Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw25 View Post
    Here is ours...
    That is a good looking boat!

Chris, I would have to sell mine first before I can even think about something else. Unless you in a giving mood!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by danh63 View Post
    That is a good looking boat!

Chris, I would have to sell mine first before I can even think about something else. Unless you in a giving mood!
    Thanks.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by YankeY View Post
    Here's one of my old '04 Baja
    Jannell looks good up there

4. Collapse Details

Oldie but goodie. My 89 sport.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bajarun3o8.jpg   bajarun08.jpg   chainbajarun.jpg  

5. Collapse Details

my old 2000 33
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0013.JPG   100_0080.JPG   100_0011.JPG  

6. Collapse Details

Here is my first five years of Baja models that I had owned! The 260 was pretty much built by me on my own time at Baja, but it burnt to the ground in storage March 29th 1990.

XT
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1st_174_Islander.jpg   2nd_Baja_Sport226.jpg   3rd_Baja_260.jpg  

7. Collapse Details

Here are the models that I had from 1991 to 2008. I went all last summer without a boat, but I need to get something for this summer if gas prices stay where they are!

XT
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4th_Baja_240.jpg   5th_290_ES.jpg   Poke 4.jpeg  

8. Collapse Details

I remember seeing your 29 OL for sell I even talked to you about a possible trade but I couldn't come up with the difference. I had a 1995 Baja 236 at the time. Now I have a 2005 Boss 275.

9. Collapse Details

XT, I had a 90 226. Same colors & all. I had a HP 465 in it. Pipes came out over the swim platform.
    I'll try to find some pictures.
    Oh, March 29 is my birthday. I'll think of your boat burning to the ground from now on.

10. Collapse Details

My 89' 226 had the carbed 454 Mag, and so did my 90' 260. If you look I had ALL stainless steel bow rails, hinges, cleats, and fittings powdercoated black on the all red 226. The only item of color was the sun logo, and I also deleted the rear sunpad side rials that I did not like. My later 240 only had a 7.4L in it, due to the 91' Golf War!

XT

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tstuck View Post
    I remember seeing your 29 OL for sell I even talked to you about a possible trade but I couldn't come up with the difference. I had a 1995 Baja 236 at the time. Now I have a 2005 Boss 275.
    I bet you like the 275 much better? The 29ol I had went to live in Green Bay Wis.

I think that I still have photos of the 236?

XT

12. Collapse Details

I liked our 236 but yes I like the 275 even beeter. The one thing I wish the 275 has is the port hole windows like the 236 did. That's why I like your 29 outlaw because my kids like hanging out in the cabin and they would either look out hte port hole or open the deck hatches and were happy. I know one of the first times my wife sat in the bolster she said we should have upgraded a long time ago. I guess she didn't like sitting up front in the 236. Here what our 236 looked like and now it's in NY somewhere.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails boating.jpg  

13. Collapse Details

Tstuck,

I have cut port windows in the following models:

Baja 240
    Baja 260
    Baja 25 Outlaw
    Baja 29 Outlaw
    And yes a Baja 275, for a guy that had a Baja 260 and wanted port windows again.

Cost is about $60.00 a window, and would take about 3 hours to do?

XT

14. Collapse Details

XT do you have any pictures of the 275 that you put the window in inside and outside if posible? How well do they seal? The reason I ask is I was told that port windows leak when it's rough so that's why they stopped putting them in. I don't believe it but maybe it's true. Where I boat it's an inland lake but would like to do Michigan and Erie but if it's that rough i don't think I would be out to beging with.

My avatar is the boat we have now.

15. Collapse Details

I'm here now
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails don 135.jpg  

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tstuck View Post
    XT do you have any pictures of the 275 that you put the window in inside and outside if posible? How well do they seal? The reason I ask is I was told that port windows leak when it's rough so that's why they stopped putting them in. I don't believe it but maybe it's true. Where I boat it's an inland lake but would like to do Michigan and Erie but if it's that rough i don't think I would be out to beging with.

My avatar is the boat we have now.
    I think that Brunswick has the photos now, but I will look. The ITC style windows like the ones in your 236 seal very well, and I never had any issues with leaks on my boats. The only ones that EVER leaked were installed without enough sylicone. I did many poker runs with my 29ol where the "million dollar" boats turned back to the docks, and we stayed out in the rough......never any leaks!

Now I have seen the larger style windows like the ones in our 405's have issues, but again the installation was poor. Baja stopped installing them more for styling, and production consistancy issues, than anything else on the performance models.

The ONLY issue that I see on your boat is the graphics. The windows would have to be centered on the white stripe, to look correct with your paint job. Do a weekend trip to the Lake Erie islands this summer, and we will get you some windows.

I aplogize to everyone for getting "Off Topic"

XT

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by XT-Innovator View Post
    Here is my first five years of Baja models that I had owned! The 260 was pretty much built by me on my own time at Baja, but it burnt to the ground in storage March 29th 1990.

XT
    So how long did it take to build your own boat just out of curiosity? Did you have to pay for the materials or did they 'fall off the truck'?

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by insanity View Post
    So how long did it take to build your own boat just out of curiosity? Did you have to pay for the materials or did they 'fall off the truck'?
    It was probably one of the first 5 that were built, and Sales had not even completed the final pricing yet. Since I was employed by a private company at the time, the standard discount was Dealer pricing to us. It cost me about $25,000.00 for a boat valued around $35,000.00 at that time. I spent about 5 weeks on a boat that went down the production line in a week, after lamination.

XT

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Idea Baja View Post
    XT, I had a 90 226. Same colors & all. I had a HP 465 in it. Pipes came out over the swim platform.
    I'll try to find some pictures.
    Oh, March 29 is my birthday. I'll think of your boat burning to the ground from now on.

I still think that 226 is a sharp boat after all these years!

Dad lost his boat in that same fire. From what I recall, only the engine blocks were left in the ash.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by XT-Innovator View Post
    It was probably one of the first 5 that were built, and Sales had not even completed the final pricing yet. Since I was employed by a private company at the time, the standard discount was Dealer pricing to us. It cost me about $25,000.00 for a boat valued around $35,000.00 at that time. I spent about 5 weeks on a boat that went down the production line in a week, after lamination.

XT
    Now what are you going to do for a boat? No insider deals now. You going to be in a C----M---? Summer is getting close.