Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
  1. Collapse Details

Don't puss out Joe!

2. Collapse Details
    Recharged Brain
    Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    Don't puss out Joe!
    For Four Hours , Last I Heard 1 to3s Possilable Small Craft Warrnings / If So I'm Going To Go The Puzzy Way Up The River, Through Down Town Out The CHICAGO LOCKS And Up Alittle And Left ,Then North And I Made It "If By Chance It Get Changed To Sunday Can Someone Call Me, At Any Time" You Know My Work Hours SUCK So Maybe I Can Grab A Few More Zzzzz's . JOE If Your Worried About The Drives I Got Room In The Baby Boat Be A Blast Going Up The "RIVER WITH Jew" CUZZ ! ca-pish?.

3. Collapse Details
    Had a wonderfulllll
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony M View Post
    For Four Hours , Last I Heard 1 to3s Possilable Small Craft Warrnings / If So I'm Going To Go The Puzzy Way Up The River, Through Down Town Out The CHICAGO LOCKS And Up Alittle And Left ,Then North And I Made It "If By Chance It Get Changed To Sunday Can Someone Call Me, At Any Time" You Know My Work Hours SUCK So Maybe I Can Grab A Few More Zzzzz's . JOE If Your Worried About The Drives I Got Room In The Baby Boat Be A Blast Going Up The "RIVER WITH Jew" CUZZ ! ca-pish?.
    TIME , Just Got Pimp [1] One Dock Line From Some Red Long Nose Boat , Bastages !:willynilly::boxingsmiley::

4. Collapse Details

What a day yesterday was! Once we left hammond, Art blew his motor 1/2 mile out of there. Ended up having to go back all the way to Sunset bay with him since he couldnt steer his boat on one engine. That was a 4hr detour I didnt enjoy with it downpouring on me the whole idle down the river and back. Finally made the party when just about everyone was leaving.

Today was MUCH better. just laid at the beach tied up to matt with the Bullet. Very relaxing. Figured i would throw some more gas in at hammond before we headed back. All the fuel pumps were shut down! Spent 1 1/2 hrs getting fuel!

FYI 3 Blades SUCK on my boat! Getting on plane was just about impossible, and at 4k rpm, about 45mph. Compared to 55mph with my maximus. Guzzled some fuel!

Tony, how did u make out? Last i heard you made it to river city??

5. Collapse Details
    L o n g s t o r y !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    What a day yesterday was! Once we left hammond, Art blew his motor 1/2 mile out of there. Ended up having to go back all the way to Sunset bay with him since he couldnt steer his boat on one engine. That was a 4hr detour I didnt enjoy with it downpouring on me the whole idle down the river and back. Finally made the party when just about everyone was leaving.

Today was MUCH better. just laid at the beach tied up to matt with the Bullet. Very relaxing. Figured i would throw some more gas in at hammond before we headed back. All the fuel pumps were shut down! Spent 1 1/2 hrs getting fuel!

FYI 3 Blades SUCK on my boat! Getting on plane was just about impossible, and at 4k rpm, about 45mph. Compared to 55mph with my maximus. Guzzled some fuel!

Tony, how did u make out? Last i heard you made it to river city??
    Dont Want To Ever Repeat, Got Home Sunday @ 630pm A verry Costly Day

6. Collapse Details

After leaving 1-1/2 hours after we were supposed to Saturday (just in time for the rain to start...nothing like getting hit in the face with rain @ 60 mph), losing Joe and Art, and watching Rich's rootertail run away into the distance...my mood was not good. We attempted anchoring just outside the chaos of the bad influence crew that had already arrived, only to slowly drift away in that stupid freakin' wind...the anchors couldn't hold because all that was on the bottom was WEEDS. Rich's OL nearly got clipped by a raft of about 10 boats swinging by, so he bailled. I decided I wanted out as well, collected what things and people we could, and milled around the party for another 1/2 hour or so...just in time for Joe to show up! Little Dennis and I took off...and I noticed no water pressure on my starboard motor and it was heating up. Shut it down just off Navy Pier, where the waves were about 4 foot coming from every direction...I started idling out of the breakwall for a little protection from the wind and I look over at D...he's got his hatch up as well! His port motor was overheating...offshore pickups sucked up a bunch of weeds. I took a swim and yanked a huge clump of weeds out of my pickups...fired it up and and the pressure went right up to normal and the temp dropped. Ended up idling all the way over to Burnham to grab a dock and fix the Scarab...pulled the pump and removed a ton of weeds, but he had already smoked the impeller, so we had to run off and on all the way back to Hammond. Covered the boat, left it in a slip overnight, and went home to forget about the day.

