Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by PARADOX View Post
    Worse part. No. 3 cyl actually missing a small chunk at the side and I can see the ring. Walls are good but the cyl. is shot. To replace the cyl. I have to take the engine out, and once I do that, I'm not putting this anchor back in.
    Anyone have a spare 454 Mag or 350 Mag laying around?
    Time for a drink.. but I quit drinking and THAT'S THE WORSE PART.!!!
    Good plan and a used 350 mag is on the "cheaper" side! You can even get a reman long-block pretty cheap. If you can get a complete engine for the right price that's best in my opinion.

When you put a new engine in be sure to do a thorough diagnosis of the fuel system ahead of the new engine. The piece missing from the piston and the head gasket is from lean/detonation.

Sorry for your loss...

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by PARADOX View Post
    Yes it does, but I wouldn't mind taking the one good small block out and put it into the Infinity. Take the 454 from the Infinity buy a used 454 and put both into the Formula.. Just a thought, or just try to replace the f'up up small block. I don't think this troubled small block is worth fixing. Now it comes down to mathamatics and practicality.

If you're anything like me you'll have yourself talked into a blown 572 and a six drive by the weekend.

3. Collapse Details

There is a set of 496's in the classifieds. I'm just saying...

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    If you're anything like me you'll have yourself talked into a blown 572 and a six drive by the weekend.
    But then he'd run in circles with the smallblock on the other side......
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!