Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Talking
    I think people will tell the difference in the equipment you may be carrying...

2. Collapse Details

Yeah probably, This is how I have to write my name on all Poker run registration forms. Tim Sharkey (not Sharkey Images) Thankfully I have not had to change my drivers license yet.
    There is on benefit though if I ever rent a bat boat and I screw up people will blame you

3. Collapse Details
    SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Talking
    You should probably try a different approach.
    Tim "THE TOOL MAN" Sharkey (Matco Tools)

4. Collapse Details

We're in....

Mailed the Application/Registration, Hold Harmless Form, Insurance Binder & Check....

A lot of sh!t to get a speeding ticket...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 036.jpg   034.jpg  

5. Collapse Details

Hummmmmmmm......

Thanks for the memories Sharkey!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by glh View Post
    Hummmmmmmm......

Nice pic...been there done that! (see pic below)

BTW, that is my old Scarab in the background! Miss that thing!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_01140048.JPG  

7. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=glh;318442]

A lot of sh!t to get a speeding ticket...

This will be great it will be like the black Trans Am in smokey and the bandit

8. Collapse Details

Registered
    Hey pete,
    i just sold the scarab, to a guy in south jersey, he loves it
    to small for the wife, solid boat
    brian

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
    Green Eyes ----could you post a list of the people who are signed up so far so we can light a fire under friends who havent sent in there applications yet.
    Will do tonight.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BUGSY View Post
    Hey pete,
    i just sold the scarab, to a guy in south jersey, he loves it
    to small for the wife, solid boat
    brian
    oh, I was wondering if you were going to bring it to Lake George this year....guess not!
    www.blackduckcafe.net

11. Collapse Details

Finally got the boat in the water to test.. As long as insurance goes through I'll be registering. See you there either way.

John over at treasure cove is an excellent person to know. Has let me launch there multiple times. A+

12. Collapse Details
    SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by glh View Post
    Hummmmmmmm......

I remember that !

13. Collapse Details

Can't wait need a break.

14. Collapse Details

Entertainment Update - 2 Bands!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just got a call from the good folks at the King Neptune Pub informing me that they'll be providing live entertainment on BOTH NIGHTS!.
    On Friday night, the Jonathan Newell Band will be performing and on Saturday night, it will be Crossfire.
    Info about both bands is available at:
    http://www.kingneptunespub.com/index...ages&r=0&pid=3

It just keeps getting better.

15. Collapse Details
    SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Thumbs up
    NICE !!!!

16. Collapse Details

Thank You, see you Friday

17. Collapse Details

EVENT CANCELLED - All registration fees and Sponsor Money will be refunded in FULL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yesterday I was informed by the Lake George Park Commission (LGPC), that they had filed a request with the NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation (DEC) to revoke the regatta permit for this event. The permit was issued by the DEC on June 1, 2009 without objection by the LGPC. They are now requesting that it be revoked due to "safety, navigational, recreational and environmental concerns". Although the LGPC had reviewed the permit application in May and requested modifications which were then incorporated into a modified application, they've now decided to seek to revoke the permit just 2 weeks before the event was scheduled to take place.
    I cannot apologize to everyone who registered and our sponsors enough. I have to say that I didn't see this coming. On June 12th a meeting was held with representatives from the LGPC followed by various telephone conversations and personal meetings as well. I have known all along that the LGPC was difficult to work with. I had been warned by many people. However, I thought that in working with them throughout the process, we had established a reasonable working relationship. Obviously I was misled.
    Not only did they not agree to increase the speed limit for the event, they have now also removed the exemption for the "noise limits" and requested that the permit itself be revoked.
    ALL REGISTRATION FEES AND SPONSOR FEES WILL BE REFUNDED IN FULL. All checks will refunded or returned this week.
    I intend to appeal this action vigorously. However, in the meantime, I think that's it's only fair to return everyone's money.
    The Fort William Henry has agreed to refund all deposits and payments in full as well due to this arbitrary action by the LGPC.
    THERE IS NO EVENT! Please do not just "show up". If so, it will be condsidered an illegal gathering and I can guarantee you that the LGPC will be there in full force to ticket as many people as they can for so sound, noise, speed and anything else that they can think of.
    Again, I apologize. If you have any questions, please feel free to give me a call at 518-312-7478.
    Norm__________________

18. Collapse Details
    SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Unhappy
    I am sure all of the hotels and businesses that were to benefit from this event will have something to say to the NYPC...

Nothing like having a hotel's phone ringing off the hook with cancellations on a holiday weekend...

So sorry to hear this Norm.

In today's economy, it is hard enough to make a buck. And then you have people like this....

19. Collapse Details

That just sucks!!!!!! I am sure that you will have plenty of backing for your appeal.
    I guess the NYPC could care less about a little boost for the local bis's this late in the year.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES View Post
    I am sure all of the hotels and businesses that were to benefit from this event will have something to say to the NYPC...

Nothing like having a hotel's phone ringing off the hook with cancellations on a holiday weekend...

So sorry to hear this Norm.

In today's economy, it is hard enough to make a buck. And then you have people like this....

I was thinking of going anyway but we need to take money out of there pocket.Thats the only way they might listen.I bet collectively we would have spent 50gs or more that weekend as a group.thats a lot of money that will no longer be in there economy.I will spend mine were I am welcome.
    I spoke with Norm tonight and I believe he is a stand up guy he put a lot of time and effort into this.Norm if you would like to deduct some money from my refund for the cost of the shirt please feel free to do so.