Thread: 28 Donzi window

1. Collapse Details
    28 Donzi window
    A customer broke the windshield on his 2005 28ZX. Does anyone know who makes these, so I can order the half he needs? Thanks, Alex

2. Collapse Details

taylor made used to be a big player in boating windshields.
    Parabellum FJ²B

3. Collapse Details

http://www.usamarinewindows.com

Try these guys also.
    I was having a helluva time finding weatherstrip for the windshield for my '80 Pantera, and they had it on the shelf. Service was great!
    They are actually the original manufacturer for Pantera, maybe Donzi uses them too.
    You might have to do some digging on the website, but they have all kinds of stuff for all applications.
    Good Luck!
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

4. Collapse Details

Ya taylor is still big but I don't know if they do lexan or whatever this stuff is.. Thanks for the replies, I'll check it out..

5. Collapse Details

The windscreen is NLA from Donzi & the oem vendor that made it has gone out of business recently.. I hope my suggestions earlier today when we were on the phone were of help to you.. Jamie / Lakeside

6. Collapse Details

Hi, looking for a 28zx or 26zx windscreen (windshield). I bought a stolen recovered 28zx 2002 and windscreen is missing. I think that the original Donzi direct windscreen is way too expensive at 3000$ and found out upd plastics in FL that can make it for 700$. Only problem is that they want the old one but I don't have it. They don't have the mold. Is there anybody out there that have an old, damaged windscreen or living near UPD Plastics in Davie FL? Thanks, Dan

7. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You need to get ahold of the Donzi guys. Madpoodle on here and Buzilla on here. If there is anything available, they should know about it. PM or email them.

And welcome to the site.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

8. Collapse Details

We make the 35/38ZR Windshield, the 26/27ZR and the 32/35/38ZF. Also the 22 classic.

9. Collapse Details

Hi,still looking for a 28zx or 26zx windscreen (windshield). I bought a stolen recovered 28zx 2002 and windscreen is missing. I think that the original Donzi direct windscreen is way too expensive at 3000$ and found out upd plastics in FL that can make it for 700$. Only problem is that they want the old one but I don't have it. They don't have the mold. Is there anybody out there that have an old, damaged windscreen or living near UPD Plastics in Davie FL? Thanks, Dan

10. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Did you get ahold of Madpoodle or Buzilla?

11. Collapse Details

Hi, sorry for my ignorance but what is Madpoodle or Buzilla?
    Thanks, Dan

12. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Members. Just do a member search and send them a PM. If you can't get it, and still need the window, I can shoot them an email to check this thread.

13. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    I sent them emails. Hopefully they can help you out.

14. Collapse Details

fly > try contacting Josh at >> www.donzidirect.com

he would know what is and what is not available

not sure where you are located............
    does Santa's sleigh have a blower ?

15. Collapse Details

I would have to echo donzidirect since you do not have one for a template. AIR, there is a forward facinglip on that one? If so it is a difficult one to make anyway, the fabricators I know down here can't do them, not even UPD as of the last time I checked them. Possibly why it is so pricey at Ddirect?

16. Collapse Details

Hi,i'm still looking for my windscreen. I talked to a guy in UPD plastics and he told me he was able to make one but he need a template. They are already able to make the 22zx windscreen witch is very curvy like mine. If anyone living near can pass by UPD to let them get measurements, I'd be very please to pay for the service. As I stated before, I'm not willing to spend 3000$ on a windscreen.

17. Collapse Details

I can see not wanting to put a factory original, proper windscreen on a boat that was stolen/recovered/auctioned/whatever and not worth full value.

But in the context of offshore boating, and knowing from experience that a $30,000 28-foot boat will cost you $100,000 minimum over it's life, $3,000 doesn't seem like a crazy number if I wanted my boat right. Especially if I intended to keep it and knowingly bought it sans windscreen.

This came up on the list of new posts, so I read it and had that thought. But I don't mean to hijack the thread. The decision is yours alone, and I wish you luck with your strategy. I hate those people who just like to spend other people's money, so please know that this is not what that is.

18. Collapse Details

Hi, I'm now looking for a picture of the curve of the windscreen at center. Is anybody that own a 26zx or a 28zx willing to help me with this? I need to see a profile close up of the curve and the distance between the highest and lowest point of the curve. A ruler can be use in background. I'm willing to pay for the service. After that, i'll be able to reproduce this windscreen, if anybody needs one.
    Thanks

19. Collapse Details

If I was selling one, and somebody saw my classified and called me and explained that they are just looking for a reference pic so they can fix their boat I don't think I would mind helping another owner if my boat was accessible. Especially if they owned the same boat and could help get the word out about mine.

That's totally different than getting annoying calls from people pretending they are serious buyers.

Just an idea. Sounds like you are pretty close to getting this done.

20. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    We're looking!!