Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Congrats Gary and the Predator team. Boat looked absolutely gorgeous and was running awesome ! Great to finally meet you in person Jeff. Really enjoyed spending time with y'all this weekend.

- Aaron

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by PARADOX View Post
    Braggin' rights belong to the "crazy seven", that had tha ballz to go the the rest of the stops after lunch, in the rain. My boat was shaking so bed, like it lost a prop blade. It was from me shivering.

Great run of the BIG cats, tho, and I can understand not actually getting the cards, at some spots, (But at least get there or close) but as far as I go.. IT'S an event... not a race. It's ok to race of course and more power to the crazy nuts.. BUT... No show at the card stops... no card.. no hands...
    kinda defeats the purpose of the Poker Run theme. Not much of a TRUE “Poker Run” when everyone makes a mad dash to the lunch spot, and a mad sprint back to the hotel skipping all the stops, then still get all their chances with the playing hands. (I don't think any one of us actually go the these run to win with the crads, but it is a "Poker Run" after all.)
    The stops are independent businesses, providing a service and deserve the attention and effort by us “nuts” to show our appreciation at least.

Thanks for the pix BigChubby.. I will work on the XXXL “T” s for you.

P
    Fun metting and running with you guys, I was shivering too! (one of the seven)

Gino did ask in the meeting if there was a problem not stopping, no one had a problem then. I wouldn't stop either if had I had their boats.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jima97 View Post
    Fun metting and running with you guys, I was shivering too! (one of the seven)

Gino did ask in the meeting if there was a problem not stopping, no one had a problem then. I wouldn't stop either if had I had their boats.

It was good meeting and running with you guys too.
    I understand "not stopping" at the card stops, especially with some of the rigs. I also understand some of the "racing" and the getting some fast times in. While I can't keep up with some of the "big guys". I, too hit the throttle a bit a few times with boats that have compatible speed and eq. And Jax is a good place to do it. It's just nice to have as many boats running together as possible. Even if the Gino group have to slow down a bit.
    Life is: what happens... when you plan something else.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jayboat View Post
    Man, oh, man... the usual great time was had again. Great to see everyone again.
    Gotta thank Bill for the hospitality and another unforgettable weekend.

Had a blast with Lori (PicChic), who worked with me this year-
    she was on the bridge and in the booth and mostly partyin' with... everyone!
    She got some shots Saturday nite that will be classics, I guarantee it.

Wanted to get this composite up that shows the field as they approached Buckman Bridge.
    In the top image you can see PP is shutting down and Gino on the right
    (ignore that little vbottom directly behind Gino, he was waiting in the river...)

The bottom shot shows Predator and Performance Boat Brokers MTI a bit behind the Mercedes boat and PP pulling off the course.

One other thing... talk about bad timing for us in the chopper- see that F16 in the background of the first shot?
    Just as the field took off, we were advised by the tower at the Naval Air Field that we couldn't fly south until that guy landed
    We had to hold position at the start and just watch the pack take off down the river.
    Really piZzed me off. oh well- still got some good stuff. stay tuned!

That bottom photo was taken after we came off plane as we came up to the fire boat in the middle of the river with his red lights flashing.That is where gino and the canopied MTI went past us.We accelerated back up to speed once we realized all the boats and the fire boat were there to watch the poker run and were snapping picturesand having a good ole time.
    We were third to the bribge only because of the above.We caught and passed gino and the canopied MTI on the way to the first card stop.

5. Collapse Details

The above photo was taken 100 yards from the bridge.Bill was definatly the fastest boat out there till he thru both blower belts.The outerlimits cat was right behind him till they lost a transmission.I dont know if we could have caught Bill if we hadnt been distracted by the fire boat and his flashing red lights ,but gino i do know you were behind us as was the canopied MTI.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by masher44 View Post
    Great pics jay. Predator could have saved 5k in fuel and just stopped in Oklahoma to get it handed to him.
    I didnt know they had any fast boats in oklahoma.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Lubejobs42 View Post
    First of all if you ever drove with crash boxes you would understand. Add congestion, wind and current and that's where the name "crash" came from. .

