Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Carguy View Post
    Nice letter Tim sharkey in the Post star today. Alot of people are talking abou this here. Maybe try again next year. Well see

Which one me or the guy with the camera.I knew I should have signed it (not Sharkey Images)

2. Collapse Details

OK guys here is my 2 cents I very disappointed in the Poker Run being canceled as I had signed up and paid for the run and had taken two days off from work to attend. I live in LG but work down near the city. I have attended many meeting of the town and Park Comm. on regulation on boating in LG. As I believe I have a lot of expertise on the subjects. I have NO comments about the LGPC decision to cancel as you will see why further on. For those of you that don't know me personally I have been involved in offshore racing for many years I raced with Nicky Cutro (we are known to most of you as Pro Stock Pennzoil boat) from 87 till around early 2000 something when he stopped racing, we still are best Friend's and work together, I do his drive work. My side job has been a marine mechanic for over 30 years. I have been boating on LG since 1976 and always had performance boats. Now why I have no comments on LGPC. I have been a Police officer for almost 30 years and I am a member the HEAT UNIT ( Hudson Enforcement Assistance Team ) which is the Police Marine Unit made up of six Police Dept located on Hudson River and NY State Police form Tarrytown Barracks (Tappan Zee Bridge) I will be LG the day of the Fun Run on Hudson River ( because I took off work for Poker Run ) For those of you going to attend the FUN RUN on the Hudson River with the guys from Mahopac Marine I would like to wish everyone a fun and safe run. If any assistance is needed the Dobbs Ferry NY Police monitor marine Ch 16 24/7 the phone number is 914-693-5500 and they dispatch the HEAT UNIT please call if any emergency's arise. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance. Have a safe run
    Sgt. Richard White
    Hastings on Hudson Police Marine Unit
    914-478-2344

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Expensive Date View Post
    Which one me or the guy with the camera.I knew I should have signed it (not Sharkey Images)
    I just assumed..... Great letter, alot of people aare talking.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Clustergear View Post
    OK guys here is my 2 cents I very disappointed in the Poker Run being canceled as I had signed up and paid for the run and had taken two days off from work to attend. I live in LG but work down near the city. I have attended many meeting of the town and Park Comm. on regulation on boating in LG. As I believe I have a lot of expertise on the subjects. I have NO comments about the LGPC decision to cancel as you will see why further on. For those of you that don't know me personally I have been involved in offshore racing for many years I raced with Nicky Cutro (we are known to most of you as Pro Stock Pennzoil boat) from 87 till around early 2000 something when he stopped racing, we still are best Friend's and work together, I do his drive work. My side job has been a marine mechanic for over 30 years. I have been boating on LG since 1976 and always had performance boats. Now why I have no comments on LGPC. I have been a Police officer for almost 30 years and I am a member the HEAT UNIT ( Hudson Enforcement Assistance Team ) which is the Police Marine Unit made up of six Police Dept located on Hudson River and NY State Police form Tarrytown Barracks (Tappan Zee Bridge) I will be LG the day of the Fun Run on Hudson River ( because I took off work for Poker Run ) For those of you going to attend the FUN RUN on the Hudson River with the guys from Mahopac Marine I would like to wish everyone a fun and safe run. If any assistance is needed the Dobbs Ferry NY Police monitor marine Ch 16 24/7 the phone number is 914-693-5500 and they dispatch the HEAT UNIT please call if any emergency's arise. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance. Have a safe run
    Sgt. Richard White
    Hastings on Hudson Police Marine Unit
    914-478-2344

Rich,

Thank you very much. I have on my calendar to reach out to you on Monday once I get an idea as to where every one would like to head towards. Since you have the time off will you be joining us? If you dont want to drag your boat down, I will make room for you on one of ours.

Thanks again,
    Tom
    Mahopac Marina
    Outerlimits/Sunsation & Stingray Dealer
    www.mahopacmarina.com 845-628-6550 sales@mahopacmarina.com

5. Collapse Details

I will be LG the day of the Fun Run on Hudson River ( because I took off work for Poker Run )
    I should have read this with more depth. :bigear:
    Mahopac Marina

6. Collapse Details
    SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by Expensive Date View Post
    The older guy !

Honestly, I have not calmed down enough after the permit was pulled to write a letter without going off on these people.

Yes, their decision effects the hotels and local businesses of LG, but it also effected my business as well.

Fortunately I still had the funds to return to Poker Runs Promotions, LLC .
    I specifically stated it in our contract, in the event the Run was cancelled prior to Oct 8th I would provide a 100% refund. I would think the check would arrive there by tomorrow if not today.

This couldn't have happened a worse time. I was counting on some new sales from this event that I will no longer see...

When you lose an event, there is no way to make it up. It's gone.

What really bothers me is that it seems their decision was based soley on the Running of the boats. So what exactly are we talking about here? 2 hours tops on the Lake ? The rest of the time we are at lunch, card stops, and night gatherings. LGPC screwed us and the local businesses for over a simple 2 hour window of running the boats.

I am so ****ed !!! i need to get away from the keyboard now before I really unload on them.....

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES View Post
    The older guy !

Honestly, I have not calmed down enough after the permit was pulled to write a letter without going off on these people.

Yes, their decision effects the hotels and local businesses of LG, but it also effected my business as well.

Fortunately I still had the funds to return to Poker Runs Promotions, LLC .
    I specifically stated it in our contract, in the event the Run was cancelled prior to Oct 8th I would provide a 100% refund. I would think the check would arrive there by tomorrow if not today.

This couldn't have happened a worse time. I was counting on some new sales from this event that I will no longer see...

When you lose an event, there is no way to make it up. It's gone.

What really bothers me is that it seems their decision was based soley on the Running of the boats. So what exactly are we talking about here? 2 hours tops on the Lake ? The rest of the time we are at lunch, card stops, and night gatherings. LGPC screwed us and the local businesses for over a simple 2 hour window of running the boats.

I am so ****ed !!! i need to get away from the keyboard now before I really unload on them.....
    Call me tomorrow on my cell Tim. I have an idea for ya.
    Mahopac Marina

8. Collapse Details
    Warren County Supervisors say YES to Poker Run
    Check this out. Looks like they want Poker Run next year.
    http://www.poststar.com/news/local/m...cc4c03286.html

9. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Check this out. Looks like they want Poker Run next year.
    http://www.poststar.com/news/local/m...cc4c03286.html
    Now to start all over and try to get permits for something that was deemed "controversial" enough to cancel a permit two weeks before the event?

The main problem with most government entities, they don't think stuff like that matters. "Oh well, thay'll be back next year if we allow it" type attitudes have ruined many an event forever.

If contracts and permits can be cancelled at a moments notice, what's the point of even trying again? I'd recommend a lawsuit for damages, including punitive, against those who led the drive to get the permit rebuked. Maybe then they'll decide they aren't omnipotent.....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

10. Collapse Details

I won't be going.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Post Star
    ...with Horicon Supervisor Ralph Bentley saying the state could solve some of its budget issues by eliminating the Park Commission....
    LMAO!!!