Thread: Updated status

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

we will be in the Ozarks !!!!!

2. Collapse Details

In Fond Remembrance. StraightJacket's Avatar
    Actually this is going to be more of a sit down than a stand up. Not a alot of free-board in it with the center tank. If we do saddle tanks I can have the floor dropped. I think I'm going to design and build an air seat frames for the front seats this winter.

Not sure of what a bare hull would run cost wise as of yet but i might be able to find out. This hull is heavy at 3300 but the next one will be built lighter hope around 2300 or less.

3. Collapse Details

Any more current pics?

Mark

4. Collapse Details

In Fond Remembrance. StraightJacket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCig View Post
    Any more current pics?

Mark
    No not yet, doesn't really look like much right now. Took the boxes off to Paint and redo the bearings. Got all the Running Lites on it, and the surface mount horns, Side vents, steering wheel and switch panels, bilge pumps, blower, and pulling all the wiring and starting that end of it.

I had Niels boat in there for a few days , WOW what a nice piece of history , told him I would help him when he is ready to re rig it.

5. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightJacket View Post

I had Niels boat in there for a few days , WOW what a nice piece of history , told him I would help him when he is ready to re rig it.
    Are you talking about my old boat..LONGSHOT?

6. Collapse Details

OK boys and girls...time for me to pick up the ball and run with this one since Ol Brian doesn't know how to work a camera, much less a computer...interfacing the two is not something they teach in redneck school. HOWEVER...he must've taken an advanced class in boat rigging, as the Python is coming along nicely...and not even my help is screwing things up! Here's the latest pics:

Nearly complete transom...Stellings ext boxes have been painted silver and re-installed, along with drives (with the addition of some new bearings). Steering has been hooked up, along with the hydrualic lines for the drive trim and tab trim.

New transom plates...full custom 1/4 steel...so now the motor positioning has to be reset, as these are a lot thinner than the stock ones. Much cleaner look, for sure.

Throttles, shifters, and corresponding cables have been hooked up, and just needs to be mounted permanently.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails python 008.jpg   python 007.jpg   python 009.jpg  

7. Collapse Details

Port side of the dash...notice the drive and tab trim switches reciprocating the driver-controlled ones. All the electrics are wired up...all the lights are LED, including a nifty electrically-raised telescoping stern light.

Trim and drive indicators are now in place and cables hooked up. The location on top of the "windscreen" means the boat cover will have to be modified...when the drives are pulled out, the indicators will be sticking all the way up! I have to tool some aluminum for the indicators.

Also note the starter switches on the panel just above the steering wheel...trick "racecar" inspired toggle switches with covers. No keys for this bad boy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails python 005.jpg   python 006.jpg   python 004.jpg  

8. Collapse Details

Behind the scenes action...in order to save room and make for a cleaner appearance in the engine compartment, all the trim pumps, and of course the steering pump (no power assist! Power steering takes horsepower away...duh!) have been mounted in the "cabin." The plumbing still needs to be cleaned up and fastened, but it is all hooked up.

The underside of the indicators...Brian custom made the bracket mount and the mounting plate.

That's all for now. Big projects in the future include cutting 2" off the seat bases and making mounting plates to secure them to the stringers...a problem with the mounting positions that had to be compensated for is the fact that the original boat had pedestal seats which did not interfere with the center-mounted fuel tank. The bolsters would, and thus have to be customized a bit. Also, swinging the motors in and making new mid-plates for the motor mounts to accommodate the slightly different positioning.

The other strategic advance has been the naming of the boat, which will invariably be: STRAIGHT JACKET.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails python 003.jpg   python 002.jpg   python 001.jpg  

9. Collapse Details

Any concern with the switches mounted on the side? Idiots bumping them coming in/out of cabin? PITA having to look around the corner to see what is being pushed?

Glad to see this build moving forward!

10. Collapse Details

Not at all Mark. Getting in and out of the cabin is not only difficult (even for me, and I'm NOT a big dude)...it should be relatively unneccesary as it is totally unfinished. Nuthin' but stringers and bulkheads and storage space down there!

11. Collapse Details

Very cool Mike....does Sr. plan on having it up and running for next Summer?

12. Collapse Details

That's the plan Mike. Under a normal circumstance, when there's a new boat in the crew, I usually just say "Damn...can't wait to ride in that one!" This time, I said "I wanna DRIVE."

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SC288 View Post
    Very cool Mike....does Sr. plan on having it up and running for next Summer?

I just left Sr. a bit ago,,,, did some brainstorming,,,, gave Tony M some sandpaper to scuff the drives for painting .

He gave him a bunch of help today along with Mike

Im going to go out on a limb and say it will be running by Christmas.
    Last edited by OBNOXUS; 11-15-2009 at 11:30 PM.

14. Collapse Details
    Thumbs up
    Great job, boat is lookin awesome! The name is great. Keep up the good work

15. Collapse Details

Lookin good!!!!!!!

16. Collapse Details

Coming along nicely!!!!! Great job!

17. Collapse Details
    Sand paper .
    Quote Originally Posted by OBNOXUS View Post
    I just left Sr. a bit ago,,,, did some brainstorming,,,, gave Tony M some sandpaper to scuff the drives for painting .

He gave him a bunch of help today along with Mike

Im going to go out on a limb and say it will be running by Christmas.
    Scuff This Drive !

18. Collapse Details

A phone call woulda been nice BTW......I wouldnt have minded coming by to lend a hand....jerks

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    A phone call woulda been nice BTW......I wouldnt have minded coming by to lend a hand....jerks
    ditto......

20. Collapse Details

Wasn't like a big party or anything, boys! So far, it's been mostly Brian himself doing the work, and me popping my head in there whenever I can. Sunday was a rarity, as Bri wasn't driving Sat. night due to the benefit.