Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TCEd View Post
    Can local CBS stations do their own thing and broadcast something else since this is a network program ?
    I fear turning the TV on and seeing a infomerical in those time slots.
    ed
    No sorry Ed CBS local cant change the programming and since CBS is the only station you get on your television, you are forced to watch it. They have developed a new figamajig that if you try and turn it off you will be shocked. Dont worry I heard the prototype only felt like grabbing a cow fence. We all apologize that these measures had to be taken with you, but if you dont watch, CBS will go out of business and we will lose some quality programming. Please Ed I beg of you, dont screw it up for the rest of us.
    www.tntoffshore.com

"El Racing boat es una pasion que se lleva en la sangre"

2. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing View Post
    No sorry Ed CBS local cant change the programming and since CBS is the only station you get on your television, you are forced to watch it. They have developed a new figamajig that if you try and turn it off you will be shocked. Dont worry I heard the prototype only felt like grabbing a cow fence. We all apologize that these measures had to be taken with you, but if you dont watch, CBS will go out of business and we will lose some quality programming. Please Ed I beg of you, dont screw it up for the rest of us.
    Obviously you misunderstood my question. I'll try again.
    Listen, I plan to watch the races, I just hope the local CBS station carries the races since I've experienced them doing their own thing in the past.
    ed

3. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    trent say i.m sorry lol

4. Collapse Details

You are right George, Ed I am sorry. In previous years, when Reggie paid for offshore to be on television the detractors always whined and complained that it was a "Fountain Infomercial". With Reggie paying for it, why shouldn't it have been. You can easily see where your post could be misunderstood. To answer your re-post that clarified, in speaking with CBS National a little while ago, shows listed as "Spectaculars" will be carried nationwide with the local CBS stations having to carry it as part of their contracts with the network. In summary, no, the local stations can not put an infomercial over this broadcast. Can I guarantee this, absolutely not, I am merely a messenger and called them directly and asked them.

Trent
    www.tntoffshore.com

"El Racing boat es una pasion que se lleva en la sangre"

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TCEd View Post
    Obviously you misunderstood my question. I'll try again.
    Listen, I plan to watch the races, I just hope the local CBS station carries the races since I've experienced them doing their own thing in the past.
    ed
    i was wondering about that as well, considering it's during Football season, im hoping to see the races on there, but will football be broadcasted instead? time will tell

for example...october 4th, Browns vs Bengals, CBS 1pm...kinda jives with the racing

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rchevelle71 View Post
    Weeded out the junk

2:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. The Super Boat Grand Prix Series
    Sunday, Oct. 4 CBS Sports Spectacular:

Saturday, Oct. 10 CBS Sports Spectacular:

Saturday, Oct. 24 CBS Sports Spectacular:

Saturday, Oct. 31 CBS Sports Spectacular:

Sunday, Nov. 15 CBS Sports Spectacular:

Saturday, Nov. 21 CBS Sports Spectacular:
    1:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m. The Super Boat Grand Prix Series

Sunday, Nov. 29 CBS Sports Spectacular

Saturday, Dec. 19 CBS Sports Spectacular:
    12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m. The Super Boat Grand Prix Series
    the days are messed up, seems all the boat events are on saturdays not sundays, so wont interfere with football

7. Collapse Details

Let me try from my home puter.

8. Collapse Details

Registered
    F1-00 Racing,
    No problem.
    ed

9. Collapse Details
    Here ya go...
    Thumbs up
    CBS Sports Spectacular ‘Super Boat Grand Prix’ 2009 Schedule:

Saturday, Oct. 3 CBS Sports Spectacular: 2:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. The Super Boat Grand Prix Series

Saturday, Oct. 10 CBS Sports Spectacular: 2:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. The Super Boat Grand Prix Series

Saturday, Oct. 24 CBS Sports Spectacular: 2:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. The Super Boat Grand Prix Series

Saturday, Oct. 31 CBS Sports Spectacular: 2:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. The Super Boat Grand Prix Series

Saturday, Nov. 7 CBS Sports Spectacular: 2:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. The Super Boat Grand Prix Series

Saturday, Nov. 21 CBS Sports Spectacular: 1:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m. The Super Boat Grand Prix Series

Saturday, Nov. 28 CBS Sports Spectacular: 2:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. The Super Boat Grand Prix Series

Saturday, Dec. 19 CBS Sports Spectacular: 12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m. The Super Boat Grand Prix Series
    Last edited by Coach; 08-17-2009 at 11:59 AM. Reason: updated Oct 3rd time...

10. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Guys oct 3rd is betweeen 2:00 - 3:00
    I would go by the schedule what CBS posted seems like a few people r trying to help but cant seem to copy it right. The schedule is there dont need 3 versions of it, thanks anyway.

11. Collapse Details

Any news on this one?

(ps and this is on this post; not an edit. I have been offline for about 25 days moving in new house, getting Verizon vs Comcast, etc so not being a smartazz; too much going on to look it up myself so looking for a quick answer...)

12. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    Any news on this one?

(ps and this is on this post; not an edit. I have been offline for about 25 days moving in new house, getting Verizon vs Comcast, etc so not being a smartazz; too much going on to look it up myself so looking for a quick answer...)
    Well, it's not on the schedule to be broadcast anymore. Maybe the Coach can explain!!

13. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Did it even air last weekend??????
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

14. Collapse Details

Experiencing production difficulties. PLEASE STAND BY

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SVL66 View Post
    Experiencing production difficulties. PLEASE STAND BY
    gotta say that somebody called this BS back then and got ridiculed.

even more suprising is the nobody has stood up and questioned sbi's lack of doing what it said was the "next big thing" for offshore, the CBS tv deal.

ahh just another empty promise. hopefully all those guys that were talking about having sponsorship $$$ because of sbi's TV deal got paid up front.

wonder if JC is going to give you guys a discount on the KW race???

16. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The "Word" is it will air but is delayed. Don't know when and why officially though. Hate to speculate with something so important though.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

17. Collapse Details

I will no longer be an 'unofficial' apologist for John Carbonell... The only producer of powerboat racing I will look to for leadership and what direction anything is going from now on is Smitty.

However, responsibility for paying the producer of the filming and getting the 'time-buy' aired was on Danny Gadarian's shoulders. JC was in over his head... I was told by Frank Chivas, that filming with the HD television cameras at Clearwater was provided by Frank Chivas. Since Danny Gadarian was a no show...

TV coverage is the topic of every other sentence in every conversation going on in the back ground, to resolve the future direction of where things will end up. Get your facts from Smitty, let everything else, take it's natural course.

Danny Gadarian used this number to call me after I signed the letter of intent to bring SBI to Clearwater last Jan. 25th, **********He's the one with the answers... from what he said.

Sorry guys... this is the man that told me I was the big mouth running around Clearwater! He was going to get the Sheriff and run me out of town! Its personal, no doubt about it!

Just PM me a request for the number, for this J... A..!
    Last edited by Coach; 10-10-2009 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Posting someone else's phone number :(

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty B View Post
    Start by paying your cable bill, the turn on CBS. If you cannot find CBS you have more problems than watching a boat race
    I just stream it from the net somehow...
    As I cant from abroad have access to US cable anyhow-thatīs how I look at Nascar too.
    Offshore Racing wasnīt designed to be a spectator sport, it's for people or companies with's lots of money to push the envelope of endurance technology and hopefully put a trophy on a mantle. It's man vs the elements, not like boats with like engines running in circles.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by AugiePensa View Post
    Brighthouse Cable is fine, I just brought a trailer load of High Def Machines to them 3 weeks ago in Pinalles Park, Fl and Orlando. Ain't no hole in my chest stopping me from driving a trailer and making $$$$$$. Great job SUPERBOAT! Wish I could have raced this year.
    Hang in there Bro !!!!!

Keep on pulling the S*it...
    Offshore Racing wasnīt designed to be a spectator sport, it's for people or companies with's lots of money to push the envelope of endurance technology and hopefully put a trophy on a mantle. It's man vs the elements, not like boats with like engines running in circles.

20. Collapse Details

Hey Micky, how are ya Bud. I guess we're gonna see you in Key West. Looking forward to it, be safe
    .......Augie Pensa.......

The Godfather