Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by sy goldberg View Post
    I would advise that all participants in this event check with their insurance carriers as I'm positive that all insurance coverage will be void.
    WTF are you the official FUN BURGLAR?

Both Pyburn and Gino have enough coin to hire good lawyers to get a claim paid in the event of an incident during this charity run if it actually occurs.

Where is Stecz to keep this guy in line?

2. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTECHJ View Post
    Here is Pure Platinums... lets see yours gino....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tSXjQ8rCfI

remember lets all say it together..... PUMP GAS 93 octane
    wow...

my quarter is on the skater... expecially if Tommy puts a tune on it...

3. Collapse Details

Worldwide - Blue Martini Hall of Fame - Your sisters house
    Quote Originally Posted by JupiterSunsation View Post

Both Pyburn and Gino have enough coin to hire good lawyers to get a claim paid in the event of an incident during this charity run if it actually occurs.

Old phukin jew. Go get some matzo soup and leave boating to the men

4. Collapse Details
    Fun burglar your dumb ass !
    Sponsor / Charter Member
    I'm the person who got the phone call from the SMOKE ON THE WATER poker run and processed the payment of the $1,300,000 claim. I won't even discuss the fact that innocent lives were lost.I don't see any FUN in any part of this.

5. Collapse Details
    Hey dollabill !
    Sponsor / Charter Member
    It's matzo ball soup and there are usually 2 balls per bowl,but I guess this is an area(2 BALLS) that you are not familiar with.

6. Collapse Details

This just sounds like some good ole friendly competition. Sounds fun, its great to be competitive.

7. Collapse Details

I'm the person who got the phone call from the SMOKE ON THE WATER poker run and processed the payment of the $1,300,000 claim. I won't even discuss the fact that innocent lives were lost.I don't see any FUN in any part of this.
    Hey, yes that was very unfortinate. But Life is short and if 4 people WANT to do this, if they have the skill to drive these boats at this speed then they also know the risk. I myself would love to be a part of this. You are doing something you love, and if no inocent lives are in danger than.....Lets rock!!!

8. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    How does that apply to sitting in the back seat?
    Steve

9. Collapse Details

There shouldnt be anyone in the back seat. Two in each boat

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by detail toyz View Post
    Hey, yes that was very unfortinate. But Life is short and if 4 people WANT to do this, if they have the skill to drive these boats at this speed then they also know the risk. I myself would love to be a part of this. You are doing something you love, and if no inocent lives are in danger than.....Lets rock!!!
    it's more involved than the people in the boat... read this..

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forum...newpost&t=7471
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

11. Collapse Details

You guys do it safe in the FL-to-Bimini deal and I will tack on $5k to the charity chosen for the winner. You break you loose of course...

-Lube Job
    -GoGator
    -LooseCannon
    http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=67&dateline=1262460498

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by glh View Post
    You guys do it safe in the FL-to-Bimini deal and I will tack on $5k to the charity chosen for the winner. You break you loose of course...

-Lube Job
    -GoGator
    -LooseCannon
    That's very nice! Thank you! All we need is Bill to get down here!

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Lubejobs42 View Post
    That's very nice! Thank you! All we need is Bill to get down here!
    We aim to please Gino.

Always safe you guys ... Don't f it up for us normal folks!!!
    http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=67&dateline=1262460498

14. Collapse Details

GLH did you win the Powerball recently or what?

the Mut was somewhat of a lateral move from the Tiger, but then the MTI dingy, the restoration, the tow rig (which is AWESOME), now the 5K........thought we were in a recession!

15. Collapse Details

Interesting facts:

8 mile course.

Boat running 170 mph for 8 miles will do it in 2 minutes 49 seconds.

If a second boat wishes to catch said first boat and is a mile behind, the second boat will have to run 191 mph to get to the end at the same time. To get there 9 seconds faster the second boat will have to be going 202 mph.

And we're talking point A to point B at said speeds.

Moral of the story....It's all about the start.
    Making the best in the industry BETTER since 1990...LIP-SHIP Performance: 305-933-9988

2010 Desert Storm Poker Run extravaganza - 04/22 through 4/25 Lake Havasu, Az.

16. Collapse Details

I'm the person who got the phone call from the SMOKE ON THE WATER poker run and processed the payment of the $1,300,000 claim.
    Bet they don't pay commissions on the claims huh?

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by glh View Post

-Lube Job
    -GoGator
    -LooseCannon
    Tack on 5k to my charity...Sheeesh.

Making the best in the industry BETTER since 1990...LIP-SHIP Performance: 305-933-9988

18. Collapse Details

Hey Sy, I'm not trying to take away from that horrible accident or disrespect the lives that were lost in that or any of the other accidents (Nashvilee catz, flashgordon, Pammy, etc).

But sh!t man, that's what this hobby is all about. Calculated risk. We all know the risk and the potential for disaster. I think it's part of the rush.

Racing a boat at over 170 mph in the open ocean is precisly why people like Gino, Larry, GLH, joe, etc. etc. have these machines. I personally DO see the fun in it.

I'm not condoning recklessness or foolishness (which is all relative) but you can sit on the sidelines and wonder what if all day long. Or you can go out there and do it, live life the way you want. You may die young, you may die old; but one thing is for certain....we all die someday.

19. Collapse Details

That claim was just for the boat not for the lawsuits

I am one of the two guys that put on the event (SOTW) and had to live the lawuits for two years

I think Gino is talking about doing this challenge at a race site with race officials and safety crew
    If this is what he is suggesting then I support him and think it is the way to separate the trash talk from the reality. Do under controlled conditions (it is where this needs to be) with professional safety crews
    Just like guys on the street they want to show who is best, they can take it to the drag track (and many do) where all safety precautions are in place in case of an accident

That said, Racing at a organized Poker Run is wrong and unsafe and should NOT be encouraged This will end any insurance on boats at these events (many insurance companies already exclude Poker Runs now)

I like Bill Pyburn and I like Gino, Both are great guys
    I want to see these guys around for many years as they bring great enthusiasm for the sport. so Lets keep it safe and run this stuff where others are there to save your butt if something tragic happens

Good luck on the challenge and way to go at putting it on where safety crews are there to keep you guys healthy

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterSunsation View Post

They both need to read their policies closely. This is a race with a charity benefiting at its conclusion. All the lawyers in the world aren't going to get a claim paid on a policy that clearly states engaging in a race, organized or otherwise, is exluded from coverage. Insurance policies are pretty solid contracts. Sy is simply pointing out the financial risk that is at stake here.