Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by NJgr8ful View Post
    I wish he would, I'm getting kinda tired of the whole thing, answering questions and dealing with people RE: the condition.

Believe it or not, there is another side to why it's in the condition it's today ... and it is not a pleasant one and not his fault either. People see what they see and assume things, so there is no sense explaining cuz as I said earlier ... It is what it is.

I think people understand that. My father and I spent about 15 years hand building his dream, a 42' x 24' trimaran that he was going to load his family on and sail around the world. The boat got 98% finished, basically only needed to be rigged. I moved to California, and one by one my Dad put my brother and 3 sisters thru college. His dream never got finished, it sat in the side yard. uncountable dollars in wood, epoxy and fiberglass and untold manhours of labor began to succumb to the elements. When I moved back a couple years ago, all those dreams where worth 5 days with a sawzall and the expense of a roll-off to haul the rotted dreams away. Sentiment put a tear in my fathers eye, and as hole in my soul seeing that. but it is not a marketable commodity.
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

2. Collapse Details

Banned
    Here's my old 28 after it was redone..the new owner did it
    1976 Bi centennial color scheme originally....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails m_a241af8f808127f8b56b2781507d6f1c.jpg  

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dollabill View Post
    Steve post the pic of Don A jumping in to drive the boat in Pt Pleasant. Very cool shot
    Here you go!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Aronow2.jpg   Aronow.jpg   LUCKY STRIKE.JPG  

4. Collapse Details

Isnt there a pic of you hauling it behind a station wagon, or a cadilac or something too??

5. Collapse Details
    Exclamation
    Quote Originally Posted by Trim'd Up View Post
    I thought it was up over $1000 and now it is back to $787 or something. What is going on there?
    deamon whoever cancelled his $1500 bid cuz he said he "could not contact seller" uh yeah right here I am 732-300-5222 Chris (same message I sent to him via eBay)

6. Collapse Details
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by insanity View Post
    Sounds like it would be an interesting story. That's what this place is all about, so spill the beans!
    Insanity - Owner Louie or 'Big' Lou is a man who gets his nickname from weight lifting and conditioning that would impress most folks (though I think the 'big' comes from size of his heart and compassion for friends and family). I think it would be a smart move for me to first ask him if he'd like his story shared We'll see.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    I think people understand that. My father and I spent about 15 years hand building his dream, a 42' x 24' trimaran that he was going to load his family on and sail around the world. The boat got 98% finished, basically only needed to be rigged. I moved to California, and one by one my Dad put my brother and 3 sisters thru college. His dream never got finished, it sat in the side yard. uncountable dollars in wood, epoxy and fiberglass and untold manhours of labor began to succumb to the elements. When I moved back a couple years ago, all those dreams where worth 5 days with a sawzall and the expense of a roll-off to haul the rotted dreams away. Sentiment put a tear in my fathers eye, and as hole in my soul seeing that. but it is not a marketable commodity.
    Yes phragle there are usually 3 sides to every story.

That is sad your dad (has)never got to live that dream(yet) Is he still alive to possibly experience something along those lines? Obviously no way to get back 15 yrs and may not be able to load the whole family on board a sailboat, but maybe something close?!

And the fact he put that dream aside for education costs def hits home with me as I, just today, opened my oldest daughter's sophomore college bill of $11,000 per semester her last year at Marist cost about $18K per semester, but she transferred to Rowan for this year So with her and another daughter behind her I can relate with those concerns, although I detect you might not have a pleasant taste from all your sisters and brother getting put thru college ... parents have to provide. Do you have any kids??

Boy this thread has officially derailed!!!

8. Collapse Details

I do like a project, and I am damn near done with the other boat. This one would definitely keep me busy for a while. I just wish it wasn't all the way in Jersey.

9. Collapse Details

Anyone who wants to buy this and restore it. I can tell you what not to do.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    .... I can tell you what not to do.
    You mean like "don't buy that f'ing thing. No matter what, don't buy that f'ing thing" ?

11. Collapse Details

Pretty much. With the amount of $$ ive dumped into this round of rerigging alone, I could have bought CRT's old flat deck.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Pretty much. With the amount of $$ ive dumped into this round of rerigging alone, I could have bought CRT's old flat deck.
    Thats how it always goes bro...................

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rchevelle71 View Post
    Isnt there a pic of you hauling it behind a station wagon, or a cadilac or something too??
    Here ya go Rick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scan10209.JPG  

14. Collapse Details

I remember the boat and the eldo being featured in one of the magazines- a gazillion years ago. I always thought that was a cool rig.

Tony, are you restoring a matching Eldo convertible? How cool would that look on A1A buzzing over 7 Mile?

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lucky strike View Post
    Here ya go Rick
    Again
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BARON3.jpg  

16. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I remember the boat and the eldo being featured in one of the magazines- a gazillion years ago. I always thought that was a cool rig.

Tony, are you restoring a matching Eldo convertible? How cool would that look on A1A buzzing over 7 Mile?
    I agree the Eldo rag top and the Cig was cool.
    Both the boat and the tow rig would be getting the same mileage

17. Collapse Details

Registered
    -----This may have been asked (many times), but does the Baron still exist??? I spent many hours off Cape Cod on a red Baron called "No Alibi" back in the late 60s early 70s. Very good memories. Also, once towed an 18 foot DONZI behind my 67 Vette from Ft.Lauderdale to the Cape. A Caddy would have been better, but I made it!!!..........Bill S

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by olredalert View Post
    -----This may have been asked (many times), but does the Baron still exist???

Good question Bill..They only made 11 of them. Mine originally had 6 cyl Mercs.
    When I bought it from a friend he had put 440 Olds engines in it.
    I sold it to a guy in Conn. in 1976.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BARON2.jpg   BARON.jpg  

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lucky strike View Post
    Here ya go Rick
    I knew I had seen that, I remember the days of towing boats with the Family car(not me, but dad), probably couldnt tow a jetski with todays caddy's(other than the escalade) Nice mustang in that pic tooDidnt notice it before, but now I kinda have a thing for stangs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mus6.jpg  

20. Collapse Details

boat got pulled from ebay.....did he sell it local or was he not getting what he wanted for it??
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership