Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
  1. Collapse Details

And here's pics of the beach at Madisonville past Baton Rouge(and again -my old Sea Ray). It's actually on the north end of Lake Pontchartrain at the mouth of the Tchefuncta River. Cool, beautiful place, good water! Usually people stop here on the Royal Purple Poker Run.

It'll be a little far to go to during this trip to the Lake Bash but look out next summer!! It's about an hours ride from where we are stayin at the cabins on the Diversion Canal. Cross Lake Maruepas, Manchac Pass between the lakes, then cross just about 10 miles on the very north end of Lake Pontchartrain, not too bad.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Copy of Madisonville beach2005.jpg   Copy of Madisonville beach 2005.jpg  

2. Collapse Details
    Run to "White Sands" up the East Fork
    Well, the sand aint exactly "white", but thats what I call the place. Had a good time up the Calcasieu east fork near Hecker - nice place. Clean water, good BBQ and hotdogs. Shorter run than we remembered though. I think everybody came back with 3/4 tank left. Here's some pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0045.jpg   IMG_0046.jpg   IMG_0047.jpg  

3. Collapse Details

more pics at the beach.
    Kevin's boat in back, Need for Speed, Miss Behavin, and the Nauti Girl. The rest of the gang missed out! We'll do it again sometime(maybe like next year).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0048.jpg   IMG_0054.jpg  
    Last edited by CAPM KURT; 08-26-2009 at 10:39 PM.

4. Collapse Details

Whats up for this weekend?? Anyone going boating???

5. Collapse Details

not sure yet, have to watch weather-not looking real good for saturday. Need to change elbow gaskets tommorrow - both leaking slightly. Angelle's got other things to do. But I may be game for a ride.
    Last edited by CAPM KURT; 08-28-2009 at 09:38 AM.

6. Collapse Details

wont make it this weekend. jennifer may go see her sister out of town and our boat still down. parts wont be in till wed. next week.

7. Collapse Details
    Sound proofing foam insulation
    I've got a leftover roll of sound barrier foam if anybody can use it. It's good heavy stuff. Called Whispermat, with a layer of what they call mass loaded vinyl(like a rubber mat) in the middle with foam on both sides. 1" thick. Weighs about 1-2lbs per sq ft.

Some types have alum foil on one side to protect against oil/grease but this type does not have the foil - it has foam on both sides. But not a problem if you don't pour oil on it. Expensive stuff-cost $6.00 per sq ft. For friends, I'll give it to ya if you can use it.
    Last edited by CAPM KURT; 08-29-2009 at 09:22 AM.

8. Collapse Details

Who all's goin to the Jetties Sunday. And what time

9. Collapse Details

Registered
    I'll take some Kurt if you have some spair of that foam barrier

10. Collapse Details

What day is everybody going out this weekend. It's time to get em wet again!! I've heard Monday a couple people are puttin em in. Weather looks much better for monday anyway-not good Sunday. I'm ready.

There's a band playing Sunday 3-7 at The Landing on the Contraband Bayou, but not good weather day for boatin - 60%. Chad, Damon, and me and Angelle went there in the Chad's boat Friday night to listen to the bands(3 of em). Great time - it was kind off like the old Peppers music on a bigger outdoor scale. About 10 boats were there, and a heck of a lot of people-inside and out. Great hamburgers.

LSUMike - I'll hold you some of the sound foam.
    Last edited by CAPM KURT; 09-05-2009 at 01:25 PM.

11. Collapse Details

Hydro Boat races are at the sabine river this weekend in orange by the old ship yard. i will be at blue bird launch at 11 am sat morning because that is the time that the stop the races for marine traffic. hope to see yall there!!!!!!!!!!

12. Collapse Details
    Orange, TX Poker Run
    I'm not makin the races this weekend, but i'm game for the POKER RUN next weekend in Orange. Never been to the Sabine..anybody got any tips? I was told a good launch is off the Simmon's st exit. Is that where the boat club is?

13. Collapse Details

The boat club has its own launches that is most likely where we will launch at.

14. Collapse Details
    Orange Boat Club Poker Run
    Lets go to the Orange Poker Run this Saturday. I was even thinkin of running the boat over there. Anybody made that run?? Looks from the map like about 40 miles--little over an hour's cruise from 210 to orange boat club. Otherwise, trailering will have to do.

Angelle said many years ago they used to stay in a hotel next to the water. I don't know of any hotels now - anybody know of one on the water?

Google Map of Orange area waterways and boat club location:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&so...image&resnum=1
    Last edited by CAPM KURT; 09-22-2009 at 11:10 PM.

15. Collapse Details

Putting boat in today. I think several in the gang are going out today. No set plans. We'll have to take a cruise somewhere. Been a long time since I've ridden to Holbrook park, or go up the east fork to White Sands?

Howard Davis bought a 56' yacht type boat. It's at Rick's place now. I'll take a ride over and look at it.

16. Collapse Details

Wow, can't believe Howard bought a slow boat.