Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

State Farm has my 32 AT. Underwriting tried to deny it, but my agent got it pushed through. I think a lot depends on how long you've been with them, what else you have with them, the $$$ value and speed of the boat, and more than anything how much power your agent has and how much is willing to go to bat for you.

2. Collapse Details

I have one with Amica but it gets reviewed each year. The only reason that they have not dropped me is that I just don't use the boats enough for them to worry that much about it. I do get a phone call each spring however and I have to plead my case....

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    State Farm has my 32 AT. Underwriting tried to deny it, but my agent got it pushed through. I think a lot depends on how long you've been with them, what else you have with them, the $$$ value and speed of the boat, and more than anything how much power your agent has and how much is willing to go to bat for you.
    Agreed. I have 4 cars, a bike, a sled, 3 boats, rental house, personal house, umbrella and personal item policy. They covered my 34 Hustler Cheetah, which they normally wouldnt touch.
    Elitemarine@sbcglobal.net
    www.elitemarineonline.com - Livorsi,CP,Lifeline,CMI,Box Anchor & more!

4. Collapse Details

If you are only concerned about the liability arising out of towing the boat and nothing more then it's a simple (however may not be inexpensive) fix. Call your auto carrier, tell them you want to increase your limits to the highest they will offer... most will be $500,000 COMBINED SINGLE LIMIT (make sure you use those words). Some carriers may go up to $1,000,000 on the auto, again, combined single limit if you can.

This will avoid the headache of trying to find an umbrella policy. Hope this helps.
    Stacy Shute
    Wake Zone Marine Insurance Brokerage
    "Insuring your Need for Speed"

www.wakezoneinsurance.com

s.shute@wakezoneinsurance.com

Phone: 866-792-4149

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by insurancegoddess View Post
    If you are only concerned about the liability arising out of towing the boat and nothing more then it's a simple (however may not be inexpensive) fix. Call your auto carrier, tell them you want to increase your limits to the highest they will offer... most will be $500,000 COMBINED SINGLE LIMIT (make sure you use those words). Some carriers may go up to $1,000,000 on the auto, again, combined single limit if you can.

This will avoid the headache of trying to find an umbrella policy. Hope this helps.

Glad to see you found your way here, Stacy! Thank you for going the extra mile finding me coverage! Appreciate everything! For anyone that doesn't know her, she will go WAY out of her way to make sure you get the best policy at the best price!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan8886 View Post
    Glad to see you found your way here, Stacy! Thank you for going the extra mile finding me coverage! Appreciate everything! For anyone that doesn't know her, she will go WAY out of her way to make sure you get the best policy at the best price!

I sure did! A few lil' birdies told me about this great up and coming performance site.
    Stacy Shute
    Wake Zone Marine Insurance Brokerage
    "Insuring your Need for Speed"

www.wakezoneinsurance.com

s.shute@wakezoneinsurance.com

Phone: 866-792-4149

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Agreed; State Farm has both my Cig's, Bass Boat and Sea Doo, all with a $5m Umbrella.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Gun View Post
    Agreed; State Farm has both my Cig's, Bass Boat and Sea Doo, all with a $5m Umbrella.
    It is all about the math. The farm will take some things for some people and not for others.

There umbrella will only take boats that they insure according to my agent.

There are quite a few guys in our club that have their HP boats insured through them, but it is because of the rest of the checks they write every year for the other "NO RISK" business.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jeff1000man View Post
    It is all about the math. The farm will take some things for some people and not for others.

There umbrella will only take boats that they insure according to my agent.

There are quite a few guys in our club that have their HP boats insured through them, but it is because of the rest of the checks they write every year for the other "NO RISK" business.
    The Farm is also more receptive to underwriting offshore boats in areas where not underwriting them might cost them the rest of the houshold's business. LOTO would be one such area. I have all my policies with them including my boat and a $1.2 mil PLUP that is about to get bumped to $2 mil as my son will get his driver's license this fall.

10. Collapse Details

State Farm is insuring my 382 700 nxt fastech. It fits under my umbrella. You need to present it as a "performance cruiser". The fact that it has a genset,TV, VCR, AC, Vac flush toilet sold the cruiser end of the deal.

11. Collapse Details

state farm also insures everything for me 15 trucks 36apache houses and business!