Quote Originally Posted by KnotRight View Post
    Liability my boy.

Have you ever run a 50 foot cat with crashboxes and blower motors?
    Well if your boats are worthless POKER RUN boats then slap some numbers on them, get an orange helmet and call it race.

8. Collapse Details

Yet the question goes unanswered.

Sometimes I have a hard time wearing a helmet cause my head is too big.
    Its all good my friend.

9. Collapse Details

Gary and the whole Predator team say hi too My Turbine builders Jim and Aron
    at PPS when ya get back To Arizona.

Your boat is over the top!

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    Well if your boats are worthless POKER RUN boats then slap some numbers on them, get an orange helmet and call it race.
    Boats that show up where there sole purpose is to race to the first card stop but cant or dont want to get cards for what ever reason,should strap on orange helmets and numbers and go racing.Poker runs are not a place for canopied boats or full blown race boats that show up with there numbers removed for the weekend poker runs.
    They are contributing nothing for the charitible event and are only endangering its future.

11. Collapse Details

Registered
    Ignorant queston.............
    Poker runs don't want race boats entered but boat that have more H.P. then many race boats enter and they can't even go to the card stops due to crashbox transmissions so why call it a poker run ?
    Seems more like a long drag race without someone with a checkered flag to proclaim the winner.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by NO MERCY View Post
    Congrats Gary and the Predator team. Boat looked absolutely gorgeous and was running awesome ! Great to finally meet you in person Jeff. Really enjoyed spending time with y'all this weekend.

- Aaron
    Hey Aaron-it was great hanging out with you and bill this weekend.I hope you find what you are looking for and i will also keep a eye out for you.
    Thank you for all the hospitally and look forward to seeing you guys at the next one.GARY

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SKATER40 View Post
    The above photo was taken 100 yards from the bridge.Bill was definatly the fastest boat out there till he thru both blower belts.The outerlimits cat was right behind him till they lost a transmission.I dont know if we could have caught Bill if we hadnt been distracted by the fire boat and his flashing red lights ,but gino i do know you were behind us as was the canopied MTI.
    Until we pssed you.

14. Collapse Details

Great Poker Run turned into a p1ssing match.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails monkey_pee.gif  

15. Collapse Details

We caught and passed gino and the canopied MTI on the way to the first card stop.
    OK!
    Last edited by Lubejobs42; 06-08-2009 at 09:29 PM.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    What a bunch of bullcrap. Why even leave the dock if you're not going to hit the card stops. Just go collect your cards inside and call it a day.

Personally, I think if you can't collect all the cards you should forfeit your hand. It's been pointed out that you need to finish to win, the same should hold true for the cards.

Some of us actually go to the stops while others make a 15 minute blast, go back to the dock, collect cards and win..... Seems to me something is wrong with the concept.

17. Collapse Details

I didnt know they had any fast boats in oklahoma.
    lol

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    Personally, I think if you can't collect all the cards you should forfeit your hand. It's been pointed out that you need to finish to win, the same should hold true for the cards.

Some of us actually go to the stops while others make a 15 minute blast, go back to the dock, collect cards and win..... Seems to me something is wrong with the concept.
    I see your point, but....

We did a poker run last year and due to mechanical issue couldn't make the start on time...we got out but couldn't get to all the stops in time (people handing out the cards had already left). It was disappointing but would have been even more disappointing if we weren't able to collect on cards we weren't able to get during the run.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post

The way many of the poker runs are set up now is you can buy additional cards-hands. So no matter who picked up what cards, that could change at anytime by purchasing more hands.

I will tell you, no matter how many cards have picked up, been handed or purchased outright, I have never won a thing.

20. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    OY...........

It's been too long since the last fatality and the pecker length contests are revving up again. After the next accident we will no doubt hear"

"What a great driver he was"

"He was always careful"

"He went over every detail in the boat and never pushed it to unsafe levels"

"It must have been mechanical failure."

Truth is at 150 mph in an open cockpit boat......Mario Andretti can't correct for a sudden "situation".........

I do enjoy this theme though......"West Coast Predator...etc" Of course it is referring to a Midwest Cat.....

T2x
    Allergic to Nonsense