1. Collapse Details
    Labor Day Poker Run in Tampa Bay area!
    Thumbs up
    Well, we are certainly in the middle of summer for sure! Between the thunderstorms, the hot and humid weather is sure to bring those beads of sweat. Although we have to keep and eye on the weather alot more now, it sure is not hindering the motivation to go boating and racing! Whether on facebook, offshore only, or serious offshore...the chatter is in full swing! Lots of events to attend still, but the Labor Day Poker Run is growing in leaps and bounds! Attached are the registration and sponsorship documents.

But first, let's outline what's up and coming...

This weekend...Emerald Coast Poker Run! I hear over 200 powerboats will be attending! Woohoo! That's gonna be a great event...but be safe everyone! For more info, go to www.flpowerboat.com
    For those that are staying local...we are having a fun run to Island Way Grill for a fantastic brunch this Sunday, and we plan to be there around 11:00 am. Enjoy the great brunch, then we're off to do some boating, then maybe turn it up a notch. We'll see. Check out our website, and facebook, for more info.

Labor Day Poker Run - 9/5/2009 - Based in the Tampa/St. Pete/Sarasota area, this event is growing nicely! We have the event party at the Hyatt Boathouse, and the poker run stops will be nothing short of fun and entertaining! Again, look on our website for all the info, including the registration info, sponsorship info, and the hotel reservations link.
    If you reserve your room at the Hyatt before 8/16, your slip is FREE!!!

Tampa Fun Run - 9/19/2009 - This is the infamous Tampa Fun Run that goes from the West Shore Yacht Club into downtown Tampa. We are looking forward to this great event, as it is a low stress, high fun event. From Jackson's on Friday night to Rick's on the river to...????, oh heck its Saturday night in Tampa! Woohoo! For more info, check out our Calendar.

Clearwater Beach - 10/3/2009 - Hmm...can't let the cat out of the bag for this one yet. But keep the date handy. Huge event details coming soon!!!

Ft. Lauderdale Boat Show - 10/29 - 11/2 Need I say more? We all look forward to the new models (of boats, of course), the camaraderie, and the great parties! Check out www.flpowerboat.com to see where their next awesome boat show party will be. We will be there!

Key West World Championships and FPC Poker Run - 11/9 - 11/16 Yup, this is the anchor event of the year...every year! I think the entire nation of powerboaters converge for this event every year. Great racing action, and an over the top Poker Run from the Florida Powerboat Club. Again, come see this event, and if you want to participate, contact www.flpowerboat.com for all the poker run details.

You can rest assured that the West Coast Powerboat Club and their members will be attending many of these events. Stay tuned, and keep checking the calendar for updates. For REAL TIME UPDATES, go to our facebook page!

See you on the water!

Michael Erturk
    Poker Run/Event Coordinator/Founder
    Michael@WestCoastPowerboatClub.com

West Coast Power Boat Club, LLC (of Florida)
    www.WestCoastPowerBoatClub.com

Check our calendar for the next event in your area!

2. Collapse Details

Banned
    There's no shortage of things to do on the water in Southwest Florida!
    http://www.ftmyersoffshore.com/

Ft Myers Offshore - 2009 / 2010 Fun Run Schedule

Date Destination
    Oct. 10, 2009 Naples Bay Resort / Keewaydin Beach
    Nov. 28, 2009 Harpoon Harry's, Punta Gorda
    Jan. 1, 2010 C. J.'s on the Bay – Esplanade, Marco Island
    Jan. 30, 2010 Useppa Island
    March 6, 2010 Hamilton Harbor, Naples

3. Collapse Details

Holy cow! The registrations are flooding in for the Labor Day Weekend Poker Run! So far, a really great showing! Docks are filling up nicely. I will be laying out the boat slips very soon. Please make sure to get your registration information to me ASAP! I will need this in order to successfully layout the boat slips properly. You can fax me a copy of your registration form so I can secure your boat slip now. Those that already have, you are locked-in and confirmed...thank you!

