Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Starting to come together! Looks great!

2. Collapse Details

Pretty cool, reminds me of an old Jalopy dirt car. Syracuse Mile, here you come!

3. Collapse Details

When I saw your last picture this is what I thought of. Bugatti type 57. May give you some ideas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1936_Bugatti_Type57SCAtlantic3.jpg  

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Audiofn View Post
    When I saw your last picture this is what I thought of. Bugatti type 57. May give you some ideas.
    Yeah, that's the ticket!! Let's cut up a Bugatti!!!:smilielol5:

5. Collapse Details

I think Im going to go the Rat Rod route with my 69 chevelle on a 1999 Winston Cup chassis....In the end it will look like the Nova in the pics, right on the ground with the tires all hanging out except with a flat black rattle can paint job, chrome wheels and at least 500 sbc hp.......it will start out as a track day car but I eventually want to make it street legal with bare minimum lights and wipers and such
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01483.JPG   DSC01610.JPG   members_sp_tbuxton_nova_sm.jpg  

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by pullmytrigger View Post
    I think Im going to go the Rat Rod route with my 69 chevelle on a 1999 Winston Cup chassis....In the end it will look like the Nova in the pics, right on the ground with the tires all hanging out except with a flat black rattle can paint job, chrome wheels and at least 500 sbc hp.......it will start out as a track day car but I eventually want to make it street legal with bare minimum lights and wipers and such
    Do you know the history of the cup car?
    Taking Over the World One Thread at a Time
    The Penguin Cometh

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Roger 1 View Post
    Yeah, that's the ticket!! Let's cut up a Bugatti!!!:smilielol5:
    I worked at the place that restored that car.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Davidmnc View Post
    Do you know the history of the cup car?
    I went to Mooresville NC and bought it off an ARCA team situated about a mile down the road from DEI.....1999 is Pre Cup serial numbers so its really difficult to trace its Cup history with any absolute certainty.....however you can easily see the car was once bright red and its a Hutch Pagan car......DEI used Hutch Pagans so Im saying its an ex Dale Jr car!!!......thats my story and Im stickin' to it!!!!

seriously the team (guy) I bought it off had 28, yes 28! race cars at his shop (I counted them).....I believe him when he says he doesnt remember too much about the history of my particular car....

didnt mean to hi jack your thread.....my apologies

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Audiofn View Post
    I worked at the place that restored that car.
    Cool! Classy looking car.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by pullmytrigger View Post
    I went to Mooresville NC and bought it off an ARCA team situated about a mile down the road from DEI.....1999 is Pre Cup serial numbers so its really difficult to trace its Cup history with any absolute certainty.....however you can easily see the car was once bright red and its a Hutch Pagan car......DEI used Hutch Pagans so Im saying its an ex Dale Jr car!!!......thats my story and Im stickin' to it!!!!

seriously the team (guy) I bought it off had 28, yes 28! race cars at his shop (I counted them).....I believe him when he says he doesnt remember too much about the history of my particular car....

didnt mean to hi jack your thread.....my apologies
    Nice. I remember seeing that back on the other site... With the amount of cars cup teams have, I think that it is going to be the exceptionally rare stock car that has any provable history that makes it worth a sh!t... It's not like it's one of four Ferrari 312 GP cars from 1981...

This is a great idea and looks like a great project. Is it a big spring car or a coilover car? I'd like to do something similar with an old Riggins coil over GT1 chassis but use a glass body instead of steel... Or use one of those Chinese Camaro bodies.

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

11. Collapse Details

Looks like a big spring car in the blown up pic huh?

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    Nice. I remember seeing that back on the other site... With the amount of cars cup teams have, I think that it is going to be the exceptionally rare stock car that has any provable history that makes it worth a sh!t... It's not like it's one of four Ferrari 312 GP cars from 1981...

This is a great idea and looks like a great project. Is it a big spring car or a coilover car? I'd like to do something similar with an old Riggins coil over GT1 chassis but use a glass body instead of steel... Or use one of those Chinese Camaro bodies.
    Actually if the car was a couple of years newer and had a Nascar serial number pounded into it, it would be very easy to tell the history through Nascar.....Nascar started doing that to keep track of cars that had trouble making it through inspection.....its like "Oh this thing......says here we nailed this car at Charlotte last fall for a too low left rear quarter panel height and a non approved air box..... we'll hafta' double check that today....." they started out with serial numbers pounded in, today they have bar codes...... I think SCCA has the similar "log book".

its a big spring small bar car as opposed to a big bar small spring car that they use today although you can buy a kit from any of the chassis builders to convert the car to a bbss set up if you want.....Cup cars,all Busch,Craftsman Truck, ARCA, Hooters Cup have never been coil over cars front or rear like a typical Late Model like a Port City or a Howe......they are the classic Nascar set up with conventional springs and A arms up front and those 4 ft long truck arms out back again with conventional springs .....

I looked at some old Trans Am cars and I found that #1 they were pretty expensive #2 the entire passenger side of the car was filled with headers and exhaust and there was sort of a cocoon around the driver, not easy to make a spot for a passenger and an exhaust system under the car.....the later ones have a ton of carbon fiber so if you crash it the tub shatters and the car is junk.....the cup car still has a conventional floor pan and firewall with exhaust under the car and to make a spot for a passenger you cut a few of the bars out and put in a seat......here's some shots of the Wilwood GT6000 front brakes and front suspension....36mm thick rotors.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01857.JPG   DSC01859.JPG   DSC01956.JPG  

Last edited by pullmytrigger; 09-02-2009 at 10:42 PM.

13. Collapse Details

hows this for an exhaust system! (came with the car) and a couple of shots from around the shop
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Race Car Road Trip 074.jpg   Race Car Road Trip 006.jpg   Race Car Road Trip 012.jpg  

14. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmic12 View Post
    Got some new parts this weekend.
    The hood - 1937 Buick
    The grill and grill shell 1938 Lasalle
    Its just kinda sitting there but you get the Idea.
    Now I just need to make it all fit.
    that cool , keep the pic,c comming... i,m in the middle of a 65 chevelle ss 4 speed car and starting on a 49 2 dr hudson this winter, (rat rod)

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    that cool , keep the pic,c comming... i,m in the middle of a 65 chevelle ss 4 speed car and starting on a 49 2 dr hudson this winter, (rat rod)
    I haven't gotten much done over the last month or so, out on the road working and lost my father in law and my dad isn't doing so well.
    Needless to say its on the back burner for a while
    Post some pics of the Hudson that should be a very cool ride, I have always wanted to do a Hornet after haveing a 49 and 50 Merc chopped and in the weeds. A Hudson would have been so different and unique.

16. Collapse Details

Love rat rods!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails downsized_0911091800.jpg   downsized_0911091801.jpg  

17. Collapse Details

They are way cool,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails good guys show 004.jpg   good guys show 015.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic12 View Post
    They are way cool,
    so cool!!!

19. Collapse Details
    Looks good man. Heres my sled. 39 Cadillac Lasalle Ambulance/Hurst. This is a 3 yr. old pic. Not much has changed other than i put glass in it. It makes my super duty look like a ranger.

20. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That thig's cool. We should all take it to Key West for the World's....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!