Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    $5000 challange for charity! Hey Pyburn!
    Saw the short version of the video. Only the people on your boat and the people on my boat know what happened.

You are convinced your boat is faster. I know different.

You and I are both charitable guys. Lets do this. Next week during the Bimini challange weekend lets set up a straight run for you and I. Under the safest enviornment. Rescue people, patrol for spectors etc. We both put up $5k. Loser donates the money to the charity.

Straight shot. we discuss the distance. Flat water or ocean -your choice.
    Dead stop start or paceboat (paceboat has to be other than you or me ).

First one passes the finish is the winner. You break-you lose.

This will be fun! It will be for charity, which we know the childrens charity can use it.

Come and kick my butt under fair conditions!

2. Collapse Details

Damn! Sounds like a win-win!

3. Collapse Details

this is not the best one but it will do till the morning....
    i looked over and yall were in line with us when we all started....did Larry forget to pick up the anchor??1300hp PUMP GAS Cheifs against 1550 Sterlings.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KXpuO08PG8
    Last edited by NORTECHJ; 06-07-2009 at 09:52 PM.
    TEAMSHOCKER

4. Collapse Details

I think..in plain english, Gino just said "BRING IT!" heheheehehehe
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by NORTECHJ View Post
    this is not the best one but it will do till the morning....
    i looked over and yall were in line with us when we all started....did Larry forget to pick up the anchor??1300hp PUMP GAS Cheifs against 1550 Sterlings.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KXpuO08PG8
    Couple little controverys with your statement. I was told Bills motors have 1542 HP. Ran 93-110 mixed gas.

Before everyone gets all up tight, this run is unlike any other venue. Very wide area, Police, marine patrol and fire boats everywhere keeping spectators out of the path. It was a staggered start with the faster boats in front. Very organized, very safe.

I was told it was first to the bridge, NOT first ½ mile to the bridge, not first out front, FIRST TO THE BRIDGE.
    Now was Bill fast?
    absolutely!
    was he out front?
    again, yes.
    Did we catch him and pass him? without a doubt.

Let me start by saying Bill was out front from the begining, he was the pace boat and we were to remain behind him.
    Bill was cruising at about 50 with a very high rooster tail. It’s Bills back yard so he knows that bay like the back of his hand. We traveled it once 2 years ago.

He lined himself up for a straight shot and only when we saw Bills rooster tail get lower and longer did we know it was on!

As you see in the video we were way to the right of Bill when we passed him we passed on his left. We had a terrible line and had to come all the way around the island where Bill had a pretty straight shot. We had to contend with every other boat and wake. We were not out front in clean water setting the pace, we were off to the side with the rest of the fleet.
    Once we got going we had serious ground to pick up being so far right. Was Bill way out front, yes, did we real him in? without a doubt. When we passed him he was still flying! Until we saw Bill later that day we knew nothing about any belt break.
    We set up for a long drag and that’s what happened. Truthfully, I think Bill was out of prop and we were had the top end. We were still accelerating when we passed him.

Watch the video again; you will see Bill starts the run in front of all of us. Now watch the angle of the Outlimits and the Mercedes boat. Bill is going straight, we are coming over going a completely different angle to go around the island.. We actually went behind the OL to come over. If you look at 2:26 in the video that is the only time Bill has to turn the boat. A straight line is the shortest distance. At 2:29 look how much ground we picked up. It was then we crossed behind him, caught him and passed him on his Left side. Let’s see the other videos including the one from the bridge.
    At the end of a marathon it doesn’t matter who was out front at the 24 mile mark!
    Indy 500, does anyone know or care who was out front at the 486 lap?

We set up for an 8 mile drag race, not a short little blast. We changed to a set of 1:24 drive which we never tried which takes away the low end acceleration but adds tremendous speed just takes a bit longer to get going.

One way to to figure it all out!!
    http://seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7457

Here is a map of the bay.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jax route.jpg  

6. Collapse Details

Is that leg of the event just 8 miles long ???

How long is the entire event ??

7. Collapse Details

Whether it's cats on the side of the road or kids or????,,,,, Gino is there!!!!

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleface View Post
    Whether it's cats on the side of the road or kids or????,,,,, Gino is there!!!!
    Kind of like dog crap!

I'm just Doing my part to keep post count up on SOS!

9. Collapse Details

Heard this is one great event

How long is the entire course ?

