Thread: Svl

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar 104 View Post
    Alot of money for one day of racing. Prize money??? is there any???

Mark/Jenni,

I mean no disrespect, but your trying to tell me that you guys cant find a 1000 sponsor per race, with the CBS pkg especially using the fact that you guys were the only showcased team on the OSS telecast today. Your a very marketable team. You guys not only have incredible talent but the proof is in the pudding to back it up from a marketing standpoint with todays broadcast alone. I know you are a loyal OSS team and I applaude you for that, but yes I can see it as being unmarketable with your season in the books and no further confirmed races on the schedule. Its hard to sell something that might or might not happen.

Everyone has their opinions on how this deal works, but I feel us as teams need to be proactive and quit waiting for OPA, SBI, or OSS to give us handouts. I also feel that it can be as expensive as we want it to be. If I want to sit on my arse and wait for handouts then yeah, prolly will be expensive, but if I go out on my own and get a 1000 sponsor per race then that eliminates some of the expense and makes it more affordable, heck then maybe a 100 or 500 or maybe even a 1500 sponsor per race will come on board. It all adds up. Ryan is the perfect example of this. He is very proactive for Double-Edge and it minimizes his out of pocket expenses.

Trent
    www.tntoffshore.com

"El Racing boat es una pasion que se lleva en la sangre"

2. Collapse Details

Also I found some paperwork(from SBI) from January and it shows SVL as being 1275 entry during the 2008 season.
    www.tntoffshore.com

"El Racing boat es una pasion que se lleva en la sangre"

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    If someone has an SVL that they want or need someone to run with I will dig out my helmet and lifeline!!!!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing View Post
    Bruce are you sure that entry fee is correct? I remember when I was in F1 it was the same entry @ 1075. Obviously a few years has gone by, but I dont think its 1675. I might be wrong of course, just curious

Trent
    I could be wrong. It doesn't say in the racer's packet. Every other class, with the exception of SS, was 1675. i assumed Vee lite was as well. SS is 1075, so may be you are right.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Stinson View Post
    If someone has an SVL that they want or need someone to run with I will dig out my helmet and lifeline!!!!!
    Dont think you'll be needing the lifeline. Unless its a capsule suit

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SVL66 View Post
    Dont think you'll be needing the lifeline. Unless its a capsule suit
    You know what I mean, bro!!!

7. Collapse Details

Competitor
    The epuipment fee will be pro rated for any class.

8. Collapse Details
    Guys/Girls
    Charter Member / Competitor
    I think this is race now or forever lose your class. So you can say wow that is allot of money or have a boat that's value falls to next to nothing. Entry fees are a small part of a race budget.
    Steve

9. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Steve there small if its your budget.
    MD

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miklos View Post
    I think this is race now or forever lose your class. So you can say wow that is allot of money or have a boat that's value falls to next to nothing. Entry fees are a small part of a race budget.
    Steve
    Steve

I think most are just looking for any excuse not to race!!! If I had an SVL I would race it if someone wants to somebody to race their SVL I will do that....

11. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Steve

I think most are just looking for any excuse not to race!!! If I had an SVL I would race it if someone wants to somebody to race their SVL I will do that....
    I disagree.. I do agree with Steve on the point about no class depreciates the boats though.

I hope Frank is right and there really is a prorated fee. It is a lot to pay the years fees to race Sarasota knowing you pay again in KW. Steve and others that live in Central Florida get a big break in their expenses. I notice many FL guys don't leave the state and still won't do all the races. Some of the SLV teams travel further each race than some FL guys do all year.

12. Collapse Details

Who will be running SVL in Sarasota? It is my understanding the Pirate team recently had an illness in the family. Do they plan on racing? If so, will they run SVL or P4? What is Bob M. doing?

Randy, time to keep this class alive. Get the Oss VLs to Sarasota, and Im sure Steve, Bob M, and Pirate will come to Loto. It's give and take...not just take.

13. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Bob M was talking about running the Pirate boat in SVL after Cumberland.

14. Collapse Details

Look Jimmy if they want to race they will be there if they don't they will figure out a reason not to be there!!!

15. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Jim you only pro rate equipment fews for the yr.

16. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Look Jimmy if they want to race they will be there if they don't they will figure out a reason not to be there!!!
    I'm with Jim on this one Sean. It's not the travel expense, it's the time. We are looking heavy into downsizing our fleet and getting a SVL. But to travel far takes time. With both of us in management for companies, we can afford the expense, just can't take off three or four extra days every three or so weeks to hit races in FL. Can do MI, WI, LOTO, NJ. That's about it for reasonable travel time. SVL doesn't run all those.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

17. Collapse Details

Competitor
    After Sarasota SBI goes to Mich, NY, and NC. Back to FL for the National Championship, and then KW

18. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing View Post
    Mark/Jenni,

I mean no disrespect, but your trying to tell me that you guys cant find a 1000 sponsor per race, with the CBS pkg especially using the fact that you guys were the only showcased team on the OSS telecast today. Your a very marketable team. You guys not only have incredible talent but the proof is in the pudding to back it up from a marketing standpoint with todays broadcast alone. I know you are a loyal OSS team and I applaude you for that, but yes I can see it as being unmarketable with your season in the books and no further confirmed races on the schedule. Its hard to sell something that might or might not happen.

Everyone has their opinions on how this deal works, but I feel us as teams need to be proactive and quit waiting for OPA, SBI, or OSS to give us handouts. I also feel that it can be as expensive as we want it to be. If I want to sit on my arse and wait for handouts then yeah, prolly will be expensive, but if I go out on my own and get a 1000 sponsor per race then that eliminates some of the expense and makes it more affordable, heck then maybe a 100 or 500 or maybe even a 1500 sponsor per race will come on board. It all adds up. Ryan is the perfect example of this. He is very proactive for Double-Edge and it minimizes his out of pocket expenses.

Trent
    Oh I have learned alot from Ryan on how to pay for racing. The kilo run is about the only thing making me think about racing Sarasota and that would be the only one. With all the rumers going on, yeah it does have me also sitting back and waiting.

I did whip up on a couple of Bajas this weekend so I'm still racing, but we were in differnt classes.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    I'm with Jim on this one Sean. It's not the travel expense, it's the time. We are looking heavy into downsizing our fleet and getting a SVL. But to travel far takes time. With both of us in management for companies, we can afford the expense, just can't take off three or four extra days every three or so weeks to hit races in FL. Can do MI, WI, LOTO, NJ. That's about it for reasonable travel time. SVL doesn't run all those.
    I understand your point...I am saying the ones that have them will race them if they want or come up with a reason not to!!!! In response to your time constraints I used to pick and choose where I wanted to run..... Sarasota and KW were the 2 biggest venues I wanted to be at!!!!!

20. Collapse Details

BTW how was your vacation pal haven't talked for awhile!!!!