Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

The loto shootout would be the safest and most appropriate place to settle who is fastest.

2. Collapse Details
    First! First! First! Let The Truth Be Known!
    Banned
    I got a call a while ago from Larry Goldman and he wanted me to post this photo and let everyone know that he was actually the FIRST person to the the bridge. His exact quote:

"I beat Gino by a nose."

3. Collapse Details

congrats on being the first boat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11kFX51YJ2A

4. Collapse Details

Why did it take 3 days to edit this video. Why wasn't it posted Sunday with the other.

I can add a cartoon speedometer and tach say i'm going 200.

All i saw was us gaining very quick. Look were we were earlier and look how much ground we made up.

The only thing that proves to me is we were first to the bridge and you were the first LOSER!

You coming down this weekend?

I'm sure you will also say you didn't have an advantage on the start, being out front, clean water, picking your line, adjusting the trim and hitting it. No green flag, from Yellow to start.

Everyone sees you take off so then we all take off.
    We all have to fight for a good line, clean water.

I have never in my life seen a race started like that!

I wateched the video 3 times and everytime the "cartoon speedometer" does something different. It works then it dosen't work.

You guys said you were stopped when I passed you. I am so glad you posted that video.

Near the end you had your straight shot, I had to come all the way from your starboard to your port to pass.

I had a terrible start but I made up for it and WON!

You know what's really funny about the video? I have lost many blowerbelts while going very fast and as soon as that belt breaks the boat almost instantly slows down dreastically.

I didn't see the attitude or roostertail change in the least.

5. Collapse Details

VIP Member
    VIP Member

Posts: 711 I broke you won... but your statement was you had the fastest boat is....it's obvious that you were clearly ahead of the OL at the start and he passed you..it is clear in the first video...the telemetry on the motors doesnt change.....the GPS shows 173.7 in the boat...do you want a pic...you have nothing but excuses...i got a boat full of water in havasu at the start and was the last boat to get going and still made it to third.... noexcuses it is what it is...everybody I spoke to said it was the best start they had seen....you and Larry spoke to me after the drivers meeting and were told by myself exactly how the start would work...you asked for cameras you got them....anyone watching knows you are just being a winer... the TRUTH MUST REALLY HURT with all your excuses

You have been measured

You have been weighed

And you have been found WANTING

SKATER NATION

6. Collapse Details

(yawning) aaaaaahhhhhhh 20 sec later here comes Gino with a 1/8 mile to go

let me work on my list of excuses as to why i wasn't as fast as PUR PLATINUM

-Had to much fuel

-The OL cut me off

-Ate peppers for breakfast..had upset stomach

-PP jumped the start

-Didn't have a good line

-1.24 killed my acceleration

-Got tricked

-PP has fixed videos that were fabricated

-only 39 pitch mercs

-I couldn't keep the wheel straight

-Myboats not fast enough..oops..I mean my boat was going 220 at the end and really moving

-couldnt turn any rpms

-i needed more power

-should have left my 1.35 in for acceleration

-blah blah blah

All very valid problems if you are just looking for an excuse as to why you got WHOOOPED

7. Collapse Details
    Talking
    I'm sure some where in a dark dungeon Reggie is laughing at Gino........

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gatorone View Post
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Posts: 711 I broke you won... but your statement was you had the fastest boat is....it's obvious that you were clearly ahead of the OL at the start and he passed you..it is clear in the first video...the telemetry on the motors doesnt change.....the GPS shows 173.7 in the boat...do you want a pic...you have nothing but excuses...i got a boat full of water in havasu at the start and was the last boat to get going and still made it to third.... noexcuses it is what it is...everybody I spoke to said it was the best start they had seen....you and Larry spoke to me after the drivers meeting and were told by myself exactly how the start would work...you asked for cameras you got them....anyone watching knows you are just being a winer... the TRUTH MUST REALLY HURT with all your excuses

You have been measured

You have been weighed

And you have been found WANTING

SKATER NATION
    You talked to me after the drivers meeting?? Where and when was this?

9. Collapse Details

-Had to much fuel

-The OL cut me off

-PP jumped the start

-Didn't have a good line

-Got tricked

-only 39 pitch mercs

-Myboats not fast enough..oops..I mean my boat was going 220 at the end and really moving

-couldnt turn any rpms

-i needed more power

-blah blah blah

All very valid problems if you are just looking for an excuse as to why you got WHOOOPED
    What's funny is even with all my excuses that all are true and most my mistake- we still made it through the bridge fiirst. Next year tell everyone the run is until you stop or break, not to the bridge. It will stop a lot of bickering.

It's Ironic you want to bring up excuses! We have never - ever run against each other that you don't have an excuse why you didn't beat me!

2 years ago in Jax,
    We smoked you for the first time and blew up your motor trying to catch us.

Islamorada 2009
    You came up and challanged us,
    We pulled away from you. You tell us you had people in the boat so after we got over 165 you deceided you wanted to take it easy and you backed off.

You told Albert you lost fuel pressure on you 93 octane motors. When Albert and Larry confronted you together you stood there with your "deer in the headlights look" and said it was both excuses.

Remember you called us the following Monday morning and You asked us not to post anything becasue Peter from Skater was really mad?!!

Jax -2009
    you supposedly broke a belt we were first through the bridge as you stated, was the challange!

