Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Yellow pages and go back to sitting on the couch thinking about boating...

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wobble View Post
    did it have these tires? how did they work out, I am thinking of trying some different tires for better traction
    We started out with the standard turf tires which suck for anything but perfectly flat ground. Later we switched to a similar tire to the one you posted it was more of a straight deep lug tractor type tread. Only problem is in the spring when you mow on soft ground the lugs badly print the sod and later in the year as the ground hardens and your mowing at full speed your teeth are getting chattered out of your head.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    I gave up grass too.....well, except for medicinal purposes.....
    LIar! and Bobcat glaucoma has no symptoms better do your research before you see your optoimetrist

4. Collapse Details

My brother just did a ton of research on this (appearantly there are landscape forums?), and got a Bad Boy Mower. They're basically commercial grade but not the full on commercial pricing. His is built like a brick ****-house, pretty nice. Runs pretty fast too.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by RLJ676 View Post
    My brother just did a ton of research on this (appearantly there are landscape forums?), and got a Bad Boy Mower. They're basically commercial grade but not the full on commercial pricing. His is built like a brick ****-house, pretty nice. Runs pretty fast too.

http://www.lawnsite.com/ One of the better sites out there.

6. Collapse Details

I bought a Kubota diesel 60 inch last month and went from 2 1/2 hours with a New Holland 1620 with 60 inch deck to 1 hour with the zero turn doing 3 acres.

7. Collapse Details

Tony, your going about this all wrong... buy a goat...sit on the porch, drink beer and watch it mow.
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    you are a better man than me! plus I went over a slight incline and mowed the grass down to dirt, it was nice around the trees though
    Get a beer helmet...

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by RLJ676 View Post
    My father is looking into purchasing a second zero turn. He loves his grasshopper due to the fact the deck is out in front (you can get it under large pines, etc. and not get into the branches), but is open to other brands.

He was looking into X-Mark until he heard about Bad Boy Mowers....thus far is yet to hear anything negative about them. I would really appreciate the input if anyone else has experience as he is about to pull the trigger

Tony, if you are interested TSC just north of Delaware on rt 23 sells them.

10. Collapse Details

Registered
    I heve used a 60 inch FERRIS for bunch of years . Does a great job.
    Welded up a 6 inch tube unit to attach to a leaf vaccuum for the fall leaves.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0815.jpg   IMG_0827.jpg   untitled.bmp  

11. Collapse Details

Registered
    Detaches in a minute.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0819.jpg  

12. Collapse Details

Banana Bend, Texas 29 50 49.84N, 95 05 17.46W
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua-Holic View Post
    My father is looking into purchasing a second zero turn. He loves his grasshopper due to the fact the deck is out in front (you can get it under large pines, etc. and not get into the branches), but is open to other brands.

He was looking into X-Mark until he heard about Bad Boy Mowers....thus far is yet to hear anything negative about them. I would really appreciate the input if anyone else has experience as he is about to pull the trigger

Tony, if you are interested TSC just north of Delaware on rt 23 sells them.
    Two of my friends have medium sized Bad Boy mowers and are very happy with them, I looked at them and at Dixie Chopper as that is what the City of Houston mostly uses.

The dealer was the deal breaker on both of those. Didn't have a diesel version to even look at and couldn't tell me when they would.

Ended up driving 80 miles to see they same guy I bought my tractor from at Beaumont Tractor and got a smoking deal. One of the gauges fogged up after a few weeks, he offered to come change it at my house. I said that wasn't necessary so he mailed it to me.
    Mark
    Everybody should believe in something; I believe I'll have another drink.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    How long to do the 10 1/2?
    I did 6 acres Friday in less than 3 hours. There are a lot of mature Oaks on this lot so it slows you somewhat. The other four acres are cleared and go a lot faster
    Mark

14. Collapse Details

I bought one of the first diesel Kubota's ZD21. Great mower...shaft driven mower deck. Hydraulic lift for the deck as well, plus the deck is a solid unit, I mow a lot of dirt at times and it still looks like new. Great mower. Mine is the 60" cut.
    Umm beer drinking..thats not hard..two sticks close together, one hand...plus the Kubota's stay pretty much where you put them, thought it was weird at first, but now i like that feature a lot..

15. Collapse Details

Thanks for all the input. Hopefully we'll be getting something soon. I'm tired of towing Tony out of the front lawn back to the barn every time he mows and I think he's finally tired of yelling at it and working on it. He left it in the turn around this time to "learn it's lesson". So far I don't think it's working
    I saw a boat once!

16. Collapse Details

buddy just got an EX, only used it 2x now but loves it!!

17. Collapse Details

I am a dealer for Gravely, Toro, Dixie Chopper, and Walker. They are all good mowers and to a certain extent, they each have their niches. In our area, all the municipalities were running Toro but now with the availability for Grants for going green, some are switching to the propane Dixie Choppers. They all are running the same pumps and wheel motors. The new Toro G3's do not have any hydraulic hoses to fail and are running a lower center of gravity to hold the terrain but they don't come cheap. Dixie may be the fastest, but you can only mow so fast with anybody's machine. Walker has the best cut (my St Augustine gets cut with a Walker) but they are expensive and there are not alot of dealers. Gravely is a good all around mower and is built like a tank. The most important part of your decision is having a good dealer to work with you in making the right decision for what your needs are and his relationship with his suppliers. There are also different levels of support in different markets. Sounds crazy but it is true!

18. Collapse Details

I realized after this thread that I didn't have a single picture of my new mower. There was a time when I would shoot a roll of film for any new powered purchase, how things change. 12K on a diesel mower and nothing, so I got these pictures last Saturday when I was mowing the neighborhood boat ramp.

You can see where I might need some more traction
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1020136a.JPG   P1020140a.JPG  
    Mark

19. Collapse Details

I mow an 1.5 acres in 25 minutes. I bought a Ferris with a 72" deck, 4 wheel Independant suspension, 34 H.P. Cat Diesel Power. I GPS 15 MPH on the straight runs. Get R done, Doug
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_1082%20%28Medium%29.jpg