1. Collapse Details
    >---CALCASIEU BOAT CLUB POKER RUN - Aug 8, 2009 - Lake Charles, La
    This years poker run is August 8th. Attached are the papers you need for the Poker Run. They have contact info, fees, etc.

The stops were not listed yet but I'm sure we'll get them before too long. Registration is from 900am to 1100am but the papers don't list where, but I'm sure it's at the usual place at the 210 Loop Calcasieu boat club facility.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Calcasieu Poker Run docs 2009.pdf  

2. Collapse Details

We'll be there with a boat full. Bringing the 'toon

3. Collapse Details
    Stops for the August 8th Poker Run
    Anybody have the stops listed for the poker run? They weren't listed with the poker run forms.
    Last edited by CAPM KURT; 08-01-2009 at 03:26 PM.

4. Collapse Details

I'll talk to Eddie, will post when I get the list.

5. Collapse Details

Stops look like Bow Tie Marina, Bennigans (or whatever its called now), and the other stops will be at different club members houses. One up the West Fork. Trying to get more details, will post them when I get them.

6. Collapse Details
    Poker run stops
    From one of the Cal Boat Club members on Monday I got the stops as:

Margaritaville(up the East Fork 3-4 miles past the 171 bridge)

Tommy Coyne's on the West Fork(GPS coor N30 16.565, W093 13.904). Don't hold me to these but I saved it last time I went by there on the river.

The Landing(restaurant) on the Contraband Bayou(old Bennigans). I called Inn on the Bayou hotel next door and they are NOT participating in the stop though)

Bowtie Marina
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Kind of confusing though. I was told there where no particular times to go to these places, but that's not good for the people running the stops. I called Tommy Coyne and he said he has a time and his stop is from 11-1pm. So I suppose it would be best to go(as usual) and go to Margaritaville first, then Tommy's, then Bowtie, then The Landing, then back to the Boat Club. Maybe by Saturday, they will have times listed on the papers.

I talked to the manager of The Landing on the bayou and he was thinking of maybe planning something simple like finger foods that would be quick and easy to take back to the boat during the poker run if needed. But he's not sure if he is going to do that as he has not received much information as far as what he is to expect on the run or times yet. So I guess we'll be patient with em on this poker run stop. I give em credit for joining in.
    Last edited by CAPM KURT; 08-03-2009 at 08:19 PM.

7. Collapse Details
    The Landing(restaurant)
    I found some info on "The Landing" on Facebook. Looks like it has really good food from all the comments on facebook. Some items really nice. Especially these two items: Especially the crabmeat!!

Contraband Cakes
    creamy blend of freshly chopped peppers, onions, and special spices with your choice of crab, shrimp, or crawfish all served with lemon dill sauce

Crab Fondue
    fresh lump crab meat baked in a creamy sauce served with toasted rye bread for dipping

I'm going to give em a try.

You can see more reviews and info on
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lake-C...d/112716926575

8. Collapse Details

Any word on where the Bikini Contest will be?

9. Collapse Details

I didn't ask.... anybody else know?

10. Collapse Details

I'd guess at Tommy Coyne's. Probably won't do it at the first stop and they try not to do it at public places.

11. Collapse Details

I talked to Tommy on Monday and he didn't say anything about the contest. I don't know if they are having one, nobody's mentioned it. Someone is trying to see if they can get one more stop also.

12. Collapse Details

Ok, hopefully be able to get more info on Friday or Sat morning. Kurt, where can I go over there to buy a good map of the water? I'll have at least one guy on my boat that knows his way around but would like to something to familerize myself with everything on Friday night.

13. Collapse Details

John,
    That's a heck of a good question - never seen one, but never looked cause us locals know our way around. Try one of these two places. Ship To Shore at 4313 Lake St. 337-474-0730 open til 500 or 530pm on Friday, or West Marine1702 West Prien Lake Road 337-479-8077 open till 6pm on Fri. It's near O'Charlie's restaurant near Lauberge. Ask if they have any useful plan view maps of the rivers, etc. Usually, the poker run people will have somewhat of a map, but it's ususally simplified. If not, 1) you can follow the boats and ask along the way for directions, or 2) call me for directions, 3) I've got waypoints of all the places except one(Margaritaville) the first stop, but I can get you almost there but another waypoint also. These won't show you how to navigate the rivers but ours aren't that complicated and these waypoints should help get you there.

Glad yall are comin. It shouldn't be much of a problem findin your way.
    Last edited by CAPM KURT; 08-05-2009 at 11:28 PM.

14. Collapse Details
    Lauberge bikini contest
    Hey John, apparently your not comin into town to the bikini contest at Lauberge tommorrow night. Is your wife's friend that won it last year going to be there??

I believe it was Shantel or something like that. Dammmmmmmmn is all I got to say. Hey, she got my vote last year!!! Put a picture of her up here. I think you have to be a paid member to do that though. send it to me by email and I'll put it up.

15. Collapse Details

No GPS on the barge so the waypoints won't do me much good. One of the guys riding with us is from over there, says he can handle the navagation. We'll probably be skipping the margaritaville stop and going straight to the West Fork since I'll be cruising at 18 - 20 mph.

Chantel isn't doing the Bikini contest this year but she did have a photo shoot for the Lauberge calander this past week. Don't have to be a paid member to post pics here but I'd need to make sure she's cool with it first.

16. Collapse Details

Got the truck and the barge loaded, about to pull out and head west. See y'all tomorrow. Putting in by the boat club about 9:00 or 9:15.