Now you want to justify how you ALMOST won. And WOULD HAVE if it wasn't for your belt breaking.

You know what's really sad? You have worked so hard and spent more money then probably everyone else in the Poker run world. Lets see,

You Built Ballistic- Didn't run fast enough so you "did something with it"

Bought Keith Eickert- Couldn't build motors that run. Pulled the plug

Built Gold Digger-Didn't run fast enough so you "did something with it"

Built Chief motors -I heard you built Tommy a house in you back yard so he can work in the boat around the clock.
    I'm sure it's worth it since the motors- RUN ON 93 OCTANE!! (just need to mix a little 110 and methenaol) BUT STILL RUN ON 93!!

But the sad part is with the MILLIONS of dollars you spent you still can't get the boat to make it 11 miles to the bridge!

It would probably save you a ton of money, a lot of aggrevation and work if you just hire a photographer, put him on the bridge and you and your buddies drive though with your hands in the air.

You guys will be able to sit around for years, drinking and looking at the picture and congradulate each other how you were first through the bride.
    No one has to know other then your boys, that you were the only boat.

THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS RIGHT HERE!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mercedes fist through bridge.jpg  

10. Collapse Details

You guys both have superb machines.

You thread in waters at speeds I have no interest in achieving and you have my respect for this. This said;

My interest is in offshore boats and running long range at high speeds more like the Bimini Run that happened last year and is happening this weekend. We know who has achieved there.

These run for bridges whether in NY or FL or cat killers showing up and breaking are in my opinion marginal achievements... to me.

Mr. Pyburn's video shows his boat hitting 170 that is impressive for any boat but within 90 seconds one belt is gone and 2:09 Minutes into the run both blower belts have come off, longevity might be an issue, this is more the makings of drag boats than offshore boating and drag boats hit 210mph in 5 seconds.

Congrats both of you on having awesome rigs.
    http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=67&dateline=1262460498

11. Collapse Details

GIno your either just a good liar or have a very hard time accepting the truth.... Larry and you stopped after the drivers meeting and larry spoke to me in the hallway...Gino I ran my 47 GTX in jax two years ago ...what does ballistic or GD have to do with anything........face it...you ride around with Larry and a half atank of fuel..I ride around with aboat full of fuel and people.....Tommy's hasn't touched my motors...what fuel were you running?....everybody at the run saw you get smoked...
    Last edited by gatorone; 06-10-2009 at 12:05 PM.

12. Collapse Details

You know what's really sad? You have worked so hard and spent more money then probably everyone else in the Poker run world. Lets see,

You Built Ballistic- Didn't run fast enough so you "did something with it"

Bought Keith Eickert- Couldn't build motors that run. Pulled the plug

Built Gold Digger-Didn't run fast enough so you "did something with it"

Thanks for the concern...are you a CPA

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BBB725 View Post
    Sandy all ready has a center console outboard boat ,right?

sold the Albury..NorTech is for sale..now that I out accelerated both Pyburn and Gino..looking at 3 different boats at the moment..

14. Collapse Details

Gino, how is it ANY of your business how much money anyone spends?

It's obvious the embarassment of everyone seeing the video after all the smack you've been talking over the past 3 days is going to your head and sending you off the deep end. No reason to bring any other boats, engine builders, finances or anything else into this.

Stick to the topic at hand:

Bills's 388 Skater on pump gas/1300hp outruns and out accelerates your Race/1550hp 44 MTI ... PERIOD

congrats on being first to the bridge, those bragging rights belong to you fair and square

15. Collapse Details

You guys should delete this thread it is making you both look like "whiners." Both boats are very fast beautiful machines and they are both driven by very knowledgeable owners.

The video clearly shows Bill would have made the bridge first if the belt(s) didn't break. Gino clearly made the bridge first of all the running boats. Congratulations to both of you. You guys are both good guys and this thread is bringing out the ugly one liners....

16. Collapse Details

Registered
    Ah yes, poker run controversy.

17. Collapse Details

Allright boys, it's time for the old man to step in here. Enough of the bickering, Gino was first to the bridge, that said we can drop this conversation or:

1- You have a re-do here in Jax. , i'll put police and fire along the route and you boys settle this.

2- Next year at the poker run you both ride in my Deck boat with the mighty 115 Yamaha and make all the card stops with me. I'll even buy the 87 octane for the 30 gallon tank.Cold drinks and sammiches provided cause it takes a while at 33 mph, and thats on the gps. You still have to pay entry fees cause i like to stay at the 100 boat count for the poker run.

3- You do like people that play the Gators football team do and say Wait Till Next Year.

Yall decide which of these options you want and don't make the old man have to sit both of you down for a fatherly talk.

18. Collapse Details

.....you have a slow sh.t box...

Gino, if it's any consolation, I like your sh!tbox. Nicest POS I have ever seen. And very fast too!!!

Good thing GOLD RUSH didn't show, he would have spanked you both

OK, that was just a shameless kiss ass to Terry and Co.

19. Collapse Details

This is actually helping me with the fact that I missed the run this year... NOW I have no regrets....
    Skater Hunter Bros

20. Collapse Details

-Had to much fuel

-The OL cut me off

-PP jumped the start

-Didn't have a good line

-Got tricked

-only 39 pitch mercs

-couldnt turn any rpms

-i needed more power

-blah blah blah