my opinion.
    OR, you just brought me along as the guy to pick on for his acknowledged ignorance, or the easy target in dodge-ball.
    Thanks for fixing it Chris - and you should take it as compliment that I want to be recognized as one of the founders here. It's going to be a great place, and I want people to know I was one of the ones that helped lay the foundation.

(Did that sound like sucking up?? It's not. Don't take it that way.)
    (If you earn a stripe, you wear it pretty gaddam proudly on your uniform, and make sure everyone see's it. Eh?)

6. Collapse Details

The Charter thing is just something Heather tossed in there pending a final decision on the actual title. Again, the site isn't really live but a work in progress.

7. Collapse Details
    Thumbs up
    I am with Tim on this and his statement of being proud and honered to be part of this. As for the title its nice but if you have something else in mind I am sure it will be fine and fitting. A work in progress? I think its working just fine and with progress it will only get better. Even if we don't have all the smile's

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but I'm pretty proud that I was invited to be part of the start-up crew of this group. And by being invited, I'm proud that you all have accepted me into the "core" group, and value my opinion.
    OR, you just brought me along as the guy to pick on for his acknowledged ignorance, or the easy target in dodge-ball.
    Thanks for fixing it Chris - and you should take it as compliment that I want to be recognized as one of the founders here. It's going to be a great place, and I want people to know I was one of the ones that helped lay the foundation.

(If you earn a stripe, you wear it pretty gaddam proudly on your uniform, and make sure everyone see's it. Eh?)

Ditto.. What exactly is a "charter member" anyway.?? What ever it is.. I like to be the "few.. not the many" .. Did I say this out loud.. ? Did I say this before?/
    On a more serious note.. I would like to help anyway I can.
    I think this SO has great potentials.

9. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmic12 View Post
    I am with Tim on this and his statement of being proud and honered to be part of this. As for the title its nice but if you have something else in mind I am sure it will be fine and fitting. A work in progress? I think its working just fine and with progress it will only get better. Even if we don't have all the smile's
    Ditto

10. Collapse Details

You had him at "hello."
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    You had him at "hello."
    Yeah, and when I was a younger un-married man, I had the ladies with "I can make your toes curl".
    Now I'm an old fart with an old boat that doesn't run yet.
    Oh, welcome to the club.
    I think Chris is a member himself.

12. Collapse Details

I had the ladies with "I can make your toes curl".
    Now I'm an old fart with an old boat that doesn't run yet.
    Oh, welcome to the club.
    Mine was Hi..can I eat you out untill your head caves in? catches them completely off guard :moon: who needs a dancin banana when you got mooning smiley!!!!
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Ditto
    Ditto X 2
    SOS NINJA dancing on the boundaries of hell.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    You had him at "hello."
    you take it in the can:moon:
    SOS NINJA dancing on the boundaries of hell.

15. Collapse Details

I'm only a charter member.....Dave

16. Collapse Details

WoooHoo, I just moved up in rank.Dave

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wardey View Post
    WoooHoo, I just moved up in rank.Dave
    yeah, but your post count sucks.
    And we all know that means everything

18. Collapse Details

Hey, Somebody has to work. Dave
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the
    American Military. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

19. Collapse Details

All part of working the kinks out. Heather is in her 11th month of pregnancy and dealing with machine-gun paced e-mails from me. Tech is doing their best to accommodate everything that's getting tossed at them plus keeping the launch schedule on course- plus, if you recall, we had a 2-week server delay that we're catching up to right now. Obviously the target is to be live and public the week before Key West.

On membership- I am trying to figure out where to put it but I want to write up a membeship guide. This will detail who's who and why.

But, here's the abbreviated version-

Founder- A member of a small group of people that had the vision to assemble this site. These are the people that created the site and now steer its direction.

Charter- Respected members of the performance boating community that were extended membership invitation by the Founders.

Icon- Long-time industry professionals that have and continue to contribute to the sport through their activities and participation.

SO Tech Expert- Technical professionals that have distinguished themselves in the performance boating community and willingly share their time, knowledge and expertise with the members of the SeriousOffshore community.

Please look at Charter closely. You are going to have a one-week window in which to invite your friends and those you respect into this new forum. Once it's closed, it's closed. You need to think carefully about who you invite. Quantity is irrelevent- it's the quality of that person. if it's someone you respect, someone you enjoy, someone you would invite to your home or your boat for a weekend, then that's who you want to invite. look at it from this perspective- is it someone you'll feel bad NOT inviting if you forget them?

20. Collapse Details

Thanks Chris. I think the member lay out is good. And thank you Heather and I wish you the best of luck and congratulations !!! They grow up quick so spend as much time with them you can. Dave
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the
    American Military. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.