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by boatme View Post
    Heard this is one great event

How long is the entire course ?
    The run to Bimini and back is 106 miles. There are several races, not sure about the others. It's going to be a great weekend.

11. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    I think Mark is looking for the length of the Jax poker Run Gino!!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

12. Collapse Details

Bimini event looks to be fun and sounds like it is a great place for a challange event having all the safty crews available for you

Yea I was curious how long the Jax event was as well

13. Collapse Details
    Re: Charity race
    Sponsor / Charter Member
    I would advise that all participants in this event check with their insurance carriers as I'm positive that all insurance coverage will be void.

14. Collapse Details

170 miles

15. Collapse Details

Thanks Bill

Sounds like a good distance for the event

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gatorone View Post
    170 miles
    Again, thanks for a great weekend! We are just pulling the stuff out of the boat. The carpet weighs about 60 lbs! Everythng is soaked.

Rough trip home.

20 miles out got a blow out and had to pull out Jack, tools etc. Jack it up and change it.

50 miles out- blow out number 2. had to pull out Jack, tools etc. Jack it up and change it. Had to ridre with 5 tires since we sued spare already.

60 miles-met up with someone else in our group got another spare had to pull out Jack, tools etc. Jack it up and install it.

66 miles- watched the new spare go rolling by on I 95 as the rim was bad. Had to chase it for about 1/4 mile. Broke all 5 studs. Took a tire from the other side and put it on the empty spot. Left the spot with broken studs empty. had to pull out Jack, tools etc. Jack it up and change it. Now we have 2 tires on each side.

82 Miles- met up with Grants rigging and Brian and they loaned us another spare.had to pull out Jack, tools etc. Jack it up and install it and back to 5 tires.

our 5.5 hour trip took 7.5 hours!

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Lubejobs42 View Post
    Saw the short version of the video. Only the people on your boat and the people on my boat know what happened.

You are convinced your boat is faster. I know different.

You and I are both charitable guys. Lets do this. Next week during the Bimini challange weekend lets set up a straight run for you and I. Under the safest enviornment. Rescue people, patrol for spectors etc. We both put up $5k. Loser donates the money to the charity.

Straight shot. we discuss the distance. Flat water or ocean -your choice.
    Dead stop start or paceboat (paceboat has to be other than you or me ).

First one passes the finish is the winner. You break-you lose.

This will be fun! It will be for charity, which we know the childrens charity can use it.

Come and kick my butt under fair conditions!

Gino, sounds very fair... Bring it... You bring the boat tell me were and how and don't forget the wallet it's all for a good cause. That's just how I read it.

18. Collapse Details

Again, thanks for a great weekend! We are just pulling the stuff out of the boat. The carpet weighs about 60 lbs! Everythng is soaked.

Rough trip home.

20 miles out got a blow out and had to pull out Jack, tools etc. Jack it up and change it.

50 miles out- blow out number 2. had to pull out Jack, tools etc. Jack it up and change it. Had to ridre with 5 tires since we sued spare already.

60 miles-met up with someone else in our group got another spare had to pull out Jack, tools etc. Jack it up and install it.

66 miles- watched the new spare go rolling by on I 95 as the rim was bad. Had to chase it for about 1/4 mile. Broke all 5 studs. Took a tire from the other side and put it on the empty spot. Left the spot with broken studs empty. had to pull out Jack, tools etc. Jack it up and change it. Now we have 2 tires on each side.

82 Miles- met up with Grants rigging and Brian and they loaned us another spare.had to pull out Jack, tools etc. Jack it up and install it and back to 5 tires.

Sorry Gino, sounds like a typical story for you!
    You need to make a memoirs of all your stories, it would be a great read!

19. Collapse Details

Rough trip home.

Glad you made it home safe Gino.

OUR luck is about the same. 2007, New rear tire blew, (Carlise, don't anyone use one).. Trailer, truck, boat flipped on I-75. Never made it to the KW run.

Yesterday,, just South of I-10 on 301, Orange Cig with thread off tire. They were OK.
    What's with these tires anyway????
    Last edited by PARADOX; 06-08-2009 at 02:44 PM.
    Life is: what happens... when you plan something else.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by missydog View Post
    just compare tattletales, and send the money you would of spent to the charities, 1550 vs.1300 is a little unfair in 2 similar cats
    isn't it 38 feet on the Skater & 44 ft on the Benz????