1. Collapse Details
    Lake Travis--Carlos and Charlies Poker Run
    We are thinking of coming to the LTPA Carlos and Charlies poker run in July. What ramps do you think will be open to launch our boats? 42'Fountains? I think we are staying at Lakeway. I know I launched my smaller 32' there a couple of years ago when the water was very low, but I don't know if you can get a 42 in there. We had a hard time with the 32. I am pretty sure Mansfield will still work. Any others?

2. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Mansfield Dam is down to 2 lanes............get there early
    Boat-less...

3. Collapse Details

Lake Travis has about 12 public ramps. 11 of them are closed, and the one open ramp (Mansfield Dam Park) is down from 4 lanes to 2!

Get there early!
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by clayinaustin View Post
    Lake Travis has about 12 public ramps. 11 of them are closed, and the one open ramp (Mansfield Dam Park) is down from 4 lanes to 2!

Get there early!

I think we are going to skip it this year. Too many hassles trying to get the boats launched. One of our buddies just got back from Travis and did mucho damage to his outdrives and props. Not sure what he hit but it was expensive.

5. Collapse Details

Whatever happened? Have any pictures. About the end of July into August the water was low Parks and Wildlife put some rocks at the end of the ramp. My trailer backed onto them but I was pretty nervous if it was going to drop off soon. I kept the truck on the pavement. I am glad the water is back up now, that was the pits.

Quote Originally Posted by gerritm View Post
    I think we are going to skip it this year. Too many hassles trying to get the boats launched. One of our buddies just got back from Travis and did mucho damage to his outdrives and props. Not sure what he hit but it was expensive.

6. Collapse Details

Registered
    All the ramps should be open and the lake is still coming up. Its going to be a great year to be on the water.

7. Collapse Details

You could put this in the 2010 thread I started. This one is old.

Quote Originally Posted by bwammack02 View Post
    All the ramps should be open and the lake is still coming up. Its going to be a great year to be on the water.