Yesterday, however, was awesome. Great day at Boater's Beach with the T-dockers...sorry you couldn't stay Leo...post some pics of our ride over if you can!

7. Collapse Details

In Fond Remembrance. StraightJacket's Avatar
    Wow looks like I made a good call and stayed at the shop and worked on the boat all day. I was also dry. Got the motor mounts all made up .

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    After leaving 1-1/2 hours after we were supposed to Saturday (just in time for the rain to start...nothing like getting hit in the face with rain @ 60 mph), losing Joe and Art, and watching Rich's rootertail run away into the distance...my mood was not good. We attempted anchoring just outside the chaos of the bad influence crew that had already arrived, only to slowly drift away in that stupid freakin' wind...the anchors couldn't hold because all that was on the bottom was WEEDS. Rich's OL nearly got clipped by a raft of about 10 boats swinging by, so he bailled. I decided I wanted out as well, collected what things and people we could, and milled around the party for another 1/2 hour or so...just in time for Joe to show up! Little Dennis and I took off...and I noticed no water pressure on my starboard motor and it was heating up. Shut it down just off Navy Pier, where the waves were about 4 foot coming from every direction...I started idling out of the breakwall for a little protection from the wind and I look over at D...he's got his hatch up as well! His port motor was overheating...offshore pickups sucked up a bunch of weeds. I took a swim and yanked a huge clump of weeds out of my pickups...fired it up and and the pressure went right up to normal and the temp dropped. Ended up idling all the way over to Burnham to grab a dock and fix the Scarab...pulled the pump and removed a ton of weeds, but he had already smoked the impeller, so we had to run off and on all the way back to Hammond. Covered the boat, left it in a slip overnight, and went home to forget about the day.

Yesterday, however, was awesome. Great day at Boater's Beach with the T-dockers...sorry you couldn't stay Leo...post some pics of our ride over if you can!
    Oh, not sure how much fuel you guys went thru, but I burned thru about 600 bucks worth with those damn 3 blades!

Gina and I were bummed saturday night, we were hoping to catch up with Mike and Michelle for a drink or two back at hammond. Maybe next time!

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by StraightJacket View Post
    Wow looks like I made a good call and stayed at the shop and worked on the boat all day. I was also dry. Got the motor mounts all made up .

They say, "a bad day boating beats a good day working". That statement is malarky!

I did pull my anchor up after being in the playpen, and there was enough seaweed on it to fill up a city trash can. Im guessing all the boats out there with anchors out stirred up a lot of seaweed, hence the issues with lil d, mikey, and tony.

10. Collapse Details
    Sea weed if
    You Could Dry That $hit Out And sell It On The Conner you Could Be A F-en Millionare,So Far A Compleat Water pump Kit,All Water Lines Getting Blowen Out , BLA Bla Bla Bab la, Third Trip Back To Bblades Goes My 30p Hope To Have It Back By The 14th, So Far This Year $ucks.

11. Collapse Details

Well I had a great week-end! Maybe I'm only looking at the bright side. We got on anchor in the pen, and the Scene boats pulled right on front of us about 5 minutes later. It was perfect. About 3:30 their whole line started shifting towards us. They thought I was moving. Went to get the nice Fortress anchor up, and no way. Several guys on the crusers gave it a whirl also. No way! With no room around us to get it released, I had to cut it. Made a nice run with Red Hot on Sunday. Thanks Mike, that was fun. My daughter Natalie drove back to Hammond from boaters. Ran out of gas on the port engine about a mile from the harbor entrance. Both tanks were full on Friday. Anytime I burn that much gas, I know I had a good time. The water was the best! Mike I'll get some picture up!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0211.jpg   DSC_0213.jpg   DSC_0214.jpg  

12. Collapse Details

Sunday fun with Mike and Michelle. Mike was making the best of the conditions, and get some great air. Natalie had her hands full with the camera, trying to run next to them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0244.jpg   DSC_0239.jpg   DSC_0240.jpg  

13. Collapse Details

What a weekend! The camper top came in handy!