Thread: Joint Venture

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Well the teams i spoke to did vote on it. I dont think there is a board or anyone left to vote. If there is no more OSS as many members have pointed out why would they need a vote. Goerge JR said the same thing a few post back read it. I think Ron and teams that want to race OPA is about what it is, no differnt then Bill and what ever teams are interested in racing SBI.

2. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ryan Beckley's Avatar
    HUH.....I guess we really weren't on a board call last week and we never talked about any of this. I'm glad you let us know Frank.......Ray C., Ron, June, Brad, Randy, Jeff, Teague, & I must have all imagined that we were on our call......maybe were not having one next week either???? Please let me know???? We'll be in St Clair....racing......
    Ryan Beckley

3. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Ryan,

Never said you didnt have a board call, never talked about calls. He asked about a vote and I said from the TEAMS I PERSONAL talked to they said there was no vote they know about. A ballot was suppose to go out and again from the OSS teams I spoke to they said it never happend.... Possible they are all full of S==T , you tell me.

4. Collapse Details

Banned
    And here we all go again ,,,what does this all have to do with unifying ??????

But all hell breaks loose when i say or write something.

U all need to relax.

The way i see this ,,its an opertunity to race where ever u want too. AND THAT IS GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FREEDOM FOR THE RACERS AND U MAY ALL RACE WHERE U WANT AND HAVE FUN AND BE HAPPY.

5. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ryan Beckley's Avatar
    Frank
    You just said " I dont think there is a board or anyone left to vote."

Your facts are incorrect.......there has NEVER been any ballot mentioned......most OSS boats will be in St Clair next weekend........those are the facts....I am not sure of anything else you've mentioned,.... are you?

See you in Indiana........
    Ryan Beckley

6. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    your right , we haven,t voted on much in a very long time , i guess it,s not an owners org, any more?
    You tell me if it true or not, just tell u what we all hear.

7. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    One step forward and 3 steps back. It sounds like a great offer being excepted by JC. In my opinion just a little to late in the game. I would still like to see a joint OPA/OSS Org. for 2010. After next weekend we can start working on a plan that can benifits both Org. and bring it to the teams for review. Its not in stone yet but it can be done. At some point before the end of the year OPA and OSS will decide if its best to merge. So far I love the idea but some races together will tell.
    Thankyou Billy and JC for your efforts. Options are always good.
    MD

8. Collapse Details

SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post

The way i see this ,,its an opertunity to race where ever u want too.

And you needed a letter signed to be able to do that ?

Perhaps we can see those signatures reversed one day ?

JC reaching out to let his racers race wherever they want without a fine or penalty....

Now that would be something to pat him on the back for...

Nothing's changed.

Before this letter, most racers had the option to race where they want to. Today, those same racers still do have the option to race where they want to...

How many SBI teams coming to Harrison Twp this weekend?

I think I saw Brett showing interest?

9. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Just so all of you understand. OSS already has 2 race sites sighned with contracts and deposits for next year. No its not dead by any means. If OSS wants to stand on its own in2010 it can and will. OSS is trying to do whats best for the sport,teams and fans. If some people keep pushing and making it like a challange, some race teams might say lets just show them we dont need this and keep dragging this out.
    MD

10. Collapse Details
    SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    there is NO MORE OSS !!!!
    So how can something that does not exist merge ???????
    If this is how most of you think, then why the praise for JC signing a letter to propose this plan to an org you believe does not exist?

11. Collapse Details

SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Randy,

It sure would be nice to see everyone equally welcomed at each other's races. If or when that ever happens, great ! Until then, you, OSS and the OPA teams by far have made the most effort to work together. I congratulate any of the other teams from the other organization that have decided to help with racing together.

12. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES View Post
    If this is how most of you think, then why the praise for JC signing a letter to propose this plan to an org you believe does not exist?
    Its is to try and help OSS teams that have paid their fee's for 2009 . SBI has agreed if they want to run the rest off the races, they will not collect equip. or registration/entry fee's....NO MORE NO LESS

13. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley View Post
    Frank
    You just said " I dont think there is a board or anyone left to vote."

Your facts are incorrect.......there has NEVER been any ballot mentioned......most OSS boats will be in St Clair next weekend........those are the facts....I am not sure of anything else you've mentioned,.... are you?

See you in Indiana........
    Ryan,
    See you in Indiana, have a great race and good luck in St. Clair

14. Collapse Details

SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    Its is to try and help OSS teams that have paid their fee's for 2009 . SBI has agreed if they want to run the rest off the races, they will not collect equip. or registration/entry fee's....NO MORE NO LESS
    I guess I got my answer about Key West now....

So Key West November 2009 will not be included in this invitation....

Thanks for clearing that up !

But it is $350 per person at every joint race ?

15. Collapse Details

I think it is alot of pot stirring. Until Ron P makes an announcement or resigns it is nothing. As President of the OSS it is his and only his responsibility to post, comment on, or agree to an commitment. The rest of us are just ****ing in the coolaid. Some more than others.

16. Collapse Details
    SHARKEY-IMAGES
    Wink
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo 214 View Post
    I think it is alot of pot stirring. Until Ron P makes an announcement or resigns it is nothing. As President of the OSS it is his and only his responsibility to post, comment on, or agree to an commitment. The rest of us are just ****ing in the coolaid. Some more than others.

Dean,
    You just might get coverage afterall ...
    I'll know more tomorrow...

17. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ron P's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo 214 View Post
    Bingo! We have a winner.

See ya in St Clair!

PS - Frank, since your so concerned about our corporate structure - the board members vote for their class on a weekly basis. Votes are taken all the time on current issues. it's true, the last time we had a vote with all the teams was in June when they decided to not attend Sunny Isles Beach FL. Was June that long ago? It's also true that some teams would like to vote on every topic. Our bylaws define which topics need a racer vote vs a board vote vs decisions I make on my own for the benifit of the organization.

PPS - Frank and Daredevil, if you want to do something valuable for the sport why don't you get JC to agree to these exact same terms for Key West 09 or Sarasota in 2010 and invite OSS and OPA to attend. Then maybe for once we can all race together in one place.

One thing I learned a long time ago, typing on these board does not help or fix the problems. It only creates more. You have my number if you want to talk.

18. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Good luck Ron sounds like you have a handle on it this time. hopefully you can take Offshore to the next level.

19. Collapse Details

Good God DD, it's "plane" you really need to go to an English as a first language course.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    Good luck Ron sounds like you have a handle on it this time. hopefully you can take Offshore to the next level.
    you sbi-lovers crack me up? hea german-guy you did nothing but bash sbi last year when you came to opa's awards dinner, but as soon as sbi said it had TV you jumped ship. you've completed one race????

xtreme, all i gotta say is i heard alot about the TV deal and it seems that its done nothing for your boat count. so something still must be keeping the racers away from running with you guys?