I can imagine that the hangover is just now starting to go away, from the great event at Destin with the Florida Powerboat Club! Yup...weather tried to stop that one as well, and again, it was a great success. Hats off to Stu and Jackie from the Florida Powerboat Club! Woohoo. Now, let's look forward to this upcoming Labor Day Poker Run, oh it's gonna ROCK!

While it is fresh in your mind, you will need to make the reservations at the Hyatt by this Friday, August 21st in order to receive the free boat slip deal!

All the info is on the website at www.WestCoastPowerboatClub.com

Some have asked about the itinerary, and where we are going. So I've put together this quick preliminary itinerary for both the St. Petersburg start and the Sarasota start! No matter where you are starting from, you will all converge at Egmont Key, and the massive group will be together from that point forward! Then the fun and powerboating excitement REALLY begins!

Believe me!...There is much more in store! I have a few tricks up my sleeve...and you will like it!!

Go to our website...check out all the info...and get in it!!!

Still a few sponsorship spots open! We have a great lineup already...thanks to our SPONSORS! (click here)

Contact me for any other info!

Michael Erturk
    Poker Run & Event Coordinator/President

4. Collapse Details

Hey folks...what a great crowd we had at the Labor Day Poker Run 2009! The weather finally cooperated, and allowed us to let our machines roar! I heard from friends that it was an AMAZING sight to see as they drove over the Skyway Bridge! Thanks to soooo many great people helping out...John and Jean, for helping with check in, and Jodee Rucker and her gang for taking on St. Pete check in! Y'all are the best! They deserve a nice applause, so please tell them thank you!!!

We have already begun on the video editing! So expect a completion very soon! As you may know already, there are over 100 pictures on our website, and other members' websites as well. Just look for us on 'facebook' and you will see all the good pictures of the event also. Thanks to the very talented Jay Nichols, we were able to capture some jaw dropping images of some fantastic boats! Feel free to contact Jay at jay@lettering.net and he will be able to get you some great hi-res photos very reasonably!

Well, the event was bigger than expected, and surely welcomed the additional, last minute participants. Although some had a few mechanical issues, the end result was that everyone was safe, and we all had a fantastic time. A huge thanks to the many sponsors for being the backbone of this event, and supporting this great sport!! Please visit our website and click on the sponsor link. Click on each sponsor's logo, and you will see the great products and services they all have to offer for our great members!

Oh, its not over! Just when you think its safe to drain that beer cooler out of the boat...the Tampa Fun Run is just around the corner! That's right, next weekend...Saturday, September 19th is the event that will cap off the summer with a bang! Tons of fun stuff in store for that weekend, along with some great giveaways from the many Tampa Fun Run sponsors!

Many of the West Coast Powerboat Club members will be there in full force! I'm sure we will STILL be hearing about the stories from the Labor Day Run, but its time to make some more memories!! So get that boat tuned up, those coolers filled, and fill that boat up with people! This run will surely make the record books...just like our recent Labor Day Poker Run!

The flyer for the event is on the WPC site. Click 'Calendar', then the Tampa Fun Run logo, and that file includes all the details. Please contact Debbie Piper with your RSVP. PLEASE RSVP as soon as you can. It is very important that we all get a good head count so we can plan the event accordingly. If you don't RSVP, and just show up last minute, we may not have budgeted for you, and the result will be that we will probably run out of things for everyone. First come, first serve on the docks. Please make your room reservations and your RSVPs quickly!

From the Tampa Fun Run crew, and the staff & members of the West Coast Powerboat Club, we look to make this event a 1 - 2 punch! As always, our goal is to provide a wonderful boating day with an array of gifts and prizes to all the members, but we must maintain our safety standards. Any dumb horseplay will NOT be tolerated. We are all here to have fun, and trust me, you WILL indeed have an amazing, fun time at this event! Please contact Debbie Piper or myself with any further questions!

See YOU on the water!

Michael Erturk
    Poker Run/Event Coordinator/Founder

5. Collapse Details

registered
    It was a fantastic run, indeed. Next year, I'll make it a point to be a part of it.